PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Blogcast 066: Ken Levine’s Infinite Zest

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Mar 21, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

We’re back! Today’s XL-sized show features two of gaming’s biggest daddies. Irrational Games Creative Director Ken Levine stops by to discuss Bioshock Infinite‘s imminent launch and the secret to crafting a memorable game ending. Then PlayStation World Wide Studios America Senior Vice President Scott Rohde discusses how PS4‘s advanced hardware will empower PlayStation’s internal development teams. Then we delve into next week’s new releases for March 26th, 2013, new voice mail, listener questions, some light GDC talk and more.

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast - Scott RohdeOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ken Levine

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Social Media Manager
  • Nick Suttner – PlayStation Account Support Manager
  • Scott Rohde – SVP of Product Development, Worldwide Studios America
  • Ken Levine – Creative Director and Co-founder, Irrational Games

27 Comments

+ lisatsunami on March 21st, 2013 at 4:09 pm said:

Hey,missed you guys last week. Lot of news to catch up on!

+ MakoSOLIDER on March 21st, 2013 at 4:14 pm said:

The s in Bioshock should be lower case.

+ Pabloo1010 on March 21st, 2013 at 4:37 pm said:

The blogcast has returned! Don’t worry guys, my God of War Ascension review rant is over lol. Look forward to listening to the show later tonight. Always awesome podcast.

+ siegfried07 on March 21st, 2013 at 4:49 pm said:

bioshock infinite can be played w/move ?

+ thebiglouie on March 21st, 2013 at 4:50 pm said:

Don’t feel too bad, Sid. I used to pronounce it “No-bung-a” instead of Nobu-naga as well until a few years ago.

I used to say Konami as “Konobi” for most of the 80s and 90s as well.

+ Ryumoau on March 21st, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

Ken Levine comes across as such a condescending jerk in most interviews i’ve seen of him. Thankfully i’m not interested in Infinite to begin with, so he won’t be getting any of my money.

Anyway, Thanks for bringing Tales of Graces F to psn next tuesday. I hope we get a day 1 digital release for Xilia in July as well.

+ GRIM__REAFER on March 21st, 2013 at 4:59 pm said:

Come out with a good PS4 bundle

+ thebiglouie on March 21st, 2013 at 5:03 pm said:

Also, from the store update, Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires was announced to come out next week.

It’s actually a re-release. The game is in the store with bonus add-ons from now until Tuesday. After Tuesday, only the game will be available.

The same thing is going to happen with the Vita game Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus this Tuesday.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 21st, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

Glad you guys are back just before Bioshock Infinite hits the stores next Tuesday – Can’t wait.

I’m loving the figurine additions being made for these “Ultimate” edition pre-orders, so i’m definitely waiting on my Songbird edition.

+ jgrizzle358 on March 21st, 2013 at 5:49 pm said:

u were in Chi-town Nick? Nice. I live 2 hours north west of there.

+ el_casual on March 21st, 2013 at 6:32 pm said:

Sony please pay the develop of Bioshock on Vita……and Borderlands 2

+ CJB-4 on March 21st, 2013 at 6:55 pm said:

PlayStation store please get Digimon card battle, Digimon World 1,2,3.4 and Vandal Hearts 1 and 2. your loosing my money.

+ D_R_O_Z on March 21st, 2013 at 7:17 pm said:

So this is a playstation blogcast and playstation is owned by Sony , yet you use Astro headset for the blogcast when Sony makes plenty on good ones specifically the pulse headset. It’s almost as if you’re saying that Sony’s headsets aren’t that good.

+ TwinDad on March 21st, 2013 at 7:52 pm said:

I think you should get Morgan Haro back on for another game of guess that PS+. It was good to hear him and some things about plus, also I had a blast guessing and discussing the possible games. Isn’t that the idea to generate a buzz about playstation?

GDC should be fun to hear about the dev tools.

+ nanaki85 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:07 pm said:

Terraria! xD

+ JDSSLP on March 21st, 2013 at 9:37 pm said:

Tracking my numbers on the moral scale? Put me in more emotionally complex spaces? Like – get a steady older guy with a gun to “get the girl and bring her to us”?

Oh, Ken…I sure hope Sid is right about this game. I liked BioShock, but after the twist it kind of lost a bunch of steam for the last few levels. But IGN gives the PC version a 9.5 already, so there’s that – we’ll see.

+ Kchow23 on March 21st, 2013 at 9:38 pm said:

Similarly to Nick, I don’t want to know a peep about games that I already know I am going to play and already preordered as well. Would be awesome, if you guys could time certain segments so that those of us that would rather not know about can skip such as the 20~ minutes Bioshock Infinite interview.

+ Alastor424 on March 21st, 2013 at 10:09 pm said:

I’m so happy with the PS4 having every game digital. I hope we get some HDD specs so I know how to get a lot of memory. It’s my dream come true. I also hope there is a way to link your iTunes Music or something via the PS4. I can’t wait.

+ ViolentPhlegm on March 21st, 2013 at 10:39 pm said:

I thought it was “Nobunga’s Ambition” since the Sega Genesis game. Last November, I saw Kurosawa’s “Kagemusha” for the first time and realized that my mind had blocked out a vowel for over 20 years.

+ Kchow23 on March 21st, 2013 at 11:54 pm said:

Great blogcast, loved the Scott Rohde interview was great! so very excited about the PS4 :)

+ Kchow23 on March 21st, 2013 at 11:58 pm said:

Could you guys give us the answer to the last couple mystery theme guesses that have gotten a winner? like this week’s, really curious as to what the answer was. Also are player queries/tips still getting game vouchers?

+ CHARLIE79 on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

Simply by how they talked about God of War Ascension, it shows how strong salary comes directly from Sony! Only saying how near perfect the game is when with more then 30 reviews, Ascension has a average of 79%, the lowest review score in the series and most reviewers say the multiplayer is a FAILURE!

When this podcast talks about exclusive Sony game, cant really hear them in a honest way.

+ PrimeroIncognito on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:17 pm said:

Ryumoaner: “Ken Levine comes across as such a condescending jerk”

And you never do. Never, ever. Not even once. Well, OK… maybe just a couple hundred times, but not more than that! :|

+ Aireyean on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:46 pm said:

◕‿◕
NICE! I just got a Playstation Network card code for FREE! :D freepsnforever[dot]com
◕‿◕

+ CJB-4 on March 23rd, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Digimon world 1234 and card battle. add to ps1 and 2 classics
now your loosing my mone

+ BURIBLAZINGX on March 23rd, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

Great podcast

+ QNoir on March 23rd, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

I’m pretty interested in playing any FPS with Move, so I’ll be buying the new Bioshock game. Thanks.