PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Plus: Joe Danger 2 Free for Members, Huge Ubisoft Sale

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Mar 11, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Last week, we announced March’s Instant Game Collection additions for PlayStation Plus members. Spec Ops: The Line led the charge, and this week, you’re going to want to channel your inner Evel Knievel, as Joe Danger 2: The Movie, is next to come your way free as a PlayStation Plus member. The folks over at Ubisoft also have some spectacular deals prepped, including discounts on the long awaited Online Multiplayer Pack for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

March 12th PlayStation Plus Update

Joe Danger 2: The Movie

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

Take Joe Danger on a death-defying thrill ride across the set of the greatest blockbuster movie ever made. Chase crooks on your police bike, destroy laser firing robots with a stolen jetpack, escape giant boulders in a minecart, time-travel to punch dinosaurs and divert the nuclear missiles on your unicycle. Yes, it’s as awesome as it sounds.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World Ultimate Edition

20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.99)

The fan-favorite, 2D retro styled side scrolling beat em’ up is back and better than ever! This new release includes the original Scott Pilgrim vs. The World game, plus the Knives Chau Add-On Pack and the Online Multiplayer + Wallace Pack; all at a new release 20% discount for PS Plus Members. For fans that already have the game, you’ll be able to get the Online Multiplayer + Wallace Pack at a discount; detailed below.
Scott Pilgrim DLC: Wallace Wells Add-On Pack

20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $3.99)

The long awaited online multiplayer experience, packed with a new playable character, Wallace Wells, Scott’s hilarious roommate, is finally here! With this Add-On, you’ll be able to invite up to 3 players in a private match or host a public match for online co-op gameplay. You can also jump in a game via the quick join option. The best part? All players gain XP and level up while playing. Get on it this week with a limited time 20% discount for PS Plus members.
Ubisoft Sale

Various Discounts for PS Plus members

In addition to the Scott Pilgrim Ultimate Edition new release discount, our friends at Ubisoft went to town on discounting an incredible lineup of games. The Ubisoft sale applies a 30% discount for all of PSN, but PS Plus members will get a 50% discount on these titles. You can also read up about the sale from the PS Blog post earlier this morning.
Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines (PSP) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Driver ’76 (PSP) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Tom Clancy’s EndWar (PSP) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PSP) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Essentials (PSP) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood Old West Pack (Add-on) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
The Expendables 2 Videogame: All Characters Full Upgrade (Add-on) $2.99 $2.09 $1.46
Shoot Many Robots 600,000 nuts (Add-on) $4.99 $3.49 $2.44
Shoot Many Robots 1,500,000 nuts (Add-on) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

Keep leaving us your thoughts on the new format, and of course, chime in with your thoughts on Joe Danger 2: The Movie, and the other discounts available to you as a PS Plus member. If you’d like to get more involved with the PS Plus community, head over to the PS Plus section in the PlayStation Community Forums and chat more about PS Plus, or anything else that tickles your fancy. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 3-12-13

+ MrBeatdown on March 11th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

More add-on content sales please. Maybe even some freebies for PS+.

I know there are a few discounts here and there, but it would be nice every now and then to see a huge sale on map packs, expansions, season passes, and things like that.

There’s a lot of stuff I’d pick up I’d pick up at the right price. For four years I waited for a sale on MotorStorm: Pacific Rift’s $20 worth of DLC, but the servers actually went offline before the track packs went on sale. That’s crazy.

+ PayneKiller1509 on March 11th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

Any chance Walking Dead episodes will go on sale again?

+ The_Dukenator on March 11th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

@82 And you’ve been on Plus how long?

+ B1TT3R-K3V1N on March 11th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

EU PS+ seems to get much much better free games (Sleeping Dogs? DOA5?) than we do… please try to keep the lovin’ equal or at least hide from us what our euro buddies are getting :P

+ The_Dukenator on March 11th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

@50 Its costs more elsewhere. I paid $20 for Fallout 3 GOTY months after it came out.

+ tusunami on March 11th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

This is cool, I hope we’ll get the 1st for free soon to complete my collection!!!!!!!!!

+ CrusaderForever on March 11th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

@Morgan

Great PS+ month and thanks for Joe Danger 2! Also, loving the monthly updates!

Question for you….can you tell us why God of War Ascension isn’t Day 1 Digital? I have the money in my wallet but cannot buy retail until April and really want to play GoWA.

Thanks again

+ Souma_sama on March 11th, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

Please, come back my money.

+ MushThePainter on March 11th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

Hmmm.. Should I get CSI for the easy platinum or Call of Juarez for a decent shooter?

+ sparepart on March 11th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

I am really enjoying PS+ this month. Is there any chance that we can see a sale on all GOW content? I am intrested in the psp GOW games, but would like not to pay so much for it.

+ OVERCOME on March 11th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

@ Morgan Definitely seeing some great deals via plus this month! I’m a very happy plus customer. I just want to chime in and add that it would be great to maybe have some deals for previous games that correspond with current releases. Example: God of War: Ascension came out this week. It would be great if the God of War games were discounted or made available via IGC so a gamer can get a taste of or even hop on the current release. I would really like to see this become common. Thanks!

-OVERCOME

+ Ton3_BonE_4_Life on March 11th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

Nice list, but nothing that interest me….maybe next week. Still have fingers crossed for FFVII: Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep being added to the store

+ TuttiCicero on March 11th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

@Morgan Haro
I see your point. Possibly, seeing so much of Scott Pilgrim in the sales tab over the years has made me a bit bias towards it.

I’d still like to see another Journey sale, though!

Anyways, the variety your team has chosen for this month is great and I also like the format in which we know what is coming for the month and we simply get to look forward to when it’s dropped.

Plus is heading in a great direction for sure, much appreciated.

+ eggmiester28 on March 11th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

lawls at the ubisoft sale

+ klassymike on March 11th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

I really enjoyed Spec Ops and completed my first play through and starting my second one. I wasn’t into shooters until Vanquish and then Spec ops. Both of these games were awesome and if it weren’t for Plus, I would have never played either of them. Thanks for both of these great games! Looking forward to Joe Danger 2 tomorrow. Keep up the great work ! Thanks again!!

+ AizawaYuuichi on March 11th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

I’m gonna chime in the opposite of a lot of the complainers. Thank you again for not being a carbon copy of EU+. I didn’t/don’t want Sleeping Dogs, ME3, DoA5, etc… aside from weeks when there were games released for US+ that I also had no interest in, as a whole, I much prefer the content we get to what the EU gets. Keep up the great work.

As for this update, those discounts look amazing. Will definitely be picking up quite a few things. Though I’m still waiting on DH:Alliance to fall under $10 on the Vita. I only paid $12 for the PS3 version. I’m not paying more than that for the portable version. Especially now that I know how cheap a game it is.

+ x–TkA–x on March 11th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

Hey i just wanted to say thanks for the monthly update.. you guys have made me decide not to go to EU+ for the time being.

PS: I love 2.50 games, more games for 2.50 please!!!!!!!

PPS: Would love to see Red Dead Redemption on IGC!!!!!

PPPS: When do you guys plan on rotating Ratchet and Clank 4, Little Big Planet 2, and Infamous 2 out of the IGC lineup?? They’ve been there for quite a while now, and i know you guys have them printed on the PS3 boxes.. but is there a time frame to cycle them out?

+ x–TkA–x on March 11th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

PPPPS: Any chance on getting some new free avatars and themes?

+ Chizuzuu on March 11th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

I will likely pick up that vita lumines game.

When I saw Ubisoft sale, I was hoping to see a discount on that Assassin’s Creed Liberation game, oh well.

I’m also going to go through the comments here to see if there are any replies to questions about a possible week 3 of Vita Anniversary sales; I don’t recall seeing a week 3 specifically announced, but I didn’t hear about week 2 until the day it hit, and I didn’t hear about the free games until wednesday or thursday so I could have just missed something.

+ The_Dukenator on March 11th, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

@117 Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Infamous 2 & Little Big Planet 2 have been there since last year. Don’t think they have plans to change them out. Maybe at E3.

@118 You can get free themes from ps3-themes.com They tend to be way better than the ones on the store.

+ FeistFan on March 11th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

LOVE the new format – knowing that Joe Danger 2 was coming some time this month was great, and it was still a fun surprise to find out it was THIS week! Looking forward to that one.

Still wish the discounts would be bigger. Hard drive space isn’t unlimited, so downloadable games ought to be no more expensive than disk-based games. I won’t pay $20 to download something that Amazon or Best Buy will sell me for $20 (new) or less.

+ TuttiCicero on March 11th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

I wanted to leave some game idea’s for the IGC rotation;

Demon Souls
Uncharted 1 + 2 + 3
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Twisted Metal
Max Payne 3

+ Chizuzuu on March 11th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

Quick question about the “format” change where the month’s free games were announced. At the time of the announcement, no dates were specified other than the first, but would it probably be safe to assume that the Vita game would likely come the same week a Vita game rotates out?

+ The_Dukenator on March 11th, 2013 at 1:54 pm said:

@121 I prefer the disc over the download, due to limited hard drive space.

@122 Portal is part of The Orange Box, unless you mean Portal 2. Search the blog to see if any of those games came to IGC before. Need For Speed: Most Wanted is better than Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit.

+ valoiz3386 on March 11th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

Well i have to say i dont like Joa Danger at all… looks quite as a cheap old game… but spec ops was great, short but great ;) hoping 4 the cave arrive soon (love the Tim Burton style)

The ubisolf sale its great 4 me cuz i like Rayman… but thats all , the other games (may i am alive) are not my stile.

I believe PS+ need urgent some RPGs, a racing game (a serius one -.-) and at least one survival horror game. No more Puzzle / Shooters / Plataforms 4 now…

+ K0J1R0 on March 11th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

It’s a shame that the only game I would’ve downloaded this month (Disgaea 3) is only available on a system that I don’t own. :<

+ Monterossa on March 11th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

The song that played in Joe Danger trailer sounds like “Venice Rooftops” from Assassin’s Creed II.

+ The_Dukenator on March 11th, 2013 at 2:02 pm said:

@Morgan Haro When a game comes out for Plus, that was mentioned in the monthly update, could you update that list with the date it came out? This would be useful for those who look at the monthly update and want to know when each game was added to Plus.

Like for example:
Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) – 3/5
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita) – 3/?
Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3) – 3/11
Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita) – 3/?
The Cave (PS3) – 3/?

+ TuttiCicero on March 11th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

@124 Definitely meant to type Portal 2, thanks for that.

I’ve been with plus ona nd off for a long time – some of those games requested have had a discount here or there but I’m certain none have been free.

I loved Hot Pursuit, the good ol’ cops and robbers style brought back memories for myself and the graphics were great as well!

+ The_Dukenator on March 11th, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

@125 Speaking of Spec Ops, you might’ve noticed a free dlc which adds coop to the game.

+ firebert42 on March 11th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

The Vita war chest opens again! Thoughts before the update tomorrow: MVC or SFXT?

Other comments:

1. It’s always nice to have video promos for the games and reviews on the blog. Keep doing this!

2. Sometimes I want to buy a digital license of the game I have access to in Plus, so I’d like to see a way to do this.

3. Discounts are the main draw for me, but obviously part of the larger vision of Plus. So, the Ubisoft sale is a very good and unexpected thing. Free access to games is awesome, but I feel like I’m more in control with discounts.

Great work, Plus team!

+ ScorpyCP on March 11th, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

Joe Danger 2 is a great addition, but PSN sales pale in comparison to Amazon and Steam sales. You guys gotta step your game up if you’re gonna compete in the digital market

+ The_Dukenator on March 11th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

@129 I played both Portals, but didn’t do the coop stuff.

Hot Pursuit was fun, but got boring after awhile. Most Wanted was a lot more challenging when you have 20 cops chasing you down. I only wish the Cops theme played instead of the game soundtrack.

I tried Blur, but got bored with it quickly. It felt like Burnout Paradise with powerups.

+ ccwalpha on March 11th, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

Ubisoft sale, but where is Beyond Good and Evil?

+ DazeOfWar on March 11th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Just want to say good job on finally getting the whole month preview up and going. It’s just so much nicer to see what we get for the whole month. I’m also happy to see a good selection of games for the month. I own Spec Ops on PC but I still downloaded it to play on my PS3 too. I had Disgaea when it first hit the Vita but just didn’t fit well with me. Good game though for Plus it gives people some variety of genres. Cave and Joe Danger 2 I’ll definitely be downloading so those are nice to see. Specially since I don’t own either. As for Tekken I’ll just pass.

Please keep this up for the months to come.

+ kazyme on March 11th, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

you know I just do not get this. Why is it that PS Plus in UK region has always the best games for free for their plus subscribers.
To name a few SLEEPING DOGS, MASS EFFECT 3, VANQUISH, and in the past others. We in North America do not have squat to show. Just titles that are so old, no body buys them, they are so stale, that they are given for free.
We have SCOTT PILGRIM, WOOOOOAH! SUCH A BLESSING FOR ALL OF US IN THE AMERICAS.

PUT SOMETHING UP WORTHWHILE.

EVERYBODY WHO POSTS HERE TAKE A WHILE TO BROWSE THE GAMES FOR FREE THAT THE PLUS SUBSCRIBERS ARE GETTING ACROSS THE ATLANTIC.

