LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Plus April Update: Demon’s Souls Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Apr 01, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

It’s the first of April, and with the new month comes a new look at content coming to PlayStation Plus — there’s much to take in, with Plus members getting the venerable Demon’s Souls free. In addition to the monthly overview, this week brings more goodies, such as a sale on the award-winning The Walking Dead series, and more discounts on fan-favorites like Rainbow Moon and the Soldner-X series.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April Preview

The following games are slated to be free to PS Plus members through the Instant Game Collection in the month of April.

Demon’s Souls (PS3)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Demons Souls
Beautiful, compelling, and unforgiving, Demon’s Souls is the ultimate hardcore RPG experience. Revolutionary online features support your adventure like never before, presenting seamless interconnectivity that serves in every instance to enhance the single-player game. Leave hints and clues for those who will follow in your footsteps either intentionally or through your own inadvertent demise, your bloodstains will allow your successors to view a replay of your death, hinting at how to avoid your gruesome fate. It’s an in-depth action RPG that offers hundreds of hours of gameplay. If you can tackle the learning curve, you’ll find one of the most ridiculously rewarding games of the generation.

SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny (PSP, Supported on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Soul Calibur Broken Destiny
Battle as one of many returning Soulcalibur favorites, each enhanced with tuned balancing, new moves and animations. Play the dedicated single player game mode: Trials, developed exclusively for this Soul Calibur outing and evolved versions of classic game modes like The Gauntlet and Versus. Blow away your competition using finely tuned and enhanced battle mechanics including critical finishes, Soul Crushes and equipment destruction and unleash devastating combos.

Malicious (PS3)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Malicious
Take control of the Spirit Vessel and battle waves of brutal fighters and colossal enemies to rid the world of the evil force of Malicious. Gain new weapons, build your powers and perform devastating combo attacks as the final showdown between good and evil draws near. With a beautiful art style, Malicious is a treat to look at and will be coming to PS Plus later this month.

Labyrinth Legends (PS3)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Labyrinth Legends
Are you daring enough, crafty enough, powerful enough to become a legend? Brave the mysterious tunnels, mystical crypts and maniacal creatures of Labyrinth Legends. Explore hidden catacombs and ancient tombs of lost civilizations while evading concealed traps and solving an array of intuitive puzzles. A unique combination of crisp graphics and dazzling visuals, inviting exploration, tricky puzzles, and exciting monster-slashing arcade action makes Labyrinth Legends quite the thrilling game.

Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross-Buy and Cross-Play)

PSN Price: $9.99 Free for PS Plus members

Zombie Tycoon
Pick your side in the epic war between two evil masterminds: apprentice-gone-rogue Orville Tycoon and his army of heavy-duty zombies, or his vengeance-thirsty mentor Professor Brainhov and his frantic masses of agile undead! Post Z-day, Tycoon’s mad machination to extinguish all life in Finkleville has almost reached its apogee. During the final siege on the human fortress, his former mentor makes a sudden comeback, seeking retribution for his apprentice’s betrayal and eager to reclaim his rightful place as alpha mad scientist. Only one question remains: who shall win? Slow zombies, or fast zombies? Find out as undead armies clash in both the immersive single player campaign and the competitive multiplayer mode!

Leaving PS Plus In April

• April 2nd – Spec Ops: the Line
  • April 9th – Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
  • April 16th – Anomaly: Warzone Earth
  • April 23rd – Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
  • April 30th – Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention

Entering PS Plus in April (in no particular order)

• Demon’s Souls (PS3)
  • Malicious (PS3)
  • Labyrinth Legends (PS3)
  • SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny (PSP, Supported on PS Vita)
  • Zombie Tycoon 2 (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross-Buy)

PlayStation Plus Update - April 2013

April 2nd PlayStation Plus Update

Demon’s Souls

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Demons Souls
The Walking Dead Sale (PS3)

Various Discounts

The Walking Dead
Telltale’s The Walking Dead redefined how we think about video games. Recipient of several Game of the Year 2013 awards, if for some reason you haven’t had a chance to experience this unique story within The Walking Dead universe, now is a fine time to check it out. You can get the entire first season, episodes 1 through 5, through the Season Pass, or fill in what you have left by picking up each of the episodes individually.

• The Walking Dead Season Pass (Regular Price: $19.99; PSN Sale Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $10.49
  • The Walking Dead Individual Episodes 2 – 5 (Regular Price: $4.99; PSN Sale Price: $3.99; PS Plus Price: $2.99
Rainbow Moon Sale (PS3)

Various Discounts

Rainbow Moon
Rainbow Moon, the indie-developed Strategy RPG filled with exploration, tactical turn-based battles, six memorable characters, is now on sale with extra discounts for PS Plus members. Find the core game, a premium bundle, as well as the soundtrack, all on sale.

• Rainbow Moon (Regular Price: $14.99; PSN Sale Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)
  • Rainbow Moon Premium Bundle (Regular Price: $18.99; PSN Sale Price: $10.99; PS Plus Price: $8.79)
  • Rainbow Moon Melodies (Regular Price: $4.99; PSN Sale Price: $1.99; PS Plus Price: $1.59)
Söldner-X Sale (PS3)

Various Discounts

Soldner X
The Söldner-X series combines 2D gameplay with white-knuckled action, fantastic level design, and beautiful HD environments to bring a truly unique shmup (short for shoot em’ up for the uninitiated). Both Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer and Söldner-X2: Final Prototype are on sale, as well as bundled editions with extra content, and individual add-ons.

• Söldner-X2: Final Prototype and Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer Bundle (Regular Price: $14.99; PSN Sale Price: $7.99; PS Plus Price: $6.39
  • Söldner-X2: Final Prototype (Regular Price: $9.99; PSN Sale Price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $3.99)
  • Söldner-X2: Final Prototype Complete Bundle (Regular Price: $12.99; PSN Sale Price: $6.99; PS Plus Price: $5.59)
  • Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer (Regular Price: $7.99; PSN Sale Price: $3.99; PS Plus Price: $3.19)
  • Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer Soundtrack (Regular Price: $3.99; PSN Sale Price: $1.99; PS Plus Price: $1.59)
  • Söldner-X2: Final Prototype Soundtrack (Regular Price: 4.99; PSN Sale Price: $1.99; PS Plus Price: $1.59)

Remember, check back every Monday to learn when Malicious (PS3), Zombie Tycoon 2 (PS Vita and PS3), Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (PS Vita and PSP), and Labyrinth Legends (PS3) are arriving to PS Plus members. You’ll also find more discounts and other exclusives that we weren’t able to detail here just yet. Remember the month preview is subject to change.

Thanks for reading this week’s update. You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when PlayStation Store updates on April 2nd. Got more questions about Plus? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments! (oh, and no there are not any April Fool’s jokes in this post; I tried!)

PlayStation Store Update 4-2-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 12

+ ossiecastro5 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:45 pm said:

YES! Finally, the long awaited update!!!!! :D

Wow, cool stuff. Thank you Sony!!!!!!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 1st, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

To all; sorry for the delay, and thank you for your patience =)

+ YutoMarin on April 1st, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

tHx for the updates, in april are we going to have any discounts for vita ?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 1st, 2013 at 5:48 pm said:

We’ll go in to more detail on the discounts as we go through the month on the weekly posts. Watch this space!

+ Johacamigames on April 1st, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

Yikes almost bought Demon Souls a few days ago on the store, thank god I held back since I already spent over 250$ this week alone.

Very great updates

+ cornagandarub on April 1st, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

One great looking game for the whole month and it’s four years old. There’s always next month I guess. It’s a good thing I already have Disgaea to hold me over.

+ BlooMassacre on April 1st, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

“April 16th – Anomaly: Warzone Earth Review”
The word ‘review’ doesn’t belong there…

+ vanwinkle on April 1st, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

Horrible month for Vita :/

+ dyiing4life on April 1st, 2013 at 5:48 pm said:

Wow I’ve been waiting all day, a bit dissapointed

+ SweetReLeaf on April 1st, 2013 at 5:48 pm said:

Demon Soul!? really!? That’s amazing! two months in a row with an excellent update!

+ Sevyne on April 1st, 2013 at 5:49 pm said:

PS3 offerings are decent and the PSP game is good, but the one and only Vita game is a huge disappointment.

+ Xnightwish on April 1st, 2013 at 5:49 pm said:

Good update for those who haven’t gotten their chance to get beaten down in demons souls, sadly I already platinumed it so ill be waiting for the other games this month which I know nothing about

+ Pabloo1010 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

Better late than never :)

+ Xcaligamer1 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

demon souls….eff yeah!!!

+ Tyrannikos on April 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

Already have Demon’s Souls. But this is yet another great opportunity for the online portion of the game that I will very much look forward to. Other than that, there are four other games I’m very much excited to get my hands on. FANTASTIC month!

+ Hedgeyy on April 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

Another PSP fighter. Odd.

Oh well, those PSN games look lovely.

+ Andy10003 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

I see since you’ve run out of fighting games for the PS3 you’re going to give us PSP fighting games now >__> I swear I’m sick of getting fighting games month after month. Seriously, If you’re going to give us more fighting games the least you could do is give us a Vita game and not a psp. Something like Dead or Alive 5 Plus or Mortal Kombat would be much better.

+ Loco4FourLoko on April 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

who would have guessed? another bad month for vita owners. what is 2 games coming out this month? and the good one doesn’t come out till the last day of April. woot! im seriously almost out of games to play on vita , that i have not played

+ SynGamer on April 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

Demon’s Souls! Yes! Just wish there were some better RPGs out for the PS Vita…

+ tr3yb-14 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

Darn, no Okami EU wins again…

+ thrillwell on April 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

When do we get that $10 for every $50 spent?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 1st, 2013 at 6:00 pm said:

Around April 12th via XMB message and email

+ ESR32 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:51 pm said:

Not too excited about this month except for the Rainbow Moon discount. I’m glad I waited on the purchase.

+ Xnightwish on April 1st, 2013 at 5:51 pm said:

Also it says ps3 for zombie tycoon

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 1st, 2013 at 6:00 pm said:

it’s a cross-play and cross buy title, so yeah; PS3 too, in addition to PS Vita!

+ yoko379 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:51 pm said:

Awesome update! I was hoping for Demon’s Souls! You guys are awesome, I’m really loving the monthly updates! Can’t wait to download Demon’s Souls over morrow, I’ve too busy of a day tomorrow to do so ;P

Also, very interested in trying Brainhov’s Revenge!

Excellent post Morgan, makes me really happy to be a gamer! :D

+ THE_KING-2-5 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

about time you put up a good rpg and a very good 1 at that

+ stalemate666 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

Good update for the most part, it looks like anyways I don’t know much about most of the games, Demon Souls I already platted but servers getting rejuvenated is good that is if they are still up anyways lol, but another psp fighter really we just got one last month and we’ve gotten way too many ps3 fighters, oh well atleast there’s no shooters so sick of those.

+ rioskenny on April 1st, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

yes! always wanted to try demon soul because people are always saying its the hardest game ever but never got around it, well now its time to see how hard it is.

+ NvhA- on April 1st, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

Thank you for Demon’s Soul.

Give us any of the Persona game next month pretty please!

+ poodude on April 1st, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

Awesome PS3 update! I keep telling myself “one day I’ll beat Demon’s Souls.” Maybe this month finally :p.

+ ThomasNietzsche on April 1st, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

Does the Rainbow Moon Premium Bundle come with the Moon Melodies soundtrack?

Thanks for the awesome update. I still believe in ya’ll.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 1st, 2013 at 6:05 pm said:

Yes it does come with the soundtrack; great time to pick up the game!

+ Shinra_Soldier7 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

Great update! Especially for ps3 users since we get 4 games this month due to the cross buy game! Glad we got another RPG game too! Thanks for posting the update Morgan especially with all the store issues you all have faced today!

+ murben7 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

dang already got demon souls not as impressive as last month it will do i guess at least i got borderlands 2 level cap increase tomorrow to look forward too

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 1st, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

Oh my…this is yet another awesome PS+ month layout. Never played neither of those games & always wanted to (Soul calibur Broken Destiny, Labyrinth Legends, & Demon’s Souls).

As for TWD discounts, I might just have to pick that game up at this given chance even though i’m waiting for it to hit the Vita.

Thanks Morgan!

+ SadSnooze on April 1st, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

Just my opinion, but I’d much rather have games made for the Vita (with trophy support) as opposed to you guys just throwing old PSP games at us.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 1st, 2013 at 6:05 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback on that one.

+ MiTCHtheCH3F on April 1st, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

Why no Okami HD like Europe?This update is garbage.

+ Mikeyboy777 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:54 pm said:

Does Demon Souls come with a replacement controller?

+ BriarPatch512 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:54 pm said:

Awesome month ahead! I’ve never played Demons Souls and now I have no excuse. The biggest surprise though is Zombie Tycoon. After listening to the Blogcast I’ve become really excited for that game. Great offerings!

+ Coreyeatpie on April 1st, 2013 at 5:54 pm said:

Great update, can’t wait for Demons Souls.

+ viceforce on April 1st, 2013 at 5:54 pm said:

DEMON SOULS FREE FOR PLUS!? Is this an April Fools Joke cuz this is huge!! I already have the game but this is DAMN GOOD. People wanted this free for plus and they got what they wanted. I already have this game though but this is a great game for people to have for Plus

+ ninjatuned on April 1st, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

Another month and another PSP fighting game port? Seriously? I’m all for fighting games but given the number on the Vita how about we get one of those next time?

+ Xosst on April 1st, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

Dwamn, I literally bought a physical copy of Demon’s Souls a few months ago. Great game and a great update nevertheless.

+ MapleStory on April 1st, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

Incredible update! I already played through Demon’s Souls but now I can play it with a friend as he can play the physical copy. Was dying to get Malicious and Labyrinth Legends as well but was waiting for a price drop…this turned out to be even better. haha Absolutely picking up Soldner-X 2 as well, at $4, it’s definitely a steal.

+ Squiggle55 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

Oh no you didn’t just give me Demon’s Souls for free! That’s fantastic!

Call me crazy but I actually deleted Tekken from my Vita b/c of space and I bet Soul Caliber won’t stay on there very long either. I’m really just not a fighter game guy, especially if there aren’t trophies or online to keep me motivated.

But heck, Demon’s Souls is all I need for the month. And I look forward to trying all of these games. Thanks!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 1st, 2013 at 6:06 pm said:

Yeah you could plug 100s of hours into Demon’s Souls easily. Happy hunting!

+ BlackDad on April 1st, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

Demon’s Souls is cool, everything else is pretty weak.

+ Ghostwize on April 1st, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

Fantastic addition! Should see an influx of new players to the DS community. First game not added to my IGC since I already bought it day 1 when it went digital. Don’t regret it though! Good job! More RPGS baby!

+ ShaunTheTroll on April 1st, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

A 4-year-old game that most people who have PS+ have probably already played, sweet.

+ gokugt25 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

Playstation plus just keeps getting better and better!

+ Valde_zerocool on April 1st, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

Great update, I have no interest in Demon Souls, but Lab Legends and Zombie Tycoon look awesome!

+ MrBeatdown on April 1st, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

Cool! A second four year old PSP fighter!

+ EZWinner420 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

Man, I have to admit that I’ve not been happy for any of these updates but I started in January. I’m guessing there’s no way for me to switch to the EU Plus is there? Hate to be yet another complainer but the ps plus that I saw everyone getting, the reason why I got it, has certainly not lived up to what it was.

+ XxDG3K_ALL_DAYxX on April 1st, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

Thank you sony glad to see a rpg instead of a shooter =)

+ enricky559 on April 1st, 2013 at 5:58 pm said:

Please make the poll public, because I want to see others feedback as well.

PAGE 1 2 3 12