The 2013 Major League Baseball opening day is right around the corner and PS3 is ready for every home run, strikeout, no-hitter, diving catch and surprise that happens over the course of the season. Will the San Francisco Giants win their third World Series title in four years or is this the year the Washington Nationals put all the pieces together and take home the World Series trophy?
You can find out starting today as the Major League Baseball action can once again be watched with the new 2013 MLB.TV application for PS3, now available on PSN for customers in North America. The MLB.TV app gives you access to every out-of-market regular season game live in full HD, archived games, home and away broadcast feeds, as well as an array of interactive features designed to take advantage of the PS3 system’s technical prowess.
New for this season is the addition of a revamped user interface featuring a global navigation bar giving you the ability to select from all of the application’s interactive options without interrupting any game action. Read more about what MLB.TV Premium subscribers have access to with this year’s application below:
- High Quality HD Streaming – Speed detection technology gives users HD video access depending on available bandwidth.
- Enhanced Audio – In-game alternate audio selection allows users to overlay the home or away team’s broadcasters over the live video or use the “Park” option to include the ballpark’s natural sounds.
- Home and Away Feeds – Choose to watch either the home or away broadcast feed.
- Live Broadcast DVR Functionality – Use the live video overlay to pause and rewind live games or fast-forward to return to live game action.
- Quick-Access Stats – View player cards with full career stats, league leaders, and in-game stats.
- Event Navigation – Select in-game event types, such as home runs, hits or stolen bases, to show on a progression timeline and jump directly to the at bat where they happened.
- Season Archive – Watch games and relive great moments from earlier in the season.
- Scrollable Linescore – Go directly to any half-inning to watch only that portion of the game.
- MLB Scoreboard – Scrollable league-wide scoreboard for each day’s games in three modes: Pre-game with scheduled starting pitchers; Live with up-to-the-moment game status; and Post-game with final pitching decisions and archived feed selection.
- Favorite Team Selection – Pick a favorite team or teams to be featured first on the daily scoreboard.
- Calendar Schedule – Scroll through the entire 2013 Major League Baseball schedule in calendar format or the user-designated favorite team’s schedule.
You can download the application now from the “Media & Apps” category on PlayStation Store and launch it from the TV/Video Services icon of the XMB. For the 2013 MLB season, MLB.TV Premium is available for a one-time fee of $129.99 or $24.99 per month, and can be used on the PS3 system. New subscribers can sign up here.
Enjoy the 2013 MLB season!