LittleBigPlanet 3

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Announced for North America

Yoshinori Kitase's Avatar + Posted by Yoshinori Kitase on Mar 22, 2013 // FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Producer, Square Enix

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

Around 10 years ago, I was given the privilege of taking on the role of Producer on FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2. Just in time for PAX East, I am excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will be coming to North America this year for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

I invite you all to once again join Tidus and Yuna as they combat the colossal menace known as “Sin” to bring about lasting peace to the world of Spira – all in gorgeous HD!

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS VitaFinal Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

I’d like to thank the fans for supporting FINAL FANTASY and all of our efforts throughout these many years. We’ll be sharing more information and updates in the coming months, and we invite you to stay updated on all things FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 through our official website and Facebook page.

+ jayrabbit on March 22nd, 2013 at 7:59 am said:

I keep pressing the preorder button but nothing happens :….(

any chance to get this within the spend 50 deal? i have a couple more dollars to go and would pick this up day one if that is the case.

any chance we can get final fantasy V enabled for the vita? its the only ps1 that hasnt been.

+ Teflon02 on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Where is Final Fantasy Type-0?
Where is Crisis Core and KHBBS on PSN?
And finally, The PS Vita Versions I understand are being sold seperate, which I’m fine with BUT PLEASE have Physical PS Vita releases, PS Vita has alot smaller Memory limits so my 32GB is full and I need these physical releases. PLEASE.

+ Teflon02 on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

and FFV needs to work on my Vita,
and FFI and FFII PSP PSN releases please!!

+ nabilafzali02 on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Now square enix needs to get final fantasy 7 crisis core and kingdom hearts birth by sleep on ps vita

+ Chizuzuu on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Well, I did see other sites reporting that in Japan, the PS3 version will include both games on one disc, while the Vita versions may be separately packaged. I am wondering what sort of options we will have in the US. Will we have physical copies for both platforms? Will there be cross-buy? Will both games be available on both platforms on the PSN, and if so, will there be bundle pricing for purchasing both games for each platform, or for both platforms?

+ Craiji on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Cross Save?

+ clupula668 on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Can’t wait to play these and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 on the PS3!

In the meantime, an HD PS3 collection of Crisis Core and Type-0 wouldn’t be the worst idea in the world. Just saying.

+ sirauron14 on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

I so cant wait I already preordered it! I hope this is cross buy!

+ Zionine on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

This.. and the recent announcement of Xillia/Possible Vita Tales games…. MmMMmmm.. RPG Heaven..

Coupled with Killzone: Merc, and Soul Sacrifice.. this is a good year for gaming.

+ MarcusGearsofWar on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

Yeahhh for both I love that game I will try it again and if have trophies that will be my honor platinum

+ TUNA-EGG on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

Glad to hear of this – I have yet to play this installment and would like to do so on my Vita! But please, hear fans out and release the PHYSICAL Game Card. Fans who love a game and would buy it day one want a physical copy in their hands, not to mention save memory card space.

+ clupula668 on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Also, if anybody is reading these, and keeping score, please keep Versus XIII on PS3, instead of PS4. It’s a bad move to promote a game for one system and then make it come out exclusively on another.

+ Beargram on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

Thank you, based Atlus.

+ stackrabbit on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

No Link or Amazon page to order the PS Vita version! Gotta wait till Dec 31st ?!? Wasnt expecting X-2, guess thats why they took so long. Never played it. I’d like Crisis Core on Vita Also! Side note……. Share Near TOM Blitz Crystals with me on Vita!!!!!!!!! Add me!

+ Fardeenah on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

i hope the vita version is resonably priced both digital and retail… 20 $ seems a good price for each game

+ D-Squad3 on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

lol this is just like when you guys said to be excited for E3 for a new Final Fantasy. At least it’s better than nothing, now finish Versus XIII and then make Kingdom Hearts III after that.

+ ArchAngelMai on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Probably grab X on Vita, not like the either game had a good story, but the gameplay was great…looking forward to playing Blitzball on the go. As much as I would love $20 for the Vita version of X, I know that is a pipe dream.
As long as they start on FFXII HD soon I will be happy. As long as it doesn’t take another 3 years.

+ GameQuirks on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Day 1 buy for me. Can we pre-order now on PSN? lol

+ Fabio_R on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

Lulu in HD.

I’m happy. :)

+ nv_Los on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

I still remember this was my all time favorite game. I played 358 hours of this masterpiece and maxed out my entire sphere leveling up system… good time good times

+ zzamaro on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

Please be cross-buy. Make it happen Square-Enix. A long time fan is asking you.

Hope this is out soon :D

+ Falaut on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

Great and awesome, but what ever happened to the ZOE HD collection on Vita?!

+ IIL0YDII on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

bundled or not?crossbuy or not?

+ reson8er on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

I don’t ever do this, but I will this one time, for my favorite game of all time.

Begging Mode On:
Please, bring Final Fantasy XII/IZJS HD to PS3 and or Vita. If you do this, I will be forever happy.

Love,

FFXII’s Biggest fan,

reson8er

+ OnionKnight11 on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Now that we know FFX is coming this year, can we have FFXI HD next?

+ RulitoCR on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

THANKS!!!!!! but give me the release date!!!

+ subadictos on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

PS Vita version will have a “digital only” release or will we have a box with the two games in one “disk” or the two games each one on a “disk”???

+ H7E7R7U on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

Yes!! Finally it’s official. I hope it is a cross buy title :D

+ Sean_Pierce on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

I hope the FMVs will be properly re-rendered, not like what other HD collections have done. And in widescreen – sweet. X-2 International on the other hand – assuming its getting its share – will be a heck load of an expansion. Wonder if we’ll get LAST MISSION too..

+ Monterossa on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

Next:
Final Fantasy XII HD

+ zombie9 on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

This is out on PS3 and Vita no word on PS4. Well I can’t complain I still own on PS2 :)

+ ToFeY on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

give us the release date!!

+ nikornflakes on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

KH HD on vita please!

+ BlaqMagiq24 on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

Day one for me. It will be the first time I play FFX-2 but loved the hell out of FFX. One of my top 3 favorite FF games. This and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix is definitely on my go to games of this year before the release of the PS4.

If Square Enix keeps this up with the announcement of Versus being the next numbered FF and heading to PS4, I will start having a lot of respect for them again.

+ Healey- on March 22nd, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

From what I’ve read about this:
It’s not cross-buy, and for vita you’ll have to buy them separately. The ps3 edition will have both games on one disc; no idea about how it will be done digitally.

+ ToFeY on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

omg this & kingdom hearts HD what should i play first?? :D

+ PsychoticUsagi on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

FINALLY. Thank you. Glad this is coming at all the way Square Enix has been going.

+ Mister-Nep on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

So happy about this! Final Fantasy 10 is the reason why I’m a gamer today. So I’ll very easily be buying both versions without a second thought.

+ y0itzduy on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

I’m excited to have another good RPG on the Vita, but am a bit puzzled why X and X-2 would be sold under two different SKUs for the Vita, but the same SKU for PS3? This would be a great game for Cross Save, but I get the feeling that this game won’t be Cross Buy.

+ DefeatAirman on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY GIL!!!

+ jose213jose on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

I’m all set and fire up for this HD remaster of FFX & FFX-2; always been fan of Final Fantasy series 1- 13 and side games as well. My collection will be growing more now; :). Keep up the awesome work guys.

+ tony2077 on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

cool i wonder when it will get over here
i think the shut up and take my money is the best picture for this

+ KazeEternal on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Cross Play?
Cross Buy or Cross Discount?

+ adolson on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

How about Drakengard and Drakengard 2 HD remasters? And bring Drakengard 3 to North America? PLEASE!!! :D

+ Parhibition on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

I heard some talk a while back about possible adding some new content as well, have you guys decided not to do that?

What’s the price going to be?

+ CAMA1992 on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Does this also mean the EU will be getting it around the same time as well?

+ tony2077 on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

i don’t know maybe you can only hope they’ll be nice

+ JCMAC3 on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

AWESOME! I’m a huge fan of the older Final Fantasy games, especially IV-X. This is fantastic news for a long-time fan.

While I do hope it’s a cross-buy for people with a Vita, I’m really looking forward to playing this on my big ol’ HD TV.

+ TopenSG on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

since we are remastering older games, where is vandal hearts?

+ Red_Rum_89 on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:40 am said: