PS4-Watch_Dogs

The PlayStation Recap: What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Mar 24, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Are you guys ready for GDC? Keep an eye on PS.Blog for coverage of any PlayStation news coming out of the conference! Oh, and my condolences to anybody who went to PAX East and is now gearing up for GDC — I don’t know how you do it.

Beyond: Two Souls is an official selection at Tribeca Film Festival, we confirmed the upcoming North American release of Final Fantasy X and X2 (in glorious HD), Vlambeer’s LUFTRAUSERS is coming to PS3 and PS Vita (I’m personally very excited for this one), mech battler Carnage Heart EXA is out on PSN now, Pinball wizards everywhere can try out the new Star Trek: The Next Generation table in The Pinball Arcade, and more.

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: Dead or Alive 5 +, PixelJunk Monsters & Eden
  • I’m watching: Archer, Army of Darkness
  • I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast 066

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ dodgedoors on March 24th, 2013 at 4:38 pm said:

Reading : Daemon by Daniel Suarez, “Zombie Fallout” series by Mark Tufo

Playing: Bioshock 2, Smart As.., Hot Shots Vita

Listening: Tom Waits (always)

Watching: Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Americans

+ romeyo007 on March 24th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

I’m playing: Hyperdimension Neptunia V, Atelier Totori
I’m watching: Weekly anime on Crunchyroll
I’m listening to: Hyperdimension Neptunia V OST CD

+ MakoSOLIDER on March 24th, 2013 at 4:51 pm said:

I’m playing: UNCHARTED 3 MP, Ratchet & Clank, The Last Guardian
Just beat: GoW Ascension and platinumed!
Watching: Nothing, hey Justin have u watched any anime recently? Did u try the 2 I recommended? Steins;Gate & Code Geass
Listening to: God of War: Ascension Soundtrack

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 24th, 2013 at 9:15 pm said:

Not yet, but I plan to! I did see a new Ghibli film recently though: From Up on Poppy Hill. Pretty good flick, but I enjoyed the other ones more.

Of the two you recommended, which should I watch first?

+ dodgedoors on March 24th, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

@3 Mako how hard is hard mode? I have all but that trophy.

+ MakoSOLIDER on March 24th, 2013 at 5:24 pm said:

@4. It was pretty touch but the game is pretty forgiving with checkpoints throughout. There’s a strategy for beating every part really. The only part u have to master is the Trial of Archimedes which has no checkpoints for all three waves. You’re gonna have to use a strategy for that. Overall though, not too difficult, I quite enjoyed it on hard which was my first playthrough.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 24th, 2013 at 5:41 pm said:

I’m playing: PSASBR, Nun Attack, The cave, Resident Evil 6: Mercenaries.
I’m watching: Soul Eater
I’m listening to: Capcom vs SNK 2 OST’s
Waiting on: Bioshock Infinite

+ Alastor424 on March 24th, 2013 at 6:00 pm said:

I’m playing: God of War: Ascension and PlayStation All-Stars BR Zeus!
Excited for BioShock and Deadly Premonition.

Also excited for all PS4 games being digital!

+ Alastor424 on March 24th, 2013 at 6:02 pm said:

@5 Mako, I HATED that part haha I just beat it today on hard and that part was the most difficult. 3 waves with spamming enemies and no health regeneration :O

+ thebiglouie on March 24th, 2013 at 6:24 pm said:

I read on the European Playstation site that automatic downloads from purchases made on the webstore to the PS3 will be coming this May.

I hope our region won’t have to wait a month or two for this to come here, unlike the wait with the new PS3 store app and webstore rollout.

+ MakoSOLIDER on March 24th, 2013 at 6:27 pm said:

@8 I hated it too but once u got the tricks down, had the right plan, and beat it it was soooo satisfying! Thanks you Santa Monica for the challenge!

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 24th, 2013 at 7:29 pm said:

I’m playing:
-Dead or Alive 5+ (Is there DLC coming next Tuesday, the Cheerleader DLC?)
-God of War Saga and then God of War: Ascension (thanks to Gamestop for selling GoW: Ascension with GoW: Saga for FREE!!!

I’m watching:
-The Simpsons Season 15 on DVD.

+ Alastor424 on March 24th, 2013 at 8:46 pm said:

@10 that’s very true haha it felt great afterwords.

Justin, any word on Jak & Daxter for the Vita? When will it be released?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 24th, 2013 at 9:12 pm said:

No news, sorry. If that changes you’ll find out here so stay tuned!

+ X_O-Big_Boss on March 24th, 2013 at 11:22 pm said:

I’m playing: Dead or Alive 5+-Got the Hotties and Fighter packs,and I’ve been getting a lot better with Tina!
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale-used the dlc voucher that came with GoWA,Zeus and Clarke are great additions.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3(Vita)-a few more arcade endings and i’ll get my 100th gold trophy!.
and Disgaea 3 AoD + Disgaea AoD- I promised myself I would spend my Spring break beating AoD’s Etna mode,and getting a fake ending in 3,so that I could come back to the game in the summer and beat it easily.
I’m watching: Disgaea Anime.
Listening to: DoA5 soundtrack.
I hope me and a bunch of others get a fix on the DoA5+ & Paradise bundle;It just gave us DoA5+ :l
Speaking of which,it looks like I’ll be getting $20 next month,so woot.I spend like a madman when the store has great deals like this :P

+ MakoSOLIDER on March 25th, 2013 at 3:26 am said:

@Justin Steins;Gate is shorter at around 26 eps. Code Geass is 2 seasons (each is 25 eps). You really cant go wrong with either. Code Geass has story and action but Steins;Gate really has a great story and less action

+ Tallon519 on March 25th, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

I’m playing Dark Souls, and Dead Space 3. Oh and Defiance. It looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun.

I’m listening to random music.

I’m watching PS.Blog for the announcement that after 3 months of waiting the Soul Sacrifice demo is finally available in every PlayStation Store. Not even that it’s translated just made available for everyone to download.
Oh and Dark Souls with James on YouTube.

+ MTK4355 on March 25th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

Walking Dead on Vita! Did I miss a PlayStation Blog post about this? That is incedible news!