PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Mar 10

Mar 10

The Drop: Week of March 11th 2013 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

In this week’s The Drop, vengeance is born in the fires of betrayal in this prequel to the best-selling God of War franchise. Six months have passed since Kratos stood over the bodies of his wife and child, his hands stained with their blood – tricked by Ares into murdering the only people he ever loved. Swearing to avenge them, Kratos broke the blood oath that bound him to Ares, but oaths to Olympus are not so easily broken…

God of War: Ascension — God of War: Ascension returns players to the storyline of the epic God of War franchise. Join Kratos as he seeks freedom, redemption and the clarity to avenge his family. Or seek your own glory in epic 8-player mutliplayer battles.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 — Takes the bulls-eye precision of its best-selling predecessor to new and exciting heights. Powered by CryEngine 3 technology, the missions of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 are graphically stunning and more challenging as you once again step into the ghillie suit of a special ops sniper to take down the enemy.

Darkstalkers: Resurrection — The beloved Darkstalkers fighting game franchise is back and ready to take the fight to current gen consoles in this double-pack of Darkstalkers games.

Featuring a unique and colorful cast of characters blended with fast-paced fighting action, Darkstalkers Resurrection contains two games (Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge and Darkstalkers 3), for the price of one. Each game has a slew of features added including: robust GGPO-enabled online game play, HD graphical filtering with multiple viewing options, replay sharing, Spectator Mode, in-game achievements, Challenge/Tutorial Mode and an un-lockable vault filled with concept artwork, videos and more.

Quantum Theory — Many years have passed since the world war inflicted catastrophic damage on the human race, leaving only a few survivors. In their new community Cocoon, life has been threatened by a black material called Erosion, creating a post-apocalyptic environment. Surviving humans recruit a militia to conquer the Erosion and set out to take down the evil, Living Tower. Arriving at the scene is the stalwart warrior Syd, whose only intentions are to destroy the Tower. He meets the beautiful and mysterious Filena as they both ascend to the top in their search for answers.

Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear — Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear is the sequel to Heavy Fire: Afghanistan that sends soldiers after a captured spy who holds the plans to a secret Iranian nuclear weapons facility.

Psych Yourself (PSN Exclusive) — Psych Yourself provides the game consumer with a whole new experience,” says Vlad Starzhevsky, CEO of Creat Studios Inc. “Test Yourself was good at testing and training your innate abilities such as Intelligence, Attention Span, Reaction Times and Memory. Psych Yourself goes to the next level, delving into your inner-most psyche and discovering what kind of person you really are.

Puzzle By Nikoli V: Sudoku (PSN Exclusive) — The Puzzle by Nikoli series has come to the PlayStation®Vita, and “Sudoku” is the first installment in the series! All fifty challenges have been carefully designed by Nikolai personally, which ensures that each solution is distinctive and different! Everyone from novices to experts is sure to lose themselves in this immersive puzzle world.

Demos

• Army of Two: The Devil Cartel
  • Darkstalkers: Resurrection
  • Fuel Overdose
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge

PlayStation 2 Classics

Kessen II — Become a Chinese general and conquer the world in Kessen II from Koei. Players plan out strategies, then watch as armies carry out their orders in real time. The tale of two warring Chinese generals, Liu Bei and Cao Cao, sets the stage for war in a scenario similar to the background of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms saga. Magic will play a part in the action: lightning, tornados, and earthquakes can all be summoned to wreak havoc among enemy troops.

PSone Imports

• Favorite Dear: Enkan no Monogatari
  • First Queen IV
  • Mahjong Uranai Fortuna: Tukino Megamitachi
  • Motorhead: High Velocity Entertainment
  • Rung Rung: Oz no Mahou Tsukai
  • Sentimental Graffiti
  • Trump Shiyouyo! (Fukkoku Ban)

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

saskamazon said:

March 11th, 10:10 am

does anyone know if the bonus XP MP boost (48 hours) *for GOW:A* can be used at a time of your own choice, or does it activate at a set time ? just wondering b/c I would prefer to play the SP campaign before diving into the MP & don’t want to waste the boost time – so I want it to be when I have time to devote ….

Welmosca said:

March 11th, 10:17 am

Aahh finally…Ascension the wait is killing me,I can’t wait to get my hands on this baby I really can’t wait…and plus Darkstalkers I’m dying to relive old times and I’m eager to see how’s Razor’s Edge….hope they improved a lot as the news stated,can’t wait to dismember some bodies again.

Please include Jackie Chan Stuntmaster on PS1 classics.

DarkKnightLuigi said:

March 11th, 10:32 am

Possibly the lamest drop this year. I hope PSN takes time to update the Vita store, and hopefully put games that we would want from the Imports as well as PS2 classics that are actually Classics. I’m still stuck at the fact PSN considers Dora a PS2 Classic….are you SERIOUS!!!!

UncannySilk said:

March 11th, 10:35 am

KESSEN II.

One of my first PS2 titles and my gateway into the wonderful world of Musou. Picking this bad boy up. :D

Elvick_ said:

March 11th, 10:35 am

Glad to see more PSone Imports. Hopefully we get the rest of Rockman then. Come on Capcom…

Are we going to get the Soul Sacrifice demo soon? :/ And when are we getting the Dead or Alive 5+ demo?

Elvick_ said:

March 11th, 10:40 am

FYI: Sony never owned Crash or Spyro. Neither did Naughty Dog or Insomniac. Both were owned by Universal at the time. Which is why Universal’s logo was in both series’ openings. Now they’re owned by Activision (bummer).

swavage415 said:

March 11th, 10:41 am

No description for the ps1 imports. Is cutting and pasting enough to have a job at Sony? Hey Ray why don’t you actually try to put out a decent blog.

