PS4-Infamous

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Announced for North America

Yoshinori Kitase's Avatar + Posted by Yoshinori Kitase on Mar 22, 2013 // FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Producer, Square Enix

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

Around 10 years ago, I was given the privilege of taking on the role of Producer on FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2. Just in time for PAX East, I am excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will be coming to North America this year for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

I invite you all to once again join Tidus and Yuna as they combat the colossal menace known as “Sin” to bring about lasting peace to the world of Spira – all in gorgeous HD!

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS VitaFinal Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS3 and PS Vita

I’d like to thank the fans for supporting FINAL FANTASY and all of our efforts throughout these many years. We’ll be sharing more information and updates in the coming months, and we invite you to stay updated on all things FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 through our official website and Facebook page.

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ Taiko_us1983 on March 23rd, 2013 at 10:31 pm said:

Day one for me. Now, I just need a higher capacity memory stick (more than 32 GB) at an affordable price.

+ WALKINGTHESAURUS on March 23rd, 2013 at 11:42 pm said:

Played both on PS2… looking forward to the remake… Can’t wait… \(^_^)/

+ icecoldgangstaa on March 24th, 2013 at 1:19 am said:

This game, along with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD will be on pre-order for me. Square, looks like you’re FINALLY willing to take SOME of my money!

+ Aurablade77 on March 24th, 2013 at 1:23 am said:

Kimahri is so cute! I love him!

+ Radprofile on March 24th, 2013 at 1:39 am said:

I want Final Fantasy XII HD Remastered !!!

Not sure if there are chances to happen, but it could be a MUST buy for me.

+ chrisstevens1985 on March 24th, 2013 at 1:47 am said:

this is so freaking great. I have been waiting for this thank you so much!

+ lordgodalming on March 24th, 2013 at 3:17 am said:

Holy smokes, I can’t wait for this. (Nitpick alert! Does it look like they’re still running with two different LOD models for the main characters in FFX? Seems like the PS3 could handle the high-poly models in every scene.)

+ Seiji_Mad_Dog on March 24th, 2013 at 4:55 am said:

Nice! I will love to play FFX on my Vita. Hope we have a discounted cross-buy option, but since it’s Square…

+ R_aVe_N on March 24th, 2013 at 6:30 am said:

No retail release on Vita = No BUY for me. I don’t buy digital games. Never have never will.

+ Radprofile on March 24th, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

Amazon pre order…

“This item will be released on December 31, 2013.”

+ jonjon0890 on March 24th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

At least Final Fantasy X & X-2 > FF13 & FF13-2

+ juggalorider on March 24th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

this my fav ff, I also really like 12 an 7 an 4 an 5, I own 4 an 5 on psp an I have them on the vita but Im gonna love this since it will have trophys an I can’t wait for ff13-3 an ff14 online a relam reborn but I don’t care about ff13v online

+ juggalorider on March 24th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD errrrrr why not a Kingdom Hearts 3 an not a HD remake

+ juggalorider on March 24th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

also I would love to see bigger memory cards for the vita, its really sad the biggest 1 in store is a 32GB but online I can find a 64GB an that’s still to small if I want to download all my psp games an plus add vita games, my old psp had a 32GB card an I had double that payed for on the store

+ juggalorider on March 24th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

opps an I ment ff 3 an 4 on psp not 4 an 5

+ SpooNManX on March 24th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

I lost interest in FF after FFVII.
Square has teased with FF VII HD since the PS3 unveiling, but I guess that’s all it was…

+ juggalorider on March 24th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

@SpooNManX didn’t you see the interview were they said that was a teaser an nothing more? I will guess not since u still were hoping for a HD remake an its alittle sad u wont try anymore, ya 8 wasn’t that good I never played 9 an I started on 10 an 10-2 was alright, I didn’t really play 11 since I only tried it on stupid xbox an I never touched an xbox since an I never will again, 13 was really fun but 13-2 time travel an more than one ending ruined it for me but I have high hopes for 13-3, lightning is my fav FF character, im still waiting for FF14 online a relam reborn to come to ps3 since I don’t play PC games an I would have tried the PC version if I could try for free with out having to have a friend that plays, if u can’t tell I don’t have any friends that play MMOs, also I would have never brought the PC version since I hate the controls an my ps3 is way better, I never have to upgrade it to play a game, upgrade parts can cost more than a ps3

+ thegreatbradsby on March 24th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

AH!!! I am so excited for this! X was probably my favorite Final Fantasy game ever!

+ Binarynova on March 24th, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

Don’t know why FFX is getting the HD treatment honestly. I guess I was the only one who didn’t like it. FFX is the only Final Fantasy game I’ve ever taken to Gamestop for in-store credit. I still have all my old cartridges and discs for all the others. That said, I hope this does well so we can maybe get FF12 International Zodiac Job System edition in HD.

+ ExHaseo on March 24th, 2013 at 3:59 pm said:

Finally, some news on it! It’s nice to see that they upgraded the character models, I really want to see how X-2 looks though.

Either way, I’ll be picking up the disc for PS3, then picking up just X on my Vita, as long as you can share save files. Otherwise, I’ll just get the PS3 version.

+ juggalorider on March 24th, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

@Binarynova your funny. why? because I loved ff10

+ Ankar7287 on March 24th, 2013 at 4:54 pm said:

This is the pre order page from amazon.com clearly says release date 12-31-13 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BY0G0YU. I cant wait till it is out going to order it probably from Square directly though

+ Shadow_Enz on March 24th, 2013 at 5:46 pm said:

Retail release please! That’s the only way I’ll buy this.

Do not disappoint!

*fingers crossed*

+ Shadow_Enz on March 24th, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

Dual-Retail release* I should specify.

+ solo013 on March 24th, 2013 at 7:21 pm said:

I can’t wait for this.

+ ossiecastro5 on March 24th, 2013 at 7:31 pm said:

I never played a Final Fantasy game before. But I’m a really big Kingdom Hearts fan. I’ll be looking forward to this!

+ Project-AIREEZ on March 24th, 2013 at 8:15 pm said:

although FFX isn’t my favorite in the series it will always have a home in my collection. I am especially thrilled FFX-2 is i the works too. I adore x-2. Can’t wait play them on vita with some headphones and snacks. :v

+ Skyyplum on March 24th, 2013 at 8:42 pm said:

FF X is by far my favorite of the series and I really look forward to playing this in HD. I was in college when this first came out. Let’s just say I missed a few morning classes due to “sickness” :P

+ nhamokid on March 24th, 2013 at 8:45 pm said:

Not yet sure if I’m going to buy both. Definitely not a day-1 purchase for me. Since their announcement ages ago, I have played X on my PS2 twice. It’s a good thing they remastered X-2 as well which I will surely get. I wish they have given us a hint of its estimated (or prejected at least) release so that I would have controlled myself from playing it. *sigh* Nevertheless, still a must-buy for me, just a little disappointed with SE.

+ DemonicBl4des on March 24th, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

how about you just give us FF VII remake for ps3 or ps4?

+ DarkCloudX7 on March 24th, 2013 at 9:04 pm said:

We really need a remastered ff7 to go with old advent children story. Then I think, final fantasy could continue truly. just an opinion.

+ Hengbok on March 24th, 2013 at 10:05 pm said:

I wonder if the CG movies will be re-rendered in HD :)

Kind of like how FFVIII had larger and more clear resolution CG cutscenes on the PC version compared to the PS1 version.

+ Trevor9000 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:26 am said:

Glad to see other people asking for a FF12 remake. I myself thought it was the best one because of the battle system because I never was a fan of touching an enemy and going to a battle screen or whatever. I would love to play that game again with trophies and everything.

+ Amir_G_M_US on March 25th, 2013 at 2:50 am said:

Though announced on Gamespot that the Vita versions will be sold separately, I hope it will still have the option of a Cross-Buy!
Stop drilling money from the users!

+ noctepes on March 25th, 2013 at 4:01 am said:

FF X, To Zanarkand my remember

+ my360broke_again on March 25th, 2013 at 5:02 am said:

I am glad they are releasing the games separately on the vita. I don’t want to waste money on X-2. Terrilbe game compared to X. Marks the start of the downfall of Square IMO.

+ Spyderzzz on March 25th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

I want this so bad…the only gamer tattoo I have is the Jecht symbol on my *whiste* TMI? Meh…I LOVE these games!!!! Stoked for this!!!

+ Fry_Priest on March 25th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

Has the gameplay been advanced in anyway?Also, are there any new monsters, items or areas to explore?

+ TinKun113 on March 25th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

[flash=http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n463/textspace/lcd/lcd_7.swf?w=450&h=46&c=1&spd=2&b=11&t=GUSTONG+GUSTO+KITA+TALAGA+%22GAIL+KRISTEL%22+++++++++-TINKUN]quality=high wmode=transparent width=450 height=46[/flash]

+ freestyle-xgp on March 25th, 2013 at 4:09 pm said:

Totally buying this game for the PS3!

+ SuperiorRuler on March 26th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

I’m so excited. :)!!!!!

+ SuperiorRuler on March 26th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

I’m so excited. :)!

+ Explosive_Dart_1 on March 27th, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

please make it soon im so ready to play now trying to get it on a usb to play now lol.

+ CommandingTiger on March 28th, 2013 at 5:32 pm said:

That’s good.

Just wish we’d got an english version of Type-0 coming our way..

+ sammy9005 on April 6th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

stop trying to rip us vita owners off! you can put one game where the manuals are supposed to be (because i bet there’s just gonna be digital manuals) and then you can put the other game where the games normally go duuh

+ sammy9005 on April 6th, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

and if you still are releasing the games separately for the vita is there gonna be a bundled version and is it gonna be sold at retail it better -_-

+ Freeman_0047 on April 13th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

Please release FFXII HD after this!

PAGE 1 3 4 5