PS4-The Order

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Marvel Arcade Pack Coming Next Week

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar + Posted by Simon Rosenkotter on Mar 26, 2013 // Community Coordinator, Tarsier Studios

For those of you eagerly salivating over new adventures for Sackboy on the PS Vita … well, you need drool no longer! We are delighted to announce a brand new game add-on for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita; the Marvel – Arcade Pack!

LBPV_Marvel_Ad_ApprovedArt_1280x846

The Marvel – Arcade Pack contains three fantastic new games, each of which will challenge you in very different ways. In Hero Rush, you’ll team up with three of your favourite Marvel heroes — such as Iron Man, Spider-Man, or Thor — and try to survive for as long as you can. Shoot for high score heroics by avoiding plasma beams, rockets, and all sorts of obstacular trickery. Of course, obstacular isn’t a real word, but you should never let a dictionary get in the way of your Marvel heroics!

In the mind-bending puzzler Avengers: Ultimate Escape guide several Marvel heroes, including Hulk, Captain America and many more, through a deadly maze. The cool thing about this game is that the challenges you face will be completely different depending on the hero you choose!

And last, but by no means least, we have S.H.I.E.L.D. – Interceptor! Take control of the Quinjet and blast your way through wave after wave of the invading Chitauri hordes. Don’t forget to pick up coins along the way to unlock new weapons in The Vault..

Of course, it wouldn’t be a LittleBigPlanet level pack without a whole host of new create assets to play with and bring your own creations to life! By collecting coins in the arcade games, you can unlock over a hundred new stickers, dozens of decorations, sound effects, and three new interactive music tracks.

The Marvel Arcade Pack will be available on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 for $4.99, exclusively for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Be there, or we’ll send Hulk round to convince you!

+ XeahuleXolic on March 26th, 2013 at 6:02 am said:

Sweet!! I love LBP!!

+ nikornflakes on March 26th, 2013 at 6:05 am said:

huge fan of LBP!! getting it day one!!

+ nikornflakes on March 26th, 2013 at 6:05 am said:

P.S. are costumes included in this pack? :P

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on March 26th, 2013 at 6:32 am said:

No, but you will play as those Marvel characters in the levels. :)

+ RedZepp on March 26th, 2013 at 6:06 am said:

Very cool.

Will this pack let you use any of the Marvel characters in the standard LBP levels?

+ remanutd5 on March 26th, 2013 at 6:25 am said:

Oh my god im getting this day 1!!!!!! please sony Little Big Planet, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time are among the best games on the system so far, why dont you guys bring Ratchet and Clank, Jack and Daxter and Sly Cooper Collections to the vita? heck how about bringing all ps3 collections on the little system? Fat Princess? Dead Nation? Warhawk? oh my god Warhawk on the vita would be the bomb!!!!!!!! we need a Warhawk/MAG kinda game on the vita ASAP.

+ BlueRobotX on March 26th, 2013 at 6:26 am said:

Yes are there any costumes included in this pack?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on March 26th, 2013 at 6:35 am said:

No, but if you want to you can buy a bunch of Marvel costumes from the PS Store already. My personal favourite is the Iron Man costume. :)

+ PhoenixDowny on March 26th, 2013 at 6:29 am said:

Man! As a fan of both Little Big Planet and Marvel Comics I am in NerdVana right now! I love this. Great to see more PS Vita goodness!

+ Nick930930 on March 26th, 2013 at 7:04 am said:

Great news simon! Glad to finally see the long promised dlc for this game.

Now if only we could see the guys at United Front fix the mess that is LBPKarting… so many crashes…

+ cakito123 on March 26th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

Any new Materials, simon?
We NEED new materials! Aaaaaaargh.

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on March 26th, 2013 at 7:33 am said:

I hear you! This pack does not contain any new materials, but there is a good chance that any future packs will come with awesome new materials. :)

+ gamer_soldier on March 26th, 2013 at 7:28 am said:

Finally, new content for lbp vita. I am very grateful for the cross-buy costumes, but all the other content is very low (especially non interactive and interactive music).

Will there be more packages like this on lbp vita?

I´m happy to know that this new content it’s going to give us another type of content, but we need more.
I would like to see level kits that are based on LBP1 and LBP2 levels, including its music, costumes, stickers, decorations, etc, or maybe another premium level kit (final fantasy VII premium level kit for example).

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on March 26th, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

Keep an eye on the blog and the official LBP channels. We might just have more announcements in the future. :)

Do let us know if you have anything in particular you would like to see!

+ Mando44646 on March 26th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Awww this comes out after the 50 for 10 promotion which means I cant use this towards that :(

+ lisatsunami on March 26th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Yay, more Vita content!

+ Anddo on March 26th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Surprised this hasn’t been asked.
Does it add trophies?

The last Marvel pack didn’t feature trophies.

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on March 26th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

Yep, you can expect a bunch of new trophies. :)

+ Carnageheart on March 26th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

Sounds great. Any screenshots or video?

