Bloodborne

PlayStation Plus March Update: Spec Ops: The Line Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Mar 04, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

With Spring on the horizon, we figured it might be time to test a new format of delivering your PS Plus updates. This month, we’re providing an outlook of the major stuff hitting the Instant Game Collection in March with this update, but you’ll still want to check the weekly posts to see the discounts and any other freebies available to you as a PS Plus member.

To kick things off, the following games, displayed in no particular order, will be added to the Instant Game Collection throughout March!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

March Preview

Spec Ops: The Line

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Set in a fictional Dubai which has been wiped off the map by a cataclysmic sandstorm, you’re tasked with leading your squad to find out what happened to the American squad that was sent in to rescue the city, and find out what lies buried beneath the sand, along with the world’s most opulent ruin. It’s a fascinating take on the shooter genre with white-knuckle gameplay and a powerful message only unraveled once you make it to the thrilling end moments of the game. Don’t miss it.
Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3)

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

Take Joe Danger on a death-defying thrill ride across the set of the greatest blockbuster movie ever made. Chase crooks on your police bike, destroy laser firing robots with a stolen jetpack, escape giant boulders in a minecart, time-travel to punch dinosaurs and divert the nuclear missiles on your unicycle. Yes it’s as awesome as it sounds.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

One of the kings of strategy RPGs makes its debut in the Instant Game Collection! Take a field trip any time you want with Mao, Raspberyl, Almaz, and the rest of the Evil Academy gang with Disgaea 3 on PS Vita! Offering incredible depth and hours upon hours of strategy RPG goodness, Disgaea fans or RPG fans in general should have this one on their PS Vita, which features 5 new chapters on top of the original’s content.
The Cave (PS3)

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions. Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.

Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Armed with the largest character roster ever in TEKKEN history, a robust single player game experience, countless mutiplayer and online options, and an addictive character customization system, the greatest fighting game franchise soars is here for PS Vita and PSP owners to add to their Instant Game Collection!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to see Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3), Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita), Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita), and The Cave (PS3) which will be arriving throughout the month of March!

Leaving PS Plus In March

• March 5th – Guardians of Middle Earth
  • March 12th – Quantum Conundrum
  • March 19th – Dungeon Defenders
  • March 19th – Foosball 2012 PS Vita
  • March 26th – Plants Vs Zombies

Entering PS Plus in March (in no particular order)

• Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
  • Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3)
  • Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita)
  • The Cave (PS3)

March 5th Plus Update

PlayStation Plus Update

For the week at hand, please welcome the critically acclaimed Spec Ops: The Line to the Instant Game Collection; meaning it’s free for PS Plus members to download starting with the March 5th PS Store update. We’ve also got week 2 of the PS Vita Anniversary Sale with a bevy of discounts on fantastic PS Vita games, with even deeper discounts if you’re a PS Plus member.

Spec Ops: The Line

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

PS Vita Anniversary Sale Week 2

Various Discounts

It’s week 2 of the PS Vita Anniversary Sale and the deals keep coming. To celebrate the PS Vita’s anniversary even more, pair up these discounts with the Get $10 For Every $50 Spent promo that’s on now. Remember, you’ll get $10 back for every $50 you spend throughout March. The earned credit will be sent to you on or around April 12th via email and XMB message on your PS3.

Discounts

Spy Hunter $34.99 $24.99 $17.49
Street Fighter X Tekken PS Vita $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
Sumioni: Demon Arts $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 PS Vita $39.99 $27.99 $19.59

BIT.TRIP Presents Runner2 Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien

20% Discount for PS Plus Members – PSN Price: $14.99, PS Plus Price: $11.99

The BIT.TRIP series arrives to the PlayStation family this week, and what better way to welcome it than to pick up this new addition to the critically acclaimed series with a 20% release week discount. Runner2 merges rhythm-action platforming with incredible music and unique environments to run, jump, slide, and kick towards your goal. Check out the video above and also read the PS Blog article featuring Mike Roush, co-founder of Gaijin Games to hear about their additional plans to bring the series to PS Vita.

Remember, check back every Monday to learn when Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3), Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita), Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita), and The Cave (PS3) are arriving to PS Plus members. You’ll also find more discounts and other exclusives that we weren’t able to detail here just yet. Remember the month preview is subject to change.

Leave us some comments on the new format, and of course, chime in with your thoughts on Spec Ops: The Line, the PS Vita Anniversary Sale, and any other PS Plus feedback you’ve got. If you’re looking to engage with more of the PS Plus community, we’ve also got the PS Plus section in the PlayStation Community Forums where you can continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus - March 2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 17

+ Heavenly_king on March 4th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

I am a Plus member until march 2015 MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

+ kipper_m on March 4th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

hi,
is there any cross buy in the vita sale part 2?

love this update!!!!!!!!

+ dodgedoors on March 4th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Wow just wow.

+ nolo451 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Morgan, don’t listen to the people saying to have Vita content separate. The way it is along with the PS3 stuff is perfectly fine.

