PS4 - Destiny

More PS Vita Anniversary Deals This Week, Including New Free Games

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on Mar 04, 2013 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

PS Vita Anniversary Sale

Last week, we honored the PlayStation Vita system’s one year anniversary by giving you—our awesome fans—great discounts on some of our top games. There is still one more day to pick up the first batch of sales titles, so don’t miss your chance to grab award-winning games like Escape Plan, Sound Shapes, and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale at a big discount.

Launching PS Vita has been a fun journey for us so far, and we’re excited about the many new things we have in store for you this year, including immersive and unique games like Killzone: Mercenary and Tearaway. In addition, we’ll be bringing you new ways to interact with your friends as seen in our recently announced Friend Network.

To continue the celebration this week, we’re pleased to offer a special gift for PS Vita owners—by giving away four classic games for free exclusively in the PlayStation Vita Store! In addition, you’ll also find a brand new set of downloadable PS Vita games on sale at a great discount. The promotion starts tomorrow and runs through March 11th.

Here are the free games we’re giving away for PS Vita:

• Wild Arms (PS one Classic)
  • Patapon (PSP)
  • Piyotama (PSP)
  • Patchwork Heroes (PSP)

Here are the PS Vita games that are on sale for a 30% discount. If you’re a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll get 50% off:

• Army Corps of Hell
  • Retro City Rampage
  • Sine Mora (with Trial)
  • Spy Hunter
  • Street Fighter X Tekken
  • Sumioni: Demon Arts
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

We also added a few more games to the sale, with the following discounts as noted:

• FIFA Soccer 13 (30% off)
  • Madden NFL 13 (30% off)
  • Oddworld Strangers Wrath (25% off) (New patch details here)

Also, we want to remind you that the March savings promotion is still going on this week, where you can get $10 back for every $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! So be sure to take advantage of the PS Vita anniversary sale and the March savings promotion while you can by heading over to PS Store!

What’s your favorite PS Vita game so far? Again, we want to thank you for being a part of the PS Vita community, and we can’t wait to share more about the exciting things in store for 2013.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ nabilafzali02 on March 4th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Awesome always wanted to try out platoon now I can thanks :)

+ nabilafzali02 on March 4th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

I meant patapon :p

+ Anddo on March 4th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Some great deals.

Sine Mora and Street Fighter X Tekken for me.

Will the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC be discounted?

+ Lasdrub on March 4th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

I dropped $150 on Plus subs last night. Not even worried about getting that amount of value out of it.

+ VdeVenancio on March 4th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

SFxT AND UMvC3 YESSS!!! Been waiting AGES for sales on those!

+ josephdix on March 4th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

These sales are awesome. I’ve been harassing my friends to all get Patapon, and now they have no excuse.
Favorite PS Vita game so far? That’s tough, but I loved Mutant Blobs Attack and Sound Shapes a lot. Thanks for the great support for Vita!

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on March 4th, 2013 at 2:10 pm said:

Drinkbox and Queasy Games did a fantastic job with their games. Thanks for the support!

+ Gorvi on March 4th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

This is awesome, love to see it. I missed the last sale for Knytt Underground, I won’t be making the same mistake again.

+ remanutd5 on March 4th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

My favorite psvita game so far is between Little Big Planet and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, other vita games i love:
Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed, Gravity Rush, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, uncharted golden abyss, Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath HD.

+ remanutd5 on March 4th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

it would be awesome to see a proper Motorstorm game on the little system, a new Resistance developed by Insomniac or Sony Bend, MediEvil? Syphon Filter? Heavenly Sword? God of War? inFAMOUS? Gran Turismo?

+ Lasdrub on March 4th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

@ remautd5 LBP is a good call. I can only imagine how awesome Sly Cooper looks on the Vita.

+ Chakane048 on March 4th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

oooo… want dokuro ps+ free

+ Camjo-Z on March 4th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Patchwork Heroes free? Titori for PlayStation All-Stars CONFIRMED!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 4th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Free PSP games, not bad. Might have to check them out one by one cause of my 16GB is reaching it’s limit. Thanks, guys.

