PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Announced for North America

Yoshinori Kitase's Avatar + Posted by Yoshinori Kitase on Mar 22, 2013 // FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Producer, Square Enix

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

Around 10 years ago, I was given the privilege of taking on the role of Producer on FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2. Just in time for PAX East, I am excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will be coming to North America this year for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

I invite you all to once again join Tidus and Yuna as they combat the colossal menace known as “Sin” to bring about lasting peace to the world of Spira – all in gorgeous HD!

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS VitaFinal Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

I’d like to thank the fans for supporting FINAL FANTASY and all of our efforts throughout these many years. We’ll be sharing more information and updates in the coming months, and we invite you to stay updated on all things FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 through our official website and Facebook page.

+ Asumos666 on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

I noticed the pre-order on amazon for the PS3, will that include some way for vita to get it or is the ps3 and vita versions sold separately from each other

+ KrisButtar on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

facebook link doesnt work

+ delorar21 on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

OMG!!!! Have been waiting for this ever since i first played X and X-2!!!! CANT WAIT!!!!!

+ binarymellon on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

Cross-Buy?

+ Park_Sang-Hee on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

Will they have the options of japanese voice overs or are we going to be stuck with english only?

+ TJF588 on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

Oh my Yevon, between KH HD 1.5 ReMIX and this, I’m gonna die. FFX and KH were two of my earliest PS2 plays, first borrowed from a friend along with Xenosaga Ep.1 and DBZ Budokai. I’ve craved the FINAL MIX and INTERNATIONAL(+LAST MISSION) additions, and now… Heck, I got more of a kick outta FFX-2 than I rightly should’ve; just a shame I won’t be able to Catnip-spam, haha!

Now, get onto FFXII Zodiac, KHIIFM + BbSFM, and a COMPILATION compilation (CC w/ movie viewer, DoC w/ Argento, and the ancillary AC/C materials, like the novel, LO, and Episode Denzel).

@43 Mougurijin – FFV is getting a high-def, 2D rerelease on iOS, likely next week. So excite!
Aside: SQEX, get all your apps Universal w/ Game Center and iCloud, ‘kay?!

+ Oblivian_92 on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Awesome! Can’t wait.
And please bring us FF XII in HD. It was my favorite game on the PS 2 believe it or not.

+ TJF588 on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Really hope @101 isn’t a spoiler… Poor form, and it’ll keep me from checking back (really wanna play FFXIII-2, but I’m compelled to’ve cleared its predecessor first, and FFXIII is so bad…).

+ peruhandcrafts on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

Will we have the option for dual audio? I would love to play this with the original Japanese voices!

+ saveur on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank Square-Enix for not titling this as Final Fantasy X/X~2 [HD ReMASTER 20XX], Final Fantasy X/X~2 HD: Tidus’ Titillating Toast, or Final Fantasy X/X~2 HD: The Phantom Paine.

+ DaSHAlpha on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

cool, but I’m still waiting for 6 and 7 to be remade. Come on already SquareEnix!!! Where’s my 3DS remake of 6 and PS3 HD remake of 7? I’d even go buy a Vita if they remade 6 or 7 for it…

+ Jerel on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

I really hope that they adjusted the difficulty of the final boss… I don’t want to get to the last guy and not be able to defeat him (again) because I didn’t grind or do any of the side-quests.

+ Icestar10 on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

I am excited!

I do have one question though: Will this be released digitally for the PS3 and VIta?

Also, would it be possible to also release this for the PS4? I am disappointed that all my PS3 games won’t transfer to the PS4 so I would like to get as much games on the PS4 as much as possible.

+ bldagl on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

glad ffx is finally getting the attention it deserves but is there any point of this on ps3 since your releasing the probably non-tested ps4 this year.also in your face ff7.

+ Evermeet on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Maybe a dumb question, but with the HD remaster, will there be trophy support?

+ furystylee on March 22nd, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

YES!!! Thanks for the VITA love, too!

+ Phoenix_1992_ on March 22nd, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

YES INTERNATIONAL VERSION!!! now just gemme FFXII HD on my vita and i’ll be happy square-enix!

+ Squiggle55 on March 22nd, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

And we’re still getting a whole new Final Fantasy announcement at E3, right?

+ thrillwell on March 22nd, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

How I Jecht shot?

+ schmidt22 on March 22nd, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

Favorite game of all time. I’ve been waiting YEARS to play the international version, and now i can, WITH TROPHIES :D

+ ShariusTC on March 22nd, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

i hear that ps3 and psv version will have different set of trophy, is that true?

+ KrazE94 on March 22nd, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

Can you ask them if there is any PSN version planned? If not, can you ask them to consider it?

+ Heatseeker125 on March 22nd, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Digital version of this seems like a no-brainer but then I remember that I’m still waiting for digital version of Crisis Core so I’m no longer certain. What the hell, Square Enix???

+ Senjutsu_Dav on March 22nd, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Darn, I already played more than 200 hours on FFX to have everything possible (and more than 45k HP for each members haha).

Now I’ll have to play those games from the start, all over again, darn. And I don’t even have a choice since it’s the internationnal version, with the dark aeons and the FFX-2 Last Mission.

Really cool, but where are FFvs13 and the FFVII remake?

+ BANDICOOTKING on March 22nd, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

Very excited.

Mr. Producer guy, can you confirm or deny the rumor that while the ps3 version will be on one disk, the vita version will have to be purchased seperately?

+ Fardeenah on March 22nd, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

will final fantasy X remaster feature new game plus? i dont wanna lose all my stats/items after countless hours of grinding

+ Senjutsu_Dav on March 22nd, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

@Fardeenah: Why would you want a new game plus system? You cannot miss a single thing from this game. And since it take 100+ hours to finish (including creations like Omega Weapon, and now the Dark Aeons), you won’t want to do it again, lol.

+ ElektroDragon on March 22nd, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Amazing! Will buy! Now please also give us FF XII HD and then (GASP) FF VII HD?!

+ BANDICOOTKING on March 22nd, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

@senjutsu_Dav

Yes you can miss things, most importantly the al-bhed books. There are several you only have one shot to get, and one of those is at a point when you have no possible way of knowing you need to get it or that it is there.

And while Al_bhed dictionary carries over, it is THE ONLY thing that carries over. Everything else is lost. Although, considering that may have been the first use of System data, it’s pretty impressive.

+ Mando44646 on March 22nd, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

Cross buy and cross play! Please Sony, get Square to do it

+ MyrequeArk on March 22nd, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

Just logged in to say that I want FF VIII and IX HD Remasters with trophies too.

Thank you.

PS: Yes, I will buy this. Twice if it has 4 platinums :P

+ ragnarok_weapon on March 22nd, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Will there be a Collector or Limited Edition? If possible I try to get every copy of the special edition available in the FF franchise ^_^

+ JMacSP on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

Main reason why I bought a Vita last year in February when it came out… Finally SquareEnix! FF 10 on the go with Trophies :D
…. Just follow in 2014 with Dissidia 3 and you will have my money again lol

+ BANDICOOTKING on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

@JMacSP

Unfortunately, as of the last SE said about dissidia, duodecim was the last of the series, presumably because the next evolution in the serious would be fighting multiple enemies in a wide, traversable environment, aka kingdom hearts. But you know, without the disney.

Who knows though, they may already have a third one ready to spit out tomorrow.
I know I’d enjoy it.

+ SHAVEZ on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:27 pm said:

Not a Square Enix game, but I want a remaster of the Xenosaga Trilogy

+ duke301 on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:30 pm said:

To be honest, I would have been happy with a PS2 Classic release on PS3, but I certainly wasn’t expecting a complete remaster! With trophy support?! This is awesome! I’ll be eagerly awaiting this one!

+ passivefamiliar on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

Ah. My credit card will be hurting for this one. Bah. Trophies? I almost hope NOT. I’m getting away from trophies lately. They are still fun but its more a surprise lately if one pops, which is nice.

But this is good to see finally hit, hope its digital. Expect it will be.

So, any possibility of a way to make blitzball an ONLINE option? You know you want to. Blitzball with friend invite. Please?

+ HyperFlash on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

Next HD game relese PLEASE BE DARK CLOUD 1 AND 2 ….and possable Rouge Galaxy

+ suckin_blood on March 22nd, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

Yay, Now do Crash Bandcoot!

+ fatjoe400 on March 22nd, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

Sweet! Can’t wait to play ffx2 again :D

+ Bicgoozgetten-69 on March 22nd, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

game developers are being lazy and recycling old games. When is FF 14 a realm reborn coming out

Sent From my PS Vita.

+ TWODEEEE on March 22nd, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

HELL YESS!! i knew this was coming months and months ago but i didnt think it was soon, cant wait

+ Gezo24 on March 22nd, 2013 at 4:00 pm said:

Im glad. I never wanted to play it when I was younger, but now I do. Good chance to play it now.

+ tusunami on March 22nd, 2013 at 4:11 pm said:

This will be most be interesting to be coming stateside, can’t wait to play this on my PS Vita!!!!!!!!

+ Chengmeista on March 22nd, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

Can’t wait! Will be getting this on day 1 for sure for my PS Vita. Time to put that bad boy into good use!

+ Nphillyrican7 on March 22nd, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

you guys also should do this with final fantasy 7 that game is also awesome to do a remake like this one on HD

+ Lonestar134578 on March 22nd, 2013 at 4:49 pm said:

That is nice how about a HD Remake for FF7. One of the most beloved games of the whole FF Series.

+ PrinceofXIII on March 22nd, 2013 at 4:59 pm said:

all it needs is dual audio and a retranslation of the final scene in FFX

*SPOILERS

in the japanese version Yuna actually says “Thank You” and NOT “I Love You”

i really don’t get why the western division changed that, i mean this is big difference right there.

although they are signs of love for sure, Yuna really cherish her time with Tidus during their adventures in FFX.

only in FFX-2 where she begins to realize how much she misses him, and eventually admits she like Tidus

*END SPOILERS

definitely getting this for sure!!!!!

+ tgpumpkin on March 22nd, 2013 at 5:08 pm said:

FFX HD = Win :)

Now a FFVI HD remake perhaps ? ;)

+ Elvick_ on March 22nd, 2013 at 5:17 pm said:

I hope that the Vita versions are RETAIL…

I’ll buy all of them. PS3 version, and both Vita games.

If you had told me that one day I could play FFX and FFX-2 on a handheld, I would have not believed it. So excited.

Wish KH ReMix 1.5 was on Vita too though. ): I want to be able to play Kingdom Hearts anywhere. D: