Final Fantasy XV

Mar 01

Mar 01

God of War Unboxed: Inside the Ascension Collector’s Edition

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager

Like God of War

Whether you’re a long-time God of War fan since the game-changing PlayStation 2 original, or have yet to join the legion of Kratos devotees around the world, the long-awaited God of War: Ascension is going to be an unforgettable experience for loyalists and newcomers alike. And for the true God of War fan, the God of War: Ascension Collector’s Edition is destined to be the crown jewel in your game collection come March 12th.

At only $79.99, the Collector’s Edition offers a ton of content at a great price. A beautifully crafted 6” statue of Kratos—a one-of-a-kind collectible that won’t be sold anywhere else—accompanies a premium Steelbook case with the iconic God of War Omega design. Also included is a wealth of digital content: an exclusive PS3 dynamic theme, a PSN Avatar pack, a 48-hour multiplayer mode XP boost, and a Season Pass for all future DLC released for the game. Also included is a voucher to download the official game soundtrack featuring Tyler Bates’ thrilling score to the game, recorded with a full orchestra and choir at the famous Abbey Road Studios in London.

The Collector’s Edition is nearly sold-out, so be sure to pre-order yours before it’s too late (and to claim your bonus DLC as well).

I’m also excited to share the final “Behind the Scenes” video from our captivating live-action “From Ashes” trailer and TV commercial. This latest installment of our Unchained BTS series offers insight into the full-scale Hollywood production behind bringing Kratos to life, featuring interviews with the minds behind both the game and the trailer.

If you missed the first two BTS videos, be sure to check out the work that went into bringing Kratos and his Spartan army to life.

If you can’t wait until March 12th to get your hands on Kratos’ latest adventure, head to the PlayStation Store right now to download the single-player demo and experience the intense opening of the game. The demo also features bonus video content from the game and more.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

CanadianFuzzy said:

March 1st, 9:03 am

Why is he talking like that? Talk like a normal person.

Koshuu said:

March 1st, 9:03 am

Can’t wait for the release to finally play this, the demo was awesome. I have the God of War 3 collectors edition but for some reason this one just didn’t call out to me. Still very much looking forward to the game itself though.

truongtantai said:

March 1st, 9:08 am

i want to steal this dics ^.^ , i hope this one not leak until the release date

BrianMcGuinness said:

March 1st, 9:10 am

Can’t wait. Does the PS3 bundle include any special features too (besides every GoW game, which I know is awesome)? My PS3 literally just died a few days ago, so I’m going to replace it with the 500GB bundle on the 12th. Thanks.

Axecution said:

March 1st, 9:16 am

…….surprisingly the DLC season pass is what sold me. Lol i mean it’s probably 20 dollars on the store anyway xD

ps_n_blog_ac said:

March 1st, 9:17 am

This + Rise of the warrior +beta+ PS All stars! so much content :’) but i have no money…

donvarone said:

March 1st, 9:24 am

so the standard editon comes with the last of us demo too right? cause i’m from mexico and could only order standard edition

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

March 1st, 9:30 am

The video told me to get the Collectors Edition, then the thing at the end said get the GoW Legacy Bundle.

Which one do you want me to buy?!

saladbeard said:

March 1st, 9:33 am

The Live Action trailer was incredibly well made, it’s truly beautiful. Great job!

Godchild1020 said:

March 1st, 9:33 am

I’m getting the Legacy Bundle for GOW:A, Big fan of the series and knew I had to get that red PS3.

I have a question, is there a way for Sony, Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream to do a cross promotion for Beyond Two Souls with an exclusive demo on The Last Of US disc? Similar to how God Of War: Accession and The Last of Us is handling the demo for TLOU. Just an idea for now.

guitarded77 said:

March 1st, 9:36 am

Is there gonna be a digital download version for us to pre-order???

spoonTRex said:

March 1st, 9:39 am

Oh look…a statue…I’ll just set it next to my statue from EVERY COLLECTOR’S EDITION FROM THE PAST THREE YEARS.

This message brought to you by a plea to game companies to stop the senseless collector’s editions featuring statues, and challenging them to actually think outside the box (but not to include coupons for Taco Bell).

BlooodyCow said:

March 1st, 9:44 am

Collector Edition….Check
Request March 12 and 13 Off from work….Check

Can’t believe this game is almost here :)

remanutd5 said:

March 1st, 9:45 am

I have a question for Santa Monica studios, now that ready at dawn is working on next gen consoles(most likely ps4) are you guys planning to bring an exclusive God of War game to the playstation vita? and whats up with all the Viking stuff on the demo? next Santa monica studio game based on Viking mythology?

dodgedoors said:

March 1st, 9:46 am

I’m a big fan of Godchild. You make great roadmaps

Wozman23 said:

March 1st, 9:47 am

I don’t normally opt for CEs, but the $79.99 price point ones always seem like a great deal, and they aren’t filled with a lot of stuff I don’t want that drives up the price of others. The only three I’ve purchased were LBP2, this one, and the upcoming Last of Us Survival Edition.

