PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Plus March Update: Spec Ops: The Line Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Mar 04, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

With Spring on the horizon, we figured it might be time to test a new format of delivering your PS Plus updates. This month, we’re providing an outlook of the major stuff hitting the Instant Game Collection in March with this update, but you’ll still want to check the weekly posts to see the discounts and any other freebies available to you as a PS Plus member.

To kick things off, the following games, displayed in no particular order, will be added to the Instant Game Collection throughout March!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

March Preview

Spec Ops: The Line

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Set in a fictional Dubai which has been wiped off the map by a cataclysmic sandstorm, you’re tasked with leading your squad to find out what happened to the American squad that was sent in to rescue the city, and find out what lies buried beneath the sand, along with the world’s most opulent ruin. It’s a fascinating take on the shooter genre with white-knuckle gameplay and a powerful message only unraveled once you make it to the thrilling end moments of the game. Don’t miss it.
Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3)

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

Take Joe Danger on a death-defying thrill ride across the set of the greatest blockbuster movie ever made. Chase crooks on your police bike, destroy laser firing robots with a stolen jetpack, escape giant boulders in a minecart, time-travel to punch dinosaurs and divert the nuclear missiles on your unicycle. Yes it’s as awesome as it sounds.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

One of the kings of strategy RPGs makes its debut in the Instant Game Collection! Take a field trip any time you want with Mao, Raspberyl, Almaz, and the rest of the Evil Academy gang with Disgaea 3 on PS Vita! Offering incredible depth and hours upon hours of strategy RPG goodness, Disgaea fans or RPG fans in general should have this one on their PS Vita, which features 5 new chapters on top of the original’s content.
The Cave (PS3)

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions. Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.

Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Armed with the largest character roster ever in TEKKEN history, a robust single player game experience, countless mutiplayer and online options, and an addictive character customization system, the greatest fighting game franchise soars is here for PS Vita and PSP owners to add to their Instant Game Collection!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to see Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3), Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita), Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita), and The Cave (PS3) which will be arriving throughout the month of March!

Leaving PS Plus In March

• March 5th – Guardians of Middle Earth
  • March 12th – Quantum Conundrum
  • March 19th – Dungeon Defenders
  • March 19th – Foosball 2012 PS Vita
  • March 26th – Plants Vs Zombies

Entering PS Plus in March (in no particular order)

• Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
  • Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3)
  • Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita)
  • The Cave (PS3)

March 5th Plus Update

PlayStation Plus Update

For the week at hand, please welcome the critically acclaimed Spec Ops: The Line to the Instant Game Collection; meaning it’s free for PS Plus members to download starting with the March 5th PS Store update. We’ve also got week 2 of the PS Vita Anniversary Sale with a bevy of discounts on fantastic PS Vita games, with even deeper discounts if you’re a PS Plus member.

Spec Ops: The Line

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

PS Vita Anniversary Sale Week 2

Various Discounts

It’s week 2 of the PS Vita Anniversary Sale and the deals keep coming. To celebrate the PS Vita’s anniversary even more, pair up these discounts with the Get $10 For Every $50 Spent promo that’s on now. Remember, you’ll get $10 back for every $50 you spend throughout March. The earned credit will be sent to you on or around April 12th via email and XMB message on your PS3.

Discounts

Spy Hunter $34.99 $24.99 $17.49
Street Fighter X Tekken PS Vita $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
Sumioni: Demon Arts $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 PS Vita $39.99 $27.99 $19.59

BIT.TRIP Presents Runner2 Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien

20% Discount for PS Plus Members – PSN Price: $14.99, PS Plus Price: $11.99

The BIT.TRIP series arrives to the PlayStation family this week, and what better way to welcome it than to pick up this new addition to the critically acclaimed series with a 20% release week discount. Runner2 merges rhythm-action platforming with incredible music and unique environments to run, jump, slide, and kick towards your goal. Check out the video above and also read the PS Blog article featuring Mike Roush, co-founder of Gaijin Games to hear about their additional plans to bring the series to PS Vita.

Remember, check back every Monday to learn when Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3), Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita), Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita), and The Cave (PS3) are arriving to PS Plus members. You’ll also find more discounts and other exclusives that we weren’t able to detail here just yet. Remember the month preview is subject to change.

