PS4 - Destiny

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Goes Asynchronous, New Courses & Characters (Kat!)

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar + Posted by Tsubasa Inaba on Mar 14, 2013 // Senior Producer, International Software Development

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: New Courses and Characters

If you haven’t played Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational in a while, now is the time! As some of you may already know, we recently released a feature update (patch 1.05). This long awaited update adds the following features:

Turn Based Challenge

Too busy to join a tournament online at a given time/date? Not to worry! By introducing this “Turn Based Challenge” mode, you can now challenge your friends in an asynchronous competition and play head to head, hole by hole.

Players can now also set up 20 different parallel games at any given time. To avoid cheating, there are no re-dos, similar to Daily Tourneys. Short messages (like SMS) are also now enabled, as well as competitive score history between friends.

Additional gameplay updates include:

• Four-player stroke mode enabled in the multiplayer rooms.
  • A slot mode added to the online/adhoc, enabling a slot machine style handicap system applied per hole to keep the game interesting in case there is an imbalance between player skills.
  • We’ve also added a new visual lobby in the online space, and tweaked the game balance a little bit.

DLC Content

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: Mt Sakura

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: Northern FoxHot Shots Golf World Invitational: Mar Cielo

The classic Mt. Sakura returns from Hot Shots Golf Fore!, great for advanced and novice players alike. Those of you who have been with us over the years can reminisce, while those of you who are just joining us can experience some of our great courses from the past. Another course we are bringing back is Northern Fox. This too is a novice-friendly course, but don’t be fooled — there are some tricky course designs here and there. Both Mt. Sakura and Northern Fox have been revamped completely and look great in today’s resolution standards.

Last but not least, we’re also adding a brand new golf course named Mar Cielo. Surrounded by emerald green waters, this pretty beach resort style golf course is sure to keep the intermediate and advanced players challenged. Don’t get too relaxed on this beautiful golf resort, and watch for the landscapes and obstacles we’ve thrown in there.

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: KatHot Shots Golf World Invitational: ErikaHot Shots Golf World Invitational: Gloria

We’re also adding new characters to the game: Erika, Gloria, and Kat from the PS Vita fan-favorite Gravity Rush. Kat is very much intrigued with her discovery of golf, and is gravitating to the sport with a great deal of curiosity.

These new courses and characters will be available next Tuesday when PlayStation Store updates. Each character will cost $0.99, with the courses going for $2.99 apiece. You’ll be able to grab the whole set for $11.99, and PlayStation Plus members will get 25% off that price, bringing it down to $8.99.

So once again, a big thanks to everyone for your patience. We’re happy to finally offer the extended features and DLC available on Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational. Happy golfing!

76 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ EyesBleedNoSleep on March 14th, 2013 at 3:36 pm said:

For $8.99 PS Plus members get 3 course & 3 characters?!?! Day One DL for me! Thank You SONY for the great deal & Thank You Clap Hanz on another great installment of the Hot Shots Series! ^_^

+ valves582 on March 14th, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

Many of us gave up on the DLC then all the sudden version 1.05 comes out… and now this! Woot! Buying Day 1!

+ KnifingGrimace on March 14th, 2013 at 5:10 pm said:

I’ve never been too interested in golf, but I’ve always loved the adorable way Hot Shots Golf characters look. It’d be a blast to play another type of game using the same character designs, or integrating designs like these into Playstation Home.

+ iamkoza on March 14th, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

So 3 chars @ $0.99 and 3 courses @ $2.99…. = $11.94… they say the bundle is $11.99 a little disappointed the complete set isnt discounted at least a buck or so

+ Taiko_us1983 on March 14th, 2013 at 6:09 pm said:

Can’t wait to pick up the DLC. Love to see more golf courses, either new or classic (from previous HSG), as future DLC. Please make it happen.

+ zepified on March 14th, 2013 at 8:13 pm said:

I forgot to ask how big (MB) all of this new DLC is?? Given the size of the game as it is right now, with the various updates & patches, this new DLC (3 characters and 3 courses) is going to make the game overall take up quite a bit of space on any MS.

