PS4-Infamous

Spring Fever Hits PSN: Four New Titles, Day-One PS Plus Discounts

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Apr 09, 2013 // Director, Digital Distribution

PSN Spring Fever 2013

With winter finally coming to an end, it’s time to celebrate the changing of the seasons with our annual Spring Fever promotion on PlayStation Network!

We’re championing independent developers this year, with a new indie title coming each week. You may have noticed during GDC that we are focusing on bringing the best independent games to PSN, and we’re happy to reinforce our dedication to indie developers with this year’s Spring Fever. Each week during the month of April, we will bring a gaming experience from noteworthy independent developers, such as DrinkBox Studios and Frima Studio. Additionally, each title features Cross-Buy functionality for PS3 and PS Vita, and PlayStation Plus members get at least 20% off each title during launch week!

Spring Fever also offers sales on a number of games and add-ons from popular franchises each week, as well as some great deals on movies themed to each week’s sale, which you’ll learn more about in the PlayStation Store Update posts each Tuesday.

Spring Fever 2013

Date Game Title Normal Price PS Plus Price
4/9 Guacamelee! $14.99 $11.99
4/16 Dragon Fantasy Book I $9.99 $7.99
4/23 Thomas Was Alone $9.99 $7.99
4/30 Zombie Tycoon 2 $9.99 Free

Spring Fever Franchise Sale

• 4/9 – Borderlands
  • 4/16 – Grand Theft Auto
  • 4/23 – Resident Evil
  • 4/30 – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale – Includes PS All-Stars Game Sale and Game Sales for some of the big name characters in the game

Check back each Tuesday for more info about that week’s releases. Let us know which indie games you’ll be downloading in the comments, and enjoy this year’s Spring Fever!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ TriangleOffense on April 9th, 2013 at 7:03 am said:

Yawn

+ Mando44646 on April 9th, 2013 at 7:04 am said:

Borderlands, GTA, and RE? Giant Yawn. I had hoped for a decent sale. Maybe some day consoles will actually compete with Steam’s awesome sales

+ jeffsmither on April 9th, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

I thought This sale would have other classic games on it. Not just one new release games.

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Well, Spring Fever has always highlighed new release games; but I think you’ll find a ton of discounts on the franchise sales which will have multiple games from those series on sale; with extra perks for Plus members too. We’ll have more details to share on those as we enter their respective weeks; look forward to it!

+ Nintendo451 on April 9th, 2013 at 7:06 am said:

Wow, very impressed! I’ve been looking forward to…well all of these games!. And all four of those are Cross-Buy? AND Plus discount? Sold. I’m getting them all.

+ IzoGray on April 9th, 2013 at 7:06 am said:

Put Juan from guacamelee in PSAllStars!

Where is the soul sacrifice demo?

Where are the all stars dlc costumes?

+ RoaringMdog18 on April 9th, 2013 at 7:09 am said:

Please dont tell me this is what Morgan Haro was teasing on twitter last night :/

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

A week one discount on fantastic games is a pretty sweet deal, but hey, that’s just me; I’m excited =)

+ fede01_8 on April 9th, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

$2 discounts, are you serious?!
At least i hope there are some big discounts on AAA games coming…

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

While I’ll always take any discount I can get on brand new release games (something I don’t think you see very often, if at all aside from on Plus), you’ll likely see some big discounts on big games within the franchise sales for the series listed.

+ xyzdragon99 on April 9th, 2013 at 7:11 am said:

Ow yeah! I’ve been looking forward to play PS-All Stars and this sale is a good chance to grab the PS3 version. Aside with the incoming free Malicious, this month is being a good one for me. Thank you.

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Awesome; glad you’re excited!

+ QuantumMercury on April 9th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

I agree with #1. You guys should put more RPGs on sale if you can. Rainbow Moon is a great title but you could also put Agarest 2, Legasista, etc on sale.

+ Xer0Signal on April 9th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

I’m pumped for all the new releases, but, I would have liked a little more pricing information on the franchise stuff. I guess you’re waiting on future weeks for GTA, RE, and, PSASBR, but, the Borderlands sale is today. What exactly is on sale? I’m hoping / guessing DLC.

Really glad to see day-one sales for Guacamelee, TWA, and Dragon Fantasy. Was already planning on getting all of those, so, that’s awesome.

+ Pierre Gravereau on April 9th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

I think more information is coming on each sale every week with the PS Store update post.

+ Zionine on April 9th, 2013 at 7:14 am said:

Looking forward for all those indie Cross-buy titles. Might look into that RE/Borderlands sale.. but yeah. Doesn’t look to grandiose. Undeserving of hype.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on April 9th, 2013 at 7:14 am said:

I really hope there are some GTA titles on 4/16 that are free for PS+. They have been conspicuously missing from the IGC.

I’m glad that there’s a launch-week discount for Guacamelee, but $3 doesn’t quite do it for me. I’ll probably wait a little while.

+ johnnyp70 on April 9th, 2013 at 7:16 am said:

This is a plus/minus for me. Pleased with the discounts on the new titles, but the other part just feels flat. I remember the sale being more exciting in the past. Oh well, Guacamelee, with the Plus discount and my free money coming by April12 will make me happy.

+ UltimateBatman on April 9th, 2013 at 7:16 am said:

What’s Dragon Fantasy Book I?

+ blu_unclegh on April 9th, 2013 at 7:16 am said:

I love the day 1 discounts on Guacamelee and TWA. Was gonna get them regardless, this just sweetens the pot. Thanks for the great discounts

+ Zionine on April 9th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

too*

Hmm.. But tbh, there’s not much out there that I want at all… :/ So, just keep on keepin on, guys. Loving the support and work you put into all of this.

I also did hear something about organizing my Vita bubbles much simpler. Please proceed with this since it’s an annoyance constantly scrolling. On my phone, I have 3 pages, max.

+ BlueRobotX on April 9th, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

Awesome I’m getting Guacamelee! later today, Dragon Fantasy Book I maybe I will have to look into it first but I probably will get it, Thomas Was Alone I don’t know I will have to look into to it some more and Zombie Tycoon 2 I will get because it looks good and it will be free for PS+.

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

Yeah both Thomas Was Alone and Zombie Tycoon 2 seem to enjoy a good reputation in the indie community. Looking forward to checking them out.

+ shuaDove on April 9th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

Love it! I can see why some people would want bigger named titles, but I’ve been looking forward to playing each of these indie games since they were announced. This almost makes up for the lack of Vita new releases in April… almost. Question is how many can I squeeze in before Soul Sacrifice on 4/30?

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Yeah that’s the thing is that it’s pretty easy for bigger name titles to get their time in the sun. For smaller indie titles, there are these AMAZING experiences and games that people might not see since there isn’t a big publisher attached. We want to create a friendly atmosphere for games of all kinds to thrive on PSN; so while people may be disappointed because they haven’t heard of some of these, I think they’d be very pleasantly surprised at these games. It’ll be a net positive for gamers all around.

+ Stoffinator on April 9th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

That is the Spring sale!?! Here I was saving up thinking it would be the big sales you guys usually have.

+ Pierre Gravereau on April 9th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

These are big sales actually. We are talking about Franchis esales not single games on sale. Also, stay tune for PS All-Stars sale as games from many of the Heroes fighting in All-Stars will be on sale as well.

+ DonArmageddon on April 9th, 2013 at 7:23 am said:

Sweet! Was going to get the Borderlands 2 Season Pass with my forthcoming 30 Sonybux, but I guess now I’ll have enough left over to snag a digital copy of P3: FES as well!

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

Wow, you’re looking to snag $30 from last month’s promo? nice work! Enjoy Persona 3 FES, it’s a wonderful game.

+ akisuo on April 9th, 2013 at 7:24 am said:

Was already looking forward to Guacamelee! and Dragon Fantasy Book 1 anyhow. I’ll take any PS+ discount any day of the week. Hopefully the Grand Theft Auto sale will be decent next week.

+ DJ-ecchi on April 9th, 2013 at 7:25 am said:

FINALLY! PS-ASBR sale!

Been waiting for this for a while now. Thank you!

I wonder if apart from the regular sale there’ll be a larger discount for PSN+ users.

