Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Apr 02

Puppeteer: Release Date and Hero Heads Revealed!

Gavin Moore's Avatar Posted by Gavin Moore on Apr 02, 2013 // Art Director, SCE Worldwide Studios

I’m just back from the wonderful city of San Francisco and the 2013 Game Developers Conference. Whilst I was there, I met with some members of the press to give them an exclusive look at the first two acts in Puppeteer, and also share an exciting gameplay reveal… Hero Heads!

Puppeteer for PS3Puppeteer for PS3

Puppeteer for PS3Puppeteer for PS3

As Kutaro, you’ll find all sorts of amazing heads to act as your noggin as you journey to get your head back from Moon Bear King. Be careful to collect and keep the right ones, as some have the power to change and shape the world around you, while others unlock bonus stages – adding even more adventure and hilarity to this dark and fantastical tale!

I’m excited to finally let the cat out of the bag (no, not Ying-Yang…I mean a metaphorical cat) about four very special heads that Kutaro will encounter on his journey and aid him in his quest. Each Hero Head possesses a power that once belonged to one of the four legendary “Moon Heroes” who fought valiantly to protect the Moon Goddess from being overthrown by the evil Moon Bear King. Alas, their powers were no match for Moon Bear King’s twelve generals who ultimately defeated the heroes… but what if someone were brave enough to attain all four of those powers and use them together?

At GDC we officially unveiled the first two Moon Heroes and their powers; the Shield Power of the Moon Knight, and the Bomb Power of the Moon Ninja! When Kutaro collects these Hero Heads, it adds some truly transformative mechanics to Puppeteer, which you won’t see coming! For more on that, stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for more Puppeteer coverage from GDC.

I’m also very excited to share our final box art, and to let you know that Puppeteer will be available at your favorite local retailer September 10th, 2013 for $39.99!

Puppeteer for PS3: Box Art US

Lastly, I couldn’t just drop by with all of this awesome news without bringing you something extra, so check out our new Story Trailer for a deeper insight into the dark happenings on the Moon.

That leaves two more Moon Heroes and their game-changing powers for Kutaro to quest after, doesn’t it? Well then, you’ll want to check back here in a few weeks for more on the strange tale of a boy named Kutaro!

PAGE 1 2

+ Wozman23 on April 2nd, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

I’ve been anticipating this game since the reveal trailer. I love every single thing about it!

I’m still not sure how to feel about this $40 price point for games like this and Sly. On one hand, I’m saddened that Sony seems to lack confidence with the sale of these titles. Sly was amazing, and this looks to be just as good. I’d have no problem paying $60 on Day 1. In fact, I often get more enjoyment out of stuff like this than I do the higher production value, realistic graphics focused blockbusters. On the other hand, I guess I should just be thankful Sony is still releasing whimsically delightful fantasy games, despite the fact that they are a dying market.

+ Zezzler on April 2nd, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

It’s looking really cool. And that price tag makes it even more alluring than before too!
It really seems as if this Fall is shaping up to be mammoth for PlayStation fans.

+ Kchow23 on April 2nd, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Consider this game purchased! Would be wonderful if it came to PS Vita though :)

+ lisatsunami on April 2nd, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

So getting this Day 1. A pre-order bonus for digital would be much appreciated.

+ xClayMeow on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Bring this to Vita.

That is all.

+ xenosaga200 on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

any chance we get this game for ps vita?

+ Berae on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

I love the vibe of this game!

+ rafael_martines on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

SONY don’t love Vita that’s all

+ subadictos on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

Truth is… I don’t play this kind of games on PS3. If I have time for playing, I’ll go with Tomb Raider, Bioshock or Spec Ops, Heavy Rain… that kind of games.

In other hand, I love to play this kind of games on PS Vita. In fact, I have three memory cards (4, 8 and 16GB) full of games.

If you launch this on PS VITA, count me in. Period.

+ IzoGray on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

This should have Remote Play via Vita DAY ONE. COPY/PASTE if you agree. That should be a standard for titles like this.

+ IzoGray on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Also, would love a separate Vita version. Even more than a PS3 version.

Gavin Moore's Avatar

+ Eric Smith on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

As of right now, Puppeteer is exclusively for the PS3. We are so happy that you all are excited for this game and want it for more platforms though.

+ MarinoBrea on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

Looks brilliant.

+ Cloud_X1 on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

September . . . hmmm wish it could have been earlier seeing how September will be packed with so many games. I’ll try and get the game on launch day though. Looks fun.

+ RowlfTheDog on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

Looks fantastic, but how is this game not a 3D release??

Gavin Moore's Avatar

+ Eric Smith on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Hey RowlfTheDog,

Puppeteer is compatible with Move and 3D!

+ Heavenly_king on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

please have easy trophies, have easy trophies, have easy trophies…..PLEASE!!!

+ MakoSOLIDER on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Thank you for making my birthday special

PAGE 1 2