So if it’s possible, I’d like to know how large this DLC will be so that I can rearrange and or make room for this awesome new DLC… which btw… since I didn’t mention it before… I am buying on day #1 for sure 110%!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that… I can’t wait until next week!! I’ll be counting the hours.

+ avluis on March 14th, 2013 at 8:15 pm said:

I love you Kat, much more than Sony and my PSVita combined. But I must love my PSVita also, since you live in that sort of world. Now where is Gravity Rush 2, I hope that you are defying the laws of gravity there are well sometime soon on my PSVita, are you listening Sony?!

+ phatmillips on March 14th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

I dont get the DLC pricing

.99 cents a character, 2.99 a course

i can only see 3 characters (effectively 3 dollars) + 2 courses (6 dollars) – 3+6 = 9 dollars

Full pack is 11.99, why would I do that – unless I’m missing some DLC here its the same price as the PS+ if I bought everything individually

+ phatmillips on March 14th, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

Ah nevermind, 3 courses – so you would be instead 12 dollars if you bought individually so PS+ gets 1 course for free // I wish you could edit your posts :p

+ sepherlawls on March 14th, 2013 at 9:53 pm said:

Excited for dis.

+ JeanLucAwesome on March 14th, 2013 at 9:59 pm said:

Kat, the official mascot of the Vita! or at least she should be!

+ kdiep on March 14th, 2013 at 10:40 pm said:

Does this game have Kratos? Or is it only for PS3?

+ Mahou_86 on March 15th, 2013 at 1:22 am said:

no shot a sale on the game itsself will come back is there? ai would have bought it in a heartbeat last wrek if i knew this then…

+ inSiderNextZ on March 15th, 2013 at 3:13 am said:

Add Jak!!!

+ dh4645 on March 15th, 2013 at 5:20 am said:

kat is so hot. platinumed HSG WI and sold it a while back. (also plat’ed gravity rush)

no more kat for me unless there is a sequel.

luckily no new trophies, so it’ll still stay at 100%

+ FriedConsole on March 15th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

Awesome on new courses!! The mutliplayer is a lot of fun once it gets going but the waiting around in the lobbies is not. Not sure what could be done in a sequel.

+ CaptainRadical on March 15th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Is there any way to play the turn based MP with non friends? If not anyone looking for a game is more than welcome to friend me up and get a game going.

+ Tengaport on March 15th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

sigh… wish I grabbed this when it was on sale on PSN. I have a retail copy, but prefer to not have to keep switching carts with Persona 4 if possible. Went to pick it up from PSN yesterday but saw the game was $35!?!?! Can we at least match the retail price of $20?

Anyhow, kudos on supporting the title with new DLC – looking forward to it.

+ Anglefan84 on March 15th, 2013 at 5:20 pm said:

Finally !
I loved this new.
I love my psn plus account !
Visit our hot shots golf world invitational facebook page!

+ DRAQ-520 on March 15th, 2013 at 10:07 pm said:

I’m not a big fan of golf games, but Kat is awesome, so I’ll add this game to my to be purchased list :D

+ Lasdrub on March 15th, 2013 at 10:58 pm said:

“Is there any chance of you guys ever adding hot seat multiplayer?”

I would also love to see this.

+ TALLglassofWATER on March 16th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

sackboy is cooler to golf with

+ shimisilotaku on March 17th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

Awesome game, love it

+ ong_bush on March 17th, 2013 at 11:59 pm said:

OMG YES PLS.

I’ll buy EVERYTHING

+ oddchange on March 18th, 2013 at 10:27 pm said:

While it is nice that there is some new DLC for HSG:WI for the Vita, it has been 5 years since HSG:OOB for the PS3 was released (3/18/2008). I’m getting a bit tired of playing the same 8 courses. EA manages to pump out a new TW game with 15-20 courses plus a fair amount of DLC every year. I don’t think it is too much to ask for a new HSG game plus a consistent supply of DLC over a 4 year time frame.

+ SeshiLord on March 19th, 2013 at 12:29 am said:

Can I use gravity powers?

PAGE 1 2