PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus: Disgaea 3 Free on PS Vita for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Mar 25, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This month, there was a lot to love in PlayStation Plus. Whether it was a gruesome mystery in the middle of Dubai in Spec Ops: The Line, or the hilarious mis-adventures of those in The Cave. Tomorrow, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention joins the Instant Game Collection. We’ve also got more deals and discounts from our friends at Square-Enix and THQ. Not to mention, there are also two new timed trials of BioShock: Infinte and Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel. Play an hour of these new releases, free with your PS Plus membership. If you like em’, make the purchase and continue playing.

One last reminder: you’ve only got until until the end of March to take part in the Get $10 for Every $50 Spent promotion. We’ll be sending out your rewards around mid-April via XMB Message and email.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

March 26th PlayStation Plus Update

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Disgaea 3
One of the kings of strategy RPGs makes its debut in the Instant Game Collection! Take a field trip any time you want with Mao, Raspberyl, Almaz, and the rest of the Evil Academy gang with Disgaea 3 on PS Vita! Offering incredible depth and hours upon hours of strategy RPG goodness, Disgaea fans or RPG fans in general should have this one on their PS Vita, which features 5 new chapters on top of the original’s content.
Square-Enix Sale

55% Discount for PS Plus members on titles listed

Square Sale
Four of Square-Enix’s action blockbusters are getting a tidy sale, with extra discounts for Plus. Select add-ons are on sale too; check the PlayStation Store Update tomorrow for the full breakdown.

Discounts

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Just Cause 2 $19.99 $9.99 $8.99
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days $19.99 $9.99 $8.99
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men $14.99 $7.49 $6.74
Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light $14.99 $7.49 $6.74
THQ Sale

Various Discounts for PS Plus members on titles listed

THQ Sale
THQ has provided a legacy of fantastic games that deliver unforgettable experiences. Now is your chance to pick up some of these titles at a great price, including classics like Costume Quest and Stacking, as well as heavy hitters like Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Discounts

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Darksiders II $49.99 $34.99 $27.99
MX Vs ATV: Alive $19.99 $14.99 $10.49
Red Faction: Armageddon $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Red Faction: Guerrilla $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Costume Quest $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Stacking $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
De Blob: 2 $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Red Faction: Battlegrounds $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Darksiders II: Official Soundtrack $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
escapeVektor (PS Vita)

55% Discount for PS Plus members (Regular Price: $9.99, PSN Sale Price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $4.49)

EscapeVektor
Vektor has been trapped inside the CPU for what feels like an eternity and you are his only hope of escape. As he travels through the CPU, help him recover his memories and destroy the different enemy types sent to hunt him. But be careful, the further Vektor gets, the more devious the CPU becomes. This title is 50% off for all PSN users, but Plus members see an extra 5% discount.

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/2)

Instant Game Collection:
Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)

Discounts:
THQ Sale
Square-Enix Sale
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken Discounts
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Course and Character Pack Discount

Thanks for reading this week’s update. You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on 3/25. Got more questions on Plus? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ MAXIMO273 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

damn it i just bought de blob 2 for 14.99 on the store. Wish i could get that almost 10 bux back to put on Darksiders 2. Now to convince the old lady to let me have for 40 bux to get Darksiders 2 & the two Red Faction games.

+ bngomes on March 25th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Just to everyone knows…

April in EU PLUS:

3rd April: Okami HD
3rd April: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
3rd April: The Cave
10th April: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
24th April: Thomas Was Alone

as today the available games in EU PLUS are:

– Mass Effect 3 , God of War (the first one) , Dead or Alive 5 , Joe Danger 2, F1 Race Stars, Quantum Conundrum, Puddle(Vita), Guardians of Middle-Earth, Mortal Kombat, LBP2. MotorSports Apocalipse, Infamous 2, Uncharted Golden Abyss (Vita), Gravity Rush (Vita),

Also, this month there was Metal Gear Solid Colection (Vita)

+ nabilafzali02 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

When are we getting metal gear solid portable ops on psn store?????? And cant wait for disgaea never played it before :)

+ soraofhearts18 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

ahh…once again a new vita game comes out for free for plus members…and i already own it..this is like…the 3rd time in a row i think

+ Skyyplum on March 25th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

Aww, I got excited when I saw there was going to be a Square Enix sale hoping a couple more recent SE games would be on sale like Sleeping Dogs but nope, just older games that are cheap anyway. Oh well, good thing I have two major releases to pick up tonight .

+ Squiggle55 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

Guys & Gals. Seriously. Buy Costume Quest at that price. I felt like a kid again watching a Halloween tv special.

I think I will pick up Stacking. And obviously I am very excited about Disgaea 3. What a fantastic deal. Thank you very much.

+ Rockefellow on March 25th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

I don’t think anyone’s surprised at the atrocious nature of our PSN compared to Europe’s. It’s got to be embarrassing for North American representatives, even though it’s still technically a “good value” to consumers.

Sure, we’ve gotten a good month out of March compared to many, many months past, but Europe similarly stepped up their already exceedingly excellent game. Let’s hope April’s content update isn’t such a disappointing mess.

+ that-acmilan-guy on March 25th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

I don’t understand the Plus rotation of titles. Why is Spec ops leaving sp sppm instead of games that have been there for ages like infamous 2, lbp2 which is taking a lot of the free games bracket? Also how many PS3 titles we get in a month? I am not clear on this.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 25th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

Titles like inFAMOUS 2, LBP2, and Ratchet and Clank were acquired to hangout in Plus for a long time. All other content stays in the for a handful of weeks, and then rotates out. On average, we put in about 3 PS3 titles per month and 2 playable on PS Vita.

But long lasting content like inFAMOUS 2 and LBP help us talk about Plus in other channels with recognizable characters, and also gives us the ability to use those title’s creative on bundles for PS3 and Plus, use these assets in retail channels (which are not easily changed around). Otherwise, we’d just be using a Plus logo, which is great, but doesn’t really communicate what Plus is for the unaware; having these recognizable 1st party games helps as being the main ‘face’ of the content year-round. But it will change in time.

+ XeahuleXolic on March 25th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Looks cool but im hoping for discount on Metal Gear HD collection, I got mine stolen from my brother then he sold it on me… i hope they will post some new DLC on playstation allstars battle royale that is a game i enjoy buying new DLC for :)

+ trum3n1 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

Cool but I don’t have Vita so what do I pay for?

+ TotalTommyTerror on March 25th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

So, the price on Kane and Lynch and K&L 2, that’s how much you guys are paying us to pay them right?

Because I can’t imagine anyone would spend that much to play those universally panned games.

+ jayrabbit on March 25th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

whats the deal with the store not allowing us to add plus games to the cart anymore to check out? why is only the download option available?

+ BrianC6234 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

Anyone who doesn’t have Just Cause 2 should get it on this sale. Great game. I never finished it but I played it a lot. Maybe one day I’ll get all of the trophies.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 25th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

@58

First two weeks are PS3 games, & the last two are Vita games. You can see which games will be for PS3 on the monthly updates.

+ TwinDad on March 25th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

@Chizuzuu

It’s there to tell you the sale is only going for one week. The end date is April 2nd.

+ DMoney_70 on March 25th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

I’m much more interested in the EU offerings.

+ pOcHo_OX on March 25th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

How long Persona3 PSP game going to be on sale at 9.99?? my last chance is today?

+ AteOff_Hitlure on March 25th, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

I’m going to pass on this one completely. I’m a huge fan of American RPGs and hope to see a vita tittle released maybe something like a fallout or elder scrolls ;) (; there is one game I would love to see in the ICG….Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning!

+ Squiggle55 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

@that-acmilan-guy Some games in the instant game collection will be there practically forever because they are Sony games that are there to attract people to the service. Most games from third parties are there for a few weeks or whatever.

The point is it absolutely doesn’t matter at all. They can add the game to the IGC for one day for all I care. Once you download it the game is yours as long as you’re a member so I don’t know why people worry about it.

+ kivi95 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

60# You get the 3 ps3 games like always. These psvita games are just extra games. Why is it so hard to see this?

+ TwinDad on March 25th, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

@that-acmilan-guy

Spec ops is leaving as it costs the publisher money to put on PS+ in terms of lost sales. Morgan has stated that Infamous2 and LBP2 are not coming off IGC anytime soon as they are evergreen titles that Sony is going to use in advertisements related to PS Plus.

Week 1 – PS 3 Title.
Week 2 – PS 3 Title.
Week 3 – PS 3 Title and a PS Vita Title
Week 4 – PS Vita Title.

+ TotalTommyTerror on March 25th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

Oh, also, I do like the offering of Disgaea 3 on the vita. That might be the first Disgaea game I played. I’m glad I bought a PSVita. I haven’t bought a single game for it, and you guys have just jammed a free library for me, so I guess you’ll get more money out of me when I have to buy a bigger memory card.

+ Regal-X on March 25th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

No Okami love for us? I was expecting it :(
maybe the next month or a sale of Capcom games will be great :/

+ whatisdelicious on March 25th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

I’m glad they’re offering Disgaea 3 because so many people seemed so pumped for it, but man, after watching that trailer, I can’t believe that’s the game everybody was so jazzed up about. Looked really annoying to me. Still, cool that they’d offer something like that. Maybe I’ll give it a try, but probably not. So much stuff on Vita already.

Also, Red Faction: Guerilla for $5 is a steal for anyone who hasn’t played it yet. Hot tip: play it on Easy. You don’t want that game to punish you for being dumb; trust me.

+ FriedConsole on March 25th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

North American PS Plus is a better lineup this month:

April in EU PLUS:

3rd April: Okami HD
3rd April: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
3rd April: The Cave
10th April: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
24th April: Thomas Was Alone

**SINGS** Proud to be an American where at least I know I don’t get that crappy list of games.

+ four24twenty on March 25th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Hey Morgan,

So the PS Plus Update for April happens to coincide with April Fool’s Day. The ball is in your court, you know what to do. (*ahem* Sleeping Dogs prank *ahem*)

I’m really enjoying The Cave with the Wifey…gonna have to pick up Costume Quest for $3.75.

Good luck with the April launch! Looking forward to it.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 25th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

I would get burned at the stake by everyone in these comments if I did anything April Fools related, lol. I’ll stick to the facts!

+ TwinDad on March 25th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

@FriedConsole

Check out last weeks PS+ announcement, you already got one of those “Crappy” games. The Cave. And it’s awesome.

OKami HD and Zero escape would be awesome if they came to US PS+.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 25th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

@75

You did not just label “The Cave” as a crappy game :o. Have you no sense of adventure?

+ BANDICOOTKING on March 25th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

The cave is a crappy game.

+ rakoczy11 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

Costume Quest or Stacking: Any advice?

+ Crusher201 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

@58 (that-acmilan-guy)

inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One will stay a full year in the collection before rotating out. This is so that new subscribers can still get access to these games well after June 2012. Then there’s the game of month, which is Spec Ops for March. Almost all other games in the PS3 IGC last for 3 months, with the only exception being Rochard, which was around for 1 week only.

PS Vita’s IGC follows a similar model. Of the 6 games, 3 are ‘evergreen’ titles: Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout 2048. The other games seem to last either 1 or 2 months before switching.

+ thebgj on March 25th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

Thanks for the easy PLATINUM…spec ops

+ Nejithegreat on March 25th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

Hey if you guys at Sony put Soul Sacrifice’s demo up on the psn for the PS Vita with some videos to it I know for sure. It will even sell as well as it did in Japan. The game comes out at the end of April and the demo will be a great way to get gamer and PSV owners to know it is coming out here. So can you tell me when the demo will be out on the North American PSN?

+ ExHaseo on March 25th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Hoping next month is better for PS+. I liked the Anniversary sale, but I wasn’t into any of the games.

+ Crusher201 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

@58 cont.

Ever since the IGC was introduced, and even before that, there have been at least 3 PS3 games/month. The PS Vita IGC has had at least 2 games/month. For some reason, SCEA has never officially stated that, but there’s no reason to expect otherwise.

+ TotalTommyTerror on March 25th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

@FriedConsole

I hope you’re saying this having played those games. I picked up War in the North for $10 bucks used and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It’s a fun little hack and slasher with split screen coop and rpg elements.

Must be nice to be in the EU and get it for free, imo, it’s one of those decent games that slips by unnoticed, that and it probably would have done much better at a lower price point.

+ Ninja_Inimigo on March 25th, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

Nothing for PS3? Okaaaay….. =(

+ Ryumoau on March 25th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

@52 i hope we get war in the north. I was disappointed with that lame lord of the rings game they gave us last time. It had boring gameplay and online only trophies. War in the north is an action rpg from what i’ve heard. That instantly makes it better.

+ QuantumMercury on March 25th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Excellent update. I think what you guys have one with the monthly free content update and weekly discounts is the perfect mix to balance expectations while giving PS+ members security about their subscription. Great sale on some of the THQ stuff, will be grabbing a game or three from that for sure.

+ Kedaro on March 25th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Very solid move, as I’ve always been somewhat interested in the Disgeia series, but never tried one, giving me a free access via vita plus subscription, might be a good move. Especially if i enjoy the formula of the game. I’m sure i’m not the only one who is in the dark on these.

+ BigBacon87 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

Not a fan of jrpg’s myself but a nice addition for those who do enjoy them. Every week I see a few people mention God of War or Uncharted. Please ignore these people. Core gamers all own all of those titles already. Looking forward to Aprils perks!

+ b00kthree on March 25th, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

I don’t have a Vita, so this free title doesn’t do much for me. I really liked Joe Danger 2 and The Cave though.

+ GameQuirks on March 25th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

I just got my Vita today so, I can take advantage of this PS Plus update now. lol.

The time has come, costume quest you’re mine now. It is worth the wait.

Hope we can get Djmax Technika Tune for free on PS Plus in the future or a plus discount.

+ ossiecastro5 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

Wow, this was a fantastic month. I really liked it. I wish I had a Vita.

If we do get another monthly update, will it be next Monday like every other update?

+ Beyondthegrave07 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

Can we please see an ATLUS or Capcom Sale in the nearby future? It seems like you’ve been doing sales on certain game companies lately (Ubisoft and now, SE and THQ, btw, keep up the good work). And is there going to be a spring fever sale in April?

+ A_Different_Nate on March 25th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

cool, I’ve been wanting to get de Blob 2:) any chance for a terraria sale?

+ Mando44646 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

no Square or THQ sales on Vita? :(

+ Mando44646 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

Come on, why does America get worse PS+ stuff than Europe? We pay the same amount, we deserve equal treatment

+ bball230 on March 25th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

@cat9966

what is your avatar called? i just searched the store and cant find it anywhere…

@Morgan

The redesigned store still is awful at organizing all the content psn has to offer. it should be easy to find anything but i cant even find a simple duck avatar.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 25th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

@bball230

Because that duck avatar is under the default avatars that came with the PS3.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6