PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Mar 19

Mar 19

UNCHARTED 3: Oddball DLC Out Today

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

The UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Free-to-Play launched a few weeks ago and we’ve seen a healthy uplift to our community, to the tune of over three hundred and fifty thousand downloads of the Free-to-Play client to date globally. We’re very excited to see our community grow, and we’re stoked to keep expanding the world of UNCHARTED to as many people as possible.

To keep that momentum going, as promised, we’re making new DLC available for purchase every month until June 2013. This month we’re recognizing Extraterrestrial Abductions Day – or a day around it anyway – by unveiling our Oddball themed character parts for your UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer characters. Why Oddball? Well, these character parts defy classification as they don’t quite fit among the numerous other parts we’ll have coming out over the next few months, and Extraterrestrial Abductions Day is a bit of an odd holiday anyway. Here’s a glimpse at some of the Oddball parts available now:

UNCHARTED 3 - Bag HeadUNCHARTED 3 - Tape Mask

There are many other Oddball parts available for purchase as well. Check out the in-game store or the PlayStation Store after PSN updates today to see what’s available.

Our Oddball theme means that new Tournament rewards can be earned. You can earn the Gas Mask Gun and Gas Mask Shirt as Tournament rewards. If you hit the gold tier you can earn the rare British Guard Hat for Cutter as well as Raptor Mask for Drake and Dive Helmet for Talbot by achieving Platinum status. Use your tickets to enter into the weekly Tournament and unlock these items as a testament to your skills.

A full rundown of everything that’s available with our Oddball theme is over on our UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Free-to-Play page. We’ll have a bundle of all Oddball parts with an exclusive bonus item available for purchase in early April. Check it out and be sure to read our UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Free-to-Play FAQ for answers to most of your questions about the newly available UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Free-to-Play.

Log in and let’s all get a little odd! See you online!

Add Your Own

swisstylez said:

March 19th, 8:06 am

OOOOkkkk what is this again…

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

March 19th, 3:00 pm

DLC characters parts for your Uncharted 3 multiplayer characters!

MaverickWerewolf said:

March 19th, 8:17 am

wut

Can we get some *cool* stuff at some point? I know that people only liked cool things during the 90’s and this is just what’s popular, but… I’d really like if there was some really badass DLC, like a Wolfman Drake skin or something. Stuff more along the lines of the skeleton skins and less along the lines of the donut skins. But I’m sure that’s just me.

Chase167 said:

March 19th, 8:23 am

this multiplayer had so much potential
but too many tweets killed it for me

ASC2175 said:

March 19th, 8:32 am

This is some pretty low oddball stuff…..we need higher oddball items….like a sombrero with a hot tub on top for your monkey.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

March 19th, 3:09 pm

It’s Uncharted style oddball! :)

Alyyse said:

March 19th, 8:37 am

Haven’t played Uncharted 3 in a while. May get back into it though to see what i been missing.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

March 19th, 3:09 pm

Awesome! There’s a lot going.

Gay_Angel said:

March 19th, 9:01 am

Mmm not really digging this oddball set of DLC, I’m sorry but can’t wait to see what else is coming up on the following months!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

March 19th, 3:16 pm

There will be more cool stuff!

zombie9 said:

March 19th, 9:04 am

DLC every month until June (cough TLOU) well I be back soon my Blue-ray drive is on a heart monitor as we speak. but has just flat lined. Deader than a Walker. :)

terrencec06 said:

March 19th, 9:12 am

Would love to jump back into UC3 but I really got put a dent in my backlog.

HorrorGod said:

March 19th, 9:15 am

Whoa, is that mask on the left inspired by the Zodiac’s witness description and Jason’s hood in “Friday the 13th Part 2” ?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

March 19th, 3:18 pm

Ha. Not at all but nice reference!

SweetReLeaf said:

March 19th, 9:41 am

lawl you guys are really Milking Uncharted 3 multiplayer. No harm done, but I’m praying this doesn’t happen to the TLOU.

tusunami said:

March 19th, 9:41 am

I must check this out to see what this is, so I guess dlc till June must be more customization for our characters aye. Awesome Soul Sacrafice for the PS Vita incoming can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renan_Acid said:

March 19th, 9:54 am

Cool, now how about lowering the price of the Maps and Modes DLC bundle? Right now it still costs $29.99, which is almost as much as the full GOTY edition on the PlayStation Store (75% of its price). Here’s an idea, make the Maps and Modes bundle cost $10 and give everyone who has bought any of the map packs all the other ones for free. This way more people will buy the DLC (I’m sure there are many other players like me waiting for a discount), you can finally stop changing the DLC map priority and people who bought the map packs can actually play them all without having to wait.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

March 19th, 3:18 pm

we will be have sales and price drops from time to time.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

March 19th, 10:49 am

SMH..UGLY MASKS.WE NEED NEW MAPS AND BETTER OUTFITS. OR EVEN CHARACTERS..WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO USE THE CHARACTERS WE BOUGHT FROM UNCHARTED 2..COLE,RESISTANCE CHARACTERS AND KILLZONE CHARACTERS.IT KILLED MY INTEREST IN THE MP WHEN I WASNT ALLOWED TO USE THEM IN UNCHARTED 3..NOT COMPLETELY BUT ENOUGH TO NOT WHAT TO PLAY WHEN MP I THOUGHT ABOUT IT..LOL

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

March 19th, 12:17 pm

I’m sorry, I’m not into U3 anymore. I played a lot of the beta and played the Subway promotion. Once the game came out i didn’t play much, and each time i try to go back I get bored. U2 was a much better and balanced multiplayer experience imo. Very anxious to see what The Last of Us multiplayer is all about.

Ryusennin said:

March 19th, 12:17 pm

@Eric

Why no Co-op Arena Lab? Are the NPCs so scripted that you can’t let them evolve around a Lab map and see what happens? I thought Lab was about experimentation.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

March 19th, 3:30 pm

That’s something we haven’t considered yet.

hypersk_us said:

March 19th, 12:40 pm

I went to the page and it says something among the lines of “AVAILABLE IN APRIL BUNDLE”.

So, are you guys releasing a DLC bundle in April with an exclusive piece?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

March 19th, 3:30 pm

Yes, we will have a bundle in early April with an exclusive piece. We mentioned it in the blog above too.

TigerLust said:

March 19th, 12:41 pm

You forgot the brown paper bag and the sock over the head…oh, sorry for spoiling next months “big” surprise.

Digital-Big-Boss said:

March 19th, 1:32 pm

The multiplayer was fun, but your greed killed it for me.

ShadowKirby87 said:

March 19th, 2:48 pm

Would rather have missing skins from U2 and female custom over this lame crap.

BoNeSaW23 said:

March 19th, 3:07 pm

The LAG in Competitive MP is killing this game! Is it EVER gonna get better?

I got several people try the F2P version and we played a couple hours then they all gave up because the LAG was so bad! I assured them Co-op is WAY better but most of them already deleted it and are put off it now.
We all have 15 Mbps connections BTW.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

March 19th, 7:27 pm

I can’t check my stats because I can’t log in on Naughty Dog’s website. Do you know why that is?

PrinceofXIII said:

March 19th, 9:09 pm

looks okay, then again i already stop playing.

played the game waay too much!

Elvick_ said:

March 20th, 1:14 am

If only the standalone MP actually worked better for U3 owners. I’d probably get back into it, but I can’t be bothered.

dmanhill132 said:

March 20th, 6:21 am

How do i Know if i need that whole, “free-to-play” thing there advertising for U3?

iSEVEN-UP said:

March 20th, 9:26 am

I actually like the DLC, Cutters Sombrero is defiantly pretty cool. But I do agree with some comments, The bag and the duct tape mask are sort of generic! However, they do match the theme.

Eric, I still have to get back to you about your message to me on PSN.

twistedfloyd said:

March 20th, 9:29 am

How about some stuff for REAL characters (I.E. Drake, Elena, Chloe, Sully)? I am not a custom hero/villain fan and it would be nice if the other characters had more options for dressing up (or dressing down) for added hilarity/getting people to double take at Chloe while I blast them in the face.

I am forever dedicated to this multiplayer. One of the best multiplayer components this gen and that I’ve ever played. I do not care for some of these late additions such as the tournament points, and the attention paid to custom characters as opposed to the real characters, but the game is still awesome and the level design is second only to Uncharted 2’s level design.

iSEVEN-UP said:

March 20th, 9:29 am

Also, the lag is true. I have “Fibre Op” (the new top of the line connection) and people still say I lag and Eric actually messaged me warning me to get better connection. I mean, everyone lags on the game, its not just me even though that’s no excuse.

I wish there was different parts for the body and legs too. Thats the main reason I play.

fyiByas said:

March 21st, 6:05 am

Even though this game is over a year old. I really wish you guys would fix a lot of the bugs and matchmaking issues thats plagued this game for about 4 months. I don’t mind the tons DLC content because that’s someone else’s choice whether to buy it or not. However the microtransactions really show what your true intentions are in improving something.

Instead of Offering tons of Mircotransactions maybe offer new content that actually enhances the Multiplayer… no I’m not talking about the usual Multiplayer XP Garbage.

Bring New Co-op Modes , new Maps , New Characters and accessories that actually fit in the Uncharted Universe or fits into another game.

Instead of taking pointless and poorly implemented ideas, why not try something that everyone in Multiplayer can enjoy like the Lab Modes! I don’t understand why you offered a Tournament System that gives basically no rewards. Also the “Free2Play is more of a Demo”.

I’m sorry but you guys lost your way in my opinion. Maybe you’ll wake up and say “Why can’t we just offer things that are fun! Uncharted 2 was great we should offer new things to experience!”

CJB-4 said:

March 21st, 9:08 am

PlayStation store please get Digimon card battle, Digimon World 1,2,3.4 and Vandal Hearts 1 and 2. your loosing my money.

Bedro--90 said:

March 22nd, 6:44 am

3 months offline . God knows how much i missed the Uncharted community . Thank you Eric for the good news and keep the great works up guys.

MoshuaDeath said:

March 22nd, 3:01 pm

I’d like to see the DLC maps FREE of charge for ONE whole week. We all know it’s almost been two years into the game’s life and it still holds up with many of us but I dislike going into an online game and I’d say that only about 20-30% of the time do I get into a game with the DLC I paid for. I wouldn’t mind it being free either considering how old it is. I just want to see more people on it as well as feeling as if I got my money’s worth (I know that last little bit is somewhat harsh, but nothing beats Uncharted 2 =b)