+ Squiggle55 on April 9th, 2013 at 7:26 am said:

Dangit. This is nowhere close to the type of sale I was anticipating. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the day 1 discount on Guacamelee, but I was hoping for a real sale on a wide range of games, with discounts for everyone, and deeper discounts for PS+.

I guess the only hope here for that is that last week where games from PS All-Stars characters will be on sale.

+ Sullenity on April 9th, 2013 at 7:28 am said:

Nice Spring Lineup for Cross-Buys! Looking forward to Guacamelee! and Dragon Fantasy Book 1. Playstation Plus has been a fantastic investment. Any word on Rainbow Moon for Vita?

+ ike9934 on April 9th, 2013 at 7:28 am said:

I, for one, am pretty pleased with this post! I’m particularly interested in Guacamelee, which I will be downloading tonight. Now if I could only get my $10 credit from the March promo…

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

The credit should be coming no later than 4/12.

But Guacamelle! has definitely been enjoying very positive reviews, so I think we’re in for a treat tonight when it’s available on the PS Store

Polygon review: http://www.polygon.com/game/guacamelee/3645

+ Ryumoau on April 9th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

Only thing interesting to me is the Guacamalee and Dragon Fantasy Book 1 sales. Was hoping for better big name sales than this though.

+ SuMizzle on April 9th, 2013 at 7:30 am said:

Seeing comments like “Yawn” or “Only $2!?” is so lame. Yawn? Go get a nap. Not happy with the discount? Play the $200 worth of content you downloaded last month and the month before and the month before.

+ GRIM__REAFER on April 9th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

Quite jealous of the Easter Egg Hunt offers

+ carlosror42 on April 9th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

Where’s Labyrinth Legends free for PSN Plus Members?

+ LeeorV on April 9th, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

THIS IS NOT THE FULL SALE! ONLY A SPOT LIGHT ON NEW GAMES THAT ARE GETTING DAY 1 SALES AS WELL AS ANNOUNCEMENT OF DATES AND CROSS BUY FOR THEM.

if you want details on the sale, wait for today’s store update!

+ Ryumoau on April 9th, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

@9 i agree. we need more rpg sales. Not just jrpgs but even western ones.

@14 its a old school rpg developed by an indie company. supposed to be pretty good.

+ jerk_man on April 9th, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

did you guys notice the playstation all star battle royale heritage sale? it says “Game Sales for some of the big name characters in the game.” didn’t notice it at first lol. jus sayin

+ DonArmageddon on April 9th, 2013 at 7:35 am said:

(…still, a Metal Gear sale would have been amazing.)

+ TriangleOffense on April 9th, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

@27

there hasnt been nor will there ever be a month that I get $200 worth of content out of plus. I would be surprised if I got that by the time my sub runs out.

Plus had promise when it launched and has been driven into the ground by sony offering junk titles and discounts on garbage they cant sell any other way.

Some sales and discounts are good but lets put it up to about 15% leaving a 85% pile of junk.

As for this months discounts … I think its been about 6 months since RE and Borderlands had a discount so rather than offering anything new or decent they just ship those back up there again. nice.

+ whatisdelicious on April 9th, 2013 at 7:38 am said:

These sales aren’t really dramatic enough to inspire me to buy any of these games if I wasn’t already going to, but… I was already planning to buy Guacamelee! and Thomas Was Alone so I’m totally fine with it.

I’d still encourage deeper discounts in the future. I understand the higher-up business suit mentality of, “Well, we’ll make less money per sale,” which is true, and, “We’ll be under-valuing our games,” which is also true, but the benefit of both is simply that you get more sales, more people playing those games, more people likely to spend money in the future and willing to try out interesting new titles.

A couple bucks off a game I’m not sure if I want is not enough to make me say, “Eh, why not?” and make an impulse buy. All it does is give you less money per sale of the people who were already going to buy it anyway.

+ Zionine on April 9th, 2013 at 7:39 am said:

@33 That’s still possible with the PSABR characters sale. Haha.. Since Raiden is in that roster.

@30: I hope you’re right. :) I need them to take back the free money that they’re giving me.. ;)

+ icurafuse on April 9th, 2013 at 7:39 am said:

I will be getting all four of these indie games. I would have grabbed them anyway, but the sale makes each of them day one buys. Thanks PSN team!

+ Ryumoau on April 9th, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

@28 easter egg hunt deal? must be on the EU store. Figures….

+ blord7777 on April 9th, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

I am hoping that its the RE that I have played on the GC….that has to be one of my all time fav games and my son and I still play it. If it is, I will be getting that one. My son will be graduating this year but he always has time to play games like that with his dear old momma, so that would be awesome =)

+ CaptainRadical on April 9th, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

Man, if there was a way to show your competition how to NOT do a sale, you guys really showed them! This is seriously pathetic.

+ thebgj on April 9th, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

I wonder what Resident Evil game they are talking about.

I have RE1,2,3 free with PS+

RE4 discount PS+

RE5 free PS+

RE chronicles/ files i just paid for.

I hope its RE6…its already 20 bucks new at the store. or maybe its Veronica?

+ zingakun on April 9th, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

I asked about Ni no Kuni on Bandai Namco page, I’m really hoping to have a sale on it anytime soon :/

Can’t wait to see the discount you’ll give on Borderlands 2.

Just wondering, when there is this type of sales, it means that Sony shoulders the discount and indie developers receive the full price for each copy sold?

Tks!

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Good choice on getting on Namco Bandai’s channels to make your voice heard on requesting a sale for Ni No Kuni on PSN. They’re the ones who would need to approve any discount on PSN.

On your last question, I’m afraid we don’t disclose the inner workings of that type of thing, sorry!

+ TriangleOffense on April 9th, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

@38 The Easter Egg Hunt is a EU thing and here is a taste of the QUALITY they get

Offer 7: Doom 3
Was €39.99/£29.99, now €17.99/£13.99
Valid until 11.59am 10th April

Offer 6: From Dust and I Am Alive bundle (Not available in Turkey)
Was €21.99/£17.99, now €11.99/£9.69
Valid until 11.59am 8th April

Offer 5: Assassin’s Creed 3
Was €69.99/£49.99, now €34.99/£24.99
Valid until 11.59am 6th April (or 11.59am 8th April in Turkey)

Offer 4: Spec Ops and Duke Nukem Forever bundle
Was €79.98/£65.98, now €24.99/£19.99
Valid until 11.59am 4th April

Offer 3: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Was €49.99/£39.99, now €19.99/£15.99
Valid until 11.59am 2nd April

Offer 2: Tomb Raider
Was €59.99/£49.99, now €29.99/£19.99
Valid until 11.59am 31st March

Offer 1: Killzone & Infamous Bundle (includes Killzone HD and Infamous: Festival of Blood)
Was €19.99/£15.99, now €12.49/£9.89
Valid until 11.59am 29th March

+ MPaullin on April 9th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

Nice. I might be in for all of those new games. Can we have any elaborations on the franchise sales? Will PS+ get a larger discount for them? Are all of the Borderlands 2 add ons included?

+ ECisMe on April 9th, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

I like the sale! Perfect timing with the $10 back on $50 spent promo coming in as well.

+ SuMizzle on April 9th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

@ TriangleOffense

Play what ya got. I’ve been a sub since launch and have well over $200 in content. They release something I don’t want or already have? I play something else out of the 64 games I’ve (and by I’ve, I mean the one’s offered I wanted, not everything offered) received over the life of my subscription. It’s just a silly complaint in my opinion.

+ Ryumoau on April 9th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

@43 Tomb Raider and Doom 3 look priced well. Too bad we couldn’t get that kinda sale. :(

+ CrusaderForever on April 9th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

Thanks for the Guacamelle discount. I already own PSABR and it’s a fantastic game especially on the Vita! I am hoping Isaac and Zeus are on sale as I haven’t bought them yet. Being a PS+ member is so worth it, thanks Sony!

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

+ afigueroa on April 9th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

Guacamelee sale for PSN plus users? I was on the fence on getting the game but now it is really a day one buy for me!

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Yep; hop off that fence! the game is great.

+ Erlaxis on April 9th, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

I love the fact that you bring the indies to the forefront. Some sales on other stuff would be great as well. Guess I’ll have to wait and see those franchise sales.

PAGE 1 2 3