No Man's Sky

Pottermore At PlayStation Home

Daniel Durnin's Avatar + Posted by Daniel Durnin on Apr 03, 2013 // Producer, PlayStation Home Platform Group

Thirteen years after the first book was published, it was announced that J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series would be getting its own free interactive online experience built around the books.

Pottermore.com opened to all on April 14th, 2012, allowing fans across the world to delve deeper into the world of Harry Potter, illuminating the stories with a mix of evocative interactive artwork called ‘Moments’, a range of exciting mini-games and over 20,000 new words from the author herself.

As well as housing a dedicated social platform, Pottermore became the exclusive online retailer of the Harry Potter eBooks, which until then had never been available.

Over the last two years, we’ve been working closely with the Pottermore team to take that unique online experience one step further. Taking inspiration from the Pottermore universe, we have developed fully-realised 3D environments, packed full of mini-games and activities, allowing you to step inside Pottermore in ways never possible before now.

That’s right, Pottermore is coming to PlayStation Home.

The team here at the London Studio has been working tirelessly to bring a bit of magic into PlayStation Home, and we are so proud to finally reveal it to you.

pottermore2

In our first release, you’ll be entering the world of Harry Potter by taking a trip to Diagon Alley and boarding the Hogwarts Express. You’ll find a multitude of fun things to do:

Go head to head with two to four players in Book Herding. Round up a consignment of escaped magical books and return them to their cages before any of the other players. Be careful though, your opponents will be out to stop you, using spells and general craftiness to impede your progress and scatter your books at the most inopportune moments.

pottermore3

Around the Pottermore spaces on PlayStation Home, you may discover hidden collectible Pottermore Trading Cards. You might also gain cards by participating in mini-games. In order to trade these cards with people you will need to have an account on Pottermore.com, have progressed past Chapter Seven of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and have been sorted into one of the four Hogwarts houses (Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw). Link your account via our handy Navigator App, and you’re all set! Haggle for doubles and trade for the cards you’re missing at one of our dedicated trading tables. Be the first to complete your collection!

pottermore4

Kit yourself out in a range of Hogwarts house robes and accessories from Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions or Twilfitt and Tatting’s in Diagon Alley. Pick up a friendly companion from the Magical Menagerie or, if it’s owls you love, visit Eeylops and choose your bird from their finest selection.

pottermore5

Approach the slightly dubious character at the end of the Hogwarts Express to gain access to an illicit Wizard’s Duel. Practise your moves and prepare to duel. Jump right in via Quickstart, or develop rivalries and pick your opponents via the Game Lobby.

pottermore7

Pack your Puffskein, board the Hogwarts Express and test your knowledge of the wizarding world with a Pottermore quiz for two to six players. The first to ten correct answers wins. If more than one player gets to ten correct answers at the same time, you’ll enter tiebreaker mode!

pottermore6

We’re really excited to bring you this content, and we hope you enjoy this first venture into the world of Pottermore at PlayStation Home. Believe me, there’s more to come….

25 Comments

+ xyz297 on April 3rd, 2013 at 6:59 am said:

Looks great! Will they be adding Hogwarts or any other locations later on?

+ The_Dukenator on April 3rd, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

@1 We’ll see.

+ zingakun on April 3rd, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

Is it possible to have Move support or PS Home was not designed for that?

+ Kusish on April 3rd, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

Awesome update! @3 That would be awesome if they had move support! and they need ps home for the ps vita!!

+ Viewtiful_Josh on April 3rd, 2013 at 7:39 am said:

This is great!! I never thought you guys would do this. I think I’m going to be spending a lot more time on PS Home now! :D

+ TheBratPrince79 on April 3rd, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

quidditch? l

+ The_Dukenator on April 3rd, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

@6 Maybe.

+ crazy_kracker1 on April 3rd, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

not to sound rude or anything what is the point on having these anymore when 99% of home users will already see everything new in home and thanks just wondering.

+ The_Dukenator on April 3rd, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

@8 Really? I’ve been on Home since Dec 2011.

+ FeddeCampo on April 3rd, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

Really excited.I want to thank you Cade and all the team for make this possible.
Always dreamed with having an own adventure in the Potter world, and with Pottermore site and Home now,this is possible.
So thank you very much and keep up with the good work.
I’ll definitly join this experience.

+ Lara-Croft on April 3rd, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

How to you link your Pottermore account to Home pottermore?

+ lisatsunami on April 3rd, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

This is tremendously exciting to me, no joke. I am a huge Potterhead, and to prove it I’m not embarrassed to say I’m currently working on the plat for Book of Spells. I’ve played every HP game except World Quidditch. I will check this out. I hope you’ll have a way to accept suggestions because I’ll have some.

Expelliarmus!!!

+ Mot345 on April 3rd, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

Thank-you guys for doing a good job. I think this is some of the best product to come out of both Home and Pottermore. All of the card trading, dueling and account linking stuff is great :)

Will there be ways to earn house points perhaps?

Looking forward to seeing the rest!!

+ Tchanku on April 3rd, 2013 at 9:45 pm said:

I’m surprised their wasn’t a bigger fan fair to the announcement. Nice though.

+ Elvick_ on April 4th, 2013 at 12:57 am said:

Good call on disabling the comments on YouTube. Most people only complain or troll. “Home still exists?” “No one uses home!” etc. :/

+ The_Dukenator on April 4th, 2013 at 4:41 am said:

@15 I’ve seen comments like that for Hello Kitty Online. I just report them and move on.

+ The_Dukenator on April 4th, 2013 at 4:48 am said:

@14 It’s ‘fanfare’ not ‘fan fair’, but doesn’t matter.

+ Felix-kyuubi on April 4th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Are the school uniforms free or cost money ?

+ TheBratPrince79 on April 4th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Pottermore Companions and Clothing not free, range from 3 – 5 dollars
Any apps for the Pottermore.com on the smartphone?

+ Spyroluver88 on April 4th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

I just want you to know that you have finally succeeded in wrangling some of my hard earned dollars from me. I had to have my house robes. I wish you could mix and match other clothes with the uniform. I have the cutest plaid skirt which would go with it…sigh. I think I saw something that said you could only use scholl uniforms in the Potter places.
Thanks so much for helping keep the world of HP alive for the fans. It’s been amazing between this, Pottermore and Wonderbook, I have had plenty to keep me happy.
That being said I have a suggestion or two:
One – When I wear the Wizard hat my hair disappears. It makes my avatar look male. Please fix. The hair choices are slim enough without that happening.
Two – I tried playing the book herding. Maybe it’s just me but I could use a tutorial. Just like the one for Dueling.
Three – I would like a Snowy Owl to be one of the choices, please. The closest you can get to Hedwig is the barn owl.
Thanks, again. I am loving the newest edition to HOME.

+ Spyroluver88 on April 4th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Oops…school

+ jtt3242 on April 4th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

how much will it cost

+ HomieHesAKlown on April 5th, 2013 at 8:47 pm said:

Would care if it was on “Playstation Home :Arcade…You know, the Vita.
Sony is making no sense, we have minis, playstation mobile and Playstation Home: Arcade…disconnected all around, add those all into one category ‘MOBILE’ or heck, CELLPHONE, considering they are all cheap mobile games from cellphones and/or with cellphone graphic/gameplay.

+ ccrogers15 on April 9th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Yes yes double yes.

I LOVED the harry potter PS2 games.
(1,2 and 3). I did not like any of them after the 4th. The first 3 were all awesome, about taking classes and exploring while the 4th and up were all about RPG crap.

Glad to see something awesome in HP for a change.

+ x_LeeLu_x on April 23rd, 2013 at 6:07 pm said:

Hey, I was hoping someone can help me…I’m usually an everyday PS user and one of my favorites is PSHOME. I’ve been really upset. Anytime I log into PSHOME, it’ll load, but if it doesn’t take almost an hour to load through navigation…I usually quit game, due to I don’t believe it’ll even load by that time, or it’ll freeze. It’s been so long that I’ve played on PSHome. And I spent an insane amount of money on there, and a whole lot of my time, to not being able to play really sucks!! If anyone knows why this maybe, please let me know??? This seriously bums me out;(
Thank you for your time. I tried doing the live chat. But when I do they are always unavailable.