PS4-The Order

Tales of Graces f Coming to PSN 3/26, Tales of Xillia on PS3 This Summer

Hideo Baba's Avatar + Posted by Hideo Baba on Mar 21, 2013 // Producer, Tales Franchise

Tales of Graces f

This is Hideo Baba, producer of the Tales of franchise. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all of our fans in North America and Europe. It’s been an absolute pleasure attending various overseas events and interacting with so many of you. I really feel like we’ve been able to sustain our franchise for 15 years because of such a loyal fanbase. I cannot thank you enough.

Starting March 26th, we’ll be digitally distributing Tales of Graces f on PlayStation Network. I strongly urge anyone unfamiliar to the series to give it a shot. An epic adventure of unimaginable proportions awaits you! We will have two versions of the game available next week; the Standard Edition ($34.99) and Knight Edition ($54.99). The Tales of Graces f: Knight Edition will come bundled with more than 10 DLC items to help new adventurers on their quest including increased stats, health and currency.

Tales of Graces fTales of Graces fTales of Graces f

In addition, the western release of Tales of Xillia on PS3 is right around the corner — it’ll be out this summer!

For the first time in the franchise, you’ll be able to select between two main characters and experience the game from two different perspectives. It’s up to you whether you want to play as the male or female protagonist.

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Graces fTales of Graces f

Tales of Xillia is a culmination of all our development efforts over the years, so I can’t wait for our western fans to try it out. We have a lot more events planned until the release of Tales of Xillia, so I strongly urge you to come visit us when you have the chance. I look forward to meeting all of you.

We’re planning on making this a Tales of filled year, so we have a lot of surprise announcements lined up — stay tuned! Thank you again to all of our fans who have supported us over the years. We hope for your continued support in 2013.

103 Comments

+ Monterossa on March 21st, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

decent game, a lil bit boring in some parts.

+ DaMann22 on March 21st, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

PLEASE LOCALIZE THE VITA GAMES. We would be ever so grateful, even if its just a PSN title.

+ Destiny89 on March 21st, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Amazing game thank you Namco and i truly hope we get to see Tales of Hearts R on Vita too

+ Christian399 on March 21st, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

Vita Tales please. Two of them have been made and we don’t have any of them yet. A day one digital Xillia is a must too.

+ Edzo04ps on March 21st, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

“We’re planning on making this a Tales of filled year, so we have a lot of surprise announcements lined up” 2 vita titles just itching to be localized. im not sure i care about xillia 2. i heard from a lot of people it was sort of a rehash and not as good

+ Inuboykendo1000 on March 21st, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

I love Namco now. Thank you. I’ve been asking for this for a while. It’s good that the standard edition is gonna be cheap, that’s pretty awesome.

+ RockSauron on March 21st, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

I strongly suggest anyone who didn’t buy this game and likes JPGS in any way to buy it.

Give them the money. Give them incentive to release more Tales over here, and quicker. Please. I beg of you.

Anyway, looking forward to Xillia, and hopefully Xillia 2! TALES FOR LIFE AAAAAAAAAAAAH

+ ItaChu on March 21st, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

DAY ONE BUY HIDEO BABA I CANT WAIT!!!! I MUST PRE ORDER THIS

+ Mortimer-sama on March 21st, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

Okay so we need Tales of Legendia, (and maybe Symphonia) on the PSN, in HD, and add trophies.

+ Monterossa on March 21st, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

I like some Tales games but I don’t want to help them because Tales fans always rude. they keep trolling in many Final Fantasy forums. so I won’t support Tales games and they will not localize any of them in the future due to low sell numbers.

+ WoundedUnderwear on March 21st, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

Will Tales of Xillia also be on PSN? I rather have digital copy of it. Please put it on PSN also.

+ igorrocks2 on March 21st, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

night pick this on Disc may be or wait I dont know

+ KrisButtar on March 21st, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

i already own this game, but it is great to see it on PSN, so more can experience the awesomeness

+ jakesnakeel on March 21st, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

20 dollar DLC is insulting to fans, but still looking forward to playing this game. Does the DLC make the game 40% better?

+ Shredder757 on March 21st, 2013 at 2:30 pm said:

Can we get a remake of Tales of Legendia for the Vita please?

+ Witch-Burn-Buffy on March 21st, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

How Big is Filesize goto Be for Digtial Version?

+ xMettx on March 21st, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

Really looking forward to Tales of Xillia in the summer. Also hoping that we may still be able to get Innocence R and Hearts R for the Vita to come out in the US as well :)

+ bldudas on March 21st, 2013 at 3:14 pm said:

I finished Tales of Graces f last year, but I am getting Xillia and it would be great if Xillia 2 and the Vita games came over here.

+ Hushed-Massacre on March 21st, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

It’s very cool that you guys are putting this and games like it on the PSN.
These types of traditionally “niche” games are good to have in this form for those of us who aren’t able to immediately jump in and may miss a release if it becomes too rare.

In any case, much approved.

+ Niyari67 on March 21st, 2013 at 3:22 pm said:

A Tales game for the Vita would be nice.

+ Heyuki on March 21st, 2013 at 3:25 pm said:

Cher Hideo Baba

Je pourrais bien écrire en anglais, mais je fais ce post pour montrer que les jeux Tales Of sont attendus partout, même en France.
C’est avec joie que l’on constate chaque année la sortie de nouveaux jeux au Japon (Hearts R récement, Xillia 2 l’année dernière), malheureusement, à coté de ça, cela fait plusieurs années que l’Europe est boudée par la série.

Tales Of Eternia ? Uniquement en anglais sur PSP.
Tales Of The Abyss ? Uniquement en anglais sur 3DS.
Tales Of Rebirth ? Pas sorti chez nous non plus.
Tales Of Hearts / Innocence / Tempest ? Rien en vue.

+ Heyuki on March 21st, 2013 at 3:26 pm said:

Evidemment, ça n’empêche pas les fans d’acheter, mais ça empêche les gens de connaitre la série.

Donc je viens le demander solenellement ici même : Ne nous oubliez pas, c’est en sortant des jeux chez nous que la série sera de plus en plus connue et appréciée du public. Nous attendons avec impatience Innocence R / Hearts R ainsi que Vesperia PS3. C’est une bonne chose que les Tales Of se soient enfin fixés chez Sony (ça évite d’acheter de nombreuses consoles), mais sortez des jeux, dématérialisés, en boite, en français, en anglais, mais qu’ils arrivent !
* Surtout Vesperia PS3 en fait, ça fait un bout de temps qu’il aurait du/pu arriver dans nos contrées :/ *

+ I-Dusk-I on March 21st, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

@18

Buy the Japanese version. It has Japanese audio and will play on your region free PS3.

+ Elvick_ on March 21st, 2013 at 4:03 pm said:

I hope this means we get Tales of Hearts R and Tales of Innocence R… at retail. Not having games at retail, sends the message to random buyers “this system has no games”, thus hurting sales of the system and I just don’t like digital only release.

Not like Tales ever gets a huge production run anyway so… Please. D: We missed out on both DS versions (more annoyed that we missed Hearts… and we’ll never see it in it’s 2D original form ): but I’ll take what we can get with the Vita version… please…)

And frankly, Namco Bandai, you’ve done the Vita a disservice outside of Japan. We don’t even get One Piece when you’re localizing the PS3 version? Not even a digital only version? What’s that about? Never mind the bajillion Vita games we’ll never see from you guys. Gundam Seed Battle Destiny ;_;

+ Elvick_ on March 21st, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

Oh and you should consider releasing Japanese audio as DLC. Since, I can’t imagine you guys just including it anytime soon. I’d like the option to at least buy it.

+ SliK6SiK on March 21st, 2013 at 5:17 pm said:

I wish to play Tales of Vesperia as well, make it happen guys, the localization is already done so you’re halfway there!

+ rafael_martines on March 21st, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

@73 If Japanese version has english menus and subtitles I’ll buy :)

That’s why I love Ni No Kuni \o/

+ GeassFate on March 21st, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

Hey can we please have Tales of Xillia on the PSN also.

+ namDa65 on March 21st, 2013 at 7:02 pm said:

Hey Hideo Baba! I am in love with the tales series, and I am really hoping for the vita tales games to get localized. Preordering xillia soon. Will the ps2 tales games come to psn as well?

I was not a fan of the platform hopping the tales games have done, I bought a 360 initially for vesperia and then a ps3 for graces! I got a vita for innocence but there is no word for localization :(

+ Crimson-ScarXX7 on March 21st, 2013 at 7:13 pm said:

It’s great to hear this will be a “Tales of filled year” in western territories! Thank you Mr. Baba for giving us Graces f and Xillia. These games really mean a lot to me and I cherish every second I play. I hope we can experience the Vita titles as well. Thank you for everything you do! ^_________^

+ avluis on March 21st, 2013 at 7:17 pm said:

Got this game, got if from day one.
SO Namco, don’t forget to bring over the existing Tales of games for the PSVita too, day one purchase too!

+ jonjon0890 on March 21st, 2013 at 8:14 pm said:

please localize the PS3 version Tales of Versperia ASAP

+ Sarrop39 on March 21st, 2013 at 10:05 pm said:

Will this have dual audio?

+ Benzitor on March 21st, 2013 at 11:03 pm said:

So much love for the PS3, and absolutely no love for portable gamers….

Is there any chance to bring over here the Vita tales ???? And at the same time bring ALL the tales for the PSP that remained JAPAN exclusive ???

No, not any chance ???

+ Hero-Ikira on March 22nd, 2013 at 12:13 am said:

I already have Tales F, but I’ve been waiting a long time for Xillia to hit psn!

+ bmrskate on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:43 am said:

Why haven’t I played this series yet?? What’s wrong with me??

I will remedy this problem ASAP! These games look beautiful and I can’t get enough of classic RPG gameplay.

Thank you Bandai Namco! I’ll remember that Xillia is coming out as well.

+ bmrskate on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:47 am said:

A big thank you to Hideo Baba as well! How could I not thank the producer?

+ Shuffleblade on March 22nd, 2013 at 3:32 am said:

Give us the choice for Japanese voiceover and I’ll buy it again no matter what xD

+ M3rdUS on March 22nd, 2013 at 4:05 am said:

Hello Baba-san

Thanks a lot for the Tales games. They are one of the best RPGs ever

Would you please include a Japanese voices option for Tales of Xillia? I have been tweeting Namco about this for the past 5 months …. please add it

Can’t wait for Tales of Xillia

+ Rising_Rider on March 22nd, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

I’ve been thinking about buying Graces F for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. This is difficult..

(New) physical copy = $39.99 + tax = $45
PSN copy = $35, and if I spend $15 more I get $10 back from the promotion.. essentially 20% off = $28

Is the disc copy worth $17 more? Hmn..

+ Zionine on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

This and FFX/X-2…. -drool-

+ Remiel89 on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

Please bring Tales of Vesperia PS3!
As you prefer: retail or DD, English or Japanese dub (or both), etc…

I already bought my Tales of Graces F, but I appreciate you putting it on PSN, because it can be difficult to find it in stores.
And I am waiting for Tales of Xillia. Day1 for me!

+ Kid_Grim on March 22nd, 2013 at 7:47 pm said:

Always been a fan of the series, but it’s been so long since i played a good rpg i don’t know if i could still put that amount of time in a game…

+ Syuveil27 on March 23rd, 2013 at 3:37 pm said:

Its really a great new.

+ newgroundsguru on March 24th, 2013 at 1:01 am said:

Great! Now we just need to get the Vita games out here and i would be really happy!

+ eternalawesomnes on March 24th, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

Can we please get confirmation if this includes the Japanese audio track or not?

I’d rather support the US release but if it lacks this feature I will have to buy the Japanese version used off eBay since it has Miyuki Sawashiro and she is one of my favorite seiyuu.

I wish Namco would just hurry up and give us a straight yes or no already.

+ eternalawesomnes on March 24th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

I also agree with 75.

If we can’t have the Japanese audio included on disc, can we at least have the option to buy it as DLC?

+ ThanatosDMC on March 29th, 2013 at 8:05 pm said:

Only crappy English dub that sounds straight from crappy Funimation small pool of voice actors… no thanks. I’ll wait for the one with Japanese dubs.

+ ItaChu on April 1st, 2013 at 9:26 pm said:

just need to say this Hideo Baba please release the Vita Tales of, in the US as well PLEASE!!! I want them :)

+ Golden_Bear92 on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:16 pm said:

The moment I saw that Tales of Graces F was up for download I bought it immediately. I think I’m already close to the end of chapter 2. I just recently got Pascal into my party. Can’t wait for Tales of Xillia to come out. And here’s an idea I have. Since Tales of Vesperia is physically staying an exclusive for Xbox 360, Namco should release it on PS3 as a PSN download. Because I have money to buy a new game, not a whole new system. And we also need Tales of Legendia and Tales of the Abyss as PS2 classics or made into HD ports for the PS3.