LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Plus: Joe Danger 2 Free for Members, Huge Ubisoft Sale

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Mar 11, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Last week, we announced March’s Instant Game Collection additions for PlayStation Plus members. Spec Ops: The Line led the charge, and this week, you’re going to want to channel your inner Evel Knievel, as Joe Danger 2: The Movie, is next to come your way free as a PlayStation Plus member. The folks over at Ubisoft also have some spectacular deals prepped, including discounts on the long awaited Online Multiplayer Pack for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

March 12th PlayStation Plus Update

Joe Danger 2: The Movie

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

Take Joe Danger on a death-defying thrill ride across the set of the greatest blockbuster movie ever made. Chase crooks on your police bike, destroy laser firing robots with a stolen jetpack, escape giant boulders in a minecart, time-travel to punch dinosaurs and divert the nuclear missiles on your unicycle. Yes, it’s as awesome as it sounds.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World Ultimate Edition

20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.99)

The fan-favorite, 2D retro styled side scrolling beat em’ up is back and better than ever! This new release includes the original Scott Pilgrim vs. The World game, plus the Knives Chau Add-On Pack and the Online Multiplayer + Wallace Pack; all at a new release 20% discount for PS Plus Members. For fans that already have the game, you’ll be able to get the Online Multiplayer + Wallace Pack at a discount; detailed below.
Scott Pilgrim DLC: Wallace Wells Add-On Pack

20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $3.99)

The long awaited online multiplayer experience, packed with a new playable character, Wallace Wells, Scott’s hilarious roommate, is finally here! With this Add-On, you’ll be able to invite up to 3 players in a private match or host a public match for online co-op gameplay. You can also jump in a game via the quick join option. The best part? All players gain XP and level up while playing. Get on it this week with a limited time 20% discount for PS Plus members.
Ubisoft Sale

Various Discounts for PS Plus members

In addition to the Scott Pilgrim Ultimate Edition new release discount, our friends at Ubisoft went to town on discounting an incredible lineup of games. The Ubisoft sale applies a 30% discount for all of PSN, but PS Plus members will get a 50% discount on these titles. You can also read up about the sale from the PS Blog post earlier this morning.
Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines (PSP) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Driver ’76 (PSP) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Tom Clancy’s EndWar (PSP) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PSP) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Essentials (PSP) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood Old West Pack (Add-on) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
The Expendables 2 Videogame: All Characters Full Upgrade (Add-on) $2.99 $2.09 $1.46
Shoot Many Robots 600,000 nuts (Add-on) $4.99 $3.49 $2.44
Shoot Many Robots 1,500,000 nuts (Add-on) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

Keep leaving us your thoughts on the new format, and of course, chime in with your thoughts on Joe Danger 2: The Movie, and the other discounts available to you as a PS Plus member. If you’d like to get more involved with the PS Plus community, head over to the PS Plus section in the PlayStation Community Forums and chat more about PS Plus, or anything else that tickles your fancy. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 3-12-13

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ bgood82 on March 12th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

Got all excited about Joe Danger 2 and logged on to download the game and its not there. Any ideas?

+ klassymike on March 12th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

The store hasn’t updated yet. It usually updates late in the evening between 6-9 p.m. eastern…sometimes earlier, sometimes even later. There is no set time

+ The_Dukenator on March 12th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Not til later today. Store hasn’t been updated.

+ Demonhunter84 on March 12th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Probably get Assassins Creed Bloodlines for $13. Was hoping for some of the Assassin Creed games for PS3 be on sale but it’s good sale.

+ Soleiko on March 12th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

Why are three year old psp games still 30 bucks? I think my daughter would love that hamster game, but really? Yes it is on sale I know, but really?

+ HIhi2442 on March 12th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Nothing for me this week, which is a good thing since I have a 50+ game backlog I’m working on right now.

+ yesimasian2 on March 12th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

I’m liking the direction PS Plus is going these days very much! An emphasis on discounts instead of FREE FREE FREE is a much better approach, as well as the monthly updates! Keep it up! :)

+ khaledseif1 on March 12th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Morgan:
Sooner or later PSN plus subscripers will run out of hard drive space. Noone will be interested in removing a single game and redownload it later. Do you have any plans to develop a backup utility to backup selected games. This option is available to people with pirated consoles so it does not make sense not to offer it for us as it is possible to achieve with min effort..

