Far Cry 4

Sacred Citadel: Side-Scrolling Beat ‘em Up Hits PSN April 16th

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar + Posted by Rupert Ochsner on Apr 02, 2013 // Brand Manager, Deep Silver

Hello again PlayStation.Bloggers, Rupert Ochsner from Deep Silver here! We’re thrilled to announce that Sacred Citadel will be available on PSN April 16th, 2013, at a price of $14.99.

Sacred Citadel

Sacred Citadel is a side-scrolling action brawler that offers a lot of depth, but is also very accessible for newcomers. You will fight different opponents that require individual tactics. Check out our first PlayStation.Blog entry to learn more.

Through the video featurette available today here on PlayStation.Blog, we reveal the fourth and final of the playable characters in Sacred Citadel. The other three were the Ancarian Ranger, the Safiri Warrior, and the Khukuri Shaman. Each of the four protagonists will have their own combos, special moves, skills, and equipment, and they will each play totally differently. Head to our official website to learn more about them.

Sacred Citadel Sacred Citadel

So who’s the final character? None other than the Seraphim Mage, a character who is very special and dear to all Sacred fans! The Seraphim has always played a unique role in the Sacred series — one could even say that she is the figurehead for Sacred.

In Sacred Citadel, the Seraphim represents the Mage class, specializing in offensive magic. She keeps to the background most of the time and casts devastating magic spells that cause elemental damage with various effects. With a spell book or a wand in her hand, she can also cause magic combo attacks using the elements of fire and ice.

Join us on our official Facebook or Twitter pages or check out more artwork, videos, and screenshots on our official website. We look forward to playing Sacred Citadel with you online starting April 16th!

Feel free to ask us more questions below, we are looking forward to answering them!

PAGE 1 2

+ Zionine on April 2nd, 2013 at 6:18 am said:

Colorful…. Depending on price and if PLUS gets a discount of some sort.. I’m interested.

+ From_Concentrate on April 2nd, 2013 at 6:19 am said:

Might have to pick this up. Love the art style and looks crazy fun.

+ Chrabbey on April 2nd, 2013 at 6:22 am said:

This looks like an awesome game! I just checked the link to your first blog entry and saw that you guys don’t have plans for a Vita release. Could you please reconsider?! With a newborn child, my Vita is the only console I can truly enjoy games on anymore.

+ BlueRobotX on April 2nd, 2013 at 6:31 am said:

Awesomeness overload between Sacred Citadel, Guacamelee! and Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge all coming out this month.

+ DeviantBoi on April 2nd, 2013 at 6:41 am said:

Loved Sacred 2 on the PS3 and I’m looking forward to Sacred 3.

Will the game unlock anything in Sacred 3?

I want to get this. Please offer a PS+ discount. :)

+ DrApollo on April 2nd, 2013 at 6:47 am said:

Will this have local co-op?

Looks fantastic BTW!

+ Maurice Tan on April 2nd, 2013 at 6:55 am said:

Hey everyone! I’m Maurice, your Deep Silver Community Manager at your service. Ask me all about Sacred Citadel! We’re happy to be part of such a great month for PSN games :)

Local co-op is definitely in there: you can either play it on one screen with up to three controllers, or play it online with drop-in/drop-out co-op.

+ Tekn0tize on April 2nd, 2013 at 6:55 am said:

This looks good. Will definitely be picking this game up!

+ four24twenty on April 2nd, 2013 at 6:56 am said:

The dubstep made me giggle.

+ JKar275 on April 2nd, 2013 at 7:02 am said:

Questions:
1) Will there be a demo or free trial?
2) Will there be a discount for PS Plus members?

+ Maurice Tan on April 2nd, 2013 at 7:19 am said:

1) Yep, you can give it a try and make up your mind after playing it!
    2) Not at this time.

+ Gorvi on April 2nd, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

This looks great. :) Will this be coming to the Vita too, or only PS3?

+ Maurice Tan on April 2nd, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

Sacred Citadel is for PSN only.

+ Zionine on April 2nd, 2013 at 7:16 am said:

Oh, i thought it was a Vita game.. I take back my first post.. have not much time for my console.. and when I do, I’m playing a jRPG of some sort.

+ GeoDarky on April 2nd, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

awesome looking game *added to the basket*

+ Nates4Christ on April 2nd, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

I’m very excited about this game. I have been since I first heard about it on the blog a few months back. I’m glad we finally have a release date! Hearing about the demo makes me happy too. Though I’m pretty sure I’ll buy it anyway. I really like castle crashers and the couch co-op experience, so this game looks right up my ally. I hope this game has a fun leveling up and unlocking new ability system. Fun stuff. :) Say high to Ryan Clements at Deep Silver Rupert. We all loved him while he was at ign. BEYOND!!!

+ Maurice Tan on April 2nd, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Nice! Yeah, you can level up your characters to unlock new moves and assign stat points as you please. I’ll tell him “hi” :)

+ akisuo on April 2nd, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

Looks awesome! Me and my son will be getting a kick out of this game then. Did y’alls stance change about it coming to the Vita?

+ DrApollo on April 2nd, 2013 at 7:55 am said:

1) Will it have local co-op?

+ Maurice Tan on April 2nd, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

+ KanesInferno on April 2nd, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Any news on Sacred 3? That’s what I’m interested in!

+ Maurice Tan on April 2nd, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

Still in development. That would be something for a future PlayStation Blog post, perhaps!

+ BigRon3400 on April 2nd, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

Looks like old school beat em up action! Count me in!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on April 2nd, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

THIS NEEDS TO BE ON THE VITA!! AND IT SHOULD SERIOUSLY HAVE ONLINE CO-OP..AS A MATTER OF FACT..ALL PSN GAMES SHOULD BE CROSS-PLAYABLE WITH THE VITA..LIKE PSP GAMES..SERIOUSLY.OR ATLEAST MAKE ANOTHER GAME FOR IT SIMILAR TO IT LIKE THAT CHICKEN GAME I CANT REMEMBER THE NAME OF..LOL IF I HAD SHANK, NFL BLITZ, NBA JAM AND JOE DANGER ON MY VITA I WOULD BE THE HAPPIEST VITA OWNER EVER!!

+ Gorvi on April 2nd, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

In response to your answer, Maurice, I’m not trying to be a smart ass, but PSN could mean the game is for PS3 and/or Vita, both consoles connect to PSN. PSN isn’t just a term used to describe digital PS3 games.

+ Maurice Tan on April 2nd, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Fair enough: it’s a downloadable PS3 game available on PlayStation Network :)

+ PainOfSarrow on April 2nd, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

14.99 , … Decisions decisions.

+ JKar275 on April 2nd, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

@Maurice Tan: Thank you very much for answering my questions.

I’m looking forward to trying out the demo & then purchasing the full game if I like the demo.

+ Kchow23 on April 2nd, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

Hmm… where is Powerhouse?

+ xClayMeow on April 2nd, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

The type of game that would be perfect on the Vita…yet it’s not coming to it. Oh well, guess I won’t be playing it :(

+ Kchow23 on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

The game looks gorgeous though! PS Vita version please :)

+ xenosaga200 on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

psvita version please

+ ralphael21282 on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Is the Seraphim mage class a wizard? Can a player also choose to play with one melee weapon instead of two while playing in action?

+ Maurice Tan on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

The Seraphim is a Mage class, or a Battle Sorceress if you will. You can use melee weapons and cast spells at the same time. Well, not exactly at the same time but you don’t have to swap between the two. The attacks are mapped to different buttons.

Depending on your class, you can wield one weapon or two for basic attacks, and a unique weapon type for your secondary/special attacks.

+ longevity on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Looks great. Crossbuy with vita?

+ GStylez1980 on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

I’d also be VERY interested in this game…if it were coming to Vita. Seems perfect for the system. We Vita owners may not number in the dozens of millions like our PS3 counterparts, but a majority of us are hardcore gamers that spend tens of hours per week playing that system, and we buy a crap-load of games. Indie developers have certainly taken note of the benefits of developing their games for the Vita…Deep Silver should think about porting this over to Vita after it goes gold.

+ CrusaderForever on April 2nd, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Love everything Sacred! I have played and beaten every Sacred game and this one will be no different! :) Thanks for bringing this to the PSN. This is a D1P! Also, I hope once Sacred Citadel sells well, which I know it will, you can then bring it to the Vita. I guarantee you I will purchase the Vita version too! Good luck, however, I don’t think you are going to need it. The game looks fantastic! Also, highly anticipating more news on Sacred 3!

+ GT-420 on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

This game looks really cool, I can’t wait to try the demo. Also very interested in your next 3rd person 3D ARPG, its my favorite genre.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

I see you guys are back with a release date, but i’m a little confused. You said it’s going to be available the 16th, but when i saw the mage video it said the 17th at the end?

Thanks for providing a demo too, even though i’m ready to purchase Sacred Citadel day one. Also, +1 to seeing this on the Vita.

+ Maurice Tan on April 2nd, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

It’s on PC and XBLA as well, so on April 17 it will be out worldwide on all platforms. But it will be up a bit earlier on PSN due to PSN always releasing games on Tuesday. Science!

+ boboMELOSHE on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

This looks pretty rad and for that price im very interested :)

+ PhoenixDowny on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

Game looks awesome. However, I own the PS Vita and not a PS3. Why are you developers continually making stuff a PS3 exclusive instead of covering both the PS3 and PS Vita?

+ ralphael21282 on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

Will Seraphim Mage be a playable class without having to unlock or purchase her?

+ Maurice Tan on April 2nd, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

You can select any class right from the start.

+ SkreetMerchant on April 2nd, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

No offense, but publishers really don’t understand Vita owners may not have huge numbers (yet) but we are big buyers. Any excuse to add new games to our system we jump on.

Please add a Vita Crossbuy version.

Crossplay/ Crossbuy functionality is a major plus.
I enjoy playing on my own screen with friends on a PS3 or when they are on their Vitas.

Can you at least let the higher ups know Vita owners would really like a Vita version?
Thanks for responding to us.

+ DJPlace on April 2nd, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

is there going be online play for this game?

+ Maurice Tan on April 2nd, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

To comment on the Vita questions:

The game is by a relatively small studio for multiple platforms, and Vita was not part of the plans this time around. It takes more than just “We have this game, now we have a Vita version.” There’s testing, changing the game due to local co-op being part of the core, etc.

But the “higher ups” will definitely get to hear the PlayStation community’s voice! As a Vita owner myself, I’ll be playing this on my PS3/TV and Persona 4 Golden on my Vita :)

+ Ecks on April 2nd, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

I’m glad to see there is a demo, hopefully it will be available on release day. I hate the trend we’ve had of demos coming out after the game has been on sale for a few weeks (and after the Plus discount has expired).

$14.99 is $5 more than my “impulse buy” price. $9.99 is just easier to pull the trigger on. $14.99 makes me reconsider, and sometimes I’ll just decide “nah, not right now” and forget all about the game, unless there is a later sale or something.

I don’t care about a Vita version. I have a Vita, but I like seeing original games for the Vita, not just ports.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 2nd, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

@Maurice: Thanks for the info. Yay Science!

+ Heatseeker125 on April 2nd, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

No Vita version, no buy for me. Welp, talk to you later.

+ GhostMachine1 on April 2nd, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

I entered 5 suggestions instead of one. Is that acceptable?

+ LeiFangHelenaFan on April 2nd, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Cool. Can’t wait to play it.^_^

+ dorkgeniuz21 on April 2nd, 2013 at 2:50 pm said:

Can you guys enable remote-play & cross-controller support for this game

+ tusunami on April 2nd, 2013 at 6:46 pm said:

I may check this out as well.

+ PrinceofXIII on April 2nd, 2013 at 11:10 pm said:

has my interest :D

+ Aces73High on April 3rd, 2013 at 5:13 am said:

I too reckon this’d be great on Vita. I’d certainly grab it if it was. Only PS3 though, so never mind. Guess I’ll have to miss out. Ho hum.

+ Maurice Tan on April 3rd, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

That’s it for the Q&A from our side!

Thanks everyone for all the different questions and input, it’s always helpful to hear from the fans directly! I hope you’ll give the demo of Sacred Citadel a chance when it hits the PlayStation Store, so you can see for yourself if you think it’s worth grabbing :)

+ SocialClimber_85 on April 3rd, 2013 at 6:01 pm said:

Can I just say this looks so fun!! I can’t wait.
So many good PSN games in the last few years.

+ emordecai2000 on April 4th, 2013 at 6:30 pm said:

I would be very interested in a PS Vita version!

PAGE 1 2