PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Plus: Venture into The Cave, Free for Plus Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Mar 18, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Spec Ops: The Line rocked your Instant Game Collection at the start of March, and Joe Danger 2: The Movie rode in last week. This week, you’ll find The Cave, as well as Tekken 6 available free for PlayStation Plus members. You’ll also find deals on fantastic games like Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, among others.

Don’t forget that the Get $10 For Every $50 Spent promotion is still on, but ending at the end of March. That means if you purchased a 1 year PS Plus membership at $49.99, you’re already set to get $10 back on or around April 12th. We’ll cover you on that extra penny. And yes, it’s stackable.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

March 19th PlayStation Plus Update

The Cave (PS3)

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

The Cave
The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions. Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.
Tekken 6 (PSP, Supported on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Tekken 6
Armed with the largest character roster ever in TEKKEN history, a robust single player game experience, countless mutiplayer and online options, and an addictive character customization system, the greatest fighting game franchise soars is here for PS Vita and PSP owners to add to their Instant Game Collection!

*Not available in Mexico

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

40% Discount for PS Plus members

Rocketbirds
Set out on a mission to assassinate the totalitarian penguin leader as Hardboiled Chicken. Destroy enemies with a slew of weapons and illuminate the secrets to his past while uncovering the real enemies of Albatropolis. Master fowl play in the co-op campaign as a pair of Budgie commandos on a mission to save the general’s daughter. Many lives will be destroyed, countless penguins will die!

• PS3 Version (PSN Price: $11.99; PS Plus Price: $7.19)
  • PS Vita Version (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.99)

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: New Courses and Characters

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Course and Character Pack

25% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $11.99; PS Plus Price: $8.99)

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is an incredibly fun and accessible golf experience on PS Vita. If you already have the game, here’s your chance to download all 3x characters (Erika, Gloria, & Kat) and 3x courses (Mt. Sakura, Northern Fox, & Mar Cielo). If you don’t have the game, you can add it to your download list here; then hop on this great deal for even more content. Read more about these Add-ons from the PS Blog’s post last week as well.

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on 3/19. Got more questions on Plus? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

Last Chance (Leaving on 3/26)

Instant Game Collection
Plants vs. Zombies (PS3 PS Vita)

Discounts
Scott Pilgrim Ultimate Edition
Scott Pilgrim Online Multiplayer + Wallace Pack

PlayStation Plus Update 3-19-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Aexuz on March 18th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

I was expecting Disgaea 3 for Vita this week T_T

+ ossiecastro5 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Nice. I’ve been waiting hours to see this update. I can’t wait to enter the cave!

+ UncannySilk on March 18th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Don’t you mean Plants vs. Zombies PSV?

Also, HOORAY THE CAVE! Been on a real Double Fine binge right now. working through re-beating Brütal Legend and Full Throttle.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 18th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Full Throttle was great! I think you’ll find the same smart writing and dialogue in The Cave as well.

Thanks for catching the typo as well; I’ll ask that it be corrected shortly.

+ SweetReLeaf on March 18th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Cool The Cave will be awesome, though i am hoping we get something.. a little more… well i am grateful but i hope whatever is replacing Plants Vs Zombies is great!

+ LabMember009 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

frig D3 is for last week of march oh well at least i have p4g

+ ItaChu on March 18th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Instant Game Collection
Plants vs. Zombies (PS3)

should say (PS Vita) Morgan :P

+ ResistanceGTA on March 18th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

Hey everyone,

Just a note, The Cave has a demo/trial that is the full game, so you can download that at the moment and just have to get the unlock tomorrow. Just so you know.

Glad to see this update, have been waiting. Good work.

+ ItaChu on March 18th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Man if only I had those 10 bucks from the Spend 50 promo :( I’d get Rocketbirds for Vita

+ jeffsmither on March 18th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Already have cave, But I might get everything else (including The DLC for Scott Pilgrim Online)

+ Still_Dreaming_ on March 18th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Plants vs Zombies PS3?
Should say Vita, right?

+ ItaChu on March 18th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

thanks #7

+ saab01 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Yes like others have said Plants Vs zombies is leaving for Vita not PS3.

I hope the cave is a good game it looks interesting to me hopefully we will see an early update tomorrow.

+ PhatMan3579 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

I was hoping for Disgaea 3 since I’m on break this week. That and I have Bioshock Infinite and RE6 to play on PC next week so now I won’t have time to indulge in it. Oh well, at least now I know when I’m getting it -_-

But thanks for The Cave! Been meaning to try it for a while

+ pachoman94 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

that plus games in Europe are so good and here we give these as simple

+ DJ_Tomato on March 18th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

I won’t ever buy a indie game.

Seriously im tired of this support indies crap

I bought rocketbirds on launch, and now it’s on 50%?

Give me back my 4 bucks Sony

+ PainOfSarrow on March 18th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

hey Morgan have a question for you. how do i know i spend 50$ on psn ? do i have to remember by heart or is there some notice to tell me i did ? also does it count if i have Zero in my wallet but when i checkout it says 15$ will automatic be put in ur wallet from your credit card. will that mean it still counts then ?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 18th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Yes it’ll count if funds are added to a Wallet with a $0 balance to complete a purchase.

The only way to track is to keep track on your end, I’m afraid. You should be getting emailed receipts of each transaction as well, so that’s probably your safest bet to track what you’ve spent so far.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on March 18th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Tekken would of been nice for tomorrow but Me no have psp. Sigh.
FarCry3 is keeping me busy so no worries.
GTA5 preordered, little bummed they moved it back to September.
Cave, eh not my style not looking to try it.
Spec Ops still going on that for now so no worries.

+ ARCADDER on March 18th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

I was hoping to see another week of VITA discounts, but it seems it won’t happen. Anyways I’m buying Need For Speed MW & DJMax Technika Tune! Also I’m exited for Tekken 6. Great week to everyone! :B

+ IzoGray on March 18th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

i am excite for Rocketbirds. will buy for vita. i love shank 2. could we please get a release window for guacamelee. pls respond.

posting from vita

+ nabilafzali02 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Can we get metal gear solid portable ops on vita please I want to complete my collection….and another thing Morgan can you guys mix vita plus schedule instead of waiting till the end of the month to give out games

+ Fardeenah on March 18th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

was expecting disgaea 3 but glad im gettign tekken 6. with tekken free on plus, its hard to buy dead or alive plus 5 coming 2mmo. tekken is so much better… looking forward for next store update

+ Gorvi on March 18th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Nice! I was iffy on The Cave after the demo but I’ll take it for free. Anyone know if you can do Ad-Hoc multiplayer with Tekken 6 between the PSP and Vita? I’d love to get some multi going with that at home, Tekken is one of the few fighting games my wife likes and the only game in the series we own is 3 for the PS1.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Thanks for the update. Wish I had waited for Rocketbirds Vita.

Anyway, here are some games I’d love to see in the IGC:

God of War (any/all games in the series; digital versions of GOW3 & Ascension)
Grand Theft Auto (any/all games in the series)
Metal Gear Solid (any/all games in the series; digital version of MGS4)
Rayman Origins (PS3/Vita)
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row 3
Uncharted (any/all games in the series)

Also, MGS Peace Walker (PSP) just got added to the Vita store. Can we get MGS Portable Ops on there too? It’s available in all regions except North America, and it’s also the only MGS game missing from my collection!

+ EvyatarAtarEvyat on March 18th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Hi Morgan,
Love the monthly update, very good week.
I just think you shouldn’t give every month a psp game,
I love getting psp games but just not every month maybe every 3 months or something like that.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 18th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Ah, finally, the two PS+ titles i was looking forward to. Can’t wait.

Thanks Morgan.

+ Ronarom on March 18th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

are we going to see any disney interactive discount anytime soon?

+ XtemmA2 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

any ps+ discount for doa5+?

+ Hoovalation on March 18th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Ah! Playstation Plus update, the only thing good about a Monday! :)

+ DonkeyKongKilla on March 18th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

@PainOfSarrow – Anytime you buy something it sends something to your email. I’m pretty sure it tells you though when your checking out and if it is bought then you can download it. When it automatically puts money into your wallet from the card then it auto buys it I think. But if you go to your account settings you can turn off the automatic funding so it’ll have to confirm with you every time before making a purchase.

+ lisatsunami on March 18th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

Is The Cave Yet Another Platformer? If so, I pass. The Skyrim DLC is so meaty that they will keep me occupodo for at least a couple more weeks.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 18th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

While it has platformer-esque elements, it’s set up in a way that is not your average game. The writing is fantastic, and the choose-your-own-adventure aspects of it make it quite unique. If you have the time, I recommend at least giving it a download and checking it out.

+ maxima24 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

This is the year for Plus, it has been getting better with different games.
Thanks Sony for hearing, then responding. (even if it took a while) Been a plus member from the start and have 3 years booked up with the last special.

$49.99 is the price of let’s say 3 PSN DL games. I own a Vita also. In if you stay a member you rack up so many games there is no way I could buy that many even if I don’t play them all there is alays more then $49.99 worth in a year that I do play. then I also own 2 PS3′s so double it again.

WIN=WIN

One HAPPY Plus member.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 18th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

Glad to hear it’s been a great service for ya! We’re only aiming to make it better as we go on; thanks for the comment.

+ Duffstuff on March 18th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Liking the monthly update but feels like we are still geared up to receive PSN content. You need to work on better Quality games SONY not just PSN titles.

+ xFuzylilManPeach on March 18th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

First DoA on my Vita this week, now Tekken 6 for free? SWEET! Thank you guys so much!

Very happy Plus member right here! :D

+ kivi95 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

15# Do you want your money back everytime a retail game gets a price drop after 2weeks?

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on March 18th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

@3

Can you imagine a Full Throttle HD for PSV and PS3 a la the MI games? I would insta buy them.

+ Squiggle55 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

The Cave is a fantastic free game. Thank you. This is going to be a lot of fun. I really like Double Fine. Costume Quest was spectacular.

+ TwinDad on March 18th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

I so can’t wait to play The Cave. I thought the 3rd week was the PSP game week if we get one. So next week should be super fun.

+ valoiz3386 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

The cave looks nice ( i love the Tim Burton Style) but also not offten play a lot puzzle games…. we need some nice RPGs or games u can play for long (no just 6-10 hours)… Joe Danger was like 3 hours to finish the main roads, and specs ops 1 day (spec ops was great btw ).

Some suggestions:
-Uncharter
- Mass Efect
- Fallout
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
-Borderlands

Also a MMA game could be nice.

No more shooters or puzzles please :(

+ TwinDad on March 18th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

@kivi95

That isn’t a great example as most stores do a price match for at least 7 days. So while not 2 weeks if it was a few days later he would get a refund. Retail stores offer this service, and I will also agree that some do not. But it’s isn’t a unvalidated request.

+ PainOfSarrow on March 18th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

ohhhh okay Morgan and DonkeyKongKilla. thanks for the info and Replies.

+ MyrequeArk on March 18th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

Hey Morgan, TTT2 next month? Make it happen please!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 18th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

TTT2? blanking on what that is at the moment.

+ MickeyWard09 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

I love all the great free content on Plus, and some awesome sales too, but for some reason I really appreciate getting PSP games. I like playing PSP games so much more on my Vita, and there are some good ones I missed when the first came out.

+ Fardeenah on March 18th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

TTT2 would be tekken tag tournament 2

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 18th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

ah, gotcha

+ Fardeenah on March 18th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

hey morgan how abt some rayman origins on the vita or ghost of sparta for the vita as ps plus addition. escape plan would be nice

+ rafael_martines on March 18th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

What about Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS3)? It’s a shame the japanese version Every Bodys Golf 6 (Vita) was launched for PS3 and nothing about the american version :(

+ MyrequeArk on March 18th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Yes, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Morgan.

+ mcloven12346 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

@ + Morgan Haro dear morgon hero i was wondering when the spring fevor sale is going to happen i know that u had one last year and the last year before that so im gussing u are going to have one this yr

+ JooRUN on March 18th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

I want lots of more game for Vita

+ NATHANNAEL on March 18th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Hi Morgan, have a question for you. I gotten a $50 PSN gift card from Gamestop and every time I tried to redeem amount off the card. It ask me if I want to add Funds off the card than after I select yes I get this ‘an error has occurred’ message. I call Fastcard first and I had no luck and then I call the Sony PSN number and no luck there ether. By the way this is the first time I ever had a problem with a PSN gift card.

PAGE 1 2 3 5