PS4 - Transistor

Spring Fever Hits PSN: Four New Titles, Day-One PS Plus Discounts

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Apr 09, 2013 // Director, Digital Distribution

PSN Spring Fever 2013

With winter finally coming to an end, it’s time to celebrate the changing of the seasons with our annual Spring Fever promotion on PlayStation Network!

We’re championing independent developers this year, with a new indie title coming each week. You may have noticed during GDC that we are focusing on bringing the best independent games to PSN, and we’re happy to reinforce our dedication to indie developers with this year’s Spring Fever. Each week during the month of April, we will bring a gaming experience from noteworthy independent developers, such as DrinkBox Studios and Frima Studio. Additionally, each title features Cross-Buy functionality for PS3 and PS Vita, and PlayStation Plus members get at least 20% off each title during launch week!

Spring Fever also offers sales on a number of games and add-ons from popular franchises each week, as well as some great deals on movies themed to each week’s sale, which you’ll learn more about in the PlayStation Store Update posts each Tuesday.

Spring Fever 2013

Date Game Title Normal Price PS Plus Price
4/9 Guacamelee! $14.99 $11.99
4/16 Dragon Fantasy Book I $9.99 $7.99
4/23 Thomas Was Alone $9.99 $7.99
4/30 Zombie Tycoon 2 $9.99 Free

Spring Fever Franchise Sale

• 4/9 – Borderlands
  • 4/16 – Grand Theft Auto
  • 4/23 – Resident Evil
  • 4/30 – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale – Includes PS All-Stars Game Sale and Game Sales for some of the big name characters in the game

Check back each Tuesday for more info about that week’s releases. Let us know which indie games you’ll be downloading in the comments, and enjoy this year’s Spring Fever!

+ Fardeenah on April 9th, 2013 at 7:58 am said:

i was hoping that Guacamelee was 10 dollars, i would gladly buy it with my free credit that i am getting on 12 april. gonna wait for another discount for this game or when it will come on ps plus for free

+ Nates4Christ on April 9th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

I don’t think these are particularly for me. I’m satisfied with my 3 months of plus becouse it counted toward my 10 dollars back, and I got spec ops the line and labrynth legends. It is a shame how much cheeper these iphone games are on the iphone. I’m sure they are a dollar.

I recently started trying out the xbox indie arcade. And one thing they get right is EVERY game almost has a demo. and the indie games are fair priced at maximum 5 dollars. These two points of good business are going to play a major role in my choice for next gen.

+ Loco4FourLoko on April 9th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

now this is what i wanted to see for April! thank you! something is better than nothing at all!

+ RyanSaotome on April 9th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Thanks for saving me money, Sony. I was actually worried you might put up something I couldn’t resist buying.

+ toology01 on April 9th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Im having a real hard time purchasing anything new from the PSN store knowing that ill be getting the PS4 on day one and I wont be able to play these games on it. If the higher ups could perhaps let us know that when/if all this stuff will be available through their Gaikai service and everything that we purchased before on the PS3 would be credited and available to us through the service, that would put my mind at ease for buying stuff now. Just something to pass on higher up the chain wink wink.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on April 9th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

#52 (nate): The two things that keep me from buying another Xbox next generation are they don’t get day one games ever (they got borderlands 2 a month AFTER sony already had it/ Oh and they also don’t get arcade games till Wednesdays a DAY after Sony gets them) and the $60 a year fee.

Since I buy mostly digital now, Xbox is useless 98% of the time for purchasing games off their store. Just wanted to share those two tidbits about release dates if you didn’t know.

And about this sale, not that great.
The original borderlands? That’s been on sale a lot now it seems.
I’ll probably will look into Battle Royale if it’s a decent price and not just $10 off.

And will look at the other Indie games (not interested in Gaucamelee) when the time comes.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on April 9th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

#55 I would be in your same boat as well. But i’m waiting to purchase a new console until about 6 months after release because we all know the hardware issues will ascend.

+ Archaga on April 9th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

I really hope they put Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for $10 again. Missed out when it was on sale a few weeks ago. Definitely grabbing Guacamelee, disappointed it’s a very short game, but I’ve heard it was worth it. Other than that, not interested in the spotlights, hopefully the rest of the catalog will be more interesting.

+ WAR1965 on April 9th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

wow omg im actually signing in lol. since that update it said the family network of sony is not in my country or region lol . wow that thing has some bugs in it always sign you out cant sign in yikes ! but any way great update on that fatal frame now need 2 and 3 and that would be awesome ! hey the silent hill collection on psn be sweet 1,2,3,4, wow the whole lot be a sale . the legacy of kain and soul reaver series brought to psn be nice looking forward to that resident evil sale probably borderlands too . all stars have to see what that brings . well I hope they fix that update horrible

+ antidentity on April 9th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

this is almost as eventful as watching bacon mold.
which i would never do because, well, its bacon.
hopefully the store update will prove me wrong.

