PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Goes Asynchronous, New Courses & Characters (Kat!)

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar + Posted by Tsubasa Inaba on Mar 14, 2013 // Senior Producer, International Software Development

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: New Courses and Characters

If you haven’t played Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational in a while, now is the time! As some of you may already know, we recently released a feature update (patch 1.05). This long awaited update adds the following features:

Turn Based Challenge

Too busy to join a tournament online at a given time/date? Not to worry! By introducing this “Turn Based Challenge” mode, you can now challenge your friends in an asynchronous competition and play head to head, hole by hole.

Players can now also set up 20 different parallel games at any given time. To avoid cheating, there are no re-dos, similar to Daily Tourneys. Short messages (like SMS) are also now enabled, as well as competitive score history between friends.

Additional gameplay updates include:

• Four-player stroke mode enabled in the multiplayer rooms.
  • A slot mode added to the online/adhoc, enabling a slot machine style handicap system applied per hole to keep the game interesting in case there is an imbalance between player skills.
  • We’ve also added a new visual lobby in the online space, and tweaked the game balance a little bit.

DLC Content

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: Mt Sakura

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: Northern FoxHot Shots Golf World Invitational: Mar Cielo

The classic Mt. Sakura returns from Hot Shots Golf Fore!, great for advanced and novice players alike. Those of you who have been with us over the years can reminisce, while those of you who are just joining us can experience some of our great courses from the past. Another course we are bringing back is Northern Fox. This too is a novice-friendly course, but don’t be fooled — there are some tricky course designs here and there. Both Mt. Sakura and Northern Fox have been revamped completely and look great in today’s resolution standards.

Last but not least, we’re also adding a brand new golf course named Mar Cielo. Surrounded by emerald green waters, this pretty beach resort style golf course is sure to keep the intermediate and advanced players challenged. Don’t get too relaxed on this beautiful golf resort, and watch for the landscapes and obstacles we’ve thrown in there.

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: KatHot Shots Golf World Invitational: ErikaHot Shots Golf World Invitational: Gloria

We’re also adding new characters to the game: Erika, Gloria, and Kat from the PS Vita fan-favorite Gravity Rush. Kat is very much intrigued with her discovery of golf, and is gravitating to the sport with a great deal of curiosity.

These new courses and characters will be available next Tuesday when PlayStation Store updates. Each character will cost $0.99, with the courses going for $2.99 apiece. You’ll be able to grab the whole set for $11.99, and PlayStation Plus members will get 25% off that price, bringing it down to $8.99.

So once again, a big thanks to everyone for your patience. We’re happy to finally offer the extended features and DLC available on Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational. Happy golfing!

76 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Zezzler on March 14th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

I picked up this game during one of the awesome PSN sales over the holidays, and it’s a blast! This new DLC looks really cool, and I’ll be sure to pick it along with the new PSASBR characters next week.

+ Jakintosh on March 14th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Spring is the perfect time of year to get back into this game. It’s awesome that you guys are giving us a bunch of new content (Mt. Sakura!), and it reminds me why this game is one of the reasons I bought a Vita at launch last year :D

+ Folgers66 on March 14th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Kat is “gravitating” to the sport…I see what you did there.

This looks like an awesome batch of DLC for a fantastic game.

+ Bowstar on March 14th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

I played this game so much for the first few months I had a Vita. Having new characters and new courses will be a nice reason to go back in. Any word on if the new characters are Novice, Intermediate, and/or Expert?

+ Edzo04ps on March 14th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

wow this is surprisingly awesome dlc

+ Branc- on March 14th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Is there any chance of you guys ever adding hot seat multiplayer?

+ Reluctant-Hero on March 14th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

Glad to see that HSG:WI is receiving some much needed DLC love!

+ barker09 on March 14th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

I might have to pick this game up, I love a good golf game.

+ johnnyp70 on March 14th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

I have loved Hot Shots from it first days on the PSOne. However, I will never understand the fascination with the teenage girls in short skirts in that game. But, I will probably get the courses.

+ rafael_martines on March 14th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

What about PS3 version? Any news about the localization?

+ bany_rock on March 14th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

i spent several hours when this game came out, its addictive and so much fun! when it was put on sale on PSN i traded my physical copy with a friend lol and bought it online , but could´t play it since then cause the lack of space on my 16 gb vita card, this is a good reason to make space for it! awesome!

+ Gorvi on March 14th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Awesome, I’ve been meaning to start playing HSG: WI again and this looks like a good reason to get back into it. :)

+ XtemmA2 on March 14th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Kyaaa… more cuties! too bad my wallet is not enough, thanks to earlier PSN Vita anniversary discounts. i am now having so much regret not picking HSG when it was just about $9. T_T

+ AwRy108 on March 14th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Day-one purchase for me! Such a great Vita game, would love to double-dip and buy the digital version, but SONY is still being incredibly greedy with the Memory Card prices.

Also, please work with Clap Hanz to bring a new Hots Shots Tennis to the Vita :-)

+ BigFreezy1975 on March 14th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Great game.. wasn’t into the series like that until a friend encouraged me to try it out. Must admit it’s pretty fun! Playing head to head is really cool..

+ RoyalXIII on March 14th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

I’m loving all the Gravity Rush love lately!

+ DaGimp13 on March 14th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

wish this was announced yesterday, would have purchased it as I had $20 on my account, but bought Lumines Electronic Symphony last night. also factoring in theres to be a Cross-Play Hot Shots Golf 6 coming to NA soon, it doesn’t entice me to purchase this DLC at the PS+ sale price, had it been 7.99, we’d be talking.

+ CrusaderForever on March 14th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Incredible, I bought Hot Shots back in 2/12 and played it a little bit and enjoyed it. Just a month ago I started playing it more and got lost in the Challenges!!! This is truly a great golfing experience. So happy to see some very impressive DLC being offered. The PS+ price is so much appreciated. Thank you very much!

+ CrazyGuy62 on March 14th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

can’t wait for this title to be localized for the PS3 :)

+ Fate_Sxber on March 14th, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

One of my favorite vita games to date. Recently platinumed it so this new dlc will bring the excitement back. Can’t wait to play as Kat and pick up these new courses!

+ TJF588 on March 14th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

Sheesh, makes me wish I had a Vita. I do have the complete version of Out of Bounds, though. Any chance we might see a trophy patch (or some core functionality; does OoB have this turn-based tourney biz?) some time?

+ onslaughtree on March 14th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Wow, this is a plesant surprize. Good to see well thought DLC being added. @ $8.99 I think that I will pick this up. thanks, also when will we see a Hot Shots Tennis for Vita ?

+ shb23 on March 14th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

Please assure me that buying Kat makes Dusty run around being awesome while she sets up her shot and swings.
If not, how much money must I stuff into an envelope and mail to your house to make this happen?

+ dodgedoors on March 14th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

I love this game, bought it when it was 7.39 in december. I play this about 2 hours a week still. I would play more but I have gotten stuck on the last round and +1 bunker and even more evil + 1 rough are driving me positively mad. For the life of me I also can’t do the trick shots like rising and homing. And don’t get me started on crowns.

The game is so difficult if you have 25% of the trophies as I do, you get an A on PSN profiles. Average completion is 14%.

All this being said it is in my top 3 vita games, and I will be playing it for years to come. Looking forward to the dlc at 8.99 I’ll buy it all.

+ dodgedoors on March 14th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

Fate, you have the Plat? I bow to you my God/Goddess. I wish I could know how the heck you did it. Those crowns can be so darn tough.

+ derede1 on March 14th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

What!? WHAT!? No way! Finally! :D

+ Fate_Sxber on March 14th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

@25 Hi dodge, yes I got the plat a couple days ago, but I have had the game for while. Yes the crowns are tough, but they came eventually. Personally I found completing all of the crowns the most difficult thing to achieve, but after getting all of the crowns the Plat came pretty fast.

+ krae_man on March 14th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

DLC for a year old game?

I’ll probably still bite and try them out.

Any Trophies with the DLC?

+ Kodakvil on March 14th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH! I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS DLC BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SUCH A LONG TIME! haha I was worried we weren’t going to get the DLC thanks again! :D

@26 there is no Trophies with the DLC sadly :(

+ gus_xl on March 14th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in..

+ jibjab79 on March 14th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Eh, they are kinda over doing it with Kat, aren’t they? Gravity Rush, then Playstation All-Stars was a nice touch… but a Golf game? No Sony no, bad Sony.