Marek_06 said:

March 11th, 10:44 am

Quantum Theory… its a huge no no …

TheGuardianFID said:

March 11th, 10:46 am

Picking up my GOW:A CE tonight at midnight. :)

timmy19888 said:

March 11th, 10:49 am

nobodys said it in a while. wheres kingdom hearts. only liked the first one so i careless about kingdom hearts. nothing for me this week. catching up on the final fantasy series this week.

Welmosca said:

March 11th, 10:55 am

@ 11 Nick930930 – $60 for GoW is too much?…Jesus what a joke….if GoW is not worth of $60…well then nothing is.

PSBlog…can you guys put a bigger picture of Morrigan there?

saintaqua said:

March 11th, 11:19 am

Wow! An Oz game in PSimports? I never saw that coming.
If it’s Vita compatible I think I’ll get it.

n1ghtscar3 said:

March 11th, 11:34 am

Rey Gutierrez I have continued to post here several times and noone seems to know this nor do they respond on here from sony. Several fans I see on here are still sending comments and I am posting every week until it happens. When is crash bandicoot and spyro coming to vita store and when will it be compatible???

Heavenly_king said:

March 11th, 12:00 pm

Bring GOW: Ascension to PSN please!!

Nevi901 said:

March 11th, 12:05 pm

Oops, forgot! Where’s Crash and Spyro on VITA?!!

tusunami said:

March 11th, 12:39 pm

Glad to see the PS One imports are back, it’s been too long since i’ve seen them.

JayBizzle311 said:

March 11th, 1:32 pm

that sucks no GOW: Ascension digital… I gotta get something so I can get that $10 credit… Can’t decide between Tomb Raider or taking a gamble on Activision’s The Walking Dead…. dunno if it will hold the TWD hype and suspense like Telltale did with their series.

I dunno gotta get something though… In the mean time MLB 13: The Show and all the other games I need to play..

Kaiser499 said:

March 11th, 2:11 pm

How about Fire Prowrestling G for the PSOne Imports section? Make it happen!

A5-you-4R3 said:

March 11th, 2:37 pm

Anything for the Vita I do not think there is from scanning the entry but am I wrong? How about a quick Vita version of this entry below everything?

TheBP said:

March 11th, 3:31 pm

will ninja gaiden 3 razor’s edge demo be released on the 12th?

Phange said:

March 11th, 4:16 pm

Those are some very uncharacteristically weird PSOne imports. A dating sim, an action RPG, a Mahjong title. Few of those will be useful to anyone who doesn’t speak Japanese, but honestly I have to give props to Sony for going ahead with it anyway.

bigmikewwe said:

March 11th, 4:32 pm

So GoWA is not going to be day 1 digital tomorrow then right? Will it be on psn before the 3rd?

Hushed-Massacre said:

March 11th, 6:18 pm

I know PStwo Imports aren’t a thing, but they should be – and they should start with Rurouni Kenshin.

MarvelousMont said:

March 11th, 7:34 pm

I <3 Kratos!

TomatoDragon said:

March 11th, 9:38 pm

My GOW Ascension collector’s edition just shipped. Can’t wait!

FoxRosuh said:

March 11th, 9:51 pm

I wait for GOW digital or i will not buy the game

masqerader said:

March 12th, 12:47 am

Can’t wait till I read.. “FFX HD”

codename_Mamba said:

March 12th, 9:05 am

Wow. Afirst-party Sony game isn’t available for digital download on release date? Color me surprised and dissappointed. When I cancelled my Sim City preorder at gamestop the other day, I bought 2 $20 PSN cards just to pick this up today. Just goes to show that you can’t necessarily trust sony to have it together when it comes to their digital releases.

PBrudz said:

March 12th, 9:31 am

Rey, will there be any improvement on PSP to VITA compatibility for legacy games? Will that be on a developer by developer basis? What about for SONY first party games? I’d like to play Fat Princess: Fist Full of Cake on VITA (amongst others).

Nates4Christ said:

March 12th, 10:34 am

Army of two demo is looking good. My next big release comes this April with Star Trek. Then I’m getting Fuse and after that Lost Planet 2 followed by Toki Towa and Killzone Mercinary.

Angel_Garcilazo said:

March 12th, 11:01 am

Aww man, no DoA5+ demo.

SeventhLegion said:

March 12th, 1:01 pm

Kessen II?! One of my all-time favorite PS2 games. This pleases me.

Adamelinda said:

March 13th, 5:53 pm

I just purchased the God of war Legacy bundle.. I am very very upset and feel cheated. For one all the games are in crappy cardboard frisbees!!!. Also not all the games are included, you have to download the origins collection. I am going to make a youtube vid and start some petitions. Sony owes a lot of people games cases. NO WHERE on the box does it indicate that there are no plastic game cases. I have owned the 60 gig PS3 just purchased a slim 500gig bundle and now just purchased the Legacy bundle, I love PS3 but this has left a bitter taste in my mouth to the point that I have considered returning both my new bundles. Bad form Sony bad form indeed!. If you read this DO NOT purchse the Legacy bundle. Get the games seperate and just paint your case red on your PS3 lol. Not worth the price and only includes a lame 30 day Plus membership. Boo I say Boooo!

Elvick_ said:

March 14th, 2:01 am

@133: Should have researched it better.

Bundles with sleeves are why I don’t buy a second PS3 when an otherwise good bundle comes along. The games are usually in sleeves (or I own them already).

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

March 16th, 8:42 pm

Fallout 3

221,999 buyers Release date: 3/2/2010
Size: 5.48 GB
on Xbox store WoW

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

March 16th, 9:01 pm

I think im goin to get me a XBOX u guys keep holding back with games like fallout3 for the PSN & XBox has it for only $14.99 to download have good day

PAGE 1 2 3