Leave us some comments on the new format, and of course, chime in with your thoughts on Spec Ops: The Line, the PS Vita Anniversary Sale, and any other PS Plus feedback you’ve got. If you’re looking to engage with more of the PS Plus community, we’ve also got the PS Plus section in the PlayStation Community Forums where you can continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus - March 2013

PAGE 1 15 16 17

+ amkaxiii on March 6th, 2013 at 6:59 pm said:

people complaining EU+ getting better titles should consider how much u pay for the Plus services, for example 1-year sub (used xe.com currency converter):
NA > 50 usd
EU > 50 euro (~65 usd)
UK > 40 gbp (~60 usd)

so it would be obvious for both sony and publishers (not developers i guess) to lure players to pay more with better content. i dunno how much sony earns from each transactions, maybe a dime just for the sake of keeping Plus alive. there must be some percentage formula. and with online payment or paypal, it is easy for anyone to go and buy different subscriptions no matter where u live. so think again…

ps: sorry for the rant & poor english

+ EmoryM on March 6th, 2013 at 7:57 pm said:

Morgan… could you try for a PS+ discount on Carnage Heart EXA? XD

+ melodicmizery on March 6th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

i gotta say this is FINALLY a good update, i been complaining here every month since about november and we finally got a decent game and actually almost matched uk for once (they still got mass effect 3 and another full game). but this is definately a step in the right direction. this will tie me over until army of two and bioshock. btw does anyone notice the similarites between this game and ao2?

+ melodicmizery on March 6th, 2013 at 9:48 pm said:

and amkaii in response to what you said, people are complaining that uk are getting better games then us, there not complaining about the cost, there complaining about the quality for there cost. there saying both countries are paying the same amount but not getting the equal amount of content.

think of it this way, if you go buy a sandwhich with your friend and both pay alot like 12$ for a big sandwhich and your friends is stacked like a mountain with so much ingredients there busting out the side of the sandwhich and you pick yours up and its smashed and flat with 4 times less ingredients every single week wouldnt you complain? wouldnt you say yah im thankfull that i have food unlike a homeless person but i still paid for this with hard earned money i am equal to my friend i should get the same treatment that he is getting if were paying for the same thing at the same time under the same conditions at the same place?

+ ECisMe on March 7th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Best Plus update I have seen since joining! Thanks for restoring my faith. Also, I must give a big thumbs up to the return of monthly previews! No more preemptive, misinformed purchases for me :-D

+ kaka_campolongo on March 7th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

woowwww great UPDATE, finally… PSvita and ps3 free games… thanx PLUS

+ Welmosca on March 7th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

Bring back the weekly update…we don’t need monthly updates…kinda disappointing for those who are eager to get some of the offered free games and when the store updates they aren’t there.

+ death_by_wabbit on March 7th, 2013 at 6:09 pm said:

@JoeGoodsnake2

Watch out, it looks like PrimeroInsect is smitten with you

+ ALaWWy-H on March 7th, 2013 at 11:03 pm said:

Hi

is the same gonna happen in Canadian store please answer?

+ restingfish on March 8th, 2013 at 12:49 am said:

Morgan,why is “the cave” still $14.99 in the my psn?It is not free as described.

+ Skyyplum on March 8th, 2013 at 3:02 am said:

restingfish, The Cave will be free sometime this month but not this week. This week Spec Ops The Line is free, in the coming weeks The Cave, and Joe Danger 2 will be free, we just don’t know when yet. I’m personally just praying for some PS3 deals to go along with all the Vita deals.

+ Generous6680 on March 8th, 2013 at 7:51 am said:

Play Station pls Put Free Games for Ps Plus if Possible

GodS Eater Burst
Final Fantasy 7 and 8
Warior Orochi 1 and 2
Dino Crisis 1 and 2
Medivel
Resident Evil 1 and 2 and 3

Members why Ps Store US havent game of Ps Store Jp

Members all people know Ps Store Japan have many game for Ps Vita and so nice Games

+ pj0484 on March 8th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

though i am picky at the games i download from ps+.
i will not complain that games are bad or not worth getting.

here is an idea that might work if it is possible ;) for those who have bought the games or just don’t want the games that are released free to ps+ members.

have an oped out button on the game buying page that when you op out you get a code that gives you 1 free add-on of your choice :)

+ The_Dukenator on March 9th, 2013 at 4:26 am said:

@812 You’ve posted that list in 5 blogs posts so far. Give it a rest.

@813 Don’t think that’ll work. As for the games, just take what you can. I end up downloading them all.

+ mefjak on March 9th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

is there any chance that titles free in US will be somehow available in EU? i would gladly change mass effect 3, JD2:The Movie and DoA5 for the cave (3 for 1 – is it not a great deal? ;) )

+ Marek_06 on March 9th, 2013 at 2:12 pm said:

Disgaea 3 ,Spec Ops and The Cave! Awesome update! Please keep it like that!

+ The_Dukenator on March 10th, 2013 at 4:22 am said:

@815 Licensing.

+ Duffstuff on March 10th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

I renewed my + sub last month (1 month before my current sub expired) I wake up today to find my account has expired. in the transaction history you can see my ps+ purchase, but under my subscription tab there are no current ps+ subscriptions. . . What should I do?

+ DeathKiller49 on March 10th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

@ Morgan

Is there a chance Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition will ever be added back into the IGC? I missed getting it for free and it was one of the main reasons I bought Plus, I’ll catch you on the next PS+ update if you don’t see this. :)

+ DeathKiller49 on March 10th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

@Duffstuff

If I were you I’d contact Sony about this @ 800-345-7669 or email them. (https://support.us.playstation.com/app/ask) That’s a link so you can email them. Hope your problem is resolved soon so you can get back into the game!

