GTAV PS4

The PlayStation Recap: What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Apr 06, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Alright, Recap time! I started my 1999 Mode playthrough of BioShock Infinite this week, and I… don’t think I’m going to finish it. Call it slowed reflexes in my old age, but I’m only an hour in and already having a hard time! Still, I’m going to stick with it — I don’t want to leave Columbia just yet. I’m going back for the elusive Platinum trophy in Ni no Kuni, and I may have gotten some time with a certain exploration-based platformer that comes out on Tuesday (more on that one soon).

This week on PlayStation.Blog, you got a look at The Last of Us: American Dreams Issue #1 (check @PlayStation on Twitter this weekend for a chance to win a digital copy), side-scrolling beat-em-up Sacred Citadel is coming to PSN April 16th, we couldn’t stop talking about Divekick, video streaming service EPIX came to PSN, and more.

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: BioShock Infinite, Ni no Kuni
  • I’m watching: Arrested Development
  • I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast 068, The Band Apart

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ Alastor424 on April 6th, 2013 at 4:39 pm said:

When does the Jak and Daxter Collection come out on Vita?

+ MakoSOLIDER on April 6th, 2013 at 5:04 pm said:

@1 SONY hasnt confirmed it yet so they wont talk about it. It exists though cus the ESRB only rates games that exist.

+ remanutd5 on April 6th, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

@2 It would be very good idea to announce it now, i hope they dont wait till E3 to make that announcement, vita needs games right now, ps4 will take E3 by storm and the vita will be all abandoned. I really like all the indie games coming to the vita even though there is not a single one that has caught my attention just yet, i just want more AAA titles coming to the system, where is God of War? inFAMOUS? a full fledge Ratchet and Clank?

+ DavidBallZ on April 6th, 2013 at 7:03 pm said:

I’m playing: WWE 13 online. Trying to reach max rank to get my final trophy and the Platinum. I’m also playing Borderlands 2 UVHM and The Impossible Game on the side.

I’m watching: Dragon Ball Z Abridged on Youtube

I’m listening to: MGRR OST. Seriously love the music in that game.

+ X_O-Big_Boss on April 6th, 2013 at 7:08 pm said:

I have been playing plenty of Rock Band 3/Blitz for obvious reason(*cry*),along with the Injustice demo and Disgaea 3 AoD.
Watching more Disgaea Anime.
Listening to: American Pie :(

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on April 7th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

I’m pouring one out for Rock Band DLC. Maybe it’s time to go back and do Trophy runs on each game…

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 6th, 2013 at 7:21 pm said:

Fatal Frame 1 is coming to PSN via PS2 Classics. CAN’T WAIT!! Hope to see Fatal Frame 2 and 3 as well down the road. If u can answer, it will cost no more than $9.99? I won’t mind spending $14.99 on it. :)

+ MushThePainter on April 6th, 2013 at 7:24 pm said:

@4 – did they finally patch the online bug? Where it resets your stats? I traded it in because of that… Playing and addicted to Defiance, watching Wrestlemania tomorrow!!

+ DavidBallZ on April 6th, 2013 at 7:30 pm said:

@7 I’m pretty sure they fixed it. I was getting my stats reset every time I logged off during launch month, but now I’m Legend with only <140k to reach max but some people on the forums are still getting reset.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 6th, 2013 at 7:31 pm said:

Justin, you should definitely find as many infusions as possible, maximize your hp/shield 1st & start landing headshots. I’m not gonna lie, i had as much trouble when i did my 1999 run – but it made everything more realistic & epic. What’s harder than the difficulty itself? Not buying anything off the “Dollar Bill” machine for that gold trophy. Goodluck!

I’m Playing: Demon’s Soul’s & Bioshock.
I’m Watching: TWD season 3 finale, & jojo’s bizarre adventure 2012.
I’m Reading: Sun Ken Rock.
I’m Listening to: Nujabes – Battlecry

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on April 7th, 2013 at 3:15 pm said:

Thanks for the words on encouragement — maybe I’ll get through it yet. If I keep playing, I’m definitely going all-out and not buying anything from the Dollar Bill machines. Platinum or bust!

+ Dangisuckatgamin on April 6th, 2013 at 9:01 pm said:

I’m Playing: Defiance, Army of Two (just beat the campaign but going to play more to get the easier trophies i missed), And Lara Croft The Guardian of Light (or something like that, i almost have it beat )
I’m Watching: TWD, well i will be again in October.. too long of a wait for Season 4!!! :P
I’m Reading: Pop Kids By Davey Havok
I’m Listening to: AFI, 80s Alternative, Quiet Company/other Indie Bands… Anything really except rap and pop

+ iiONyKz-_MaQuIrO on April 6th, 2013 at 11:37 pm said:

hey demanding COPY & PASTE FOR THE VITA, rush! make it more functionenable! apps
hellow whoever owned one demands new futures! keep it up, or otherwise it will go down!

+ SergeChecko on April 7th, 2013 at 6:32 am said:

Hey Justin why mexicans PS+ members dont get Tekken PSP game? I hope Soul Calibur BD will be available for mexican PS Store.

+ Antil000 on April 7th, 2013 at 6:46 am said:

hi justin,
aint there any news when we will get the 10$ psn voucher from sony??

+ AizawaYuuichi on April 7th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

@ Antil000: Wow, seriously? There’s been constant news about when we get the rewards for the spend $50 get $10. They’ve said time and again that the vouchers will be sent out around April 12th.

I’m Playing: Borderlands 2, One Piece: Pirate Warriors, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS Vita)
I’m Watching: Men at Work, Archer, Arrow
I’m Reading: Playstation.Blog
I’m Listening to: Breathe Carolina, Icon for Hire, Calvin Harris

+ PsychoSploosh69 on April 7th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

I’m playing: Tomb Raider (simply amazing), Hitman Absolution and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational.

+ CJB-4 on April 7th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

Playstation Network needs better ps1 and 2 classics

+ CJB-4 on April 7th, 2013 at 2:14 pm said:

anybody agree reply CJB-4 in the post
by copying and paste this comment + CJB-4 on April 7th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:
Playstation Network needs better ps1 and 2 classics

+ N7Nero on April 7th, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

No drop post? Usually posted by sunday.