I have SfxTk, UMVC3 & Knytt Underground already. So, since i love Lord of the rings & with the comical theme LEGO gives it, i’l be picking that one up.

Favorite game so far? Can’t say x.x i like playing all types of genres.

+ Gorvi on March 4th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Oh, and my favorite Vita game? Probably Gravity Rush or LIttleBigPlanet, I can’t decide. Gravity Rush has an edge since it’s a great new IP, something we don’t see too often, but LBP is probably the best game in the entire series, which is saying a lot.

+ nolo451 on March 4th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

great! Love to see this type of stuff!

+ TwinDad on March 4th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

You picked some great games for the giveaway. I have most of them, but I welcome those that don’t Patchwork heroes was a title that didn’t get the attention when it released.

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on March 4th, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

Patchwork Heroes is definitely a cult favorite. Wanted to give it the attention it deserves.

+ TwinDad on March 4th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Will there be a week 3?

+ vanwinkle on March 4th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

DAAAANNNG, loving SCEA right now.

+ Superstone on March 4th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

This is what PS+ is all about. Good job!!

+ peruhandcrafts on March 4th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Sorry for the noob question, but what does the phrase “(with trial)” means? Located next to Sine Mora btw.

+ boomstickbhg on March 4th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

Wow, how did you manage to have Vita game sales two week in a row with different games and still manage to leave out the majority of the good ones, despite the fact that there are so few Vita games.

Good job giving us sales on the dregs as usual.

+ FunkyTable on March 4th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

Will there be a Week 3 for this event? I sure hope so.

I want to see Persona 4 Golden on Sale.

+ tetsmandc on March 4th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Hey, this time the sale looks great! Cool!

+ idiealot on March 4th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Thanks for the free games everybody! If the SfxT DLC carries over to the PS3 version ill be buying SfxT!!

+ UnrealButcher on March 4th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

Cool, love Wild Arms, and was thinking about checking out Patapon.

Darn, I just picked up Sine Mora yesterday with the $10 I got from Sony, since it’s supposed to expire on the 5th. I didn’t want to chance it expiring before the Anniversary sales games changed. Can’t complain about free though.

I’ll be downloading all the free games for sure. I’m sure each game will be liked by at least one of my kids if I don’t care for it.

Thanks Sony.

+ DarkOne_PR on March 4th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

@#$$% U ALL! Now i need a freaking 32 gigs memory stick! >_<
My 16 gigs its already full! Sony PLS FTLOG pls lower the price of those MS! 59.99 for my 16 GB was already too much! :(

Apart of that im buying a couple of titles from here :) and btw Thanks for Supporting early adopters of the vita! This is much appreciated :)

+ Gorvi on March 4th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

@boomstickbhg Great job troling there. Not all of those are winners, there’s a few turds for sure, but a few of those are awesome games. Knytt Underground, Dokuro, Sine Mora, even the Dynasty Warriors game is good.

+ NickMulder on March 4th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

My favorite Vita game is still Uncharted: Golden Abyss :) more Uncharted for the Vita please :)

+ dodgedoors on March 4th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

64 gig or higher cards please, I’m dying over here. All these sales and I’m leaving so many off my vita until I can Clear out space.

+ AfroGamerNinja on March 4th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

How can I enjoy it if my Vita’s Ad Hoc is busted?

+ Metalsonic_69 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

What a surprise, Negative Nancy is being negative again.

+ Squirtbot on March 4th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

The sales promotion for PLayStation Plus runs through the 4th of March, yet the store is inaccessible. Please add another day, to cover the scheduled maintenance and the customers who can’t purchase the product. I planned on buying this today before the Tuesday store update. This would be false advertising.

+ SKpachUSA on March 4th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

I do not speak English but I translated this just to say that since I did not have playstation stopped playing.

