PS4-Watch_Dogs

Zeus and Isaac Join the Battle Royale Today

Seth Killian's Avatar + Posted by Seth Killian on Mar 19, 2013 // Lead Game Designer, Sony Santa Monica Studio

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC 2

Just stopping by today with a quick reminder that Zeus and Isaac Clarke are live today for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, along with our new stage “Graveyard”!

Graveyard mashes up MediEvil’s zombies, mausoleums, and gargoyles with elements from The Unfinished Swan, revealed via ink splats after a mid-game whiteout. It looks great and keeps the fighting honest, with a medium-width playfield and zombies that will earn you AP when destroyed.

Zeus plays as a legendary heavyweight, making each strike feel epic. He’s got limited range, but with the ability to power up every attack merely by holding down the button, he can crush a cowardly opponent’s guard and build AP faster than anyone. Many of his triangle lightning attacks are also excellent at catching multiple opponents for an even faster ride towards his truly Olympian level 3 super.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC 2PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC 2

Isaac Clarke is at his best harassing opponents from mid-range, with a wide variety of projectiles powered up by his unique Stasis and Kinesis powers. He’s no slouch at close range either, with some mighty melee attacks and the short-range force gun, but he shines brightest harassing more distant opponents with the grenade launcher, bouncing bola, and his Plasma Cutter.

Both characters come with full single-player story modes, including intros, outros, and rival scenes, as well as exclusive unlockable minions, a second unlockable costume, and all the unique customizable taunts, themes, etc. you’ve come to expect.

In addition to today’s launch of Zeus and Isaac, we’ve also done a new balance patch, which modifies every existing character in some way (and fixes some pesky glitches), as well as adding some new bells and whistles to familiar items. The hardcore players can check out the details here in the official PlayStation All-Stars forums.

Isaac and Zeus both come free for anyone that purchased a retail copy of God of War: Ascension (it’ll be in your box as a pack-in code). For anyone else, you can pick them up on PSN for $4.99 each. The Graveyard stage is available for free in online ranked matches and is $1.99 to own it. Both of these new All-Stars add some very unique angles to the game. I’ll see you online.

129 Comments

+ Ironlantern92 on March 19th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

When does it come live so we can play as them?

+ Sojyne on March 19th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

@Everyone complaining

Consider this, DLC for most games have always been above 1$USD, don’t expect everything to be given to you for free for they have to keep things on their end up like hosting. I do however agree that for the first few days to a week they should keep the characters free or at least half price. But then again with the money and time put into this we should be thankful to get it for 5$USD considering how much the developers of the game have to pay themselves for licensed content to be added. Remember, SkullGirls had to raise over 150,000$USD from fans for just 1 character. And although they gave it out free it had to come from other sources, and I’m sure that’s not including sales unless current of that time when it was in development. Plus you really can’t complain considering that most other games charge way more for small DLC that isn’t really doesn’t do anything. That’s marketing for you, and if you don’t recognize that nothing in this world is truly free then you need to get your head out of the ground. So in short, if you don’t want it, don’t get it and don’t complain to others. The game is playable without these character, they are not necessary. Negative comments are NOT needed.

+ vdot81 on March 19th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

If there is more DLC, it should be Crash and spyro.we would like to see them one more time be anything else happens. Also, if you guys add one more shooter character, it Has to be Max Payne or Nathan Hale.

+ BiZzZlEs on March 19th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

When is the update? i downloaded and installed. & for a future DLC if there is one i have a request for Samanoske from Onimusha!!! he could be perfect for this type of fighter if made correctly. I and many others will be happy to see him make an apperance outside of his dead series :/ poor Onimusha

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 19th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

#48: You can check out the system/character changes in this link.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 19th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

Zues should SERIOUSLY not be in this game..NATHAN HALE SHOULD!..or GABE LOGAN!!!…or SNAKE!!!!…SERIOUSLY…SONY needs to stop SLACKING on this game!..THE OBVIOUS ALL STAR CHARACTERS,,wouldve made this game go PLATINUM..but because of the SETH and Santa Monica Studios…its only gone SILVER..SMH..THATS LIKE HAVING A STREET FIGHTER GAME WITH NO RYU, KEN OR AKUMA!! >:p

+ ps_n_blog_ac on March 19th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

@52 agreed i’ve been keeping an eye on skullgirls… it shows how much effort, time, and money it takes to create a character yet people do stupid stuff like protests and petitions :/

@seth have you guys been keeping an eye out for glitches and stuff? EX: Parappa the rapper AP glitch, Sly’s barrel defense (spam…), and over powered characters…

Character requests
Lara Craft
Sachiko (Corpse party/PSP game)
and other characters you guys can offer

Also you know that sackbot item, it will be cool that once thrown it will turn into your minion. just so minions will be more useful than just an intro character (which people tend to skip)

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 19th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

@ ps_n_blog_ac:

Parappa’s AP box glitch will be no more after you update the game :)

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 19th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

@ ZaGe-zAiKaNo thanks!

+ ps_n_blog_ac on March 19th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

@58 thanks for the link i checked it out ;)

+ Beattie_theBeast on March 19th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

I would love to have Abe from oddworld but a reason he might not be put in is cause the move set I mean he doesn’t even attack and it wouldnt be good to just make up moves for him.

The only thing I see working is if they put in stranger from stranger wrath cause he would be fine with all the moves he has and then maybe have Abe as a second or third skin.

+ Tekn0tize on March 19th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

Ratchet level 3 glitch is not yet fixed. Please fix it.

It happens when holding down R2 for firing the lazers while also using the missiles (circle button). In such cases the missiles just get stuck randomly some times, it doesn’t happen always.

I hope you can fix this glitch, having glitches in level 3 is really heartbreaking as once you build up to it and then it just whiffs

+ retrosoul22 on March 19th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Any chance we might see someone from persona?

@Beattie_theBeast

Look here to see a moveset for Abe. (It’s honestly not hard to make one)

+ veleskie on March 19th, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

where is Oliver from Ni NO Kuni???

+ Tallon519 on March 19th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

@52
I don’t expect it to be free, but $4.99 for 1 character is too much. The only character I would think about paying that much for is False King Allant from Demon’s Souls, but I still wouldn’t pay that much for him. I’d buy the characters for $2 each or a $5 bundle that comes with a new map. Maybe I’m being frugal but I dislike a lot of the characters in this game and I’m not going to spend $5 for something I’ll never use.

+ S-o-h-a-i-l on March 19th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

To add to my earlier point, heres a great layout of how Yu Narukami (Persona 4/Golden/Arena) could work in this game.

+ halfhoff on March 19th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

Uber happy to see this game is still being supported! its also nice to see you guys arn’t afraid to double dip a franchise (Kratos And Zeus). I just pray we get a Playstation All Stars 2 on the ps4.

+ Jrange378 on March 19th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Gonna wait for characters I want. These are pretty much tack on characters. Don’t care how good the movesets are if they aren’t characters I like.

+ retrosoul22 on March 19th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

@66 yes.

+ RickDanto on March 19th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

SETH!

Please Seth! I’ve asked every Sony Smash blog post but my cries remain unheard!

Online Spectator Mode
Online Training Mode
1v1 matchmaking

Please Seth, consider these modes! You’re our only hope.

+ ADogNamedScotty on March 19th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Why can’t I see it on the marketplace?

+ Arch_Wolvess- on March 19th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

I entered the GoW code for the dlc. but for some reason they dont show up on charactar select.

any help. messega me on your console not here.

+ ps_n_blog_ac on March 19th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

@66 DAM that’s amazing XD i’ll totally buy it! such great ideas!

@71 you have to wait until the store updates

+ stephrrz on March 19th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

when does this go live?

+ Killaman16 on March 19th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

I heard this may be the last DLC. Please tell me this isn’t true….

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 19th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

@stephrrz:

Store will update round 3p.m. – 8p.m. Sony doesn’t really have an estimated update schedule so it could be earlier or later. Will definitely comment on here as soon as it’s up.

+ TomatoDragon on March 19th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Will be getting this tonight.

+ Ryuhza on March 19th, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

Oh I am just eating this up. Thanks Sony Santa Monica and Superbot (they worked on these two, right?)

Me and my friends love to play this when we get together to hang out. Two new characters and a stage is great! I really hope this won’t be the end to this game’s fantastic DLC. I’ll be sure to buy once I get home from college.

This franchise has so much potential yet untapped, I would love to see a sequel on PS4.

and…

Mandatory:

Crash and Spyro? :]

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on March 19th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

Really excited for the graveyard stage! Will be buying the DLC later today!

+ dsaBOSS on March 19th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

I’ll be picking up Isaac for sure, but Zeus seems like a waste of a character slot. I would have much rather see Snake, Crash, Spyro or any other PS character that is more deserving. Although I don’t see why this DLC isn’t free for a couple of weeks like the last one.

+ retrosoul22 on March 19th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

@80

They’re not free because of the fact that Superbot clearly stated that only Kat and Emmett would be free. And the fact that Isaac is third party. You can’t expect them to all have the same treatment. Especially if they have a third party coming in.

+ jayrabbit on March 19th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

I really like @31s ideas, I am all for these examples they mentioned for levels:

+MotorStorm x Journey (The Cave with all the Dragons biting at you for Ap reduction damage with sudden cars driving by and exploding them in the face with nitro overheat)

+Gravity Rush x DmC (Could be great for Limbo and gravity Terraform)

to add to this it would be nice to see a jrpg character or level.

+ hypersk_us on March 19th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Ellen and Keats from Folklore, please.

+ Dark_Knight_117 on March 19th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

Love the fact that there is a balance happening, and im also xcited to try out isaac! I started using Radec so it shouldnt be too hard to get the hang of a long range fighter! BUT….as far a new charcters..where is the love for the TALES CHARACTERS!!!??? There is Tales of Graces f(which is an awesome game) and the new Tales of Xillia coming out soon. No game has yet thrown any of there characters in the Tales series on a brawling game like this, n im pretty sure im not the only one who is pretty upset about this…Maybe with Tales of Xillia throw a character out there like you did with DMC before the game came out just to give us a taste of the moves to come around for when the actual Tales game comes out.

+ Tremulan777 on March 19th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

Any chance of getting Joel from the last of us? As long as you include Joel I’m all in the other character could be anything you want. Please make it happen…

+ a1_re4 on March 19th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

I got a code for the characters but I don’t have PSASBR. If anyone wants to trade me for it message me on PSN.

+ coldkilla_255 on March 19th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

lol Let’s try that one again….. $5!!!?!?!?!?!?!!!! you HIGH!!!!!?!?!?!! I’ll probably end up buying it anyways Isaac atleast. Zeus just seems like another cheap button masher which are my least fav characters on the roster.

+ Nitrosonic0 on March 19th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

@43

That’s exactly what I was thinking!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 19th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Game Update is ready to…well…update lol. Not sure if the store is updated though.

By the way, 1123MB is required.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 19th, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

855MB for Vita users

+ Nitrosonic0 on March 19th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

@89

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!! I gotta warn my brother.

+ AKplayah92 on March 19th, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

I can’t wait to see who else they announce for the next DLC characters if there is one, man i love this game!!

+ vdot81 on March 19th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

We ‘ll probably get another announcement in two weeks tops, remember when they announced these two the same month after Kat and Emmet :)

+ Nick_Rinke on March 19th, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

AH I CAN’T WAIT! ISSAC IS SO AWESOME!

+ Nick_Rinke on March 19th, 2013 at 2:14 pm said:

All the gun characters in this game are very impressive. Great job!

+ AKplayah92 on March 19th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

Any one know what time the new characters will be available?

+ Kocobot10 on March 19th, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

Hey sony I can’t find Isaac in the in game store and I checked the playstation store and still nothing please help

+ Dolores_Khan on March 19th, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

I’ll be getting these!

+ MyrequeArk on March 19th, 2013 at 2:30 pm said:

I just logged in to say I won’t be getting this DLC, even though I was expecting it.
I was hoping all DLC was 2 weeks for free then pay and not “Buy a Game, get DLC for another game free”.

Hopefully you’ll never do this stuff again.

+ UncannySilk on March 19th, 2013 at 2:31 pm said:

Might pick up Isaac only. Don’t really need Zeus
Oh, we’re suggesting characters? Here’s a few obscure ones that a good majority wouldn’t consider:

Oddworld Representative (Abe, Munch, Stranger.)
Klaymen (The Neverhood/Skullmonkeys.)
Pandemonium! Protagonist.
Miyamoto Musashi. (Brave Fencer/Samurai Legend.)
Lammy (UmJammer Lammy.)
Jade (Beyond Good and Evil.)
Tati (Rise of the Kasai.)
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts.)

…or you know…youcouldputinsakurafromstreetfighter, seth. c;