PS4-The Order

PlayStation Blogcast 067: Independents Day

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Mar 28, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

GDC returns! In honor of this year’s Game Developers Conference, we’ve officially gone indie! The creators of DiveKick, Guacamelee!, Primal Carnage: Genesis, Luftrausers, and Zombie Tycoon 2 take over today’s show with new interviews and insights. Then we delve into next week’s new PSN and Blu-ray releases for April 2nd, 2013, new listener comments, BioShock Infinite impressions (no spoilers!) and much more.

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick Suttner

The Cast

21 Comments   1 Reply

+ viceforce on March 28th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

What No Morgan Haro with PS+ News BOOOOOOOOO!!

+ StealthReborn– on March 28th, 2013 at 4:47 pm said:

Hey Sid and Nick,

Did you guys say that there was no mystery theme winner for the week? Because if so, I emailed my response the night of the blogcast and I know it’s the right answer. That theme was literally implanted in my brain because that game was so awesome and the ending of that game was spectacular.

Maybe you missed my email. xD

Thanks for the interviews! =)

+ QuantumMercury on March 28th, 2013 at 5:17 pm said:

Guacamelee! have 2 platinum trophies? One for Vita and one for PS3 or is the list shared?

+ mpb93 on March 28th, 2013 at 5:21 pm said:

I beat Bioshock Infinite the day it came out wow that ending

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 28th, 2013 at 5:29 pm said:

I know it’s gotten the same ratings over & over again, but i would like to give Bioshock Infinite andother 10/10.

The story was mind blowing ( the ending for the most part ), gameplay was alot of fun & epic ( thanks to Elizabeth’s tears ), the exploration of the game felt way more welcoming, & open than the last two Bioshocks.

Anyway, looking forward to Divekick on vita, as well. And of course, the rest of the games coming soon are looking really sweet too.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on March 28th, 2013 at 5:44 pm said:

@QuantumMercury :

It’s going to be a shared trophy list. You can read a confirmation reply from Graham Smith on the Guacamelee post on. . .#54.

+ QuantumMercury on March 28th, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

Thanks ZaGe!

+ Mattsta001 on March 28th, 2013 at 6:27 pm said:

This push for indies on PSN is really great but on Major Nelson’s blog they just announced six indie games coming out on XBLA for April alone, including the 2010 IGF Gran Prize winner, Monaco.

On PSN in April there is Guacamelee and…? Help me out here. You have a blog, you have a storefront, so maybe every month have a post on the blog highlighting what indies are coming in the next month. Also to increase awareness there needs to be section on the storefront specifically for indies.

+ supvic on March 28th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

It’s been months but I still can’t get over whobenstein’s departure :( I know he no longer works at SCEA but could you PLEASE bring Jeff Rubenstein back for just ONE guest visit on the blogcast? I’m sure he can squeeze in an hour or so, plus he’s partly responsible for turning the US blog into the powerhouse it is today.
I’m sure everyone here would like to see how he’s getting on. It doesn’t have to be next week but sometime in the near future when he’s got an hour to spare, that’s all I ask. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on April 2nd, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

He’s already committed to coming back for our 100th show :)

+ StarKiller237 on March 29th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

Was told that many rumors about LittleBigPlanet 3, just wanna know if the rumors are real xD
‘Cause it looks like sony actually knows what kind of DLC us creators want lmao.
Further more it’s a good game if you guys learn how to create pretty well, hell I was addicted t it last year and I’m 17 lmao.

+ BlindMango on March 29th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

These make my weekend! Thanks for taking your time to record these guys!

+ D_R_O_Z on March 30th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

Once again why are you promoting your competitions headsets? From a business perspective it makes absolutely no sense. I noticed after I commented on the last blogcast you remove the Astro part. Don’t really care just wondering why?

+ WarHawk37 on March 30th, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

please Playstation 4 version of Minecraft. :D :D :D :D

+ digeythedog on March 30th, 2013 at 7:47 pm said:

@ Sid, could you do like a throwback Thursday? Example, show some Crash Bandicoot commercials, some games that released for PS1 this week (like March 26th 1998) etc. I think it would be really cool to see some stuff from the past!

+ PainOfSarrow on March 31st, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

People are Beating 60$ Dollar Games the first day ??? smfhh.

+ marukusanagi on April 1st, 2013 at 6:35 am said:

Dear Sony directors/owners:I’m a player on the ps3 from argentina (south america) and here we all were really excited with the announced realease for PSNETWORK &STORE for Argentina Chile on the April 1. We are still waiting, it’s almost 11 AM (local) and nothing happens, we can only see the news and nothing else. We really want some more info, at least if it’s not going to happen or if it was just a joke (we don’t have april fools day here, just you know… ) We are, in argentina at least, on a long holiday, and it should be a really good one of we could have what was promised on march 18, or some more information, the last update for the latin blog was on march 26.
If no local store will be realeased, will you let us enter the US STORE? We have the same consoles and games, so…
ok, this was my post. Thank you

+ DonkeyKongKilla on April 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

Yo, Morgan is really late on this update must be big only thing I can think of.

+ PainOfSarrow on April 1st, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

did they forget to add the PSN Plus update ? i think so.

+ SadSnooze on April 1st, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

Can someone please direct me to the PS+ update. I’ve literally been waiting for this all day.

+ Jason_Voorhees91 on April 2nd, 2013 at 12:16 am said:

ok playstation its not all about the hardware that goes into the console its about how good the games are. so what you need to do is get some good games like gta for example to sign exclusivley with you like halo is for xbox. here’s a thought have you ever thought about making a slasher video game im serious jason voorhees, michael myers style would be really cool but not some cheaply made game im talking about one so scary it’ll give people nightmares and what ever happend to manhunt and manhunt2 that game was sick i loved playing that game

+ dopeboy081991 on April 9th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

so im not trying ro start an argument but you said that deablo 3 looked better on the ps3 well there is no way a pc game will look better than its console counterpart the pc has more ram better and more processor and a way better graphics card