PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Plus March Update: Spec Ops: The Line Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Mar 04, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

With Spring on the horizon, we figured it might be time to test a new format of delivering your PS Plus updates. This month, we’re providing an outlook of the major stuff hitting the Instant Game Collection in March with this update, but you’ll still want to check the weekly posts to see the discounts and any other freebies available to you as a PS Plus member.

To kick things off, the following games, displayed in no particular order, will be added to the Instant Game Collection throughout March!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

March Preview

Spec Ops: The Line

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Set in a fictional Dubai which has been wiped off the map by a cataclysmic sandstorm, you’re tasked with leading your squad to find out what happened to the American squad that was sent in to rescue the city, and find out what lies buried beneath the sand, along with the world’s most opulent ruin. It’s a fascinating take on the shooter genre with white-knuckle gameplay and a powerful message only unraveled once you make it to the thrilling end moments of the game. Don’t miss it.
Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3)

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

Take Joe Danger on a death-defying thrill ride across the set of the greatest blockbuster movie ever made. Chase crooks on your police bike, destroy laser firing robots with a stolen jetpack, escape giant boulders in a minecart, time-travel to punch dinosaurs and divert the nuclear missiles on your unicycle. Yes it’s as awesome as it sounds.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

One of the kings of strategy RPGs makes its debut in the Instant Game Collection! Take a field trip any time you want with Mao, Raspberyl, Almaz, and the rest of the Evil Academy gang with Disgaea 3 on PS Vita! Offering incredible depth and hours upon hours of strategy RPG goodness, Disgaea fans or RPG fans in general should have this one on their PS Vita, which features 5 new chapters on top of the original’s content.
The Cave (PS3)

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions. Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.

Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Armed with the largest character roster ever in TEKKEN history, a robust single player game experience, countless mutiplayer and online options, and an addictive character customization system, the greatest fighting game franchise soars is here for PS Vita and PSP owners to add to their Instant Game Collection!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to see Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3), Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita), Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita), and The Cave (PS3) which will be arriving throughout the month of March!

Leaving PS Plus In March

• March 5th – Guardians of Middle Earth
  • March 12th – Quantum Conundrum
  • March 19th – Dungeon Defenders
  • March 19th – Foosball 2012 PS Vita
  • March 26th – Plants Vs Zombies

Entering PS Plus in March (in no particular order)

• Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
  • Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3)
  • Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita)
  • The Cave (PS3)

March 5th Plus Update

PlayStation Plus Update

For the week at hand, please welcome the critically acclaimed Spec Ops: The Line to the Instant Game Collection; meaning it’s free for PS Plus members to download starting with the March 5th PS Store update. We’ve also got week 2 of the PS Vita Anniversary Sale with a bevy of discounts on fantastic PS Vita games, with even deeper discounts if you’re a PS Plus member.

Spec Ops: The Line

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

PS Vita Anniversary Sale Week 2

Various Discounts

It’s week 2 of the PS Vita Anniversary Sale and the deals keep coming. To celebrate the PS Vita’s anniversary even more, pair up these discounts with the Get $10 For Every $50 Spent promo that’s on now. Remember, you’ll get $10 back for every $50 you spend throughout March. The earned credit will be sent to you on or around April 12th via email and XMB message on your PS3.

Discounts

Spy Hunter $34.99 $24.99 $17.49
Street Fighter X Tekken PS Vita $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
Sumioni: Demon Arts $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 PS Vita $39.99 $27.99 $19.59

BIT.TRIP Presents Runner2 Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien

20% Discount for PS Plus Members – PSN Price: $14.99, PS Plus Price: $11.99

The BIT.TRIP series arrives to the PlayStation family this week, and what better way to welcome it than to pick up this new addition to the critically acclaimed series with a 20% release week discount. Runner2 merges rhythm-action platforming with incredible music and unique environments to run, jump, slide, and kick towards your goal. Check out the video above and also read the PS Blog article featuring Mike Roush, co-founder of Gaijin Games to hear about their additional plans to bring the series to PS Vita.

Remember, check back every Monday to learn when Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3), Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita), Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita), and The Cave (PS3) are arriving to PS Plus members. You’ll also find more discounts and other exclusives that we weren’t able to detail here just yet. Remember the month preview is subject to change.

Leave us some comments on the new format, and of course, chime in with your thoughts on Spec Ops: The Line, the PS Vita Anniversary Sale, and any other PS Plus feedback you’ve got. If you’re looking to engage with more of the PS Plus community, we’ve also got the PS Plus section in the PlayStation Community Forums where you can continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus - March 2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 17

+ b00kthree on March 4th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Not interested in Spec Ops, but very excited for Joe Danger 2 and The Cave. Looks to be a good month!

+ four24twenty on March 4th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Morgan,

When it comes to the internet, I feel “terrible” and “amazing” are synonymous. I’m sure you’d be swell.
I was thinking the show could be more of an explanation of how the Plus process goes behind the scenes….but anything you bring would be great!

+ PiotrRasputinBR on March 4th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

INSANE month for all the Vita owners. Disgaea + 4 free games including wild arms + Discounts… Gonna need a new pair of spare thumbs…

+ ocray on March 4th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Great job :)

+ gokugt25 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Awesome Update! i really like the idea of showing us all the stuff we’ll get in the month , thats awesome , Really looking forward to play Spec Ops : The line =)

+ Xenobits on March 4th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

This update is amazing!

+ green-d3lta on March 4th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Been a member since day 1, March update is definitely the best yet, as a Vita owner as well Im super excited. Just renewed my subscription for another year. Great job guy keep the updates coming. One question how many weeks does the vita anniversary run?

+ Anthanolas77 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Psss, The last week i.ve bought Disgaea 3…

+ leotherf on March 4th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

This may be my favorite update yet. PS+ has really saved my PS3 and Vita.

+ spaceboy21 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Wow, I don’t know how you guys do it! Thanks so much.

Really looking forward to Spec Ops and also interested in The Cave. As for the sale, I might flip a coin between Dokuro and Knytt Underground. I’m enjoying Unit 13 from the first week sale a lot.

+ legendmake on March 4th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Excellent deal, thank you SCEA !
I will stick to ps+ forever.

+ DeviantBoi on March 4th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Excellent update!

I hope that we can get a couple of more updates like this the rest of the year.

+ lisatsunami on March 4th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

Some good things here. Will try Disgaea, will buy Lego LOTR with that nice discount. Thanks.

+ Asphaltum on March 4th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

Not a Plus member, but great update. Good job!

+ ramankhutu on March 4th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

Already bought The Cave day one, but I’m not mad. Never heard of Spec Ops (seriously, I know everyone else is happy about it, so yay them, but I’ve never been interested in shooters). Never heard of Joe Danger either, but I’ll give it a try if I can find the time.

So even though there’s really nothing for me this week, I’m happy about the switch to monthly format.

+ Elvick_ on March 4th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Well, at least I’ll have some kind of Tekken on my Vita… (excluding SFxT for obvious reasons)

I hope they do a Tekken on Vita sometime. I really want one. D:

Glad I get to try Spec Ops: The Line, have heard great things. Glad I didn’t buy The Cave yet. Was about to. Definitely buying Sumioni now that it’s a price I’m willing to pay for a digital only release.

+ BooMysterJ on March 4th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

gives a different reason to say march madness, great update

+ RenderMonk on March 4th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Morgan, glad to see Disgaea 3 (SRPG) coming to PS+. My issue is that my previous 3 month subscription to PS+ auto-renewed yesterday before I had a chance to take advantage of the special promotion that involves buying 1 year PS+ and getting an additional 3 months. Is there any way I can pay the difference of what I was auto charged to renew my PS+ sub and the yearly sub to participate in this promotion?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 4th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Hmm, I’m not sure at the moment, but your best bet would be to contact Customer Service and let them know. Worst case scenario, the amount that auto renewed should go towards the Buy $50 promo since it’s $$ that left your SEN Wallet; but there is no in-Store option to pay the difference to put it towards a 12 month membership instead =|

+ bldudas on March 4th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

Nice update. I have most of the Vita games I would want, but I like the PS3 games.

+ RoBo_O_G_2 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

Amazing update for both ps3 and vita! Awesome work, thanks ;)

+ ManifestoFive on March 4th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

Thanks for the great update and the ten dollars, Sony!

+ DeathGazer on March 4th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

Awesome update. We can finally hold a great game (Spec Ops) over Europe’s head for once, lol

+ D-Logick on March 4th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

Damnit!!!! i just bought tekken 6 2 days ago for 19.99 on psn -_-… good update tho

+ MFK863 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

Wow, complained about Plus for the first time last week and then you post all the awesome March content we can expect ahead of time. I think I’m gonna have to complain more often ;)

Seriously though, awesome update! If it continues like this I’ll definitely be turning the auto funding back on so my Plus subscription automatically renews.

+ DelMurice on March 4th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Great update!

+ NinjaZeroEight on March 4th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Just got Playstation Plus less than 24 hours ago. I couldn’t pass up on the deal of getting an additional 3 months and getting $10 back in April. Really happy with the decision of FINALLY joining PS+. Can’t wait for more free PSN games like The Cave.

+ The_Dukenator on March 4th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

@115 Spec Ops does have a demo last I checked.

@Morgan Your reply to #6 means that the 12+3 Month Plus offer is still valid until the store updates? I should be able to get it before midnight cst.

+ Tahldon on March 4th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Uh.. wow. Just wow. I’m on it. There are some BUYS here.

+ Rusti002 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Hey Morgan you know anything if Tomb Raider will be available in psn for downloadable in day 1?

+ avdavidw on March 4th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

I like this format much better.

Even though there’s nothing for me this week, I know there is stuff I’ll like on its way soon (Joe Danger & Cave).

+ sinta0531 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

I like this monthly update for free games better.

+ Kchow23 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

I think that being able to see the content for the entire month and being reminded every week is a far better. Now I know that I shouldn’t pick up The Cave since I could just wait for PS Plus. Also, I think that we have been getting quality updates like this for a long time just that getting it bit by bit instead of all at once which changes perception so I am very glad with the change.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 4th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

“Also, I think that we have been getting quality updates like this for a long time just that getting it bit by bit instead of all at once which changes perception …”

pretty much.

+ The_Dukenator on March 4th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

@126 Go to the free games section on the store and grab the others. I did over time.

+ grbolivar on March 4th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

HEL YEAAAA!!! Amazing Update!!! Disgaea FTW!!!

+ Kchow23 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

is far better* we really could use an edit button :P

+ ScorchedRusalka on March 4th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

I usually don’t comment… but this is the best update in a long time for PS Plus. I was going to buy Spec Ops and The Cave last week, but I prefer to wait… now this is just GREAT!… thank you sooo much for the effort guys and I hope you can keep bringing amazing games for all of us.

+ nabilafzali02 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

I spent $99.94 in ps store will I get $20 back or because I have 6 cents left I’ll only get $10 I hope thats not the case

+ gygk on March 4th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Played Spec Ops The Line when it first came out going to play it again when it comes out for PS+

+ SCT78 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

It’s a pretty awesome update for March (esp when comparing to Feb). I look fwd to play The Cave and Spec Ops.

I wonder if more full retail PS3 games will be added to the IGC throughout the month? or another PSN game would be great too. Yes I’m greedy, I want more than 1 retail game and 2 PSN game a month in my IGC ;D

+ johnanddeidre on March 4th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Been a plus subscriber for awhile and singed up for another year. I have thought about complaining about the EU vs NA content, but then i realized, ive tried games given by plus that id have never bought. I am super excited about this content and am really pleased with the service. It has broaden my horizon as a game player. Who would have thought id enjoy a game like dungeon defenders. Thanks playstation plus for continueing to make me a loyal playstation user. Also thanks for the free 10 bucks…lol

+ grbolivar on March 4th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

I don´t like that you announced all the games in march at once, It´s better when you announce each week, I like the mystery of not knowing what comes next week ;)

+ Tenmyouji on March 4th, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

Nice variety this month. Will probably hop back onto PS+ when I’m finished with L.A. Noire and Metal Gear Rising again.

+ SLY12 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Gee, I don’t know if I’m imagining things or not, but I seem to recall when Spec Ops was released, it got hardly any love from fans of the shooter genre. I bought it day one and it was a really good game. The thing is, the single player was way better than the mp, but it was playable nonetheless. Apparently, the thing is that people just weren’t willing to PAY for the product. Now that it’s free, everyone is a fan.

Sorry to disappoint you guys who are looking forward to it now, but the mp way back then hardly had anyone playing on a regular basis, so I can only imagine what it is like now. If you look forward to the single player, then you should have a good experience.

The point of this post is that I just wish everyone was so excited about it when the game came out, not months later when it is free to play.

+ Qatsmasher on March 4th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Spec Ops: The Line. Great job, guys and gals. This is one of the most significant games ever made. Glad to see others will get to experience it. Good choice.

+ munkywawa on March 4th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Morgan, the fact that the PS+ retail card doesn’t count towards the “Spend $50, Get $10″ deal is messed up. There is no advantage for consumers to the PS+ retail card other than you can claim it on your system without having to load the PS Store. The advantage for Sony is that they get to put PS+ out there in front of people’s eyes in stores. Having $50 PSN cards next to $50 PS+ cards and having one be able to participate in specials and deals that the other one can’t seems like it’s taking advantage of uninformed people.

+ Lefoul-123 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Keep the good work coming, This is one of those updates that can compete with european updates, and if we keep getting discounts it will be better.

And its about time to get an RPG or a racing game, Im not really a fan but Im starting to think thats one of the good perks of plus, getting to play games you would not normally buy. It happened with vanquish for me, its a game I would not have buyed but once I played it I want more games like it.

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 4th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

I gotta say Morgan and team, this is one IMPRESSIVE update (month). Nice to see a mix of everything PS3, PSP, and Vita, and you can never go wrong with more vita game sales. Hopefully there shouldn’t be too many complaints in the comments today :p

Thanks a bunch guys!

+ FMF on March 4th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Spec Ops is a great game! Very underrated. Can we please get some racing games next month?

+ Nevi901 on March 4th, 2013 at 11:01 am said:

See, Sony? THIS is how you do it. Glad to see PS+ subscribers get their money worth :)

+ DarkDuckJustice on March 4th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

Love the new format! We get to see a preview of the month in advance while maintaining the weekly update excitement. I know it took time to change things over, but it was worth the wait. Also, I can’t believe we are getting The Cave!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 17