PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation’s Guide to PAX East 2013

Eric Smith's Avatar + Posted by Eric Smith on Mar 21, 2013 // Senior Public Relations Specialist, SCEA

Itching to play The Last of Us? Heading to Boston next week? Be one of the first to go hands-on with the game at PAX East! Gameplay demos will be happening in a custom-designed setting modeled after one of the game’s locales. What’s more, the demo itself is set in Boston, after the city has been decimated by the Cordyceps infection. Hands-on time is limited for each player, but if you manage to reach the end of the demo you’ll be rewarded with one of our tension bricks (that we’ve playfully named Brock).

PlayStation at PAX East 2013PlayStation at PAX East 2013

If you go hands-on with the demo, you’ll also receive one of these collectible t-shirts, available in male and female sizes.

PlayStation at PAX East 2013

Additionally, Dark Horse Comics has provided us with 250 of a limited run of 500 posters featuring cover art from The Last of Us: American Dreams issue #2.

PlayStation at PAX East 2013

Supplies are limited for all items and when they’re gone, they’re gone. If you want to get your hands on this extremely unique and limited memorabilia, stop by the PlayStation booth and be one of the first to play The Last of Us.

The world of Tearaway will also be at PAX East (booth 1193). Media Molecule will be there, and they want to reward everyone who visits with papery treasures! Complete simple challenges to collect buttons, shirts and papercraft items. You’ll also get a chance to meet the team behind the game and see some Tearaway papercraft concept art.

Tearaway PostcardTearaway Postcard

And, lastly, many titles from our PSN catalog will also have a presence at PAX East. Sportsfriends (one of our upcoming Pub Fund games) will be there — check out the panel, or see if you’ve got the moves to win the official Johann Sebastian Joust tournament!

DrinkBox Studio will have Guacamelee! (another upcoming Pub Fund game) for PS3 and PS Vita playable in the IndieMegaBooth, and Muteki will also be there demoing Dragon Fantasy Book 1 and Book 2 for PS3 and PS Vita (you guessed it — a Pub Fund game). Don’t miss the Do JRPGs Really Still Matter? panel, featuring Adam Rippon of Muteki.

Back in their own booths, Iron Galaxy will have DiveKick playable on PS3 and PS Vita, and FRIMA Studio will have Nun Attack on PS Vita and Zombie Tycoon II on PS3 and Vita.

Are you heading to PAX East this year? What are you going to play first?

+ cool_trainer on March 21st, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

I need that brick in my life.

+ cool_trainer on March 21st, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

All cool everything, I wish I could go :,[

+ TwinDad on March 21st, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

I wish I could go to east, I’ll have to “settle” for Prime. Local.

I hope some of this stuff comes to prime. Thanks for the post.

+ Ryumoau on March 21st, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

hope we get a release date on those Dragon Fantasy Book games soon.

Eric Smith's Avatar

+ Bryan Sawler on March 21st, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Release date for Dragon Fantasy Book I will be announced soon…very very soon :)

+ ATOMS11 on March 21st, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

I will have to miss this one. I’m SOOOOO gearing up for E32013 though. I go to the Blog meetup every year. This year will be no exception! I cant contain myself!

+ punkmusic2009 on March 21st, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

the store says ongoing mations

+ gus_xl on March 21st, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

I’m going to be there, but I have so many things planned for Friday morning, I’ll never get one of those posters.. But at least I know that I need to rush though the demo.

+ Chizuzuu on March 21st, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

That panel on JRPGs sounds like it would be interesting, and I am in the Boston area, but I didn’t think to get a pass. Maybe next year.

+ JMG24BAD on March 21st, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Socom HD collection. with socom 2 and combined assaults multiplayer.

+ vesra on March 21st, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Will there be any word on Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault for Vita?

+ magicx11 on March 21st, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

PAX East 2013 sold out, is there any other way to get in?

+ xeno3d on March 21st, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

When with The Last of US demo be available for God of War Ascension buyers?

+ xeno3d on March 21st, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

When will*

+ xClayMeow on March 21st, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

Not going to PAX, but I’ll be at the GDC next week. Please do a similar blog post for that!

+ nixice on March 21st, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

Oh cool, so Dragon Fantasy Book I will be released too? I knew the sequel was coming to PSN but I had been wondering about the first game. (Sounds like it’s a separate release or are they both the same package? If Book 1 is coming soon that’d be a nice prelude while Book 2 is being hashed out,)

Eric Smith's Avatar

+ Bryan Sawler on March 22nd, 2013 at 12:28 am said:

Book I is being released first. We’ll be announcing the release date soon but so far what I can say:
    It does support trophies
    It does support PS3/PS Vita Cross-Buy
    It does support Cross-Save (shared save slot between the PS3 and PS Vita)
    We’ll have a blog post here soon to go over everything :)

+ GGGGit on March 21st, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

I’m going on Sunday! Will be at the Playstation booth first thing. Can’t wait.

+ Kchow23 on March 21st, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

The bricks are awesome! :)

+ PhoenixDowny on March 21st, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

It’s too bad I can’t attend. I’d love those T-Shirts and Brocks lol. I would have loved to check out that Last of Us demo. I’m certainly going to download Guacamelee to my PS Vita.

+ coldkilla_255 on March 21st, 2013 at 5:32 pm said:

Why must I be in school and live in CANADA!!

+ tusunami on March 21st, 2013 at 6:02 pm said:

Glad to see PS Vita has a nice original variety of games coming out. Because this is what’s needed for the awesome portable to succeed!!!!!!

+ ossiecastro5 on March 21st, 2013 at 6:43 pm said:

I saw online that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 might be featured here. Is that true?

+ Dlowpr29 on March 21st, 2013 at 6:53 pm said:

I cant wait less than 24 hrs and im there went last year and had a blast I just hope i can make the cut lol

+ CJB-4 on March 21st, 2013 at 6:55 pm said:

PlayStation store please get Digimon card battle, Digimon World 1,2,3.4 and Vandal Hearts 1 and 2. your loosing my money.

+ loakum on March 21st, 2013 at 7:37 pm said:

Issue #2 of “American Dreams” The Last of Us comic book, is what I want! The brick and the t-shirt just aren’t doing it for me. (but if I was at PAX, I would take all of thee above without hesitation) lol

+ sonic63098 on March 22nd, 2013 at 3:20 pm said:

I want the brick! I need it! Unfortunately I can’t go D: You guys could send me one though right :P You wouldn’t want to disappoint a poor little gamer would you :D

+ Chizuzuu on March 22nd, 2013 at 3:30 pm said:

I may not have a ticket, but I’m certainly going to head into town to see if anything shows up on Near. If anybody sees a Treasure Park sheet from me, give it a whirl.

+ jbond1010 on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:24 pm said:

guys i was there today, was one of the first to play the Last of Us and it is INCREDIBLE. I won’t say much cause i don’t want to spoil anything. It is not like uncharted so anyone who was concerned let me put your worries at ease, the game is incredible and far more unique in playing style/pacing and strategy. Everything is scarce, so all the decisions you make with what items to pick up and use (weapons, health, etc) become critical as you went through the 30-minute demo. YES, you got to play for 30 minutes. only about 10% actually finished the demo.

I DID in fact complete the demo (and according to them one of the faster completions) and did receive the tension brick. its about the palm of your hand if you’re wondering on size. Didn’t see the posters but did get the t-shirt.

Great stuff, the game is amazing and you’re all in for an experience when it comes out.

+ GoodLife_93 on March 23rd, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

Cool Man…..

+ Riko_player44 on March 24th, 2013 at 3:18 am said:

I Hope release date for GUACAMELEE !!
Thanks !!