PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Lands on PS3 Today

Ryan Phillips's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Phillips on Mar 21, 2013 // Marketing Coordinator, NIS America

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory on PS3

Greetings, doods! How goes things? Ryan from NISA here, dropping by to let you know that Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory releases today in North America exclusively for PlayStation 3! It’s time again to join the exuberant and extremely awesome Neptune and her gaggle of CPU goddess buddies for a brand-new adventure in Gamindustri!

For those new to the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, it is a turn-based comedy RPG set in a world called Gamindustri, which is governed by different CPU Goddesses. Each goddess is actually a living and playable personification of the different video game consoles that we all have come to hold dear to our hearts. As the player, you take the role of the main character, Neptune, and along with a whole slew of strong female counterparts, it’s your job to make sure that order reigns supreme in Gamindustri!

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory on PS3Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory on PS3

So what’s putting Gamindustri at risk this time around? Victory begins several years after Neptune’s sister Nepgear prevented Arfoire’s (baddie from previous Neptunia games) revival. The CPUs and their younger sisters have been enjoying their quiet lives for a while… Then one day, Neptune is sent to another dimension. This new dimension feels very much like her own… except it has only progressed to the Gamindustri of the 1980s. In this dimension, a group of villains calling themselves the “Seven Sages” are trying to create a world free from the rule of CPUs. With help from old and new friends, including that dimension’s CPU of Planeptune—Plutia—Neptune begins her quest to protect a totally different Gamindustri.

Let’s talk about game mechanics! There are a bunch of new features in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory that were absent from the previous titles. One such mechanic is the EXE Drive Gauge, which is essentially a meter that fills up as you and your party members attack the enemy or get attacked. It lets you access incredibly powerful super moves, but if you become close friends with the other CPUs, you can even use it to access their “Final CPU Form,” which turns them into weapons for Neptune to bash the enemy with! Some friend, huh?

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory on PS3

Besides the EXE Drive Gauge, the game also incorporates “Challenges” for you to accomplish. These are separate from Trophies, and will give you stat bonuses or unlock bonus voices when you complete them. For example, “I get knocked down” is a challenge that counts how many times a character falls in battle. Die in battle 10 times and that character will get a small stat boost. Others involve the amount a character is healed in battle, the number of times a character jumps on the field, and many, many more. It’s a great way to build your stats aside from grinding levels, so we encourage you all to challenge yourself to become the best fighter in Gamindustri!

Thank you all for hanging out to hear about Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory! We have a lot of DLC planned for this title, so please stay tuned as we announce more of that on our website! We had a blast working on this title, and we hope you will enjoy it as much as we do! I’ll be back on PS.Blog again soon to talk about our new title, Time and Eternity, which is set to release exclusively on the PS3 this summer. See you soon, dood!

+ gerneric123 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Are you guys looking at localizing any of the recently announced Neptunia games for Vita?

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

Hi gerneric123,

At the moment we don’t have any news on the recently announced Neptunia Vita games. Hopefully these are titles we can consider for future release – we love working with the series! If we have any news you can bet I’ll be back to talk about it here on PS Blog!

All the best,

+ Hiphopopotomus on March 21st, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

Looks good. Can’t wait to pick mine up!

+ BubbRubb17 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Gotta admit, the Hyperdimension Neptunia series is a guilty pleasure for me lol

+ Mister-Nep on March 21st, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

So excited for this game. Just waiting for my limited edition to arrive in the mail….any time now….

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 2:52 pm said:

Howdy Mister-Nep!

The LE’s look awesome! I’ve opened one up and we’re so happy with how they turned out! I really hope you’ll enjoy yours, dood!

All the best,

+ Mister-Nep on March 21st, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

That aside, are you guys looking into the Neptunia Vita games? Can you give an idea of the likelihood of the idol game? I’d really love for a localized idol game. I don’t think there’s ever been one out in english so this’d be new ground for any company. Please?

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

Hi Mister-Nep,

At the moment we don’t have any news on them, but hopefully it’s something we can consider for future release! If there is any news, I’ll be back to chat!

Best,

+ y2k2400 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Finally ^_^ I once again get to play as Uni for the win woo hooo. *crying tears of joy* My buddy got paid so I should have it later today.

+ Artemisthemp on March 21st, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

I doubt NISA will be able to publish the Idol game in the West, duo to the License hell (You have to pay the artist to use his song)

Re; Birth 1 is possible and depending on the nature of the Noire game also possible

+ CamaleonBisco on March 21st, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Upskirt madness!!!

+ ArchAngelMai on March 21st, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

Hurry it up LE copy from NISA, if comes to close to Bioshock Infinite, it will have to wait till after I enjoy Infinite.

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

Hiya ArchAngelMai!

Our LE’s have been shipping for the past few days, so I hope that it arrives for you soon!

Have a great night, dood!

+ CJB-4 on March 21st, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

PlayStation store please get Digimon card battle, Digimon World 1,2,3.4 and Vandal Hearts 1 and 2. your loosing my money.

+ AngelicLawyer on March 21st, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

Any chance of having a sale on previous 2 Neptunia games’ DLC so some of us can catch up with the series? :)

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 2:59 pm said:

Hi AngelicLawyer,

At the current moment we don’t have any plans to discount DLC for previous games Neptunia titles, but hopefully it’s something we can do going forward – there’s definitely a ton of DLC available – some of it’s free as well ^^

All the best,

+ TheGrimHeaper on March 21st, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Can’t wait until my LE comes in tomorrow!

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

Greetings TheGrimHeaper!

Awesome! We really hope you’ll enjoy it – it’s definitely one of our favorite LE’s we’ve made yet!

Thank you for all your awesome support!

+ GeoDarky on March 21st, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

nice & smooth, gonna get it :)

+ DesolatiionAngel on March 21st, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

Please give it a digital release as well! even if it takes awhile like mk2!

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

Hi DesolatiionAngel,

At the moment the game is retail-only form, but Mk2 did have a PSN release later on. Hopefully this is something we can make happen in the future for Victory as well. If we will have a digital release, we’ll typically announce it in our newsletter. You can sign up for it on our website if you’d like!

Thank you for posting!

+ PrinceofXIII on March 21st, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

awesome stuff!!!

+ hypersk_us on March 21st, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

My copy of the Limited Edition was sent to me yesterday. So I’m just waiting for it!

+ NATHANNAEL on March 21st, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

My limited edition copy will be arriving today. So, I can’t wait. oh, Ryan Phillips I have a question. I gotten Atelier Totori for the PS3 when that come out and I saw that there was a Vita version that was release yesterday on the PSN. Do you know if I can transfer saves from PS3 to Vita and vice a versa? I also notice that Tecmo Koei was the Publisher for the Vita version. Does that now mean NISA won’t be releasing any more Atelier series?

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

Hi NATHANNAEL,

That’s awesome! Thank you for your support with our online store!

While we did localize and publish Atelier Totori for PS3, we were not involved with the PS Vita port of the game as Tecmo Koei was the publisher. As for future titles, at this point we’re not quite sure if we’ll be involved with the Atelier series. As soon as we find out more information, you can bet we’ll let everyone know!

All the best,

+ Nazotchi on March 21st, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Sounds even better than the others, and I wish I’d been able to order the Limited Edition before it sold out. Thanks for continuing to translate such a niche series.

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Hello Nazotchi,

I’m sorry that you missed the LE during preorder. At times we do have cancellations on orders, so feel free to contact our store support to see if we have any extra LE’s, dood.

Thank you for your support! It’s such a fun series to work with!

Have a great night!

+ Destiny89 on March 21st, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

My Limited Edition shipped :D

+ SweetReLeaf on March 21st, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

But.. but.. but it won’t be digital? T-T

+ Christian399 on March 21st, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

I need digital for this. Its impossible to order or find in Canada for a reasonable price.

+ jose213jose on March 21st, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

sweet, i plan to buy whole series so i have something to play for fun and relaxing on the mind.

+ poodude on March 21st, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

My LE shipped earlier this week, now I’m just waiting for my Neptune t-shirt to ship as well. So excited!

I’m also going to echo the comments suggesting you guys localize the Hyperdimension Neptunia Vita games.

Also, Monster Monpiece.

Actually, how about everything Compile Heart puts out :P?

