PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Tales of Graces f Coming to PSN 3/26, Tales of Xillia on PS3 This Summer

Hideo Baba's Avatar + Posted by Hideo Baba on Mar 21, 2013 // Producer, Tales Franchise

Tales of Graces f

This is Hideo Baba, producer of the Tales of franchise. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all of our fans in North America and Europe. It’s been an absolute pleasure attending various overseas events and interacting with so many of you. I really feel like we’ve been able to sustain our franchise for 15 years because of such a loyal fanbase. I cannot thank you enough.

Starting March 26th, we’ll be digitally distributing Tales of Graces f on PlayStation Network. I strongly urge anyone unfamiliar to the series to give it a shot. An epic adventure of unimaginable proportions awaits you! We will have two versions of the game available next week; the Standard Edition ($34.99) and Knight Edition ($54.99). The Tales of Graces f: Knight Edition will come bundled with more than 10 DLC items to help new adventurers on their quest including increased stats, health and currency.

Tales of Graces fTales of Graces fTales of Graces f

In addition, the western release of Tales of Xillia on PS3 is right around the corner — it’ll be out this summer!

For the first time in the franchise, you’ll be able to select between two main characters and experience the game from two different perspectives. It’s up to you whether you want to play as the male or female protagonist.

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Graces fTales of Graces f

Tales of Xillia is a culmination of all our development efforts over the years, so I can’t wait for our western fans to try it out. We have a lot more events planned until the release of Tales of Xillia, so I strongly urge you to come visit us when you have the chance. I look forward to meeting all of you.

We’re planning on making this a Tales of filled year, so we have a lot of surprise announcements lined up — stay tuned! Thank you again to all of our fans who have supported us over the years. We hope for your continued support in 2013.

103 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Curtisio on March 21st, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Would be nice to see a video – even a trailer.

+ FreshaSaurusRex on March 21st, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

a Tales game for the vita please.

+ kivi95 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

1# http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMG2dXYRmyU

+ Zionine on March 21st, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

@2: Yes.

But this is really good news.. :D Haven’t gotten to play ToGf yet. [: Have always been reluctant to buy used cause of the lack of supporting devs.. but this money will make it a good purchase.

+ Zionine on March 21st, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

(especially with it closing off the March 50$ for 10, deal. :D)

+ G-Force08 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Sounds great. Hopefully a lot of people support these titles so that there are more chances for games like these to be localized in the future.

+ MoonLance on March 21st, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Tales of Hearts R getting localized for the PS Vita. :)

Great news nonetheless~

+ BlueRobotX on March 21st, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

@2 Yes I would like a tales game for the Vita too.

+ Cainxavier on March 21st, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Would love to see Vesperia (PSN only release maybe?), Innocence R, and Hearts R coming to Western shores as well. I already have Graces f, but am definitely excited for Xillia to come out.

+ zferolie on March 21st, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

“We’re planning on making this a Tales of filled year, so we have a lot of surprise announcements lined up — stay tuned!”

So, maybe the 2 Vita Tales games? That would be awesome. I really want those tales games!

+ AriesWarlock on March 21st, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

I am interested in Tales of Vesperia :)

+ iriihutoR84 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Can’t wait for Xillia. Played Graces f and I really enjoyed it so it’s good that it’s going digital!

Also, please consider releasing the Vita Tales of games here too! I’d really love to play them. :(

+ KazeEternal on March 21st, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

w00t XILLIA!!!!

+ Zionine on March 21st, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Oh OH OhoHOHOHO… Didn’t even see that @9 !!!
That’s SUCH good news… I want Innocence and Hearts!

:D :D :D

Although… with Atelier Torori, P4G, Disgaea(on Tuesday as well as) ToGf, now…. Way too many to play..

+ ExHaseo on March 21st, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Hurrah! Finally a release window for Xillia!
I’m hoping we hear about Innocence R, Hearts R, or Xillia 2. Vesperia PS3 would be nice too, but at this point, it feels like a lost cause.

+ Loggernaut on March 21st, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Will this be available in México? also would love to see the Vita versions localized.

+ jave-lin on March 21st, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Tales of Symphonia (GameCube version) remake in HD for PS3 and/or next-gen please. That would be a solid profit maker. Would love to play as Lloyd and the gang again.

+ rafael_martines on March 21st, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

No japanese audio… no buy, sorry!!!

+ kivi95 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Bring over Innocence R and Hearts R!

+ WaveLightning777 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Graces seeing a digital release is pretty cool, even though I’ve had the game since day 1 (and gotten more than my money’s worth out of it!). I’m sure someone’s gonna ask about Vesperia PS3 here soon, but me… I’d like to see Tales of the Abyss hit PS2 classics at some point. Still my favorite title in the series to this day, that one. :)

+ Shadow_Kamui on March 21st, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Hi I really like this game and the tales of series and I am really looking forward to tales of Xillia.

I will like to know exactly which DLC will contain the knight edition because I use to play that game with a couple of friend and we make reunions to play because we don’t like to play with the pc and we actually both 1 or 2 DLC. So I will like to know with witch DLC this edition will come.

Thanks.

+ LeeorV on March 21st, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

I add my voice to the above voices: there’s a crowd of 5-10K players at the bare minimum that would gladly purchase Tales of Innocence R and tales of hearts R if they were localized, even if they were only available via digital purchase, like other titles have been doing.

Please consider it!

+ jimmyfoxhound on March 21st, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Nice!! Will def pick this up!!

+ Gorvi on March 21st, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

How about some of the Vita Tales games? It would be nice to see a release of either Innocence or Hearts.

+ ATFrez on March 21st, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

If anyone here is debating whether not to get this game, do it! Fantastic game!

+ Mister-Nep on March 21st, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

That’s actually good news. I can finally just shelve my physical copy, and finish the game digitally. Convenience for me.

+ Secretchaos1 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Can’t wait for Xillia to come out! I got Graces at launch, so this isn’t really big news for me but it’s still nice to see it’s getting a price drop + digital release so more people can enjoy it. Top notch, amazing game, really glad that you guys are localizing the series again, the Tales games are some of my favourite titles.

+ G-Force08 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

On that note, how about localizing those Digimon games (Digimon re: Digitize and Digimon Adventure), and making them PS Vita compatible?

:D

+ lonewhitewolf1 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

im glad it will finally be on psn. i hope sony adds star ocean international and ar tonelico qoga on psn now.

+ Zionine on March 21st, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

This needs to stay Top News for a while…. Anyone agree?

+ ArchAngelMai on March 21st, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

For as old as the game is I was expecting $19.99 or $29.99. Might finally grab it though since I haven’t played it yet and will net me another $10 back.

Wish Xilia would be the first dual audio Tales, but at least the voice acting in Tales isn’t atrocious like a lot of dubbed games are. That would be a nice surprise *wink wink*

I guess the Tales games on Vita would be pretty cool for a surprise too, but I am just happy to finally have a release for Xilia.

+ ArchAngelMai on March 21st, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Would have been cooler if the Knights Edition included all costumes and such goodies.

+ PAFenix on March 21st, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

I hope to see some of these below in your future announcements of a “Tales of filled year”:

Tales of Destiny as PSOne Classic

Abyss and Legendia as PS2 Classics

Localization of some type of Tales of Vesperia on PS3. (Fine with Digital!)

Both Tales games on the Vita coming out here!

Eventually Tales of Xillia 2!

Please keep it up! JRPG is my favorite genre, and God knows I won’t be getting that fix from Final Fantasy anytime soon! Tales is the series that’s been winning me over more and more!

+ Exia009 on March 21st, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

Awesome, I love Tales of Graces f and will surely be getting Tales of Xillia when it comes out. Hopefully, since you plan on making this is a Tales of filled year, this means we’ll be getting Tales of Innocence R or Tales of Hearts R, either of which I would be really excited about. In any case, keep up the good work.

+ CJB-4 on March 21st, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

PlayStation store please get Digimon card battle, Digimon World 1,2,3.4 and Vandal Hearts 1 and 2. your loosing my money.

+ Tidusfanboy on March 21st, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

What I’d love:

Tales of Vesperia PS3
Tales of Hearts R
Tales of Innocence R
Tales of Xillia 2
Tales of Legendia on PSN as PS2 Classic
brand new Tales Of title

Series has a LOT that can be done to keep it relevant in the west. Will Namco do it? We can only hope! That right there is 6 games, 6 games that gamers have wanted for so long now. Please, Namco, allow us to give you our money in exchange for those awesome titles.

+ megamixer on March 21st, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

How about localizing the .hack//G.U. dlc for ToGf? It’s never too late for new dlc to come out (see: that scott pilgrim stuff recently)… :)

+ duke301 on March 21st, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

I was hoping to see Tales of Graces f come out on the PS3. This is the type of game that is right up my alley and I can’t wait to try it out!
@1, they have a video trailer on Amazon!

+ Nooterman on March 21st, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

So I’m guessing, localize a throwaway Vita title to appease the gods and a launch window PS4 tales?

+ PrinceofXIII on March 21st, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

awesome bundle of the DLC’s ^^

+ PlatinumAura on March 21st, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

buying this day one. please release the others on psn! and maybe make tales of xillia a digital title too?

+ Zionine on March 21st, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

@Nooterman Obvious troll is obvious.

+ Ryumoau on March 21st, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Please make Tales of Xilia available on psn day 1.

+ Chizuzuu on March 21st, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Definitely with others in wanting some Vita titles.

+ siegfried07 on March 21st, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Tales of Xillia 1 y 2
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Hearts F
Tales of Innocence R
God Eater 2
Make the miracle an bring Macross 30
an please gundam braker
move support for ace combat

please namco please

+ boxmyth on March 21st, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

More JRPG’s is a great thing.

+ TwinDad on March 21st, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

I’m in RPG heaven. It took forever, but finally a vast wave of RPG goodness.

+ terra_hotaru on March 21st, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Oh gosh! This is awesome! My PS3 disc reader has been broken and I’ve been buying games on PSN. This is great news, going to be definitely purchasing this. :) Really really hope Tales of Xillia will be released on PSN day one! :D

+ ChibiMrBubbles on March 21st, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

Day 1 for Tales of Xillia! Between NiNoKuni this year and Xillia I’m in JRPG heaven — gosh, thank you based Namco!

+ mer2329 on March 21st, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

thanks for finally releasing it
quick question what took so long
tales of graces f took 1 year to go from japan to the us (not including the wii version, dont forget ps3 has more content than the wii version)
Xillia is going on about 2 years now (cant say exact as there is no street date)

PAGE 1 2 3