While I want to support Superbot/Santa Monica, I’m also extremely happy we’re getting Isaac and Zeus vouchers for PSASBR. Isaac was at the top of my wish list for characters (obvious choices aside).

Whoever is in charge of making these decisions, keep up the good work! I’ll buy anything at that price when it comes with a quality art book, or interesting DLC content.

IceColdKilla44 said:

March 1st, 9:53 am

Thanks for the video!

I only have one question though; does the CE come with only the Steelbook case with the game disc/vouchers inside? Or is a standard retail copy packaged into the CE along with the Steelbook?

From this video it looks like the former, but it would be nice to just get a confirmation!

DZORMAGEN said:

March 1st, 10:06 am

The video failed to mention the PS ALL STAR BATTLE ROYALE DLC. Does the Collections edition come with the DLC they promised in the PSASBR post?

VJKdotCC said:

March 1st, 10:06 am

Please show us the dynamic theme!! And also btw I prefer regular case over steelbook and would like the option

blakseed said:

March 1st, 10:07 am

Even if you don’t get the CE and only get standard, you still get some good content. The Last of US Demo, the PS Allstars dlc, and the dlc you get if you pre-order. It’s a pretty good deal either way.

KwietStorm said:

March 1st, 10:18 am

Gonna try to get an answer just one more time. Does the Kratos statue fit in the gap on top of Pandora’s box from the GOWIII Collector’s edition or is it bigger than that?

KazeEternal said:

March 1st, 10:34 am

The live trailer is so much better than the launch trailer.

StealthReborn-- said:

March 1st, 10:49 am

By the gods it’s finally almost here! =)

Cyberfunkr said:

March 1st, 10:55 am

@21 KweitStorm. doubt they’ll answer you but here is my take.

The statue is being listed as 6″ high. Based on the video, it looks to be about 6″ base rock, and maybe 2″ wide. So see if there is room between the wings to fit a 6″x2″ figure. Also keep in mind that the back foot is very low, so it might be able to squeeze under a wing on one side to give a little more room.

My Pandora’s Box is on a short shelf so there is no room to put anything on top. Guess he’ll slide in next to it. Might even look to scale :)

snakeeyes211 said:

March 1st, 11:50 am

Can’t wait to unboxed my copy of the limited edition as it’s already paid off and I am extremely excited to get my hands on it! :-)

snakeeyes211 said:

March 1st, 11:55 am

Zeus your son awaits

JDSSLP said:

March 1st, 12:36 pm

I only wish Kratos himself had done the unboxing using his unchained blades!

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

March 1st, 12:40 pm

Despite all the other BS, this Ascension CE is very well put together with some great content at a decent price. Love the steelbook & the statue. Really does put most other CE’s to shame i think.

Thanks for the video guys :)

FreshRevenge said:

March 1st, 12:47 pm

Kinda makes me wonder why they had to spoil what the disc looks like before it came out? I normally like opening the case and see what the game looks like.

I think they need to stop showing all these things. They could of waited after it came out.

When I got my ME Effect 3 Edition, it came in a steel case. I already have this on preorder back in 2011, I think. The only things that irritate me is all the individual retail exclusive BS. They need to stop doing that. I am not going to preorder the same game from 5 different retailers just to get all the stuff that I want!

I do enjoy the behind scene on the making of the “Ashes” trailer. The last one didn’t go in depth that much.

11 days and a wake up!

anti-altair16 said:

March 1st, 12:48 pm

I saw this video last night on Amazon. Anyways, I’m disappointed in this… Because I want mine already! I can’t wait! :D

tusunami said:

March 1st, 12:52 pm

Collectors ed. reserved already can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somebignasty said:

March 1st, 1:08 pm

Already got my collectors ed. paid off and awaiting March 12th!

Phillyblunz said:

March 1st, 1:12 pm

I love GoW, it was my favorite game on PS2, I have really enjoyed GoW 3 recently as well.

I had intended to buy this game on release day, but the lack of response to the Starhawk situation has me worried.

Has Santa Monica dropped all support for this game in less then 6 months?

How can you expect us to buy GoW Ascension knowing you guys drop support for games less then 6 months after release?

I know you guys are probably just focused on GoW right now, and when it releases you will come back to Starhawk and show us some love.

Phillyblunz said:

March 1st, 1:13 pm

Exclusive games like these are why people buy PS3’s over console Z, Y, or X. The first party games are unparralled in gaming and I would like to thank you for so many great experiences in the past, and hopefully the present and future if you still do that.

For now I am going to wait a bit to buy this game and the GoW collection to make sure you guys are the solid, dependable game company you have always been.

Any chance I can get a response or even a link to any form of news on the games you guys control and their status?

I also heard that Twisted Metal has had all support for it dropped as well before it turned one, this can not be true can it?

With LBI gone we need you to let us know the fate of our beloved Starhawk, the best game no one knows about, Please respond.

JnF_Gho5t said:

March 1st, 1:14 pm

Thanks for posting, March 12 will be a great day :)

Heavenly_king said:

March 1st, 1:40 pm

The Last of Us will have a demo for Beyond: Two Souls?? :)

SmokeAdellic said:

March 1st, 1:47 pm

I am boycotting this game but not because of their shady business tactics or broken promises but for your lack of response to customer complaints….which lack actually equals none.

Phillyblunz said:

March 1st, 1:54 pm

Hello, Hello…… Is this thing on?

Can you hear me now?

Dont tell me this blog will get locked before a single response is posted?

We the customers and fans need a louder voice, a more recognized platform for having our thoughts and concerns acknowledged.

CrashSpyro said:

March 1st, 2:39 pm

I was expecting this to be an Aram Jabbari unboxing, so I’m disappointed.

Gadirok said:

March 1st, 2:39 pm

@Phillyblunz I have no idea why you expected support for starhawk when it moved on with Santa Monica studios.

Did Twisted Metal get that kind of dlc support? No.

Only reason why All-stars probably is getting dlc is because it was almost finished ahead of time by Superbot and it was cross promotional with GoW:Ancesion and Dead Space 3.

Every time a game goes under Santa Monica I never expect anything but for them to continue maintaining the servers until the games eventually fall off community support and die. Most likely 3-4 years from now.

I still remember Lightbox walking away. I knew the game wouldn’t be getting any updates since the announcement of layoffs hit them. Same for Twisted Metal.

I’d rather have Santa Monica make new games at this point anyways. Preferably something new for PS4.

angelspawn77 said:

March 1st, 2:41 pm

Had mine pre-ordered for months, can’t wait! The statue is really well made although I would have liked something better on the steel case cover other than just a simple omega sign. Why not have the same cover picture as the regular game? Or Kratos’ face or the blades of Chaos or something like that? Still the most awesome steel case would have to be the one that came with Marvel vs Capcom 3 Collector’s Edition. It is double sided with all the characters on it. Wish more were awesome like that. Uncharted 3 had a pretty great one as well.

Gadirok said:

March 1st, 2:44 pm

I should go back to playing Starhawk.

I got over the fact that they dropped all the dlc for free on PS+. I guess I was being selfish at launch and wanted to keep that exclusive limited edition dlc to myself for a little while longer. Didn’t expect it to go for free a few months after launch, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered to pay $59.99 for the game.

I kinda want to pay for the Beyond: Two souls game and steelbook right now but not too sure if I want to jump in with the Ascension deal. Amazing value, but theres also the last of us coming out (definitely not getting any limited or collectors edition of that game, way too expensive for me, I’ll settle for the standard edition after launch).

Only reason why I want Ascension is for the bonus All-stars dlc, last of us demo, and the kratos mini figure…

ElektroDragon said:

March 1st, 3:12 pm

EPIC! I’ve had this edition pre-ordered since LAST JULY!

Come on guys, no one is going to drop support for a bread and butter franchise GoW game!

That’s like dropping support for Halo!

Starhawk was minor IP by comparison, and a disappointing one at that. It just didn’t sell. Not Sony’s fault.

XaQSHuNR420 said:

March 1st, 3:40 pm

Can’t wait for the 13th Fed-Ex delivery… *drools* wish they were gonna ship the ALB on the 11th to be delivered 12th… but w/e it’s pre-ordered… sexy red and all the gow games… 500GB too! u guys @ sony really can see my dreams… just dont peek too much *grins lasciviously*

freshprincepbg said:

March 1st, 3:46 pm

I still can’t decide which version to get, it would be a lot easier if the steelbook wasn’t so generic.

XaQSHuNR420 said:

March 1st, 3:49 pm

haha my steelbooks always get bent, scratched, dinged and rusted… if it was chrome and etched id get it but painted steel = no bueno around kidz, statue is kinda nice but, again, around kids, lol u ever stepped on a shard of that plastic stuff they use for them statues =/

Gadirok said:

March 1st, 3:50 pm

@ElektroDragon

You don’t know what you are talking about.

It was a spiritual successor to one of the biggest new IPs of the generation. Warhawk.

Sure its minor compared to God of War in terms of franchise history and sales records, but you shouldn’t take the entire game and franchise for granted just because of that statement.

It didn’t sell because it wasn’t promoted enough. And it could have possibly used the post launch polishing before launch. Its a great game by August standards, amazing by September dlc, but it was a bit of a mess at launch with the biased battles at one point. Glad cluster got nerfed when it did.

tndtloveu said:

March 1st, 4:51 pm

already pre-ordered CE! waiting for it!!!!!! so excited :D

Nitrosonic0 said:

March 1st, 5:45 pm

Me and my red controller are ready for this!!

KAPADO said:

March 1st, 7:40 pm

Mine is coming from amazon ,gimme my Kratos statue,so he can join my only other collectors edition killzone3 sniper

PAGE 1 2