+ The_Dukenator on March 10th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

@819 I did it get it back in November, I think.

+ DeathKiller49 on March 10th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

@821

You’re very lucky, I got my Plus membership in December so I missed it while it was free. I’m just curious if there’s a chance it’ll be added back.

+ The_Dukenator on March 10th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

@821 I didn’t get plus again till last week, but had a 3 month since Oct 2012. I don’t know if RE5 Gold will be added back to IGC, but it is out on disc and might be cheap somewhere.

+ The_Dukenator on March 10th, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

Even BioShock 2 was added to IGC, then later removed. I didn’t need to download since I bought it on disc months earlier.

+ DeathKiller49 on March 10th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

I see, but I just think it sucks that I missed out on the opportunity. They’re only so many games I can afford, I recently bought Tomb Raider, Pre Ordered Bioshock Infinite, and bought other games. Even if RE5: GE is cheap, I have other games I need to buy too, as well as school supplies etc. And since I saw RE5 free, I bought PS + (I also wanted Scott Pilgrim, which I got) but I missed RE5 for free.

+ The_Dukenator on March 10th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

I’ve been hearing stories about RE5 about its content. Even so, I played a couple levels and never returned to it on 360. I have yet to play it on PS3, but don’t think I will.

What I did was download all the IGC games, despite not wanting to play them or having a Vita, but someday in the future I’ll play them.

+ DeathKiller49 on March 10th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

Well you’re a lucky one. :/

+ The_Dukenator on March 10th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

I missed out on getting Tomb Raider Underworld free, but that didn’t stop me from buying the Tomb Raider Trilogy. I should get a stand alone copy as well.

+ DeathKiller49 on March 10th, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

I’m sorry. :/

+ The_Dukenator on March 10th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

I bought the Trilogy as I also wanted to play Anniversary & Legend. Anniversary PS3 doesn’t have the annoying ‘Play thru an entire series of levels without dying’ trophies that the 360 version has. They were very hard and a pain to do.

+ DeathKiller49 on March 10th, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

I see, at least you enjoyed yourself. :P

+ The_Dukenator on March 10th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

What’s funny is I joined PSN in Jan 2009, but didn’t get a PS3 til Dec 2011.

Unlike everyone else, I have plenty of time to play games.

+ DeathKiller49 on March 10th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

I joined in 2008, COME AT ME! :p

+ The_Dukenator on March 10th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

PSN was an old playstation.com account from 2004 that was merged in 2009.

+ DeathKiller49 on March 10th, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

:O

+ scorpionkid234 on March 11th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

So are Playstation Plus free games region locked.

If I get Mass effect 3 from a EU account, will it still be there once the account expires, I mean if I still had my original US account.

+ Volcomkewl on March 11th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

So no update on which one of the three games we’re getting this week? Interesting.

+ RaiJal29 on March 12th, 2013 at 12:28 am said:

tekken 6 still available to download for free?

+ xSato-kun on March 13th, 2013 at 4:22 pm said:

And the disgaea? I am waiting this game ><

+ Mageborn23 on March 13th, 2013 at 5:06 pm said:

Did i miss the cave??? Or is it later in the month?

+ BASSASSB-RAD on March 15th, 2013 at 6:11 pm said:

what a HUGE waste of money!!! Thankfully convinced 4 buddies to not sign up..and they will be doing the same. Cant believe my girlfriend got fooled by the sales clerk that spending the extra $100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for a crap service is unreal. I will continue to call Sony everyday until we get that money back. One half ass game in a month? Should be embarrassed.

+ The_Dukenator on March 16th, 2013 at 4:16 am said:

@840 Not yet. Plus games stay for awhile, then leave.

@841 Hush. Xbox Live Gold isn’t any better.

+ bramthebird on March 17th, 2013 at 7:19 am said:

Now I know that this is an older blogpost, but I’ve been unable to download all of the goodies of Instant Game Collection this month.

I’ve been waiting for Spec Ops: The Line to pop up in the PS Plus section of the store for weeks now, and it’s still not there..

Is this game exclusive to US PSN (I’m from the Netherlands), or hasn’t it been released yet on Instant game Collection?

Thanks in advance for answering :)

+ brainfried999 on March 26th, 2013 at 3:28 am said:

Personally I didn’t like any of March’s free game selection for plus members but to those who did good for you.
Can’t stand puzzle games or kiddie games.

+ gingee_ on March 29th, 2013 at 5:03 pm said:

any 1 no when the next update is please :)

+ Devalis5326 on April 1st, 2013 at 12:02 am said:

@Morgan Haro’s about his response to TUSTIN1.

No….no…..he’s not imagining things, I have been joking with my buddies that PSPlus needs to be renamed to PS Vita Plus. Seems we are getting stuff for the Vita at the EXPENSE of games we would have gotten had the handheld not been released.

PAGE 1 15 16 17