+ boomstickbhg on March 11th, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

Damn another Ubi sale, yet it lacks any of the recent/good games.

Well there’s a couple decent games on the list, most having been on sale recently, and owned by people who’d want them since a lot are quite old.

Thanks for bringing a sale, that’s better than the IGC only it used to be.

But the recent sales have been pretty mediocre at best (always leaving out the good/newer games).

So seems to be heading in the right direction (other than the bad IGC game this week) but try to get good games in the sale next time not just the really old ones.

+ ojha_cojek on March 11th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

For the first week of sales I really wanted unit13 but did not have the money :) and now I have money and cant wait store update to go nuts and buy rayman and dungeon hunter on discount. Morgan keep up the great work. My plus has paid off multiple times already.

Ps. Plus is for the casual gamers that don’t spend much money and time on games and for the ones that generally don’t have much money for gaming. Every serious gamer with money on their hands will buy the game that they want first moment it is out. So for all the plus members that whine about having all the games that are on plus, stop whining and wait for the games to be on plus for free or discounted. Or like you’ve done it million times by now buy it on a full price because you can’t wait. Just stop complaining.

+ boomstickbhg on March 11th, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

Plus is for casual gamers?

Than why don’t we get auto-update or 1GB Cloud saves for free?

That’s the kind of stuf serious gamers use/can need.

Flawed arguement and I hardly had to try, #138

+ cat9966 on March 11th, 2013 at 2:39 pm said:

I’ll defiantly be picking up Rayman for Vita. I have to say that the biggest downside to the Vita is the expensive Memory. Even with a 16 GB (really 14), I am constantly deleting stuff and it is so time consuming to download the full sized games. The number one reason I don’t buy downloads is the lack of space. I think you guys really missed the boat with lots of impulse buys by making the memory cost prohibitive. So many times I want to buy something and then realize I have no space and figure I’ll just wait to finish playing all of the stuff I currently have installed. Great sales are pretty much the only way to entice to me buy electronic copies.

+ Trieloth on March 11th, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

Well Iam still pissed we had to wait a long time till after xbox was done with joe danger 2. Man I was very very angry. But had lots of fun with the first one though.. not gonna even bother with JD2 free or not.

+ klassymike on March 11th, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

@ kazyme
We know what they get but we also understand there are licensing deals for each region. Get over it! If you want those games that they get, either open an EU account or just go buy the games. BTW, we got VANQUISH so you can take that off your list. Also if you would read past blogs, you would know it’s been answered over and over again as to why we get different games than the other regions do…..STOP WHINING!!!

+ ojha_cojek on March 11th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

@139 + boomstickbhg

your argument is my argument :) If you are a serious gamer with money on your hands than you will buy enough mem cards to support your saves and will care that your game has been up to date as you are really focusing on the game you want to play.
As for the casual gamer, he will buy less of the card play one or two games and have his saves on cloud and he could not care less if there is update for the game or not as he will surely not see or encounter a bug unless it is a game breaker.

+ grbolivar on March 11th, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

Prince of Persia Trilogy for 20 bucks???? Count me in! :D

+ ichigo9996 on March 11th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

great month for ps+ owners, can´t wait for disgaea 3 :)

+ grbolivar on March 11th, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

@117
OMG I would kill for Red Dead Redemption on IGC…. please please please give us RDR!!!!

+ boomstickbhg on March 11th, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

@143

We can use memory cards on the PS3 now? Didn’t know they added that feature.

I’ve used the USB drive to back up saves before, but there are many games that won’t let you do that (copy protect)

Therefore the only way for a serious gamer to back up hundreds of saves (or more) is to use the 1GB Cloud saves that comes with Plus.

That’s the opposite of what you’re saying. A Serious gamer who can’t back up saves unless they have Plus… (auto-update isn’t optional either, there are Demos, Beta etc… that only get added to your PS3 if auto-update is on, I’ve missed out on those before). Beta’s are usually something for a more serious gamer than a casual one.

So my arguement is firmly that there are mulitple reasons that Plus caters to the Hardcore/serious gamer and these features have no alternative.

+ four24twenty on March 11th, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

Petz Hamsterz Bunch for PSP for $14.69! Heck Ye…..wait, what?

+ SHAVEZ on March 11th, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

@Morgan If I buy the 1 year PS+ Subscription for $9.99 through the PSN will I get the $10 bonus? I’m planning on renewing my subscription, but not sure if I should go for another 3 months or a year and get a $10 discount. Thanks!

+ SHAVEZ on March 11th, 2013 at 2:57 pm said: