PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Plus: Venture into The Cave, Free for Plus Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Mar 18, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Spec Ops: The Line rocked your Instant Game Collection at the start of March, and Joe Danger 2: The Movie rode in last week. This week, you’ll find The Cave, as well as Tekken 6 available free for PlayStation Plus members. You’ll also find deals on fantastic games like Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, among others.

Don’t forget that the Get $10 For Every $50 Spent promotion is still on, but ending at the end of March. That means if you purchased a 1 year PS Plus membership at $49.99, you’re already set to get $10 back on or around April 12th. We’ll cover you on that extra penny. And yes, it’s stackable.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

March 19th PlayStation Plus Update

The Cave (PS3)

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

The Cave
The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions. Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.
Tekken 6 (PSP, Supported on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Tekken 6
Armed with the largest character roster ever in TEKKEN history, a robust single player game experience, countless mutiplayer and online options, and an addictive character customization system, the greatest fighting game franchise soars is here for PS Vita and PSP owners to add to their Instant Game Collection!

*Not available in Mexico

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

40% Discount for PS Plus members

Rocketbirds
Set out on a mission to assassinate the totalitarian penguin leader as Hardboiled Chicken. Destroy enemies with a slew of weapons and illuminate the secrets to his past while uncovering the real enemies of Albatropolis. Master fowl play in the co-op campaign as a pair of Budgie commandos on a mission to save the general’s daughter. Many lives will be destroyed, countless penguins will die!

• PS3 Version (PSN Price: $11.99; PS Plus Price: $7.19)
  • PS Vita Version (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.99)

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: New Courses and Characters

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Course and Character Pack

25% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $11.99; PS Plus Price: $8.99)

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is an incredibly fun and accessible golf experience on PS Vita. If you already have the game, here’s your chance to download all 3x characters (Erika, Gloria, & Kat) and 3x courses (Mt. Sakura, Northern Fox, & Mar Cielo). If you don’t have the game, you can add it to your download list here; then hop on this great deal for even more content. Read more about these Add-ons from the PS Blog’s post last week as well.

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on 3/19. Got more questions on Plus? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

Last Chance (Leaving on 3/26)

Instant Game Collection
Plants vs. Zombies (PS3 PS Vita)

Discounts
Scott Pilgrim Ultimate Edition
Scott Pilgrim Online Multiplayer + Wallace Pack

PlayStation Plus Update 3-19-2013

+ AmaterasuOkami1 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Nice update I miss playing Tekken 6 on my portable device haha.
I heard that The Cave was a pretty great platformer, so I’ll try it out myself. I shall get Rocketbirds on the PSV too. :)

+ Despair-Amit on March 18th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

Nice, been wanting to play The Cave…but really really wanted to get Disgaea 3 for the Vita and you guys are making me wait till the very end of the month lol. Still no way I can complain with these amazing games, thanks guys.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 18th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

Yep; we should be seeing Disgaea 3 next week

+ Klelslol on March 18th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

Hey Morgan, great update. Looking forward to playing Disgaea 3 next week for Vita. (so glad you guys decided to put up all the games that are going to be released at the beginning of the month. I do have a quick question though, not about PS+ but about the drop. Have you guys ever considered putting the add-ons that are going to be released as well into the posts, instead of just the games? Or would that be impossible?

+ CBas92 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

Hey Morgan. Trion Worlds announced the Defiance PS3 beta would be coming to PS+ subscribers tomorrow. Is that something that’s for certain?

+ johnnyp70 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

@PainofSorrow-You can check your transaction History both on the web and your PS3 under Account Management.

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 18th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

I’ll definitely be picking up the hot shots golf dlc and tekken 6, thanks plus team!

@PainOfSarrow what you can also do to check is go to account management—> transaction management—> transaction history and type march 1 for the start date.

@ ARCADDER I’m wondering if dj max technicka tune will go on sale anytime soon, I’ve been tempted to get it for a while now

+ KrisButtar on March 18th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

looking forward to the cave

i would like to suggest a copy/paste function on the vita for the web browser, if someone could move it up the chain where we could get it in a firmware update, would be awesome thank you.

+ four24twenty on March 18th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

The Cave is my favorite on the March list, hmmm….I choose the monk.

+ MickeyWard09 on March 18th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

@ #45/Fardeenah, Agreed, Ghost of Sparta would be awesome!

+ Ricen-Beans on March 18th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

What an awesome month for PS+ members!! The free games this month were incredible…enjoying Joe Danger at the moment.

Morgan: What i would like to see is more day one discounts on new releases. If there’s a game coming out that i absolutely want, i won’t hesitate to buy it if there is a discount on it day one.

As it is now, i always wait on buying games because there’s always the possibility of games being free or getting a discount later on (see rocketbirds…glad i waited on that one and now will buy it tomorrow)

+ xClayMeow on March 18th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

I wish there was a Vita demo for Rocketbirds, as I don’t have a PS3 to try it out.

+ duke301 on March 18th, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

Thanks for The Cave on Plus. I tried the demo when it first came out and really enjoyed it. Now I’m glad I didn’t buy it!

+ Todoh789 on March 18th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Hi can you please share what sales and discounts are gonna be available this week?

+ PainOfSarrow on March 18th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

johnnyp70 and BlueBl1zzard, Kooolll thanks i hade no Clue you can do that right from the ps3. thanks

+ script-br on March 18th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

I think you should specify in the post that you have to buy the subscription through your SEN Wallet or you won’t qualify for the promotion. I bought PS Plus outside of the store and only latter did I realized my mistake…

By the way, this month was great for PS Plus.

+ WoundedUnderwear on March 18th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Sorry but Spec Ops: The Line didn’t really rock my IGC. Until I start seeing games that EU PS PLUS are getting then its just another low budget PS3 Full game we been getting. I don’t understand how EU PS PLUS can get top budget full PS3 Games and US PS PLUS can’t. Please don’t give me this because the law are different. US SONY can do the same if they really try. I guess we aren’t that important to you as a customers.

As for the “THE CAVE” its the only PS PLUS I’m looking forward.

Why can’t we get some free JRPG FULL PS3 games. Lately it all been sports, shooters and fighting games. At lease try to mix things up.

+ krae_man on March 18th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

Can you please do something with Jeanne D’arc. It’s been sitting on PSN at it’s original $22.99 price completely ignored by Sony and Level 5 for the past like 4 years.

Add it to the Vita Instant game collection, price drop it, put it on sale for Plus members anything. I wan’t to play it again on my Vita without having to pay that rediculious 4 year old price.

Come on Sony. You need to do more with your back catelog then just throw it up on the store and forget it’s there.

+ Hurcn on March 18th, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

Can’t believe no disgaea this week : (

+ GGCAN on March 18th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

@16 – PainOfSarrow .

Not sure if someone already mentioned this.

You can track your spending as well, by going to Account management and Transactions.

There you can actually put in a start date and and end date to see what you have purchased for that period of time.

Works great too !

Hope that helps.

+ sdmf4ever on March 18th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

C’mon now!!! Where’s SLEEPING DOGS at!!!!! Waiting………………………………………………………..

+ GeneHunter on March 18th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Looking forward to the free games. Dunno if I will go for the discount though.

+ viceforce on March 18th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

@38 Borderlands was already on the IGC

+ Zezzler on March 18th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

The one thing that I am REALLY glad to see in this weeks update is a new PSP game for free! For us PS Vita owners, it’s great to get a chance to play such amazing psp games as Tekken 6, and the past PS+ offering Final Fantasy tactics. PLEASE add more PSP games to the Vita’s instant game collection in the near future! They are too few and far between in my opinion.

+ DesolatiionAngel on March 18th, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

“if you purchased a 1 year PS Plus membership at $49.99, you’re already set to get $10 back”

does that count for games that cost $49.99 or is it only for PS Plus ? ?

+ GoCanes89 on March 18th, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

Wish Tekken 6 and Plants Vs Zombies had Cross Play/Cross Save capability so I could carry my saves from PS3 over instead of having to start over.

+ fede01_8 on March 18th, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

Please, please, please, consider adding God of War 1 and 2 (or at least one of them) for the IGC! they must be easier to get than a new game, besides they are owned by Sony. And the timing is perfect!

+ macoleto on March 18th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

Nice one.

Hey Sony, is there any chance you can backport Kindle or any ebook reader for the PSVita?

It would be a killing feature for me :)

+ Mando44646 on March 18th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

Hmmm I might try the Cave since I keep hearing about it. I’d prefer better PSP games – like Tactics Ogre or 3rd Birthday, etc. Vita already has a ton of fighting games – it has very few strategy/RPGs

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 18th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

Well, Disgaea 3 is on the way, so that should scratch that itch =)

+ CrazyGuy62 on March 18th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

Ah The Cave! One of Double Fine’s Finest!! Can’t wait to see what’s up for next month!!

+ eggmiester28 on March 18th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

mmmm yay i guess

+ tusunami on March 18th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

This is cool can’t wait to check this out!!!!!!!!

+ superfriar19 on March 18th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

THANKS MORGAN!!!!!

I know quite a few people don’t like getting PSN titles on Plus but I love it. Great month for Plus!!! Thank you. Keep up the great work!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 18th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

@73 – Don’t forget that 3 of the 4 free PS Vita games that were given away on the Anniversary sales were PSP titles.

@74 – http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/26/psn-march-savings-get-10-for-every-50-spent/

1st comment page should help out with the replies.

+ Ryumoau on March 18th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

Not interested in Tekken at all, but thanks for giving us The Cave. Been interested in trying that.

+ jtmoney430 on March 18th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

It just figures. I’ve been debating Rocketbirds since it launched. Finally I bought it like three days ago. Now you say I would have saved $4 had I waited four measly days. That just sucks. Next week you’re gonna tell me Mud is on sale for 40% or more off. I just got that yesterday. I’m looking forward to that Nuns game tomorrow.

Morgan, is EDF permanently $30 now or will that get lifted soon?

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 18th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

@74 – From what i remember in the replies when the promotion was 1st posted. They said 49.99$ will cut it & on another reply they said it would apply on games, movies, subscriptions as well.

+ B66_butterfly on March 18th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Morgan question!
I purchased al star when it got on sale on the first day.. does the spend 50 get 10 back apply for me?
Because idk if i should get ps4 or wait.. u know id love to spend more money so i can get those 10 and buy even more!

Thank u !~!~!!

+ valoiz3386 on March 18th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

@69 yeah but i miss it :(

No RPG on my ps3 at the moment :(

+ DesolatiionAngel on March 18th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

@85 Thanks it just seems that when they say it they only say it for plus I will check those posts

+ Spyderzzz on March 18th, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

I’m STOKED for The Cave!

+ Rainwater on March 18th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

Hmmm…had a feeling Disgaea would be at the end of the month. I hate it when I’m right.

+ poodude on March 18th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

Wanted to pick up Rocketbirds when it landed on Vita a while back, so this discount is right up my alley! Looking forward to finally checking out The Cave as well. Great update!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 18th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

@B66_butterfly

al star? Did you by any chance meant, Playstation All-Stars? If so, was it the Vita discount, during the anniversary sales?

+ sic2291 on March 18th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

@85 Yep, there was those as well(included Patapon, forgot what else). Also Mega Man Maverick Hunter X for PSN+ from last month.

+ Malkavilis on March 18th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

Good update, as always!

In the future, why not add to Vita´s IGC, PSP games who can take advantage of Vita´s dual analogic sticks? Seriously, games like first person shooters, for example, are better to be played in Vita. Others, like Monster Hunter Freedom Unite becomes even better in Vita than in the PSP. I have some suggestions:

Resistance: Retribution,
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (of course),
N.O.V.A. – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance (PSP mini),
Gods Eater Burst,
Lord of Arcana,
and others.

Last, but not least, thanks for PS+ be so awesome.
Thanks a lot.

+ sic2291 on March 18th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

@84 I could be wrong but I think that’s a sale.

+ staticoverdub on March 18th, 2013 at 1:30 pm said:

So much whining on here…

I want Fallout 3 for free! If you don’t give it to me now, I will buy it. Then I will complain that I paid for it when it’s free next month.

I want more JRPGs! Lately it’s been all Sports, Strategy, Action, Platformer, Adventure, and Puzzle games. And I want them for PS3 and not Vita, because I don’t have one of those.

You should give away NI no Kuni, because my $50 per year subscription should cover a $60 game!

I want the same games as European PSPlus subscribers, regardless of existing contracts or distribution arrangements!

+ sic2291 on March 18th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

@94 What makes Monster Hunter better on Vita, camera control? I’ve only played the demo.

+ Doc_Tury on March 18th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

Already Have The Cave, can’t Wait for Tekken 6 My PSP is so lonely right now! Greetings From Mexico!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on March 18th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said: