LittleBigPlanet 3

God of War: Ascension Update 1.03 Deploys Today

Aaron Kaufman's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Kaufman on Mar 26, 2013 // Community Strategist, Santa Monica Studio

Like God of War

Champions! With God of War: Ascension out in the wild for two weeks now, we’re seeing our ever-growing community becoming a legion of champions in multiplayer and thousands conquering Kratos’ latest single-player journey. We’ve been listening to every bit of constructive feedback on our boards, Twitter, Facebook, here on PlayStation.Blog, and around the internet stratosphere. Rest assured that our development team at Sony Santa Monica is committed to supporting you.

GOWA-HadesMark1

GOWA-ZeusMark1 GOWA-PoseidonMark1

FACTOID: Ares is the most popular God allegiance thus far, but also has players with the lowest overall skill rating. Hades is the second most popular, and the highest skill rated players, evil incarnate FTW!

We’re pleased to announce the release of our latest 1.03 update, deploying today. Though this update may be small, it throws an added support line at the Trial of Archimedes, and enhances multiplayer customization with a new appearance feature for your Champion – we call them “Marks”.

We received extensive feedback from the community that the “Trial of Archimedes” section (Chapter 28) near the end of the game was excessively challenging. In every God of War game, establishing a well-paced difficulty ramp towards the end of the game is paramount to us. Based on player response, the degree of challenge offered here was short of our goal of being perfectly balanced.

In the 1.03 update, at the end of each elevator stage (three total), players will now receive a measured amount of green health orbs and a nominal amount of blue magic orbs. This change affects all difficulty levels. We are confident this revision will address feedback regarding “Trial of Archimedes” while still preserving the level of challenge appropriate for this late section of the game.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. Good fortunes in your quest to conquer the Trial of Archimedes and complete Kratos’ ascension!

As noted, 1.03 also adds “Marks” for added customization to your Champion in multiplayer, and 8 additional new tints, including “Ash”. Now you have an opportunity to become a “Marked Warrior”. These are the six mark’s we’ve added in this update, with more to come:

• Mark of the Thief, for HADES
  • Mark of the Trojan, for ALL
  • Mark of the Spartan, for ALL
  • Mark of the Legionnaire, for ARES
  • Mark of the Mercenary, for ZEUS
  • Mark of the Deep, for POSEIDON

Unfortunately, the time necessary to diagnose and explore audio issues cited by many of our fans during their play experiences made a solution in time for inclusion in the 1.03 update unfeasible. Despite this, we are still very aware of these reports, we continue to monitor user experiences in this regard, and we are working as quickly as possible to find a fix. We understand that this issue is of particular frustration for many of you in the community; your patience is greatly appreciated!

This is just the beginning of post-launch support for God of War: Ascension. As stated previously, we have an influx of DLC in the weeks ahead to support your strategic play-style, and an unannounced 4th weapon class. We’re also exploring other new enhancements we can’t disclose just yet, however you can try asking The Oracle (aka @SonySantaMonica) – you never know.

Now do well warrior, ascend! And stay in touch with everything God of War on our official site.

PAGE 1 2

+ SUPERJIMMY3000 on March 27th, 2013 at 6:56 am said:

I have all GOW games and let me say this: YOU MADE A BIG MISTAKE nerfin the chapter 28. All GOW games
have a special moment like this to be remembered. Now you will only remember the game because is the one with most glitches on it. I still remember some of your videos from past games where having a glitch on your game was not well welcomed and now it seems that having glitches did not matter.

+ KING__OF__SPARTA on March 27th, 2013 at 7:35 am said:

Thanks for the support, But i hop there is another god of war coming out that wil be amazing
anyway so thank you all for the updates thanks again.

+ saskamazon on March 27th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

for those of you missing your redemption code for the CE …. did you try sending another email with you voucher – sr number & the incident number ? I also had no code in my CE & waited 7 days … after hearing nothing I wrote again with all attached info & within the hour received an email with the proper code …. so my issue was resolved on the 19th …. just remind them you’re still waiting – also, might be good to complain to the store manager – I had mine send Sony an email too ….

+ JnSILENTK_ZOMBIE on March 27th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Wicked awesome! I can’t wait to see what else is in store for future updates and DLC.

+ Alenth26 on March 27th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

If you want a hard game and a true action game DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH, one thing is to fix glitches other thing is to ruin it by making it easier for casuals.

What the hell sony? why did you nerf Trial of Archimedes just because “timmy” could not learn how to play an action game?, the trial is a complete joke now this is seriously embarassing.

Thank you whiners for destroying another game.

+ Spyderzzz on March 27th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

This game was/is incredible. The story, for what it was, was not bad by any means…it has BY FAR the best gameplay out of any of the GoW series. Hands down.

+ linemax2 on March 27th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

God of War Ascension be on the online store?

+ saintaqua on March 27th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

Thank you.
A God of War on Vita would be nice.

+ ElektroDragon on March 27th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

THANK YOU for turning down the frustration level in this game. I find it challenging enough as is. As for audio, my only issue is that the audio is VERY FAINT. I have to turn it up to double other games just to hear everything. This is on a PS3 launch unit with 5.1 surround LPCM enabled.

+ DarkDoc23 on March 27th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

I have my suspicions about some of this future DLC. I noticed a fifth set of stairs to the far right when choosing my allegiance on Mount Olympus. This suggests to me that there are plans to add a fifth patron god. Athena, perhaps? I’m sure there’re probably some female GoW fans who wouldn’t mind the chance to play a kick-butt chick in multiplayer.

+ inFAMOUS-787 on March 27th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

LOL pussies!! lmao cry me a river pfft “to hard” ,the trials where great, love the marks tho. Glad i beat the game before this patch.

+ Alenth26 on March 27th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Again do not buy this game, the patch ruins the entire difficulty and it turns it into a mainstream casualfest, the most insulting thing is how they nerfed all the difficulties instead of one, even the normal difficulties on vanquish or metal gear rising are more difficult now than the hardest difficulty of GoW:A.

+ HBKO on March 27th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

this patch did nothing to improve chapter 28. its stil lvery hard. i am about to give up on it comletely

+ Starkiller1230 on March 27th, 2013 at 4:15 pm said:

It Is Hard But It Is A Playable Hard. It Took Me Awhile But I Got Thur It And I Play It On Hard So It Can Be Done.

+ dei_remus on March 27th, 2013 at 4:19 pm said:

Just got the game yesterday. I already updated to the new version. Why is there no offline multiplayer?

+ quielito1704-00 on March 27th, 2013 at 7:13 pm said:

THE GAME OF GOD OF WAR: ASCEMSION IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME THAT I EVER PLAYED IN THE YEAR OF 2013!!!!!!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, SONY INC. AND SANTA MONICA STUDIOS!!!!! :-)

+ quielito1704-00 on March 27th, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

WHEN I PURCHASE THE GOD OF WAR ASCENSION, THEY GAVE ME A CODE. THE CODE WAS TO DOWNLOAD THE CHAMPIONS PACK. I PUT THE CODE IN REDEM CODES, BUT WHEN IT SAYS “READY TO DOWNLOAD”, IT DOES’N SHOW TO ME, IN MY DOWNLOAD LIST, MY DLC. I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM.

THANKS

+ JackmoveJohnny on March 27th, 2013 at 8:52 pm said:

Hades users are suckas!

+ deafwing on March 28th, 2013 at 6:25 am said:

that’s a nice little update …
what else can we expect?

+ GAT305 on March 28th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

Update is late i could have used it last weekend when i was stuck trying to beat the trail on hard for over 8 hours SMH! Anyways I already platinumed the game so no big deal lol (even though i almost threw my controller at the tv)

+ byjkr_09 on March 28th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

+ CommandingTiger on March 28th, 2013 at 7:49 pm said:

Speaking of Hades.

I think Hades people are FAR TOO RIGGED.

It was as if it was made on purposed so make the other teams look bad.
No, seriously, they are wayy too powerfull, is not a fair fight compared to the other 3.

We were like 4 against 1, he kept stealing life from us and simply wouldn’t die, we did kill him, but when I’m with Ares, I can’t even stand to fight 2 at once, it’s ridiculous.

I think you have to upgrade the Ares and decrease the life steal and stealth time of Hades.
Zeus could also be better too.

Please fix this so that everyone has a fair shot at the multiplayer.
I’m guessing my ratings are high regarless who I choose, but still, Ares need an upgrade fast.

+ CommandingTiger on March 28th, 2013 at 7:56 pm said:

Oh, and another thing.

I’m fine with all the gore and decapitation of the brutal kill, but may I suggest removing one of them, the one were you piece the stomact and the to rip off the other’s intestine.

That’s.. just plain digusting, and not even properly done, it’s like there were no gravity, standing in mid-air.
Instead, have it so that blood would flow down his body, maybe a few drips of blood.
That much be much better and appreciated.

+ Welmosca on March 29th, 2013 at 1:37 am said:

Wait…are you serious?…are you guys making the game easier for whiners?…why?…GoW isn’t a game for lil sissy…for real…thats disappointing…make a patch to take off the entire MP and bring the challenges(which should be there since the beginning)…shame on you St.Monica.

+ Necropulsar on March 30th, 2013 at 3:15 pm said:

There were beta perks!? Give me! I’m pretty certain my playstation auto downloaded as well and I am a plus user. I live on playstation :c :> |m|

+ troyliz300 on March 31st, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

great

+ StrikingWater on April 1st, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

“Rest assured that our development team at Sony Santa Monica is committed to supporting you.”

Wow, I wish every game developer was so eager to support their game/customer/fan base! I dont want to mention names but EA sucks.

+ Sh13579uail on April 1st, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

What’s wrong with the patch (version 1.03)??? I can’t download it!! It says “Error 80710736″.
I want to play MP, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ AdamMosh on April 1st, 2013 at 8:10 pm said:

In my opinion Ascension has a good story, the combat feels fresh, graphics are awesome, bosses are incredible and the exploration is amazing BUT my only problem is that the God Of War QUALITY is lost in Ascension, there are glitches, bugs, audio problems, loading times, textures problems and the saving icon is far beyond annoying and this is something you can expect from a low quality third party game but not from a PS3 exclusive, so, and this is gonna sound hard, I think directing a God Of War game was too big for Todd Pappy and hopefully someone like Stig Asmussen can bring back the quality we deserve as die-hard GOW fans.

+ xxcavernarioxx on April 1st, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

tengo problemas con la actualizacion del parche 1.03 de god of war ascension me sale un error me podrian ayudar

+ xxcavernarioxx on April 1st, 2013 at 8:12 pm said:

me sale un error al actualizar y no puedo jugar en multiplayer

+ palermo1886 on April 2nd, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

The audio is a complete mess. I can’t play the campaign like that. Great SSM,THAT’S THE WAY TO TREAT YOUR COSTUMERS,RELEASING A COMPLETLY BROKEN GAME!!!!!!

+ Superhero_Wally on April 2nd, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

Please make an update to return to the original GOW parry system. Why change something that worked so well? Am I the only that doesn’t like the new blocking/parry system in Ascension. It kills the fluidity of the combat. I find myself standing and blocking waiting to hit X to parry, instead of attacking a bunch of baddies catching that one out of the corner of your eye about to counter and blocking at just the right moment to parry and clear them all out. Also is it possible to reflect projectiles or medusa’s gaze.

+ TGODOFHELLFIRE on April 3rd, 2013 at 3:25 pm said:

Im loving the game at the moment I haven’t yet finished the single player but I have maxed all warriors out in the multiplayer. I have earned all of the items found in treasures (nearly game modes and kills/magic kills aswell) except these; the barbarian hammer, the spear of destiny and the lower body piece for the griffin armour. I have no fragments for these either and I must have gone through hundreds of treasures in trial of the gods and many if not more in the multiplayer. other people are also having the same problem and I’m wondering if it is a glitch, if so when will we see a patch?

+ CommandingTiger on April 4th, 2013 at 3:54 pm said:

@77
EA is only a corporate headquarter who’s only purpase is to make money.

If you want to talk to the developpers, you need to go see each studio’s website individually.
It’s the only way to give feedback.

+ Jam3rzz69 on April 9th, 2013 at 3:59 pm said:

Hey,
Ive been trying to download this patch for the past 2 days but i keep getting this error code:
Is there anyway that i can fix this because i can’t play online or progress past the trial of archemedes in the campagin.

James,

+ butcherjr76 on April 14th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

I got the game last week, I’m now stucked at beginning of Chapter 28 because it just simply does not work, I’ve tried reinstalling and is not working, seems that this update scewed the game somehow, and now I can’t continue because Kratos can’t get out of the vortex, not to mention that the graphics are all messed, most of the background is gone, pretty much everything is black, and when you do a “pan” on the scene, all the edges of the figures remain in all the black background.
What do you suggest people? is it the game or my unit?

+ Greggorz on April 23rd, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Hey guys since the last update and being able to double exp for a few days is cool and all.. but anybody know why i choose my zeus alliance and play a match then after the game is over my poseidon class gets all the exp? Even if i pick any class and back out then come back it stays on poseidon.. not a bad class but not my favorite, anybody else experiencing this issue?

+ alex_1794 on April 23rd, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

excuse me but i have a question, look, when i play god of war ascension with a warrior like hades por example i play and well all normal but when the skill point are given the game them to other warrior, and when a i select one and enter to a lobby and i return to menu y puts other warrior i dont know why is this please can someone help me?

+ Greggorz on April 24th, 2013 at 2:34 pm said:

For the sake of the gods anybody know why i enter a multiplayer game with Zeus class and when the match is over it gives experience to poseidon, this sucks!! It just keeps auto starting me on poseidon also no matter what class i choose, please help!

+ Greggorz on April 25th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

By the GODS!! The new 1.05 update has truly fixed my issue and im left with a sweet taste of double XP! Thanks Santa Monica Studios! I have all the god of wars by the way and was reading in game informer that they gave ascension a 8/10 which is complete Rubbish seeing as how it sould be 10/10! The multiplayer scheme is genius genius genius! WAHOOOOO

PAGE 1 2