GREAT update! Never have doubted the value of my PS+ subscription.

+ Zevrou on March 4th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

The cave and Spec Ops, thanks ♥

+ Shinra_Soldier7 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

Really good month for Plus! Now I would like to see more RPGs and such. No complaints from me but we have been getting quite a bit of fighter and shooter games in the past few months.

+ goldenratio13 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

I almost bought The Cave last week. Great update.

+ RE_Player on March 4th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

Insane update. You don’t know how happy I am for Disgaea and Tekken 6.

+ Squirtbot on March 4th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Thanks for your reply, Morgan… you saved the day :)
I’ll definitely be scooping up another year of PLUS before the store updates.

As for Spec Ops The Line, that Trailer really sells it and has me excited. Great Plus choice, and an even greater move with the Month Outlook for PLUS members. It was needed!

+ el__kop on March 4th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

nice update & would be nice to get some more plus discounts on other ps3 games ..
thx for you & plus team to get new format done …sure it was no easy job…

+ MichelleCS on March 4th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Awesome update, I don’t think I am ever going to buy a vita game again, seems like the best games always are free anyways.

Spec Ops looks great, awesome update. Thanks Sony and thanks Morgan for the update!

+ LeFabuleuxDeux on March 4th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Switched to the Euro style of updates? Monthly previews are really nice although I definitely enjoy the hype leaden up to a weekly update.

+ stalemate666 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

Sigh another shooter really, haven’t we got enough of those yet… we’ve gotten alot of fighters too but this is the first vita one so that’s not a big deal but the amount of shooters we have got is ridicules…

+ PainOfSarrow on March 4th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

i hope Retro City Rampage is on sale for NONNNN Plus members aswell but on the PS3. looks like nothing but vita sales….

+ jasonstreet on March 4th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

Seeing as it has to do with Playstation Plus I will ask my question here. I went to Walmart this week and purchased a 17.99 3 month Playstation Plus card because I did not have enough money at the moment to buy a 50 dollar card. The 17.99 card is strictly for Playstation Plus and can not be used on anything else. Will my using that card count towards the amount I need to do the 10 dollars back at the end of the month if I spend more money later when I get paid? Or will it not work because its not a psn card but a Playstation Plus card?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 4th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

Yeah, I’m afraid a PS Plus card purchased at retail won’t count towards the $50 to spend on the PS Store promotion. It’s all about whether $$ are leaving your SEN Wallet. So, if you bought PSN $$ cards at retail, then added them to your SEN wallet, and THEN bought the 1 Year of Plus, it would count towards it.

+ MarcioHuser2 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

The Cave? Already!? Nice!!! I was thinking on purchasing it at some Steam Deal or something like that. But for FREE on PSN is awesome :D

+ KazeEternal on March 4th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

YAY Tekken 6 for PSP. That helps. I have this for PSP, but since I only carry my Vita around anymore I don’t get to play it very much anymore and couldn’t justify the cost of the download. TY

+ Cyber_wolf22 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Disgaea 3 & The Cave Free for the PS+, WOW ! Thank you for this great update!

+ Jotamide on March 4th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Finally something that matches the level of quality from the Euro PS+.

+ Yuranium on March 4th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Whoa…. That’s a lot of free games. No doubt Sony is the best.

+ Yanorath on March 4th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

great update, i’m not a big fan of shooters but always wanted to try spec ops, i like every game given but im not the only one that notices the lack of RPG games to ps3, any hope of seeing one through the year morgan?

anyway, again great update keep up the good work

+ Spaceruben on March 4th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Looks like I’ll no longer need my physical copy of Disgaea 3. Trade-In going towards Bishock. Also Spec-Ops, The Cave and Runner 2? YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

+ NvhA- on March 4th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Love you guys. Thanks!

+ Necthulu on March 4th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

OMG and is coming to Latinoamerica too?

+ Rusti002 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

Awesome update, im gonna renew my subscription for another year in a couple of minutes…Just a question Tomb Raider will be available in psn for downloadable in day 1?

+ PainOfSarrow on March 4th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

WOW look at the Post Stats… Impressive.

+ Alex-Powrs on March 4th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

and this is why we love you
awesome update guys

+ yourtax1724 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

gotta hand it to you guys. A decent upadate for those that have yet to play any of these games. But that’s my problem with ps plus and the reason why I wont be renewing my membership in a few weeks. Great free games but I’ve played them all or at least most. Anyways to those who haven’t, enjoy.

+ terminode on March 4th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Spec Ops: The Line is the first game since the Plus relaunch that I’ve actually had on my wishlist. Though I’m disappointed that Tekken 6 is a PSP/Vita title (since I only have a PS3 and I figured I might finally get a fighting game I want from Plus), I’m glad to see we’re getting a monthly update again. Overall, a significant improvement

+ GameQuirks on March 4th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Bravo! Nice update and a one-month preview for PS Plus is much better.

+ yasser90x on March 4th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Finally!!!