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Howdy poodude,

Awesome! Thank you for your support with our Limited Edtion! I really hope you’ll like it!

Thank you for your suggestions – hopefully the PS Vita games will be a possibility in the future!

Best,

+ Inuboykendo1000 on March 21st, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

Looks great.

+ MajicManj on March 21st, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

I know this is off topic, but….

I have pre-ordered The Witch and the Hundred Knights (also a NIS game) – which was suppose to release March 18, 2013 (I knew this wouldn’t happen as the website still needs to become full) – but I have heard nothing about this game in a very long time and the pre-order page now says a March 18, 2014 release.

Is The Witch and the Hundred Knights still planned on coming out? If so, will it come out this year? Will it still be a PS3 game and not a PS4 game?

Thanks for any help on the questions.

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

Howdy MajicManj,

The Witch and the Hundred Knights is nearing completion in Japan. Hopefully in the upcoming months we’ll have more information to share about the game. We know that it has been a while since any information has been announced for it, so we definitely are hoping to get more info sooner than later.

As for a NA/EU launch, we’ll have to wait a bit more to get a better idea of when it will likely occur. We’ll definitely keep you updated!

Thank you for posting!

+ jakesnakeel on March 21st, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

So, how perverted is this game? Is it appropriate for 10 and 11 year old girls who are obsessed with RPGs? Persona 4 had sexual content but it was so well done. “Care to sneak a peak(at my vagina)” makes me think that this game may go a little too far..

+ WoundedUnderwear on March 21st, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

Since Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 is already on PSN. Will this and the rest of Hyperdimension Neptunia games appear on PSN as well?

+ Ryan Phillips on March 21st, 2013 at 3:18 pm said:

Hello WoundedUnderwear,

At the moment we don’t have a PSN version planned, however it is still a possibility (much like Neptunia mk2). If we have any announcements for this, we’ll typically do so in our website’s newsletter!

Have a great night, dood!

+ ItaChu on March 21st, 2013 at 2:26 pm said:

this generation of rpgs has failed … big time …

+ DesolatiionAngel on March 21st, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

@26 its not perverted its just a game, play it safe and choose the games for the kids based on the ESRB rating

+ badgerryan15 on March 21st, 2013 at 2:50 pm said:

what is this game?

+ bldudas on March 21st, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

My copy should arrive soon. But I need to finish Mk 2 first.

+ Tjoeb123 on March 21st, 2013 at 3:39 pm said:

@31 Why? I didn’t finish Mk2 either (so I didn’t get to hear Go! Love & Peace until I saw that dance video), yet I’m having no problems playing without doing so. Speaking of problems, I sure hope that install option (4GB) elimitates some of the technical problems I have with some Compile Heart games (Neptunia and Record of Agarest War series).

Anyway, I too second/third/forth/fifth/whatever getting those Vita games over here sometime in the future, as well as (subtitling, at least, if you guys license it) Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation (yep, an anime series!) sometime after it finishes its run in Japan, which I know won’t happen until the end of this year (as it’s set to air this summer).

+ Pedro408sanjose on March 21st, 2013 at 4:09 pm said:

The limited edition can,t come soon enough, dood! I also bought the set of the buttons and the poster so I can’t wait for that stuff either.

+ Elvick_ on March 21st, 2013 at 4:12 pm said:

Waiting for my Limited Edition to arrive. :D Thanks NISA for being awesome as usual.

And I’ll just add to the list of people who desire the Neptunia Vita games. I know we don’t know too much about the most recent two announcements, but I’m sure I want them already. It’s Neptunia after all. I really do want the Idol game though. I don’t know if licensing is an issue there, but I hope you at least consider it because I’ve always wanted to play an Idol game and no one’s ever localized one. What better one than one related to Hyperdimension Neptunia? :P

I hope you consider MonMon and Holy Sorcery Story from Compile Heart as well, because they look awesome. I’m sure MonMon is a long shot given it’s nature though.

Still bummed that it seems we’ll never see a localization of Ciel No Surge. ):

+ Senya-Saigyouji on March 21st, 2013 at 4:30 pm said:

To Mr. Ryan:

Thank you for taking the time to read this comment. I have two questions:

1. Is Compile Heart/Idea Factory/NIS America/whoever made this (wonderful) series planning a Playstation Store release of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory? If so, when?