Thanks playstation

Translated with google translator

+ Erdricks_Boxers on March 4th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

Cool deals, I’m excited to get some of these games. Unbelievably cool of Sony to do these great sales the same month they’ll give us $10 back for spending $50. A lot of companies would do those in seperate months.

My favorite Vita game is Uncharted Golden Abyss followed by Rayman!

Hopefully the store goes up soon, I didn’t low about some of last weeks’ sales, want to get in on those!

+ Hestar69 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Gravity rushers all the way!!!… P.S. Sony I’ve been a loyal fan since my white ps1,yet I didn’t get 10.00 that you gave everyone..Sad panda is sad :(

+ Elvick_ on March 4th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

I already own Wild Arms. Speaking of, add the PS2 games to PSN please~ It’s one of the few I’ll buy just ’cause I want to support the series. Where’s mah Wild Arms 6? EH?! ;_; All the other free stuff is great though. Since if I have them (Patapon) I have it on UMD. Nice to have a digital alternative for free~

+ Kchow23 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

I am hopeful that Persona 4 will be on sale, but I am very glad to get Patapon for free! :)

+ Combo_VS_Capcom on March 4th, 2013 at 11:03 am said:

Can you get the free Vita stuff from a PS3 or PC? My Vita’s being repaired at the moment D:

+ Rainwater on March 4th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

Favorite Vita game? Easy, Persona 4 The Golden, best game of 2012.

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on March 4th, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

I spent 100+ hours on that game. Definitely loved it.

+ ROADKILL_101 on March 4th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

What an incredible sale line up, guys! Thank you, and GREAT job!!

+ Inuboykendo1000 on March 4th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

So wait… you’re telling me you’re giving away a free PSOne game but only on the Vita PlayStation Store, meaning I can’t purchase it from my PS3 and play it. Wow, way to rip me off Sony. I didn’t even know PSN was smart enough to tell the difference between the Vita, PS3, and Web PS Stores. I’m sort of upset now. I wanna play Wild Arms too.

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 4th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

Whaaaa?! Week 2? I didn’t see that coming, you have my thanks! And with that spend $50 get $10 back…wow

Now what to buy? Decisions….decisions….

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 4th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

@ Inuboykendo1000 I don’t think there’s a distinction between the two. Try downloading it from the web PS store, and then go to your PS3 download list and see if it shows up there

+ ROADKILL_101 on March 4th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

AND Vita ROCKS!!! I love this thing STILL, even after over a year of owning the portable gaming device. Very excited for the future of, Vita!!

+ Inuboykendo1000 on March 4th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

@Combo_VS_Capcom They said exclusively through Vita store. I hope we can do it from a PS3 or PC, I wanna play Wild Arms for the first time and don’t own or have any intention on owning a Vita. To me a Vita doesn’t suit my needs, but the PS3 is perfect. :( Give me Wild Arms too.

+ Inuboykendo1000 on March 4th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

@BlueBl1zzard That’s what I thought, I hope I’m wrong. I’ll download from the web store, if it’s possible, if not I’d say what…? Free game equals free. Doesn’t matter on what device you get it from, at least that’s the mentality most companies have about free stuff. Aside from EA of course, free to them means cash.

+ Beebo264 on March 4th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

PATA-PATA-PATA-PON

+ JackmoveJohnny on March 4th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

I just bought Dokuro for $19.99 and now it’s $6.99

+ akibake on March 4th, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

Between all the games I purchased during the last year and the games I’ve gotten through Plus, I have run out of space on my 32gb card. The price for these cards is ridiculous, but I would buy a 64gb card in a heartbeat if it was released. I love having a full digital library onboard the Vita, but I’ve reached the limit. I might be able to squeeze some of these free PSP games on, but there’s no way I can fit COD, Most Wanted, and Odd World on there, not to mention Killzone. Sure, I can get another card, but that defeats the point. If I want to swap cards, I can just buy the physical copies. No, the thrill of having everything at the ready is part of the motivation in buying games. It’s kind of equivalent to lining up all your games on a shelf.

+ UnlaeDTheLegenD on March 4th, 2013 at 11:22 am said: