No Man's Sky

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag New Gameplay Trailer

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar + Posted by Gabriel Graziani on Mar 25, 2013 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

We are extremely excited to present the very first Gameplay Trailer for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag! After years of hard work, we are finally able to unveil a rich world full of adventure, excitement, mystery and a hero unlike any Assassin you have ever met.

Plunge into the exotic world of The West Indies in 1715. During the Golden Age of Pirates, the seas were as lucrative as they were lethal… only the most cunning and ruthless of individuals could survive long enough to achieve wealth and infamy beyond their wildest dreams.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

This is the world you will explore as Captain Edward Kenway. A Pirate trained by Assassins, he is fearsome, lethal, brutal, and a loyal captain to his crew. Edward lives in secrecy and battles alongside historical pirate legends such as Blackbeard and Calico Jack. But what truly motivates this dashing rogue and how is he connected to this suddenly sprawling pirate empire?

Join us under the Black Flag of Assassin’s Creed IV and find out for yourself!

39 Comments

+ four24twenty on March 25th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

No thank you.

+ Arucard55X on March 25th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Wow Looks better than 3′s, cuz lets be honest 3 was kinda bad…..it was a good game but you cant like a game if you dont like the character your playing.

+ Fardeenah on March 25th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

what abt the next vita game? rising phoenix? any info??

+ Alastor424 on March 25th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Can’t wait. Assassins Creed 3 was one of my favorite games past year. Spent hours getting those trophies, they were fun. Just please no more online trophies. Those are never fun.
I’ve been wanting a pirate game forever haha.

+ Miggy11 on March 25th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Oh man I can’t wait for the umpteenth installment of Assassin’s Creed.

+ PARTEE on March 25th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

When can we see the PS4 version in action?

+ SillyBastid on March 25th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

on to the next series Ubisoft… snooze fest

+ duke301 on March 25th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

The trailer looks good. My only reservation about the game itself is how much takes place on land and how much takes place at sea. While I enjoyed the missions aboard the Aquilla in AC III, I think a whole game based around sea-faring missions is apt to get old really quick. My favorite part of the AC games in general is remaining invisible until it comes time to kill your target, and that doesn’t seem possible assuming most of the game takes place at sea.

+ zingakun on March 25th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Great gameplay, Captain Kenway looks really brutal, but he seems to clean and shaved to be a pirate…

Too bad I’m still playing Revelations, it’s too difficult to keep up with the annual releases… but they’re always welcome :)

+ BRANDON-BARTIE on March 25th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

Do I see a stingray at 1:31? :D THANK YOU UBISOFT

+ bakerarmy on March 25th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Sorry, but I am not excited at all. AC 3 was a let down, I liked the beginning but after I was Connor it just went down hill.

Why should I care about Connors grandpa?

What about the core story? Desmond is gone and I don’t care if the world burns

+ Ryumoau on March 25th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

sigh…where is the plus update?

+ Kchow23 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

The game looks really good, wondering if that was PS4/PC footage… hopefully it plays much better than AC3.

+ ShadowNextGen on March 25th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

Great job Ubisoft. Assassin’s Creed is by far my favorite franchise that has come out of this generation. Can’t wait to play this one.

+ NickMulder on March 25th, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

I’d pre-order it now but I’m buying it on the PS4 so I have to wait.

+ D-Squad3 on March 25th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

Yawn

+ inFAMOUS-787 on March 25th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Keep it, was a great franchise till AC3 for me,and now they want a yearly entry,milk it all yall want i guess.

+ ShadowNextGen on March 25th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

Still is a great franchise with both AC III and AC III Liberation

+ zombie9 on March 25th, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

Love the series but I think it needs a break bring back POP on PS4.

+ onewiseguy on March 25th, 2013 at 3:03 pm said:

I’ll get it on the ps4 when it comes out! I can’t wait to see what the new system plays like. I just hope that the ps4 will be able to play online with ps3 users… seeming as i will be keeping my ps3 and all my games.

+ D3SM0ND-M1L3S- on March 25th, 2013 at 3:04 pm said:

Wow cant wait for this one ac4 looks awesome Edward Kenway looks badass :D buyng it day one

+ longevity on March 25th, 2013 at 3:22 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game.

Just want customizable controls (custom mapping and toggle for running instead of holding a button for 90% of the game to run) and a fresh take on the MP

+ HorrorGod on March 25th, 2013 at 3:31 pm said:

Very much looking forward to this installment, guys. Thank you for making a Pirate themed AC. I always thought it would be an awesome idea. I almost thought the Naval missions in ACIII would be the closest I’d get to it.

Like many, I too will be waiting for the PS4 version. I can’t wait to see what’s going on in the “present day” story too.

+ Pabloo1010 on March 25th, 2013 at 4:35 pm said:

It’s in 1080p and there are very advanced effects going on in this trailer, so I can guarantee to everyone here that this is PS4 footage you’re watching. Just look at the rain on some of the character’s faces, that’s clearly next-gen :)

+ ossiecastro5 on March 25th, 2013 at 4:50 pm said:

So, are they going to have an AC game every year with a different theme? Add a Chinese AC game where the assassin was trained by Bruce Lee!

+ megatron1984 on March 25th, 2013 at 5:10 pm said:

I think I will pass on this one. AC lost its spunk to me when MP was introduced back in brotherhood.

+ KnifingGrimace on March 25th, 2013 at 10:55 pm said:

Cautiously optimistic. I hated AC3, but this is looking better, if only because Edward Kenway has more charisma than a rock. I would prefer to see the actual game in action though, and not just random scenes set to pretty camera angles- it would help me justify a purchase much more if I could see the actual gameplay and enjoy it.

I also want Edward Kenway to have the Eagle Tip on his hood, like Altair and Ezio. The costume loses something without such a simple yet brilliant feature. Maybe the game will allow different hoods for purchase, like AC3: Liberation allowed? I’d be for that.

+ Welmosca on March 26th, 2013 at 1:59 am said:

Hoou…looks awesome…really fantastic…and the graphics looks great…its impressive actually because it looks better than Revelations and 3.Now let’s see if the game overall can be better than Revelations…because AC3 isn’t.I’m not too fond of blond protagonists but this guy looks ok.Well I’m eager to see the jump that ACIV will make from AC3.

+ brainfried999 on March 26th, 2013 at 3:18 am said:

After AC3 it will take a lot of convincing and maybe a bribe to get me to buy the next one.
Unless it’s like $15.00 or something.

+ TWODEEEE on March 26th, 2013 at 4:01 am said:

dunno why everyone complains about ac3, it expanded on the series in every way, the only thing i didnt like about it was they took out of the climbing puzzle missions like every one had and the assassinations weren’t stealthy, which they are supposed to be fixing in black flag, in every AC game they fix issues of the one before it and try new things, in every single one, and Desmond is gone now lol, no reason to complain, the graphics for this look amazing also, is this ps4 graphics?

+ ToFeY on March 27th, 2013 at 10:43 pm said:

excited for this <3 i loved every AC game

+ ToFeY on March 27th, 2013 at 10:47 pm said:

i may get this for PS4 the gameplay footage look stunning

+ AndreGrantP123 on March 31st, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

my first PS4 game

+ Minute-world on April 2nd, 2013 at 2:36 pm said:

will the ps4 version look better than the ps3 version?

+ Deamonsatwar on April 5th, 2013 at 3:36 pm said:

so many hater comments why bother watching if you dont care anymore, im excited always wanted a good pirate game, AC3 wasnt as good as its predecessors (except 1) but this one looks deffinately redemption worthy!!!!

+ Reventern on April 5th, 2013 at 4:46 pm said:

As much as I love the story behind the Assassin’s Creed games, the controls kill me. I just don’t like playing the games because the controls and gameplay are just so foreign to me. . .

+ kingunchartedudc on April 19th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

im not even goings to get excited after assassins creed 3

+ gohan91132 on April 21st, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

i like the story in AC3 but i HATED the controls the horse and the character keep spazzing out, hope the fix the control and make it smooth. ACL im almost finish with the game i still dont really dont get the story…… actually i dont understanding anything in the game.

+ SenjuRoze on April 23rd, 2013 at 6:48 am said:

PS4 Launch apparently in October ? Also the representative that was in the Assassin creed blag flag interview “insidethexbox” said the PS4 and the xbox / ps3 versions of the game would be launching together, so the PS4 must be launching in October / November for EU .