2. (My wallet’s going to hate me for this but…)
Approximately when is all of the downloadable content(s) going to be released? A rough estimate is fine.

Arigatou~!!

* Still developing an elaborate plan to get my copy of Victory. >_< (Long story)

+ animefreaknerd on March 21st, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

Is the DLC release going to be soon?

+ DesolatiionAngel on March 21st, 2013 at 5:04 pm said:

@35 a digital version its not out of the question but it could take around 6 months to get out, that was the case with mk2

+ Senya-Saigyouji on March 21st, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

@ Comment 37

Thanks for the fast reply. No need to bother TC with the same question.

S-six months…? Patience isn’t my strongest point; I’ll be a pile of bones by then~
Still, good things come to those who wait I guess, even if every fiber of my being is in agony knowing that I don’t have Victory.

Anyway, how about DLC? Is there a calendar with release dates and whatnot?

+ bldudas on March 21st, 2013 at 6:24 pm said:

@32 Because I bought the game, so I want to finish it, and I want to know what happens in it.

+ Senya-Saigyouji on March 21st, 2013 at 7:09 pm said:

@ 39

I didn’t play the first Neptunia game due to apparently mediocre gameplay, and it didn’t take me too long to figure out mk2′s plot. I got all 7 endings in mk2, and it’s rather debatable as to which one is cannon, although I’m sure the Conquest Ending is noncannon. (NEVAR FORGET T_T)

☢CAUTION!!☢ (Minor) SPOILERS!! ☢CAUTION!!☢

Significance-wise, the Human, Planeptune, Lowee, Lastation, and Leanbox Ending(s) just features Nepgear being bothered from her work by the respective ending’s CPU Candidates to do…whatever they wanted from her.
The True Ending is a happy ending for all the cast, and you get a (magnificent) CG Gallery art for each ending. (Especially the Leanbox Ending. Nepgear in DAT DRESS~!! *drools*)

Ahem! Sorry, I got carried away. S-so anyway…

TL;DR: You won’t be missing a lot plot-wise from mk.2, other than the occasional reference to events and characters. Victory takes place in the 1980′s console wars anyway; it’s a fresh start.
Again, you won’t miss too much, even if you didn’t beated mk.2, trust me~

+ Crimson-ScarXX7 on March 21st, 2013 at 7:20 pm said:

I can’t wait for my LE to be delivered! Same with my Neptune shirt! Thank you so much for localizing this wonderful series. Much love to everyone at NISA! <3

+ avluis on March 21st, 2013 at 7:30 pm said:

Love this series and your games.
I have to add to the group, bring over the PSVita releases and you have an instant purchase from us all.

+ gcrzero on March 21st, 2013 at 7:35 pm said:

Too bad the LE will take a month to arrive in my country. :( Can’t wait to play the game.

+ Gay_Angel on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:24 am said:

May we please have some sales on DLC for some of these games?

+ Saeed-Al-Dosary on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:48 am said:

Thank you very much for publishing this great game.

+ Zhemos on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

Never pre order from these clowns on their website, if you order the standard edition you get second rate service.

+ tony2077 on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

i wonder when this will show up in the store i preordered it from

+ MoshuaDeath on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

I want this game so much! But I know how much time I’d be spending on it like I do Disgaea, Dragon Quest, and many-o-plenny RPGs (btw, get DQ back on the PlayStation). What would buy me is A Neptunia game on the PS Vita. My last few comments on recent posts were about the Vita but that was all coincidental (haha). I just saw the first comment and NOW can almost solely desire it only on my chunky handheld.

+ choassonic on March 23rd, 2013 at 9:55 pm said:

Dear Ryan Phillips,
just wondering but I’m current at the chapter when you get Blanc in your party which then go into the stage you automatically pop into but why is the monsters 2x stronger all the sudden? all my team member is about 24-25 (Blanc 28).

I’m not stuck on the part (actually got out of there because my team kept getting killed and ran out of revives) but curious why the monster just power up all the sudden.

Also just one important question, when do you plan on releasing DLC (if you can possibly know the answer.).