PS4-The Order

PSN’s Hole-in-One Sale – Up to 50% Off Golf-Themed Games

Annabelle Garcia's Avatar + Posted by Annabelle Garcia on Apr 09, 2013 // Associate Product Manager – Digital Content

Hole-in-One Sale

Attention, golf aficionados! Put your (virtual) golf skills to the test in two popular golf games, on sale for one week starting today: Sports Champions 2 and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational.

Hole-in-One SaleHole-in-One Sale

We’ve selected a range of golf-themed games and add-ons for sale. From PSP to PS3, there’s something to fit any virtual golfer’s lifestyle. Here’s the list:

• Sports Champions 2 (PS3) – Regular $29.99, Sale $24.99
  • Hot Shots Golf 2 (PS3 / PSP / Vita) – Regular $5.99, Sale $2.99
  • Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (PSP / Vita) – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99
  • Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 (PSP / Vita) – Regular $29.99, Sale $14.99
  • Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS Vita) – Regular $35.99, Sale $24.99
  • Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection (PS3) – Regular $24.99, Sale $14.99, PS Plus $8.99 (individual add-ons also on sale)

If you’ve already got a grip on Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds and are looking for a new challenge, tee it up on the popular Oceania or Golfasaurus-Rex B.C.C. courses, also on sale.

We’re also offering the Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Sackboy and Kratos characters for free. I don’t know about you, but I’ve always wanted to play as the God of Golf!

Hole-in-One SaleHole-in-One Sale

Don’t miss Table Mini Golf, a PS Vita AR Play title today on PSN. Watch as the real world transforms into a series of themed mini golf courses on any flat surface.

Stop by before the sale ends on April 15th. See you on the course!

+ S-moneytheKING on April 9th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

1st

+ loganwolf13 on April 9th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

To number 1 are you serious?

+ TeamInsaneClown on April 9th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

why is it that you ppl can come up with some golf junk but you can’t do anything at all with Wrestling? I’ve been a sony supporter since 1988, which means i was 5 years old, and i’m finally starting to see it has been a waste. :(

+ ECisMe on April 9th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

@S-moneytheKING

Congratulations?

Anyway, I recommend Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds to ANYONE who likes golf games. It’s amazing, and the Advanced Shot mechanics are nothing short of a revelation. I haven’t gone back.

Annabelle Garcia's Avatar

+ Annabelle Garcia on April 9th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

And, there’s a handful of Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds add-ons on sale to keep your game going!

+ ResistanceGTA on April 9th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

“Range of golf-themed games”…

Sports Champions 2 and Hot Shots, maybe change the word ‘range’ to something less… inaccurate.

Annabelle Garcia's Avatar

+ Annabelle Garcia on April 9th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

We have a variety of courses, characters, and costumes on sale in addition to games :)

+ Xoombie503 on April 9th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Hot shot golf world invitational is $19.99 everywhere lol

+ johnnyp70 on April 9th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

While these aren’t the most exciting sale items, the games are solid, and they are an excuse to dust off the Move if you are so inclined.

+ TeamInsaneClown on April 9th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

@6 very true lol

+ Chizuzuu on April 9th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

I agree, the sale price for the Vita game is probably more than the regular price should be. I can go to retail stores and buy it for less. Maybe if it were bundled with that recent DLC.

Annabelle Garcia's Avatar

+ Annabelle Garcia on April 9th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention- we’ll look into it.

+ Elvick_ on April 9th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Open Tee 2 is in need of a price drop. Personally feel really old sequels should either be the same price as the original, if you cap them at $10. Or at the most $12.

+ Squirtbot on April 9th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

No Tiger Woods DLC courses sale?????????

+ Solh0und on April 9th, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

HSG: World Invitational was like $8 during the holiday sale. Nowadays, you can buy a download code for like 17.99. Lol

+ Skater_Ricky on April 9th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

I really think @PlayStation needs to have some type of price matching deal even if I have to call and get it. I find Digital Copies of the game more valuable to me then a physical disc because of chances like lost, damaged, or stolen. God only knows what will happen to our stuff but he can’t destroy something he can’t touch lol. Anyways there needs to be more of a reason to but on the PlayStation Store versus buying in the store. I rather my money go to the developers more then my local blood sucking GameStop store where they make a killing off of used games and we all know they make a killing off used games.

+ Skater_Ricky on April 9th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Buy *

+ whatisdelicious on April 9th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Digital pricing is probably the most depressing part of the current generation. Everybody hoped you’d be able to undercut retailers, but not even close. The digital sale price for World Invitational is still $7 above the retail price on Amazon for a new copy and $15 above the first used copy on Amazon. Again, that’s the digital SALE price.

Eh, actually, I take it back. Patches are the most depressing part, now that every game can get away with releasing broken, unfinished copies and then release a workable day one patch, then slowly fix the rest of the problems.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on April 9th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

You’d probably have to pay me to play a golf game. And I’d still complain.

Annabelle Garcia's Avatar

+ Annabelle Garcia on April 9th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

If golf isn’t your thing, check out Sports Champions 2. There’s boxing, bowling, tennis, and more!

+ Chizuzuu on April 9th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

@12 I did not realize that you could buy codes from retailers. I may consider doing that. Thanks for the tip.

+ krae_man on April 9th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Why is Hot Shots Vita’s Sale price $24.99 when MSRP for the card version in Retail is $19.99?

You’ve been doing this for weeks and keep ignoring everyone calling you out on it.

+ Broccosparagus on April 9th, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

We need Pangya Fantasy Golf on the PSN already, I’m dying here.

+ krae_man on April 9th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

@Broccosparagus Oh god yes. I put like 80 hours into that game. So amazing. Way better then Hot Shots Golf.

+ kivi95 on April 9th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

If you can’t even make the game 50% on sales don’t even bother putting it on the sale.

Sports Champions 2 (PS3) – Regular $29.99, Sale $24.99. I mean really? Are you serious or is it supposed to be a joke?

Same with Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS Vita) – Regular $35.99, Sale $24.99. It’s over 1year old.

They are both Sony published games and this is all you could do?

+ CaptainRadical on April 9th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Hot Shots Vita has been 20$ in stores for at least 6 months now. But hey, good job putting it on sale for 25$

+ JetSetFuture on April 9th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

I demand a tennis-themed sale, with discounts on Hot Shots Tennis and the Virtua Tennis games!

Annabelle Garcia's Avatar

+ Annabelle Garcia on April 9th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

We’re getting some great ideas for future sales and will definitely keep this in consideration!

+ eaglefan129 on April 9th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

I wonder how many people know it’s because of masters week?

Annabelle Garcia's Avatar

+ Annabelle Garcia on April 9th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

WHAT? There’s a major golf tournament happening this week? ;)

+ crazy_kracker1 on April 9th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

@ 1 your gold star and cookie is in the mail. lol

+ AwRy108 on April 9th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

That price on World Invitational is absurd–get with the friggin’ times, SCEA.

+ Broccosparagus on April 9th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

@krae_man Hahaha, yeah it’s quite the amazing psp game I’ve played about 100 hours or so already, and almost have every item. :> My UMD drive is dead now (on both psp’s) though, so I’m wanting to continue it on my vita.

+ krae_man on April 9th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

@Broccosparagus I think it took me 30 hours of playing the slot machine to get every item. I turned auto save off and reset if I didn’t win something after 5 tries.

+ sic2291 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

Pretty week sale for World Invitational, I’d grab it during this sale but I’ve seen the retail version for 20 bucks. No additional Plus discount?

Annabelle Garcia's Avatar

+ Annabelle Garcia on April 9th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

No additional PS Plus discount for World Invitational, but PS Plus members can get Out of Bounds Complete Collection for $8.99!

+ smokinjoe1989 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:03 am said:

it should just be called a hot shots golf sale i was hopin to see some tigerwoods games

+ sic2291 on April 9th, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

Thanks for the reply Annabelle, I’ll look into getting physical first then. Might pick up Out of Bounds.
I see I spelled weak wrong, makes me wish I could edit posts here. XD

+ aibaby on April 9th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

I was hoping for a Vita compatibility with Pangya with the golf sale, :(

+ AiKaoriHime on April 9th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

You and me both #32. I never got to play the Pangya game on the PSP. :(

Also, when is Runner2 coming to the Vita? Was it canceled?

+ tusunami on April 9th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

I’m liking the sales gotta update my world invitational with the dlc i bought & get to playing it again!!!!!!!!!!

+ sptrk75 on April 9th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

@Broccosparagus – I agree Pangya was the most entertaining golf game on the PSP. I’d be surprised if it ever made it to the PSN. I don’t think the UMD sold well, at least in North America, and also included protection to prohibit it from be played from the memory stick.

+ TrIpLe-S-92 on April 9th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

@Number1 – I thought that stupid trend died out ages ag?

+ OneMoreVillain on April 9th, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

Anyone who buys the Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is really stupid, it is 19.99 at all retailers.
A Sony owned property and it is offered for more then the actual physical copy costs.

+ CT9926 on April 13th, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

Nobody care about your hotshots golf! We want the PGA TOUR! The Masters is on now! Just convert the PS3 games to PSVITA format. How hard can that be?

Well log- off and get to work, I bought a Vita so I can enjoy my games anywhere, not sitting in front of the T.V.

What is taking so long?