+ Anddo on March 26th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Awesome! @ trophy support. Sweetens the deal :)

+ NoPity_21 on March 26th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Do you guys have any suggestions on how I can get the multiplayer to work online I can get online and play community levels but I have trouble connecting to other players and would like to know what I am doing wrong

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on March 26th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

+ UnlaeDTheLegenD on March 26th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

I’m getting this First Day But One Question i See all these Super heroes when we chose them i read

you face will be completely different depending on the hero you choose!

Does that mean i’m gonna have a different powers with different heroes ???

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on March 26th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

Yes, in Avengers: Ultimate Escape each of the heroes you can choose has different power.

+ kivi95 on March 26th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Seems a bit expensive if you compare to previous DLC packs which have included stickers,materials and costumes.

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on March 26th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

This packs contains 3 levels, 3 new interactive songs, over 100 stickers, several new objects and decorations.

+ boboMELOSHE on March 26th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Dat Hulk sackboy is the shizzle :D

+ tusunami on March 26th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

I still have to get this for my PS Vita, it’s great to see dlc for this game!!!!!

+ sdmf4ever on March 26th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

Since it’s exclusive to the Vita right now, when will we see a release for this on PS3!???!? Will we?????

+ allnewfie on March 26th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

i have had these marvel stickers in my lbpv popit for almost 2 months now. but now i am locked out of all levels that has these stickers. it said i had to buy the marvel add ons so i did and still locked out.

+ UnlaeDTheLegenD on March 26th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

#16

i had the Same Issue i Can’t Connect to Any One Online i Can’t join Them And when they Join me The Game Start lagging

I have a Happy News For You…. You Can Fix This You need To Open Some Ports On Your Router and Make an Ip for You Vita If you Still have This Issue Contact me On My Psn Id and i ‘ll be happy to help you

+ PRIMUS_420 on March 26th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Well this pack is ehhh great but.. I feel like this is just too random.. for the first lbpv pack I feel like it should have been something more original like a new story mode similar to previous lbp level kits. Lbpv is hurting for new content and correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t really want a bunch of marvel themed stickers, decorations, objects or music.. or the fact that we don’t get any new materials or costumes(objects?).. I’m hoping that this new stuff we get is versatile material that won’t look awkward in any random level or creations. Well I hope the next dlc will have a lot more content. Lbp2 got some great stuff from the move pack and cross controller dlc ;)

+ UnlaeDTheLegenD on March 26th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

Simon I Hope These Powers Not limited By The One Level i hope to See More in Future And you have My Money

+ plaztiksyke on March 26th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

Any plans to improve the rendering/texture quality? Right now, LBP Vita looks like a slightly-better-than-upscaled version of LBP PSP. Chunky textures in the foreground, last-gen lighting effects, etc that other Vita games have overcome.

I like the gameplay itself, but I don’t play it much because the graphical quality really bugs me.

+ zBaH- on March 26th, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

the stuff you get in lbp vita Marvel pack can you use it on lbp2 on the ps3?

+ zBaH- on March 26th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

o and i would like to see a mini pack of uncharted 3 wit talbot sully elena and chloe or a level pack with these costumes and with a new thing that lets your sackboy climb stuff like a ladder

+ Gwizzy on March 26th, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

Will the stickers,etc… work as part of the cross-platform play?

I want to deck out my and my son’s pod! lol

+ cakito123 on March 26th, 2013 at 3:49 pm said:

Simon!

You said:

”There is another patch coming very soon that will address some of the connection issues that some of you are experiencing. Let me know if it’s still an issue after you installed the patch.”

The patch that you are reffering is the 1.08?

(Sorry for my bad english)

+ Elvick_ on March 26th, 2013 at 3:55 pm said:

Yes, more LBP.

+ F-minus on March 27th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Sold!!! I’ve taken a small break from LBP Vita for PS3 games, but now it’s time to jump right back into the fun!

+ PaskellR on March 27th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Metal Gear Solid Level Pack to PSvita plz…..

+ Zensk8er on March 29th, 2013 at 12:29 am said:

It says “…Arcade Pack”. is it like the other arcade minigames, or is it a platformer like the story mode is?

+ Crazy-Maisy on March 30th, 2013 at 5:22 am said:

My only comment about the price is that with LBP and LBP2 packs at least my family benefits from that stuff on the PS3, this pack is solely for the PS Vita, so only I can use it, because of how PSN ID activations work on handhelds. FWIW

Is this going into the Arcade section on the Story planet? Does this have any indicate possibly that future DLC packs will be Arcade all the time? I’ll have to ponder this one a bit to let that sink in peaceably.

+ Haariskhan_14 on March 31st, 2013 at 5:18 am said:

awsome

+ Valde_zerocool on March 31st, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

I’m actually surprised to see this, I played it the first few months it was out but it’s taken a back seat to newer titles, I will gladly pick this up Tuesday. I really can’t wait to hop back into LBP Vita. My ideal packs for the future might be a PS Allstars type theme, send Drake, Cole, Kratos and a few others on some wild missions, all the costumes are already in place.

Keep up the good work.

+ NoPity_21 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

i have installed the patch that was recently released and it seems to have fixed the connection issues i had. although i seem to have lag that makes it hard to play yet i dont think this is due to lbp vita but too my internet connection will update later when i get home and can use my home internet on the status. This is very promising patch as i have my first multiplayer game in lbp since the game was released i guess better late than never.