+ dinkin-flicka on March 12th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

Good update. Still eagerly anticipating Disgaea 3 though.

+ Mr_Savage11 on March 12th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

Meh…

+ viceforce on March 12th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

Joe Danger 2 is Free now. I’m Downloading it.

+ viceforce on March 12th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

@258 There is a Backup Ulitlty on the PS3 but to do that you need an external and internal hard drives. You back up your data onto the external hard drive, then you take out your old internal hard drive and put in your new internal hard drive. After the PS3 will format the new hard drive then finally you put in the external hard drive and then restore your back up. You would have everything in place + additional space.

+ realist38116 on March 12th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

my Playstaion plus page hasn’t updated with any of this content. Is there a way to force it to update or do I just wait?

+ klassymike on March 12th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

Thestore has not updated yet. It’s just waiting now.

+ klassymike on March 12th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

Store has updated. Downloading Joe Danger 2 now.

+ BunnySavior on March 12th, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

Huge Ubisoft Sale, I don’t see any Rocksmith DLC on sale. $2.99 a pop for a song is too much, a sale on those DLC’s would have been nice, and huge. :(

+ blackKaka on March 12th, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

I’m New York, vita store looks the same, no price change…

+ klassymike on March 12th, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

@ blackKaka
Go to the Playstation Plus part. They are all there….or should be.

+ Mutsu_Enmei_Ryuu on March 12th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

I just have one question: why is it always assumed that PS Vita owners necessarily own a PS3 as well? Barely anything for Vita this week…. I know there isn’t a big library yet but evenly updating for Vita would be nice. Rather than having a few games one week, then nothing for next one or two.

+ blackKaka on March 12th, 2013 at 3:26 pm said:

Go it, thanks klassymike!

+ sajohn16 on March 12th, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

@Morgan Great Update But Somethings Been Bothering Me For A While, PS Where is The Dragon Ball Z For Download And Naruto Im Sure If These Games Where Uploaded Free For Psplus Users There Will Be A Massive Spike In Users Looking To Go And Renew There’re Psplus Memberships All I See IS Some Lame Games so Far For The Psplus Users More Popular Games Are In Demand And Make It Available For The US And Other Countries Thnx And Cheers :)

+ rahman20k on March 12th, 2013 at 6:40 pm said:

Finally the store updates with decent timing.

+ Shadow_Enz on March 12th, 2013 at 7:20 pm said:

Who doesn’t like free games?

Some opinions:

Scott Pilgrim DLC — Too late, too pricey. $0.99 tops, otherwise online multiplayer should’ve been an included feature or a free patch. Also, Wallace (or any extra character) is worth about that much, especially with that initially stolen Sonic sprite.

Karateka – Worth about $1.99
Hydrophobia – I enjoyed it, even at more than $3
I Am Alive – Worth about $2.99
Shoot Many Robots — Worth about $1.99

After having a lot of games that end up going on sale for Plus (like, getting them on sale for plus only to later see them going for free on Plus) I’ve become more hesitant and cautious about buying a game that is on sale with a PLUS discount. Consider this when putting games on sale; consider the long-term plans. Sure it’s nice and convenient with regards to losses when putting a game many Plus users already have, on sale, but then it devalues Plus for those consumers. Insert variety. If you throw a game on sale with a discount, don’t drop it for free and instead introduce other games for free.

+ KiritoXion on March 12th, 2013 at 11:00 pm said:

Mmm. I did waiting other games or discounts and WTF? I want Tekken 6 for PS3 come on T_T

+ trum3n1 on March 12th, 2013 at 11:18 pm said:

I just played that Joe Danger game and it’s totally garbage. Another wasted week. Please don’t put these bad games in PS+ offer anymore. Also, I don’t get why you guys give me PS Vita games if I paid for PS+ on PS3, not on PS Vita. Why don’t you give me more PS3 games instead of PS Vita games which I don’t need. If I wanted PS+ for Vita, I’d buy Vita and get it. You should make + separate for PS3 and Vita, and give more games instead.

+ passivefamiliar on March 13th, 2013 at 4:57 am said:

Its sad to see people complain so much about whats free and what they think should be. Kids these days are way to ungrateful. Its depressing. Your getting games for nothing (essentially) enjoy it. If you dont like a particular game move on with your life. It was FREE. I got an idea for a new rule, complain about horrible free game. Loose plus. Thats alot better of an idea than most these people.

I only want the store to update with a more regular time frame, its to random. Even if it was set at 6pm, KNOWING it was set would be nice.

But i’m happy with anything free. Gives me a chance to try new things.

+ bauckster on March 13th, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

Does anyone know if the PoP Classic game remake includes an original version as well with retro graphics? My guess is that it just the updated graphics. but I wasn’t sure. Anyway, less than $5 seems like a pretty good deal. Anyone else try this one and have an opinion?

Definitely excited about Joe Danger the movie, and I also just wanted to say I approve of the new format of listing games for the whole month with weekly updates. Keep up the good work, guys!

+ Carlos_Rorschach on March 13th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

hi there, I´m from México and mi store shows the ubisoft games but with regular price in vita titles, it´s an error or the discounts doesn´t aply in México?

Greetings

+ klassymike on March 13th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

Sale is for North America…last I heard Mexico was not in North America….

+ Carlos_Rorschach on March 13th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

mh? México, Canada and US, are north America, but beyond your ignorance,
our blog, has announced the same offers, but it doesn´t appear as it, that´s the reason I´m asking here

+ Dark_x66 on March 13th, 2013 at 6:51 pm said:

im lost, those
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World Ultimate Edition
will run on vita or only ps3???

+ Dark_x66 on March 13th, 2013 at 6:52 pm said:

Carlos_Rorschach i recomend you use a vpn to conect to us market thats the best way to get us promotions.

+ Carlos_Rorschach on March 13th, 2013 at 7:01 pm said:

to Dark_x66: it seems to be an issue in mexican store, the adminds here answered us to be fixin it, even ubisoft México told us something similar, the promotion is valid here, but there´s a problem, hope gets fixed quickly.

Greetings

+ Dark_x66 on March 13th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

yes some times happens, i live outside us and when im not overe there i apply dns for my internetconection and will think im over usa, try that insted of waiting.

+ lupitap on March 14th, 2013 at 8:16 pm said:

Hey, Morgan, I’ve got a 1 month PS+ code. It requires a US Credit Card, which I don’t have. It’ll expire on the 30th. Is there any way you could help me so I can redeem it?
Thanks in advance!

+ mackenzy67 on March 15th, 2013 at 6:59 am said:

Looking forward to disgaea3

+ mer2329 on March 18th, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

PS+ needs more content for those who like RPGs, people like me
as such one of the best games i ever got on plus is Gravity Rush for the vita (i have both ps3 and vita subscriptions)
if more content i like is not released i may just cancel and buy the games, and not feel rushed to beat them.

+ intrigue169 on March 20th, 2013 at 9:00 pm said:

I just got to say that Sony loves its EU Plus customers way more than the American Plussers. Month after month the EU guys get way better games than the American ones. Games like Mass Effect 3, Batman, Red Dead Redemption, Sleeping Dogs just to name a few within the past few months.

Sure we got the EU “B” rated game Vanquish and that ended up being the American “A” rated game for the month.
I thought Plus was a great deal until I saw what Plus gives other countries.

Sony just doesn’t love its American customers nearly as much as its European ones.

I think it is BS that Sony does not give the same to everyone

+ naweedie789 on March 20th, 2013 at 10:18 pm said:

Can you guys put some bigger titles like GTA IV for example I think that would be much better. =)

+ superfunstudio on March 21st, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Rayman Origins Vita–Not on sale.
Thanks.

+ brainfried999 on March 27th, 2013 at 1:56 am said:

I want to post how I love the free PS+ games, really I do. But so far……

PAGE 1 4 5 6