GTAV PS4

PlayStation Plus: Disgaea 3 Free on PS Vita for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Mar 25, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This month, there was a lot to love in PlayStation Plus. Whether it was a gruesome mystery in the middle of Dubai in Spec Ops: The Line, or the hilarious mis-adventures of those in The Cave. Tomorrow, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention joins the Instant Game Collection. We’ve also got more deals and discounts from our friends at Square-Enix and THQ. Not to mention, there are also two new timed trials of BioShock: Infinte and Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel. Play an hour of these new releases, free with your PS Plus membership. If you like em’, make the purchase and continue playing.

One last reminder: you’ve only got until until the end of March to take part in the Get $10 for Every $50 Spent promotion. We’ll be sending out your rewards around mid-April via XMB Message and email.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

March 26th PlayStation Plus Update

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Disgaea 3
One of the kings of strategy RPGs makes its debut in the Instant Game Collection! Take a field trip any time you want with Mao, Raspberyl, Almaz, and the rest of the Evil Academy gang with Disgaea 3 on PS Vita! Offering incredible depth and hours upon hours of strategy RPG goodness, Disgaea fans or RPG fans in general should have this one on their PS Vita, which features 5 new chapters on top of the original’s content.
Square-Enix Sale

55% Discount for PS Plus members on titles listed

Square Sale
Four of Square-Enix’s action blockbusters are getting a tidy sale, with extra discounts for Plus. Select add-ons are on sale too; check the PlayStation Store Update tomorrow for the full breakdown.

Discounts

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Just Cause 2 $19.99 $9.99 $8.99
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days $19.99 $9.99 $8.99
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men $14.99 $7.49 $6.74
Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light $14.99 $7.49 $6.74
THQ Sale

Various Discounts for PS Plus members on titles listed

THQ Sale
THQ has provided a legacy of fantastic games that deliver unforgettable experiences. Now is your chance to pick up some of these titles at a great price, including classics like Costume Quest and Stacking, as well as heavy hitters like Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Discounts

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Darksiders II $49.99 $34.99 $27.99
MX Vs ATV: Alive $19.99 $14.99 $10.49
Red Faction: Armageddon $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Red Faction: Guerrilla $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Costume Quest $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Stacking $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
De Blob: 2 $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Red Faction: Battlegrounds $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Darksiders II: Official Soundtrack $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
escapeVektor (PS Vita)

55% Discount for PS Plus members (Regular Price: $9.99, PSN Sale Price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $4.49)

EscapeVektor
Vektor has been trapped inside the CPU for what feels like an eternity and you are his only hope of escape. As he travels through the CPU, help him recover his memories and destroy the different enemy types sent to hunt him. But be careful, the further Vektor gets, the more devious the CPU becomes. This title is 50% off for all PSN users, but Plus members see an extra 5% discount.

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/2)

Instant Game Collection:
Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)

Discounts:
THQ Sale
Square-Enix Sale
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken Discounts
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Course and Character Pack Discount

Thanks for reading this week’s update. You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on 3/25. Got more questions on Plus? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ naDOOFUS on March 25th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Any chance of another blogcast appearance about hints to Aprils plus contents?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 25th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Looking at setting something up; but it’s not for sure yet. However, the April outlook should be right around the corner.

+ BANDICOOTKING on March 25th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Kinda lame sales but thanks for disgaea.

+ X_O-Big_Boss on March 25th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Already got it;actually,the boxart for AoD is what got me interested in the series :P
But at least more can discover the awesomeness of Disgaea,dood.

+ UncannySilk on March 25th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Oh man, here comes the april update!

+ Ryumoau on March 25th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

The sales are pretty weak, especially Square Enix’s poor offerings (was hoping for Sleeping Dogs).

But thanks for the Disgaea Vita game. Haven’t really played any in that series yet and its great to FINALLY have a jrpg represented in the IGC for once. Please try to get more in the future.

+ Kuroro_Iucifer on March 25th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Both of my PS3 getting frozen every time I try to download a Castlevania: Harmony of Despair DLC ( to be exact the CP 10 DLC ),

why is that ? Or Is there another way to download it besides the regular PSN Store ?

+ trustyourpilot on March 25th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Hey Morgan,

Do you know if BioShock Infinite/Army of Two/Tiger Woods are going to be on the PSN at midnight? Or do we have to wait until the PS Store updates?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 25th, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

I was able to confirm that these titles you listed will be available at midnight, tonight 12am PST

+ Ivajosh on March 25th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

YEAH, Can’t wait to delve into Disgaea! Loving this ps plus so far, Vanquish was fun, Spec Ops was pretty good. Disgaea though… :D Finally can try to get into this series. <3

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 25th, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

If strategy RPGs are a genre you’re interested in, I think you’ll find plenty to love in Disgaea 3. I’m going to try to jump into it myself; haven’t played one since the very first one back on PS2.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Thanks for the update. Here are some games I’d love to see in the IGC:

God of War (any/all games in the series; digital versions of GOW3 & Ascension)
Grand Theft Auto (any/all games in the series)
Metal Gear Solid (any/all games in the series; digital version of MGS4)
Rayman Origins (PS3/Vita)
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row 3
Uncharted (any/all games in the series)

Also, MGS Peace Walker (PSP) has been added to the Vita store. Can we get MGS Portable Ops on there too? It’s available in all regions except North America, and it’s also the only MGS game I haven’t played!

+ duke301 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

I’m really looking forward to getting Disgaea 3 for Vita as I’ve never played a Disgaea title before. Can’t wait to try it out. As for the sales, I’m sure I’ll find something there since I only need $20 more to get another $10 back next month. Thanks a lot for the update!

+ Andy10003 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Was hoping to a sale on Terraria

+ Erdricks_Boxers on March 25th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Spec ops is leaving already? I wonder what’s replacing it?

Excited for disgaea but now I have to figure out what to delete from my 32 gig card. I’ve been dreading this.

+ Dark_Yoda_313 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Wow, really glad I held back on dropping $60 on Darksiders 2 this week. That kind of sucks for anyone who did though. Timed trial of Bioshock Infinite is awesome, as I am very much on the fence about this game.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 25th, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

Reviews are coming in pretty strong on BioShock Infinite so I think the waters are safe =) But definitely take advantage of the timed trial should you still be on the fence.

+ subadictos on March 25th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

DISGAEA for free… that’s all I need. Thanks, Morgan.

+ Erdricks_Boxers on March 25th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

@5 wel maybe we’re getting Sleeping dogs free next month ;)

+ castonph on March 25th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Glad to have more content for my Vita! It’s getting pretty full, I can’t keep up with all the games. I’d grab escapeVektor if I had the time for it.

+ RulitoCR on March 25th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Well no free PS3 games! So nothing for me this week!

Also I must take advantage of the Rocketbird discount!!

+ lostlemon on March 25th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Costume Quest for under $4. Nice, count me in.

My only complaint is that there’s too much content to get through this month…so, uh, thanks.

+ Shadow_Enz on March 25th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Thanks for Disgaea!

Kane & Lynch 1 is worth $5 max, in my opinion.

Stacking’s DLC should also be on sale, not just the maingame. IIRC it was offered free (or half off or something) for Plus members a year or so ago. (it’s possible I just don’t remember buying it)

These sale prices are following XBox now. Where instead of the lowest offering usually being $5, prices are being attempted at that “half off” mark off $15. No thanks. That extra $2.50 from $5 to $7.50 can go towards the chicken gyro cart I eat for lunch sometimes. Was hoping Playstation would continue to defy Microsoft’s trends rather than get suckered into that financial sexiness of charging more.

Thanks for Disgaea again! Here’s hoping Terraria jumps on Plus for next month!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 25th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

financial sexiness….I uhh.. what?

+ noodlesmcfatty on March 25th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this one all month! Can’t wait to test it out! Here’s hoping April has a selection of games that are just as amazing!

+ UnclePhil2K on March 25th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

Huh, dude. Apparently, every sentence uttered in the world of Disgaea must end with the word “Dude”, Dude. I mean, really dude? That must get annoying after the first 5 minutes, dude. For real, dude. Duuuuuuuuuude, dude. (Dude)

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 25th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

dood

+ Despair-Amit on March 25th, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

Sweet, time for Disgaea to eat up all my free time. Plus 2 full Red Faction titles for 10 bucks, nice.

+ Nejithegreat on March 25th, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

When will Psv get the USA demo for Soul Sacrifice?

+ nolo451 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Just wanted to say, I have about 10 games on my VIta I’ve barely touched because of PS+, its definitely a “problem” I’m glad to have.

Every time I beat the games on my PS3 from PS+, I’m just about to start a Vita game, but then you guys release a whole new batch of PS3 games.

Keep em’ coming especially on the VIta. :)

+ DanteMerfi on March 25th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Meh. It’s been a good month for PS+ though.

+ Zionine on March 25th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

@23 I second that comment.

Disgaea 3, can’t wait for Tuesday night/Wednesday morning… while I’m still playing.

+ Edzo04ps on March 25th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

@21 i think you mean dood. also EVERYONE should buy red faction guerrilla. that game was surprisingly awesome especially the multiplayer. played that game a lot when it launched. i have much more to do in disgaea 3 and having it digitally will certainly help me get around to it. nice update

+ Zionine on March 25th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

kinda sad 50 cents off from escape vektor… xD

+ Ryumoau on March 25th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

@23 i agree. I’m not buying Soul Sacrifice without a demo. I was burned once before when i bought Ragnorak Odysessy sight unseen.

+ Kchow23 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

I think Disgaea will have to wait until I am done with Persona 4, I would love for some of these games on PS Plus to be conscious of the fact that 32 GB can get filled rather quickly. Would be great if there were another memory card with 64 or even 128 GBs.

+ lisatsunami on March 25th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Yay, will definitely nab the Disgaea game for future play, thanks!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 25th, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

I think the inclusion of classics is something that is always on the table, but not something we’re focused on in terms of acquiring content.

+ Fardeenah on March 25th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

looking forward for disgaea.. btw morgan when will u announce the new april ps plus IGC? cant wait for new vita games.. looking forward for escape plan, rayman origins, superstar dust to be potentially added for the vita IGC. mgs collection would be nice… :D and LBP and AC liberations :D

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 25th, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

Should be set to give the April outlook with next week’s update.

+ GStylez1980 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

As a Vita owner, I have mixed feelings about Disgaea coming to the IGC. I have only played one JRPG ever, and it’s Persona 4 Golden. I have thrown 130 hours into the game, I’m nearing the end of it, and honestly, it will go down as one of my top 5 favorite games of all-time (the others being God of War II, Bioshock, Shadow of the Colossus, and Arkham City). When Morgan announced at the beginning of the month that Disgaea was coming to the IGC, I was immediately stoked, as I wanted to delve more into my newfound attraction to JRPGs. But when I watched the trailer for the game, I was immediately turned-off, as it looks to be nothing like P4G. In fact, it’s “battle system” appears to be very complicated, and the story very “Japanese” (meaning not as easy to follow as P4G’s narrative)

So bloggers, what should a self-professed JRPG-noob expect from Disgaea 3? Is it as complicated as it looks? Will it hook me the way that P4G did? Or will I be left wanting? How is it similar or dissimilar to P4G? No matter what, I’m going download it and give it a shot, but should I be more excited about it? Thanks all!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 25th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

Can’t wait any longer on Bioshock Infinite! Gonna have that game by midnight today ^ ^

I will also be picking up Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light, Escape Vektor & Costume Quest at those sweet prices. Cheers to this month!

+ jayrabbit on March 25th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

I have generally been the one to get the most out of ps plus, disgaea will actually be the first game I already have that plus will be giving, though the game is pretty good and happy to see that others will be able to play it.

I was really hoping for better sales though, with it being the end of the month and wanting to make use of the 10 for 50 deal, I really didnt see anything that encouraged the use, it was hard for me just to get two, really hard as I still have $17 to go for the second one, and the first was just ps plus for a year.

+ Black_Dynamite19 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

I really hope April is memorable…

+ Ryumoau on March 25th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

@34 Disgaea is a strategy rpg and not a traditional jrpg like Persona. So it may not appeal to you if you are interested in a deep jrpg with a rich story and characters.

From what i’ve seen in Disgaea, it doesn’t take itself very seriously. And by the trailer, i can tell that penguin thing will get on my nerve after awhile with the constant ‘Dood’. That isn’t funny to me. But its free, so i’ll try it hoping i’ll at least find the strategy combat fun.

+ jonjon0890 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

I just bought Darksiders II for $10.00 @ EU PSN Store

+ Soulhunter180 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

HeY Morgan
can you guys give us mgs portable ops next month. The hype for metal gear solid is at an all time high and its the only metal gear game that i have not played. Plus i missed out on ps1 classics like resident evil, silent hill, crash bandicoot you guys gave on plus before i was a member. Would love to play them on my vita
Last thing when can we get twisted metal for free through plus. Iam sure plenty of people missed out on this title which i heard was a really solid game.
Thanks and keep it up

+ Rockefellow on March 25th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

I remember when PlayStation Plus discounts were something to be excited about. Slowly they receded, on average, to the 50% mark (which used to be reserved for ALL PSN users), and now there’s hardly any disparity between the two user levels. Just another reason to be disappointed in the stagnant nature of Plus since the bait-and-switch of E3 2012.

At least the free games are noteworthy. If you haven’t played Disgaea 3, though, you’re in for a treat– the Vita version is excellent.

+ cat9966 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Looking forward to Disgea and as usually there is a must buy on the sales list – Costume Quest. This has been an awesome month for Plus!

+ Chizuzuu on March 25th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

It looks like you have the Square Enix sale you are announcing in the “Last Chance” section.

+ kivi95 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

What’s up with does 5% cheaper for PS+? It’s usually 10%.

+ zingakun on March 25th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

Wow, Spec Ops leaving already? Kinda quick huh?

I already got JC2 and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light from the previous IGC offer, but I’d like to own them even if I’m not a plus member. Is there any workaround to do this?

And Morgan, is there a way of getting some JRPG in the collection? Or is it a genre too specific. Ni no Kuni would be a blast (and also a dream, I know I know…).

Tks!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 25th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

You have to be a PS Plus member to access any content downloaded as part of the IGC; so no workarounds =)

+ PainOfSarrow on March 25th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

guess il look into Stacking for 7$. seems to have well recieved reviews plus i enjoy puzzle games so il look into it.

+ zingakun on March 25th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

BTW, 5 bucks on Red Faction: Armageddon is awesome! I hope it’s not a typo :)

+ BANDICOOTKING on March 25th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

@34 Disgaea is just your average tactics game. like ff tactics A, but with more humor and less options. but, it is faster too. It isn’t a traditional jrpg in that it is board based, and it isn’t a basic tactics game in that it has tun-based gameplay. It also has a really weird difficulty curve, but on the other hand, you pretty much control everything through the homeroom system. give it a shot, you’ll enjoy it.

+ blackKaka on March 25th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Yawn…

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 25th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

@43

This is the update for tomorrow’s offering, so any sales usually end up lasting a week or so. See how it says, “Leaving on 4/2″.

PAGE 1 2 3 6