PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Announced for North America

Yoshinori Kitase's Avatar + Posted by Yoshinori Kitase on Mar 22, 2013 // FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Producer, Square Enix

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

Around 10 years ago, I was given the privilege of taking on the role of Producer on FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2. Just in time for PAX East, I am excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will be coming to North America this year for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

I invite you all to once again join Tidus and Yuna as they combat the colossal menace known as “Sin” to bring about lasting peace to the world of Spira – all in gorgeous HD!

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS VitaFinal Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

I’d like to thank the fans for supporting FINAL FANTASY and all of our efforts throughout these many years. We’ll be sharing more information and updates in the coming months, and we invite you to stay updated on all things FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 through our official website and Facebook page.

+ Elvick_ on March 22nd, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

PS: Praise be to Yevon.

+ angelbless45 on March 22nd, 2013 at 5:22 pm said:

Finally some news about this!!! I only need FFVsXIII news and I can rest in peace xD

+ BlazinAvenger117 on March 22nd, 2013 at 5:23 pm said:

That’s great news, I wonder if they’ll ever remake FF7 in HD.

+ ArcticNinja21 on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:17 pm said:

Hurry up and give us Type-0 already! So many people want it!

+ XeahuleXolic on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:30 pm said:

this is a must buy!! wow now Im super pumped i wonder if we will see a FF character on PSASBR, nevertheless I can’t wait for this to come out!!

+ Ginsu3000 on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:31 pm said:

in agreement with #150. I understand that the push seems to be digital but a physical copy, especially a collectors edition, would be worth tons of Gil!!

+ Perish_Song on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:33 pm said:

Will there be a ps4 release later in the year or in later years? I have it for ps2 and love the collection, but wouldn’t mind having the HD versions. I just don’t want to buy it a 3rd time.

+ saintaqua on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:41 pm said:

This year? That is much better than I was hoping! Please keep us updated often!!
I’d really be happy if this was cross buy. ;)

+ joh4nlee on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:47 pm said:

looking good, any release date yet? so i can save my money for this. Hopefully it’ll come out before TLoU :D

+ Seanty575 on March 22nd, 2013 at 7:15 pm said:

Can’t wait it’s still my favorite game of all time!!!

+ TUNA-EGG on March 22nd, 2013 at 7:45 pm said:

FFXは未プレーですがVITAでプレーできるのは嬉しいですね。
ダウンロード版だけでなくゲームカード版も販売して欲しいという皆さんの願いをどうか叶えてください。
(おかしい日本語ですみません)。

+ Zeruel36 on March 22nd, 2013 at 7:50 pm said:

Would love a response to the question on how the Vita version will work. Is it going to be both digital only or FFX physical with X2 being digital? I hope they will both be physical.

+ ItaChu on March 22nd, 2013 at 7:51 pm said:

since you made this post before monday i guess that means the monday trailer doesnt have a release date …..

cuz it would have been more logical to make this post when the release date was known dont you think?

+ Dken264 on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:05 pm said:

It’s bout time is all I can say XD

+ Tchanku on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:17 pm said:

I might finally play X-2. :)

+ logicsquirrel on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:31 pm said:

If there is no date, there is no point to this as it is old news… of course i will be getting it for my vita but that was a given.

+ GintokiSsan on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:44 pm said:

This is freaking awesome.. Thank you.. Now I’d only they could make the ffvii remake I’ll pay anything for it almost lol

+ Zyzxx on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:46 pm said:

Coudln’t be happier or more excited about this announcement! Took Square Enix long enough to do so!

Not only do we get FFX HD, but we will also get FFX-2 HD and both will be the international versions? And it will be released this year? We get some screenshots finally, and a trailer to be shown on the 25th, too? Who seriously slapped some sense into Square Enix to get them acting right? ABOUT TIME!

You can preorder the PS3 version already on Amazon for $39.99! The link is right on the official website!

+ BANDICOOTKING on March 22nd, 2013 at 8:52 pm said:

The only things that could make this better would be anouncing they are remaking 12 as well and it all will be free on ps plus.

+ F2theAT on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:56 pm said:

good…..this n’ Kingdom Hearts……now drop FF12 and then all I need Onimusha trilogy.

+ GEMINIVice on March 23rd, 2013 at 12:43 am said:

FFXII, FFXII, FFXII, FFXII, FFXII!!!!

Please remaster FFXII also. Glad the FFX remaster is finally official though. Lulu in HD, Zanarkand, Blitzball….so looking forward to it.

+ baniann on March 23rd, 2013 at 2:28 am said:

Just beautiful! SO excited about this! Hoping for International versions.

+ Patchex on March 23rd, 2013 at 4:01 am said:

I am glad to see this Blog Post finally after Years… Now only if we could get Capcom to do the same with Resident Evil Outbreak my PS3 collection will be complete lol… Great work and thank you for bringing one of My fav games of all time to PS3…

+ Selyna on March 23rd, 2013 at 4:15 am said:

Great news. Day 1 (pre-order) buy for me. Have waited for these for a long time, with extreme excitement.

Thank you for keeping them on the slate, in the face of competitive markets.

+ sk_fudge on March 23rd, 2013 at 6:59 am said:

i normally wait for a price drop on these hd collections if i havent played them on the ps2. not this one though. i loved x and x-2. day one purchase

+ WhiteAgony08 on March 23rd, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

AMAZING!, plus, it’s the International versions!!!, finally I can die in peace!!!

+ FreeTrial101 on March 23rd, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

SO EFFING EXCITED!!!!!

+ Icestar10 on March 23rd, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Can we please get a PS4 version of this and the Kingdom Hearts collection? :)

+ CJB-4 on March 23rd, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Digimon world 1234 and card battle. add to ps1 and 2 classics
now your loosing my money

+ Gmafz7 on March 23rd, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Is it gonna be cross buy?

+ Remmy8199 on March 23rd, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

I’ll believe it when it’s actually on the shelves. How many years has it been now since they first announced this?

+ jqtaxpayer on March 23rd, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Any comment on why it was decided that X and X-2 be released separately on Vita? It seems counter intuitive to shake down such a limited user base — a user base that doesn’t seem to be growing at all, in fact. It would seem to be a better idea to sell them separately on an already-established platform like PS3 than to nickel and dime a user base that you’re trying to foster the growth of…

+ omega1213 on March 23rd, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

@182
actually it depends on price kinda. i have read several posts on different sites from people who like X but not X-2 or vice versa. bearing that in mind if they price it as something like $40 for ps3 and $20 a piece for vita then vita actually has the better deal as you would pay $20 for 1 game you want rather than $40 for 1 you want and 1 you don’t

+ meFreeman on March 23rd, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

SquareEnix don’t like mney… They know that a FF VII remake will sell biliins of copyes around the world and yet they only make a FF VII remake wen they make a better FF…

I hope you guys know that MAY take several decades, if you know what I mean…

+ meFreeman on March 23rd, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

ps vita keyboard…. nvm

+ Octavius_Tren on March 23rd, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Been Waiting FOREVER for these to come to ps2 list. even more happy that i see they gonna be remastered in HD. will there be cross buy for vita/ps3 owners and will plus members get n e sort of discount when first released?

+ Bogard055 on March 23rd, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Final fantasy x was the last amazing title in the final fantasy series but since then every final fantasy that they have released are just decent not great titles….its a shame that these people at square-enix dont make more memorable final fantasy titles like they used to….. YOU LOST YOUR TOUCH!!!

+ Sarrop39 on March 23rd, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

I know this is just wishful thinking, but will this have dual audio? :(

+ PhillyPhreak on March 23rd, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

I get the sense that Sony and S-E are trying to rekindle the magic they once had from the old days (PS1 and PS2). With Sony trying to appeal to us gamers again after the announcement of the PS4, this announcement, and rumors of FF XV being exclusive to the PS4, now has never been a better time to be a PlayStation fan. :)

+ KnifingGrimace on March 23rd, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Day one buy. Now get started on the game I really want, Final Fantasy XII HD.

No, seriously. Start on it. Now. Please?

+ juggalorider on March 23rd, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

@KiD_SyM not only can I tell ur a little kid by your name but also by what u said. if u were smart u would know FF7 is on the psn an has been for a long time. they also have more than 1 FF on the ps1 classics. I also can’t believe kids like u come here an ask stupid questions like that

+ JoseMose on March 23rd, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

BONG!!!!!!

+ X_DanBurns_X on March 23rd, 2013 at 4:27 pm said:

I have eagerly awaited this post althought I thought they would release it as a ps2 classic

+ JiruchY on March 23rd, 2013 at 5:10 pm said:

I would LOVE a BlitzBall Mulltiplayer!! Please!

+ Piccolo113 on March 23rd, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

I love how when I click on the images, it takes me to flickr and tells me the images are private and that I don’t have permission to view them.

Seriously, guys, wtf.

+ jqtaxpayer on March 23rd, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

@183: Fair enough — if the price of the two games together doesn’t exceed the price of, say, the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for Vita then I’d be happy to consider the point moot. After seeing the way Square Enix has handled some of their pricing (particularly on iOS App Store, but also PSN), I’m not confident that they will be able to price things fairly, to be frank. Personally, I hated X-2 so much that I returned it to the store the same day I brought it home, but if it’s going to cost me the same, I’d rather have more than less. You never know… I played X-2 a long time ago. Maybe the person I’ve become would be more receptive to it?

+ PhoenixDowny on March 23rd, 2013 at 8:51 pm said:

Finally some good PS Vita news! YAY!

+ Hooligantuan on March 23rd, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

Hahahaha ha, there hasn’t been a good Final Fantasy since 6.

+ trace_hatake on March 23rd, 2013 at 9:05 pm said:

If this is a Cross-Save game, I’m pretty sure anyone who loves the series would easily throw $20-%25 at this game bundle. This is going off the price for Oddworld for $15 (can’t remember if cross-save) with the same look as this.

+ icedenix on March 23rd, 2013 at 9:17 pm said:

fabuloso muero de ganas de tenerlo