+ RE_Player on March 14th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Been playing this game for months and been loving it, best Hot Shots in my opinion by far. Was going to buy any and all content that was going to released anyway but seeing Kat become playable is making me count down the days and buy a PSN card to get ready!

+ onslaughtree on March 14th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

@ 31, I disagree. Every 1st party sony title has a character that gamers resonate with. Me, Its Drake. I was a huge Tomb Raider fan, so Drake kinda has a soft spot in my heart with the adventuring. Kat is a nice character, plus she is Female. There are not too many strong female characters for female gamers to get attached to in gaming these days. Devolopers are seeing that and are changing. and if sony can position Kat as a strong lead, female gamers will gravitate to her “see what I did there”…And if you look at the digital sales of both PSASBR & Gravity Rush, plus the warm welcome of Katt got as DLC for PSASBR, Kat is a hit with gamers.

+ chrisishizu on March 14th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

@31 … disagree too … Kat is a good welcome to HotShots Golf. Shiro, Sack boy and even Kratos joined in HotShots Golf OB too, I think its a good idea to put them as cameos.

Good to see Erika and Gloria macking a comeback ; D can´t wait for the DLC. This is the game that I play the most since March 2012, when I got it together with my Vita

+ BlindMango on March 14th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Kat is so awesome, I hope we see another Gravity Rush on Vita or possibly PS4

+ tusunami on March 14th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

I’m happy to see new content for the game, haven’t played in awhile gotta get back into it. Also excellent discount for PS Plus members!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Mutsu_Enmei_Ryuu on March 14th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Finally!!! Been waiting for a while! Never thought I’d get so much into this game :D Nice to play online with new tournament rules.

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 14th, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

I’ll definitely be picking this up! I bought this game last year and played it quite a bit, and now definitely seems like a good time to pick it back up. Oh and will we be getting new caddies with the new courses?

P.S. @Fate_Sxber good job with that platinum!

P.P.S. I’ll be sure to bring some extra socks in case I get a hole in one :p

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 14th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

Also it would be pretty cool if we could upload/share replays : ) just a suggestion

+ jose213jose on March 14th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

that is 100% buy for me now, i had plan to stop playing the game but sense kat is in it now; i change my mind. :)

+ guitarded77 on March 14th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

This is the first game I bought for my Vita… may have to check out the DLC. More trophies with the DLC would be a good incentive.

+ Kaddyshacks on March 14th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

Oh man, FINALLY!! I’ve been waiting months and months for any kind of word about the Kat DLC coming stateside, and now it’s finally here! Awesome! Thank you!

+ PrinceofXIII on March 14th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

awesome :)

+ DJ_Tomato on March 14th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

Awesome, i was going to pick the full dlc pack, but NO TROPHIES? Nope SONY
NOPE

Just picking KAT~

+ Heatseeker125 on March 14th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

lol. The character cast is really dominated by Caucasian blonde women, including the little girl who is probably just very tan because she is from Hawaii. There are like six of them now. I know we can change the default hair color but still kinda strange…

+ GnomeWizard on March 14th, 2013 at 2:14 pm said:

you guys should add DLC more often:D people love HSG :P

+ zepified on March 14th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

YES FINALLY!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO many people have been waiting for this AND so many people thought this would never come. This will bring a lot of people back too… me especially…. and I’ll now be playin’ the **** out of this game everyday!!!!

Thanx ClapHanz, I can’t tell you how great you are and THANX for listening to my ranting letters begging for this content. I had a feeling it would show up one day… there was too much new content just sitting there going unappreciated by too many US fans. Thank you again!

+ kcku0527 on March 14th, 2013 at 2:59 pm said:

I love this game, glad that I can finally get some DLC. Now if we could just get its predecessors here on PSN that would be awesome.

Spring Sale, maybe kick it off with the introduction of all the past Hot Shots Golf games to PSN? Just an idea Sony, I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to play those.

+ cat9966 on March 14th, 2013 at 3:03 pm said:

I have a suggestion. How about adding a tutorial and detailed help. I got it during one of the sales and gave up after a few courses. There is no documentation beyond the very basics.

+ Elvick_ on March 14th, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

It’s about damn time. Been waiting for Kat for ages.

Now, how about some Gravity Rush avatars? And a PS3 dynamic theme? :D