LittleBigPlanet 3

LittleBigPlanet Update: Ten-hut!

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Apr 08, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

UFG General and Kart coming this week!

Great news for our speediest Sackfolk― the UFG General Costume and Kart will be making their way on to the Store this week!

LittleBigPlanet Update

Originally a pre-order bonus for LittleBigPlanet Karting, this arcade cabinet on wheels is just perfect for those racers that simply cannot wait to get their LittleBigPlanet Karting fix at any time… Even if it’s during the middle of a race!

There’s a whole range of new and exciting content available for LittleBigPlanet. To take a gander at all of these great goodies, head on over to our official Game Add-Ons Catalogue!

LittleBigPlanet 2 Logo

LittleBigPlanet 2: Mm Picks

Our LittleBigPlanet 2: Mm Picks this week pays homage to the Easter Escapades that our community was getting up to over the Easter Weekend. We saw all sorts of creative fun and frolics from community members looking to task their fellow Sackfolk with a good old fashioned Easter Egg hunt!

Take a look at just a couple of the egg-citing levels that were published during the Easter period.

If you want to see what else the community created over Easter, be sure to head over to LBP.me and queue up these great LittleBigPlanet 2: Mm Picks!

The Seasonal Spirit Awesomesauce Award

Speaking of celebrations… Extra-special mention must go to the following fine folk!

There’s not a single holiday celebration that these guys will let slip by them and for the past 8 months, they have published fun and exciting levels for each occasion.

Halloween, Christmas and even Easter have all been celebrated by these guys and they have worked hard to ensure that LittleBigPlanet has just what any celebration-seeking Sackperson will need to get into the holiday spirit.

For their continued efforts in ensuring that LittleBigPlanet is the number one destination for all of your holiday celebrations, we wish to bestow upon them each a Rare Prize Crown and the coveted Awesomesauce Pin!

LittleBigPlanet Update

Congratulations guys! We can’t wait to see what plans you have for the next big holiday on LittleBigPlanet!

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Logo

LittleBigPlanetarium.com launches LBP PS Vita Creation Contest

LittleBigPlanet Update

It’s time for a new Rare Prize Crown contest just for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and the nice folks from LittleBigPlanetarium.com have just launched their fifth Creation Contest to offer you a chance to win one!

This time around they are looking for levels where you can get extreme bubble combos, such as those found in Flounder’s Jump & Jive in LittleBigPlanet PS Vita or in the infamous Tower of Whoop in LittleBigPlanet 2.

The contest is only open to LittleBigPlanet PS Vita levels and, as is customary with any LittleBigPlanetarium contest, they want you to document your creative process whilst creating this level. You also have to use a special item within the level, which this time is the Ballpoint Pen object.

So if you think you’re up for this particularly creative challenge, head on over to LittleBigPlanetarium.com for all the details on how you can enter!

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Pick

Block Push Game is a neat little puzzle game where you have to push blocks into the right position. Sounds relatively easy at first, but the later levels are quite mind-bending and can get quite tricky.

LittleBigPlanet Update

Block Push Game By Ray-Blu

LittleBigPlanet Update

Thankfully the ever-so-handy Memoriser is put to great use in this level, so if you find yourself utterly stumped by a puzzle, you can go away and play a few other levels and then return to this puzzle level and continue from exactly where you left off!

There’s a whole host of exciting LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks available to queue up and download to your PS Vita when you want to game on-the-go, so pop over to LBP.me Vita and check out the full range of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks!

LittleBigPlanet Update

+ Nick930930 on April 8th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

So is that it then? Is LittleBigKarting no longer getting fixed or even Team Picks anymore? Can a representative please make a statement about the current situation with the game?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on April 8th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

LittleBigPlanet Karting is most certainly going to continue seeing updates!

We will be releasing a brand new batch of LittleBigPlanet Karting: Team Picks this week and we have some more Karts on the way!

+ Nick930930 on April 8th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Pressing “Settings” at anytime in LBPKarting freezes the playstation 3 console. That sounds like something that should be fixed.

+ megacarlos on April 8th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Cross controller patch? ¬_¬

+ ItsNymo on April 8th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

I was bummed that I missed out on the UFG costume/kart, but glad I have another chance on picking it up!
Any chance that the Kevin Butler costume/kart may also be brought back into the PSN store?

+ skipzz9 on April 8th, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

is there going to be more add-on’s like the “Marvel Arcade Pack for the little Big planet: Ps Vita?

+ hypersk_us on April 8th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

I’d like to know if you guys are going to upload the Kevin Butler character and kart on the PSN store.

I know people willing to pay for it (including, maybe… me! :P)

+ SoraCloudPunk on April 8th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

Any chance of getting any FFXIII costumes?

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 8th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

Love lbp and everything you guys do. Also, have you ever thought about putting lbpv on plus? Or maybe a discount. I keep holding off from buying it because I have a feeling its gonna get put on plus the day after I buy it

+ Alastor424 on April 8th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Try my LittleBigPlanet Vita level Sandover Village please!

+ remanutd5 on April 8th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

AT 9 i will download it today to play it offline on my way to work tomorrow.

+ Elvick_ on April 8th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

I’d be so down for some FFXIII costumes. Three games to advertise with ‘em too.

I don’t really like FFXIII, but the character design is awesome and Sackboy + Nomura = win.

+ Metalsonic_69 on April 8th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

Glad to see LBP2 still getting support.

As for LBP Vita, I would really, really appreciate a patch that allows us to turn off gyroscope controls for Sackboy’s head. It was fine on LBP1 and 2, when you’re almost always holding the controller at a normal angle, but with a portable console, I might be playing sideways, or on my back, or hanging off the side of the bed. It’s a bit distracting and annoying when Sackboy’s head is staring at the ground or ceiling just because of the way I’m holding the system.

+ Satnamji on April 8th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

These posts remind me how much I miss LBP2.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on April 8th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

Well, we will certainly be glad to have you back with us anytime! :)

+ Zensk8er on April 8th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

Can i expect a LBP Karting Vita soon?

+ jeffsmither on April 8th, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

Can you post a video of the new Marvel DLC arcade games from last week? Im on the edge if I want the it or not.

+ ASC2175 on April 8th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Wow! It feels like I’m actually in the drivers seat of makeshift vehicle! …….PLAYING A VIDEO GAME! :D

+ Grinchy on April 8th, 2013 at 6:39 pm said:

The level picks for Vita have been so good so far. I really need to jump back on LBP2 at some point and check those out too. These games just keep on giving.

+ PrinceofXIII on April 8th, 2013 at 10:21 pm said:

awesome :D

+ SpankieJames on April 9th, 2013 at 1:59 am said:

I would like to know WHY pre-order costumes keeping being placed for sale when it was made CLEAR that when Karting was available for pre-order the costumes codes for this costume and Kevin Butler would ONLY be available to those who PRE-ORDERED Karting and NEVER AGAIN…Yet here we are looking at a pre-order costume being sold months later. THIS IS WHAT I am shown gratitude for pre-ordering the game at ABOVE Full price? =( What on earth? I paid $78 to get the game the day it came out “/ Now it’s being sold for $9 at some places. I feel hurt and like as if I was “had”. What next? The Knights Of Old pack will be available as well? =( I feel hurt and betrayed in a way. Are you going to release the Target race suit as well then?

+ Welmosca on April 10th, 2013 at 1:19 am said:

@ 17 Grinchy – You really need to go back to LBP2…the lvls there now are unbelievable…there’s lots of lvls that make you wonder what more is possible to achieve with LBP.Nice Mm picks I haven’t played them yet.Plus gimme tha crown.

+ JAD_YASS on April 22nd, 2013 at 3:29 pm said:

can i have the pre order bouns of little big plant karting please.