+ TitleOne on March 4th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Should be good to hear any type of complaints after this update lol.

Morgan+PS blog team. Thank you for the great update.

+ Michzadood on March 4th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

UFFF!!! Great Update Morgan!!! cant wait to play Disgaea 3 on my Vita : )

+ tonio_dguez on March 4th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

WOW, AWESOME UPDATE!
Glad I just renewed my Plus subscription yesterday :)
3 months free + 10 bucks back at the end of the month, nice!

+ GT-420 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

The comments this week are all so upbeat, favorable and positive. Am I in the right place?

Must be the fresh, quality IGC games for a change. Keep it up Sony! I like the the atmosphere of the Plus blog posts so much bettter this way…

+ lisgeyo on March 4th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

Hey Morgan I know you’re probably not gonna reply but thanks for finally putting how the whole month is gonna look, it took a while but way worth it.

Also thanks for this awesome update I see you guys are working with all our suggestions,keep it up.

I wouldnt mind if I can get an rpg in the future :-P

Thanks again,love you guys.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 4th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Appreciate the feedback, and glad that the month outlook here is going over well. I’ll definitely be curious to see how the community reactions are as we move through the month as well.

+ Fardeenah on March 4th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

this is an awesome update… looking forward for more like this in april and may…

@morgan… to my understanding we are getting spec ops tommorow… will it be possible to get a vita game next week so that i can play? i have plus only for vita and would love to have something,,,

instead of
week 1 ps3
week 2 ps3
week 3 vita
week 4 vita

could u mix things up for vita users so we get something like

week 1 ps3
week 2 vita
week 3 ps3
week 4 vita

thanks :D

+ IcedDice777 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

Wow. This update put a smile on my face today.

Hey Morgan! Will the PS+ decision makers at Sony ever consider offering “Raw” PS3 games straight from japan to us PS+ subscribers? There’s great selection/pool of unique and quirky games that could be introduced to us via ps+.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 4th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

mmm…probably not…..Maybe in the future, but not anytime soon.

+ KrisButtar on March 4th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

dont mind the monthly updates as long as we get weekly surprises along the way :)

does spec ops have couch co op? thats whats important to me in shooters.

i have a backlog of 64 games, wonder if i can get through them before the ps4 lands in stores as “backwards compatibility” is gaikai related and not hardware. im concerned that i wont be able to stream BC cause my speed is 1mb/s, just finished downloading vanquish and i started it the day you offered it for plus.

+ PVDMIKE on March 4th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

Morgan,
This is the best update we’ve seen in a while. I’ve never complained on here, even though i’ve agreed with most of what was being said about the disparity between EU & NA., because i’ve always felt it was still worth the money. But this is a great step in the right direction! Thanks for the great games! (Next time try not to do it during the biggest gaming month of the year so far)

+ wwolf76 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

Jumping in for the first time specifically to say thanks for the quality of this month’s update. Updates like this make it easy to sell my friends on PS+.

+ MichelleCS on March 4th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

I dob’t think my post posted. Just wanted to say thanks, awesome updates coming our way this month! Already I got full values worth of my $50 +3 months free membership.

+ dukati916sps on March 4th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

As much negativity as is always on here over the usual garbage we get here as USA Plus members I felt it’s only right to get on and add some positive reenforcement. Thank you Morgan and the rest of the Plus team for pushing for quality titles for us. Please keep this format as well, love knowing what to look forward to all month like EU. Everyone show your support and lets make sure this becomes the rule, not the exception.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 4th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Yeah it’s important to note, as mentioned in the first paragraph of this update; that this month outlook is in fact a test. We’ll be reviewing multiple factors throughout this month (including feedback from you guys on the format); and if it all shakes out, we can look at keeping with this format.

+ Zionine on March 4th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Agree with the rest.. just got a vita.. and this is really good news.

+ CrimsonPaw on March 4th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Damn, guess I’ll be upgrading my PS+ membership. Now if Sony could only drop the prices on the Vita memory cards …

+ Anddo on March 4th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

This is how you do an update. I can’t wait to download these titles.

+ Assais on March 4th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Well I just bought my 12 month PS PLUS today since it’s the last day to get the 3 extra months and $10 back but I can’t redeem because YOU GUYS ARE UNDER MAINTENANCE!! WHAT DO I DO NOW??
PLEASE RESPOND!

+ bigjosh50 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Best Update I’ve seen since the lanuch of the Instant Game Collection!!! I really recommend Spec Ops to those who haven’t played it yet!! Definitely going to try out The Cave and Joe Danger 2 :)

+ RateX_BR on March 4th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Best update since Instant Game Collection start.
Congratulations!!

+ valoiz3386 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

I dont like any of this games :( i was hoping something like the EU plus (at least mass efect or dead or alive) or an rpg…i hate shoters , joe dager its just meww and the cave its another puzzgle game (i havent finished yet Closure or Quatum…) ….

PAGE 1 2 3 4 17