LittleBigPlanet 3

The Drop: Week of April 1st 2013 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Mar 31, 2013 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Join a futuristic online open-world shooter where thousands of players scour a transformed Earth competing for alien technology. Create a unique character and level up with diverse customization options. Hunt alone or with others as you improve your skills and unlock powerful modern and alien weapons that will help you survive the massive battles that await in this constantly evolving online world.

Immerse yourself in the world of Defiance as the game impacts, and is impacted by, the Defiance TV series on this week’s The Drop.

81qjmJ6mDkL._SL1500_Defiance

(Also on PSN) – The visionary open-world shooter MMOG Defiance serves as a companion to the tandem television show on Syfy. In an entertainment first, the game and show will influence and depend on each other, and even feature some players’ characters on the TV shows as extras.

Set on a future Earth, Defiance introduces players and viewers to a world where humans and aliens live together on a planet transformed by decades of conflict. The game combines the intense action of a ‘AAA’ console shooter, with the persistence, scale, and customization of an MMO, while its TV counterpart weaves the rich tapestry of the world into a series with the scope, characters, and drama of a classic sci-fi epic. Because they exist in a single universe, the show and the game will influence each other and evolve together over time, with actions in both mediums driving the overall story of Defiance.

Ion Assault HD – In 2183 humanity discovers an energy source that facilitates travel into new regions of space. Gigantic mother ships collect the newly discovered fuel from the distant energy fields and transport it to Earth. When the fleet is destroyed in an alien attack, the player sets out on a perilous journey home in a small harvester.

IonAssault_Hero

In Ion Assault, instead of conventional weapons, players use the free energy particles that are abundant in space to fend off swarms of aliens. The particles are bundled and the player is able to shoot them at asteroids and enemy ships. The particles are not destroyed in this process, but are redistributed in space, ready to be magnetically attracted again and re-used. Their random distribution makes for dynamic gameplay and calls for a more strategic approach.

Demos

• Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Terraria

PlayStation 2 Classic

2477_gtalcs_Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories – There are a million stories in Liberty City. This one changes everything. Once a trusted wise guy in the Leone crime family, Toni Cipriani was forced into hiding after killing a made man. Now he’s back and it’s time for things to be put right. Forced to fight for his life in an odyssey that will shake Liberty City to its foundations, Toni must use any means necessary to secure his place in the leadership of the Leone family in a town up for grabs.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories – Vice City features more expansive locations, and over 120 vehicles ripe for the picking such as exotic cars, motorcycles, luxury yachts and planes. The soundtrack boasts three times the tunes compared to the previous GTA, and features countless ’80s hits. Over 40 different weapons ensure effective firepower and provide enough variety for stylish defensive measures (samurai sword anyone?).

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

237 Comments

+ passivefamiliar on April 1st, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

injustice…looks interesting, demo is welcome. but meh. not very exciting. saw a post about coop online….i want splitscreen co-op. i miss playing WITH someone. this online stuff is great, but i’m from a different generation.

and all this digital media, its amazing honestly. but, why does the digital copy of a game cost as much as the physical one? shouldnt it be cheaper?

+ lisatsunami on April 1st, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

37 gig! And I thought The Hobbit with bonus was too much to download. 37 gig is almost all I have remaining on my oldest PS3 and would take a day to download! Maybe more.

And yes, where the heck is thrpe Plus blog?!,

+ lisatsunami on April 1st, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

*the Plus blog, geesh.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on April 1st, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Social meda specialist yet, don’t reply to his own blog. #Fired

+ BlueRobotX on April 1st, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

I’m guessing the April fools day joke is no updates at all, there is usually an update by now on Monday and not just the PS+ update.

+ Joeltron3030 on April 1st, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Sweet Ion Assault! Thanks Sony you really do listen!!

PS – Do you know Die Hard?

+ humanflaw on April 1st, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

I know, I know. People have been complaining about this since the dawn of time, however, I must finally jump on the bandwagon.

I am hearing one excuse after another as to why EU get’s “better” games vs. US on PS Plus. Well, news flash, there is really no excuse. The US has many games that never reach our shores, however, we do not get flooded with top tier games for the inconvenience.

I get the fact that it is the developers who decide if they will offer their games and I know that it is really just a big ploy to try and get DLC purchases for those games to squeeze some extra cash out of it and I am OK with that. I love the games that I have gotten and PS Plus is by far the best subscription service I have and I do have a lot.

What DOES really bother me is the level of details and advance notice EU PS Plus players are getting. Nearly midway through March they got the game list that will hit in April while today is April 1st and I have not found even a small flash of detail regarding what is in store for us here is the USA.

So, Sony, what’s the plan?

Thanks!

TheHumanFlaw
AKA LegacyHax

+ qviqve666 on April 1st, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

what playtation plus in april

+ PrimeroIncognito on April 1st, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

@ passivefamiliar

No, it shouldn’t be.

It could be, depending on certain factors, bit it’s not guaranteed to work out that way.

+ DanteMerfi on April 1st, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

Where’s the PS + update? This April Fools joke is not funny at all, Sony.

+ Mando44646 on April 1st, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

is the “nothing for Vita” thing a bad April Fool’s Joke? Is that it?

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 1st, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Where’s the plus update?

+ Betorro on April 1st, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Where’s the plus update?

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 1st, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Almost 4 o’clock and still no plus update

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 1st, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Where’s the plus update? …please?

+ PrimeroIncognito on April 1st, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

Does Rey’s title of “Social Media Specialist” mean that he’s a really social guy who specializes in media in general, or is he just a regular guy who specializes in “social media” specifically?

+ RulitoCR on April 1st, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

Plus update please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 1st, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

Seriously…why does it take so long? I’m sure they’ve known for quite a while what games to put on. How hard can it be to just type press enter on the main computer? Look, I can do it in 2 seconds!

Game 1……
Game 2……
Game 3……
Game 4…..

Thanks!

+ GameQuirks on April 1st, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

What happened to Morgan? Where’s the PS Plus freebies for the month of April? Are we expecting a very long list that Morgan needs a lot of time finishing it? Normally, we got the update during 12nn EST.

+ Nooterman on April 1st, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

Maybe the silence means that the PlayStation Store is going to update at midnight or a set time like every other online store in the world. Nah Just kidding, April fools everyone.

Hopefully the PS+ stuff is good this month, I enjoyed Disgaea 3 alot(have you guys pitched to NIS to make a DIsgaea 4 PSV port yet?)

+ Nergil on April 1st, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Yeah, Rey is the absolute worst poster on this blog…why he’s still around is beyond me…I don’t think I’ve ever seen him reply to anybody…what makes him senior, social, or a specialist I have no idea.

+ Xnightwish on April 1st, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

My brother works at Sony and gave me the plus list this month

Game 1: Haze
Game 2: Haze 2: Haze Harder
Game 3 : Haze 3: It’s a Good Day to Haze Hard
Game 4: Haze for PSVita

+ DonkeyKongKilla on April 1st, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Yeah he’d be fired on the spot lol

+ DonkeyKongKilla on April 1st, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

April Fool’s right lmao

+ DonkeyKongKilla on April 1st, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

@Nergil – I’ve seen him reply on other peoples blog posts. rarely his haha

+ baniann on April 1st, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

Happy about the Terraria demo. I’m hoping to see more of the many classic RPGs released as Playstation 2 classics.

+ Zionine on April 1st, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

@Nergil
They keep him around for those awkward commercials.. I wouldn’t dare put my vita in my back pocket… in fear of accidentally sitting on it..

+ SweetReLeaf on April 1st, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

Maybe @Morgan is taking a long time with the update because he is trying to get something really cool for us? or maybe I’m being overly optimistic lol

+ Nergil on April 1st, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

@125

He can’t even spell his name right…it’s Ray, not Rey buddy :P

+ Nergil on April 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

@127

LOL, those commercials are horrible…who would do that?

+ DonkeyKongKilla on April 1st, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Only thing I can think of is the update must be huge. Who knows.

+ Zionine on April 1st, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

Yeah……. if this drop is any indication………

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 1st, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

4:45 and no update in sight l. Oh PS+ God, Give us something good for this wait!

+ Chizuzuu on April 1st, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt in that the lack of a blog post is somehow related to the other playstation network issues going on (login issues for the store mostly). I can see how the affected network stuff for the store might put a damper on the blog updates as well. It’s just really hard making with the whole benefit of the doubt though all hopped up on discount easter candy. I’m refreshing the screen as hard as I can.

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 1st, 2013 at 2:02 pm said:

5 o’clock and no update…waiting

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 1st, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

5:03. No update…waiting

+ ItaChu on April 1st, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

No PS+ Update today :(

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 1st, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

5:08…

+ Rockefellow on April 1st, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

This is just embarrassing. Not a single update all damned day? It never fails– every visit to this cursed Blog provides us with another reason to be ashamed of the PlayStation brand.

I bet the comically inept Morgan & Co. took the day after Easter off after the ineffable amount of work they put into this blog day in and day out. In most places of employment you’d need to be at least somewhat competent to receive such benefits, but who am I to judge how Sony manages this blog? It’s not like it’s their only major outlet to the millions of PlayStation fans in North America…

I suppose we’re all the true April Fools, patiently waiting all day for some kind of update or even the slightest acknowledgement from someone on the PS Blog. Thankfully, we’re all used to this maligned treatment from the lackluster imbeciles running the show here, so we can stomach yet another example of their contemptible carelessness towards their most dedicated (and desecrated) fans.

The only other joke I see here is the Blog itself, and the dismal, sorry team behind the scenes. It’ll be a happy day when someone who respects their fanbase gets behind this outlet.

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 1st, 2013 at 2:12 pm said:

^ so true

+ Zionine on April 1st, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

^drama much?

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 1st, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

It’s 5:15 don’t you think that’s a little late?

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 1st, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

Well, peace y’all I gotta go to my game. Maybe they’ll have updated by the time I get back. Nahh

+ bt1234567892010 on April 1st, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

I normally do not complain, but this is absurd, the only thing I check on the blog is the Playstation Plus update, I’m with a couple others, Europe gets weeks notice, we have to wait until the day before, but we all go on thinking nothing of it, but if THIS is an April Fools joke, let it be known I, like everyone else wondering about it, do not find this funny. I hope there will be an update later on this evening, or tomorrow morning, unless there is a very good reason as to why the blog hasn’t updated with it…

+ DonkeyKongKilla on April 1st, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

Child

+ j-scro on April 1st, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

It’s a little late. Big deal. It’s not like the stuff is available for download when the blog goes live. Just check back later.

+ Zionine on April 1st, 2013 at 2:19 pm said:

Oh, of course it is! Hahah. It’s just.. Idk, it’s not life or death.. :/ It’s a service, and it’s much better than lots of things out there. I’m getting more games than I can complete from it. So, my patience will endure. Gonna play P4G or Urban Trials… :)

+ Strike-Snake85 on April 1st, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Where is the ps plus update???

+ AteOff_Hitlure on April 1st, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

Redic!! Where’s the damn update!?! Not funny

+ XxDG3K_ALL_DAYxX on April 1st, 2013 at 2:28 pm said:

Lol calm down guys it will be up soon they are obviously trolling us by taking so long to post it…check back in a hour or 2 maybe