LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Blogcast 064: One Week Later

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Feb 28, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

While we’re still starry-eyed from the PS4 reveal last week, we wrangle a show full of your PS4 impressions, run through the gamut of new PSN and Blu-ray releases for next Tuesday, March 5th, and check in with the Sportsfriends gang. Plus: Our Games of the Month for February!

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick Suttner

Official PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Morgan HaroOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Aram Jabbari

The Cast

PAGE 1 2

+ BlindMango on February 28th, 2013 at 7:17 pm said:

BEYOND!! Oh wait, BLOGOND!!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on February 28th, 2013 at 7:21 pm said:

^_^

+ siegfried07 on February 28th, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

portal 2
disgaea
persona arena or dead or alive
the cave

+ WHITE_PR on February 28th, 2013 at 7:19 pm said:

Downloading… Done!

+ TERMINATOR543 on February 28th, 2013 at 7:23 pm said:

Whoo hoo, Morgan Haro, He should be a Blogcast regular :)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on February 28th, 2013 at 9:05 pm said:

Happy to be on whenever it make sense =)

+ GrayWolf323 on February 28th, 2013 at 7:25 pm said:

will there be any sort of bundle/deal for buying both the Vita/PS3 versions on PSN?

+ Jetup on February 28th, 2013 at 7:28 pm said:

I’m guessing Mirrors Edge, Disgaea 3, Dead or Alive 5, and The Cave for the PS+ update next month

I hope I don’t sent the hopes high. Can I get a *wink* if I get at least get one right?

+ Jetup on February 28th, 2013 at 7:28 pm said:

*I hope I don’t set the hopes high

+ Robbie_G_lrish on February 28th, 2013 at 7:36 pm said:

Somebody should shop those two people out of Justin’s picture… Good to see Aram back. I’ll listen to this later.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Nick Suttner on February 28th, 2013 at 7:47 pm said:

Justin is actually the guy in the background with the hat. The guy with the glasses is just the most successful photo-bomber ever.

+ BlindMango on February 28th, 2013 at 7:58 pm said:

@Nick Suttner

And I think I have found the most hilarious PS Blog reply ever, hahaha

+ kassatsu on February 28th, 2013 at 7:59 pm said:

Head’s up to Nick:

The “Live Area” refresh button is not present on PlayStation Mobile titles. Therefore there is no way for the orange update icon to appear.

To update PSM games you either have to:

a) Start the game while connected to the internet. (Not 100% sure here but) The PSM Runtime Package will then check to see if an update is live. It will download it in the background. The screen usually turns black with some weird green bars on it while this is happening. Sometimes it will force restart the game, but other times I have had to do it manually.

b) You can redownload the game from the PlayStation Mobile store. This way will work 100% of the time, but it might wipe your save data.

I hope that clears things up.

+ hawjboi2009 on February 28th, 2013 at 8:01 pm said:

hey Sid shuman, Tomb Raider is not going to be in psn store as day one digital right ? if it not then i will be very sad and not happy :(

+ snakeeyes211 on February 28th, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

Another awesome show guys :-)

+ remanutd5 on February 28th, 2013 at 8:10 pm said:

Getting ps4 day 1, hopefully Knack, Killzone Shadow Fall, Driveclub (still mad at Evolution because they didnt announced a Motorstorm game instead) and inFAMOUS Second Son are launch titles.

wishful ps4 launch titles:
Knack, Killzone Shadow Fall, inFAMOUS Second Son, The Last Guardian, Eight Days, The Getaway 3, Heavenly Sword 2, MediEvil, Syphon Filter

and i really hope you guys deliver true remote play this time because im still waiting to play Killzone 3 on my vita lol.

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 28th, 2013 at 8:10 pm said:

Morgan on the blogcast? This should be a welcome surprise :)

+ remanutd5 on February 28th, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

oh and im starting to lose faith in the vita, no new game announcements? oh well.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on February 28th, 2013 at 8:14 pm said:

Morgan in the house! Alright

-Monthly updates? Nice
-Persona: EP being worked on the Vita issue – Nice.
-Good March Update? Silly Morgan, they’re all great.

Nice idea on the whole Plus Update downloads. Hit the Web store – find your stuff – Download on ps3 & save yourself the playstation Store hazzle.

& a thing you guys forgot to mention for Playstation All-Stars, for those buying the GoW: Ascension, you will also get the New DLC Characters for FREE.

+ hyenapaws on February 28th, 2013 at 8:30 pm said:

Love what you guys do.

But you have GOT to change the icon photo you use for these posts! The sudden shock of seeing that face appear is just too much! It’s too much “happy” :3

+ supvic on February 28th, 2013 at 8:32 pm said:

@Nick Suttner re:8, LOL epic reply

+ helbertpina on February 28th, 2013 at 9:04 pm said:

Cool, missed the cast for a few weeks and come back to Morgan as a guest! :D

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on February 28th, 2013 at 9:09 pm said:

now if only I could stop saying ‘uhhh” #firstpodcastwoes

+ mattweimer on February 28th, 2013 at 9:19 pm said:

Hey Morgan,

Any word yet ( I know you said you would update us ) on whether or not Tomb Raider will be Digital Day1? I have not bought any discs lately and really don’t want to!

Thanks

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on February 28th, 2013 at 10:03 pm said:

ehhh, I haven’t mentioned anything on Tomb Raider; I believe you’re thinking of my colleague Pierre in his responses on the Day 1 Digital announce lineup post. However, any news on this would be shared on the Blog or on the @PlayStation Twitter account.

+ jonjon0890 on February 28th, 2013 at 9:54 pm said:

here are my guesses 4 march’s ps plus igc:

1. Spec Ops: The Line
2. Rainbow Moon
3. Persona 4 Arena (hoping)
4. The Cave

+ smoothboarder540 on February 28th, 2013 at 9:59 pm said:

Don’t worry about the “uhs” Morgan. It was actually more noticeable when it took Sid about 10 seconds to get out a word that one point in the conversation. And thanks for getting us the monthly updates.

+ Kchow23 on February 28th, 2013 at 10:57 pm said:

These are my PS Plus guesses

1. Spec Ops: The Line (I’m leaning towards Spec Ops) or Crysis 2
2. Disgaea 3
3. Skullgirls
4. The Cave

+ Richard919 on February 28th, 2013 at 10:58 pm said:

Great show…btw it’s funny Nick brought up Jurassic Park when talking about Crysis 3. There is a trophy “clever girl” in Crysis 3 which is a Jurassic Park reference.

+ Kchow23 on February 28th, 2013 at 11:02 pm said:

How did I not see this coming? full on Oscar award battle in the Blogcast :P

+ GRIM__REAFER on February 28th, 2013 at 11:23 pm said:

Never bought a system at launch but if you can have another and better version of PS4 like more memory and all then my interest will increase by 10 folds.

Two different types, pretty much what I’m waiting for.

+ BrianC6234 on March 1st, 2013 at 12:27 am said:

Too much talk about the Oscars and movies on this episode. Can’t you keep it to games?

+ JonButler on March 1st, 2013 at 12:51 am said:

This is my third week listening to the podcast. I’ve downloaded the last three episodes on my playstation and can’t get enough of this wonderful blogcast. Looking foward to the future as a fan of the playstation blogcast

+ yshisu on March 1st, 2013 at 2:44 am said:

At least now I know this is going to be another crappy month on plus…

+ johnnyp70 on March 1st, 2013 at 5:03 am said:

I think most people are correct with Spec Ops: The Line, Disgaea 3 and the Cave, but the fighting game is probably Dead or Alive. EU Plus is getting that in March, so maybe the two line up for once?

+ TitoVarela07 on March 1st, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

Hey guys why should i keep supporting sony by buying games from the PSN?,i have suppported you when you started with day 1 releases by purchasing Dishonored,Resident evil 6,Dead space 3,Doom BFG and other day 1 releases plus many other games and content,And now the PS4 is not going to support Digital content and that is not right.That dicision is a slap in the face to be honest and Morgan replied to this same question on the new releases blog with the same old line of stay tuned for more info in the coming weeks stop that why cant we get a straight answer for once instead of the vanilla answer as always.I know you want us to keep spending our hard earned money but stop treating us like children and come with the truth,i will not spend 1 more dollar until i get answers and i hope you guys at sony give us one soon.

+ ItaChu on March 1st, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

A MONTHLY PS+ UPDATE FROM MORGAN ON PS BLOGCAST?!!!!!

I guess this means we’ll finally see a MONTHLY PS+ Post on the Blog starting next week huh? lol …. about time!

+ ItaChu on March 1st, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

And as you can see I got PS+ again like i said i would XD

+ Gorvi on March 1st, 2013 at 6:33 am said:

My guesses for the Plus games next month:

1. Spec Ops: The Line
2. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
3. Persona 4 Arena
4. The Cave

+ ItaChu on March 1st, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

oh so were getting Mass Effect 3 and Dead or Alive 5 just like europe?! awesome LOL

+ ItaChu on March 1st, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

FIGHTING GAME @Gorvi LOL

+ ItaChu on March 1st, 2013 at 6:54 am said:

oh your counting 49.99 as the 50 dollars awesome :) thnx Morgan

+ AlbertPerK21 on March 1st, 2013 at 6:55 am said:

@BlindMango LOL Love that podcast! Sad that Clements got let go though! :(

Definitely will check out this blogcast to get the latest – can’t wait for the PlayStation 4!

+ ero619 on March 1st, 2013 at 7:19 am said:

After reading some comment I really hope that the game is Spec OPS, but most likely it wont :(. Great blogcast guys!

+ Naritubr on March 1st, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

When Metal Gear Rising will be released on psn?!..ty

+ Bcrazyman on March 1st, 2013 at 7:38 am said:

HEY CANT WAIT TO GET THIS MONTHS FREE! GAMES I LOVE BEING A PS+ MEMBER!
HEY GREAT BLOG CAST MORGON,SID! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT I LOVE PS+ I GONNA 1YEAR+3MONTHS FREE! CANT WAIT FOR THIS WEEK GAMES! I REALLY EXCITED, I CANT WAIT TO GET MY VITA! PSVITA!
YOU GUYS KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! PS+4EVER!

+ Ryumoau on March 1st, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Thank you guys for finally using the monthly update format again. Its nice knowing the layout in advance.

I’m not too interested in the ‘FPS game that turned the world on its head’. I figure its most likely Spec Ops, which some of my friends didn’t like because it was very preachy in its anti-violence sentiment despite still playing like every other Call of Duty clone.

I’m excited for whatever strategy rpg you have planned for Vita. Can’t think of anything aside from Disgaea, since Rainbow Moon Vita isn’t out yet.

Fighting games don’t interest me, unless you somehow got Naruto UNS3 day 1 digital and offered that. I doubt it though. The psn game sounds like it might be The cave, which looks interesting.

+ TwinDad on March 1st, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

I’ll just say that if #4 is indeed The Cave, then PS+ has captured my heart for the March update. The rest is just pure gravy.

Also I’d swear the Sid is the person picking the PS+ titles with as many fighters as there have been.

+ vongruetz on March 1st, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

What are the chances that Morgan could be more of a regular member of the blogcast? He seems to be the face for PS+ and it’d be great to hear his input every week. Or is he intimidated by Nick’s beard?
And my guess for one of the PS+ games is also The Cave. I bought it the day it got released and loved it. I played it non-stop for the first week it came out and maxed out the trophies. Anyone who is a fan of Ron Gilbert’s games should love it. Afterall, there’s a vending machine that dispenses cans of grog, so you know it’s fun.

+ lisatsunami on March 1st, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Morgan, sorry but I didn’t hear your part. I always fall asleep because of Nick’s deep, soothing voice which is always at the beginning of the blog cast. But I’m sure it was a good feature that should be included every month?

+ BlindMango on March 1st, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

@AlbertPerK21 (Comment 38)

I know, I think the best podcasts are the PlayStation podcasts! lol, yeah i really sucks to see Clements go =/

+ Elvick_ on March 1st, 2013 at 10:31 pm said:

Atelier Ayesha isn’t related to Meruru. Meruru was the conclusion of the Arland trilogy (Rorona, Totori, Meruru). And they aren’t Strategy RPGs.

+ CZ4200 on March 2nd, 2013 at 1:18 am said:

$200 back if you spent a $1000 and if that was all spent on ps+ you would have 25 more years if you do it before the 4th a mere 20 years if after

+ beef_child on March 2nd, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

I’m going out on a limb and say Far Cry 3. I think Sony is finally going to do something to appease the masses of disgruntled plussers. I also think they realize that they need to do something big to lock in plus support before ps4 rolls out and encourage us to sign up or renew with the 1 yr + 3 mts. Then they know we’re committed to 2 on-line delivery systems when ps4 comes out. If they’re smart and want to keep us happy….the jury’s still out on that though.

+ beef_child on March 2nd, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

That being said, I’m still happy with plus, and will renew anyway. There’s always games I didn’t purchase or play. PS4 is not a day 1 for me, so I’ll be riding ps3 for a while. And although I don’t always like what they give, I’m certainly not a disgruntled plusser!

PAGE 1 2