+ XtemmA2 on April 9th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Yes! This is what PS+ means to me.
Day 1 all 4 !!!!
Yay!

Thank you for this advance info, Pierre. <3

+ biogenic on April 9th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Nice update and very happy to see Guacamelee be so cheap.

+ TwinDad on April 9th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I’m looking forward to Guacamelee and Dragon Book. After that I need to see what else will be on sale for Spring Fever as it might have something else to get.

+ Chizuzuu on April 9th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

I may go for Thomas was alone if I’m reading that cross buy stuff right. The franchise sales don’t really interest me, as I only have a Vita. Of the franchises listed, the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale has a remote possibility of offering games that I may want, but we’ll see.

+ KnifingGrimace on April 9th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Gonna get Dragoon Fantasy Book I. I also hope to see what the Borderlands and Resident Evil sales will entail, as well as anything else that may be added to the sale.

+ TheBratPrince79 on April 9th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Spring Fever Franchise Sale?
Borderland again….We had Borderland game for free last time w discounts add ons

+ Elvick_ on April 9th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

I was buying all these anyway, so the discounts are nice for me.

+ samv33 on April 9th, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

Adding my voice to those that think this is a lame sale. $2 off? And so few titles?

+ Alastor424 on April 9th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Is the sale limited to those titles or could there possibly be other titles for sale along side?

+ vatchea on April 9th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

This is awesome!

+ JPG2105 on April 9th, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

So if I download Zombie tycoon 2 will I own it or will it be an IGC game.

+ ItaChu on April 9th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

4/23 resident evil…. damn i hope that means code veronica gets a 9.99 price tag and 7.99 for plus …. id get that … its the only one im missing …. and resident evil 5 … but i beat and sold that already XD wasnt on plus when you gave it for free

+ ItaChu on April 9th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

you should release the ps2 resident evil games as ps2 classics

+ SkreetMerchant on April 9th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Dear lord this is awesome, so many good games
=]

+ four24twenty on April 9th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

I like the subliminal message regarding the Playstation credit card!

+ aozoranokiseki on April 9th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Whoo hoo, a release date for Thomas Was Alone! Time to spread the word. 8D And only 10 bucks for the Cross-Buy? Awesoooome!

+ subadictos on April 9th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

PLEASE… give me back today the 10 dollars promotion for march (40 dollars in my case).

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

We mentioned the date when the promo was announced, but it’ll be coming on or around 4/12.

+ GStylez1980 on April 9th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Not bad. Nice to get a few bucks off Guacamelee and Thomas Was Alone on Day 1. Here’s hoping that Borderlands sale includes Borderlands 2 and it’s downloadable content, the Resident Evil sale includes Resident Evil 6, and the PS All-Stars Heritage Sale includes Metal Gear games (i.e., Metal Gear Solid HD collection for Vita, Metal Gear Solid Rising) and DMC: Devil May Cry.

+ GStylez1980 on April 9th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

Oh, and Sly 4 for PS3 and Vita (under the Heritage Sale)

+ WilburMonkey on April 9th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

I am pleased to see that my PS+ subscription is current and I have $12.44 in my wallet. This means that Guacamelee will be mine!

Now, what about a PS+ discount on Vita memory cards? Or just an outright price drop? I can buy a Sony 32 GB mircoSD card for $35, but a Vita card is still $99! It makes no sense and is the only thing left holding the Vita back.

Thanks for supporting all the creative and off-the-wall Indie games!

+ xClayMeow on April 9th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Guacamelee! for $12? Hell yeah! Day One purchase! (or whenever I get my $10 promo credit this week)

+ klassymike on April 9th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

Unless today’s store update has some great offers, I will be saving my money. I was expecting much more than these offers. Guacamelee will get much deeper discounts down the road and possibly will be free on plus, so I will wait on that one and the rest of what’s listed doesn’t spark my interest whatsoever.

+ WoundedUnderwear on April 9th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

I hope this isn’t it. I hope there’s more coming for Spring Fever 2013. Only thing that i’m interest in is IF Borderlands sales include Borderlands 2. If not then more “YAWNING” for such a lame Spring Fever 2013 Sale.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

There’s going to be quite a bit in the Borderlands sale, i think you’ll be happy with it =)

+ script-br on April 9th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

” PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale – Includes PS All-Stars Game Sale and Game Sales for some of the big name characters in the game”

Does that means some PS1/PS2 games might go on sale? Give them a big discount and I will buy a lot!

+ cronqvist on April 9th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

I loved Thomas Was Alone on the PC, so it’s a day-one buy for me. And I just have to get Guacamelee! and Dragon Fantasy because they look awesome. Also: PS+ discounts. Thanks!

+ naDOOFUS on April 9th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Look out everyone Morgan is gonna spend the rest of his replying again.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

rest of my what? i don’t know what you were going to sayyyyyyyyyy

+ tankazz on April 9th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

What time do these go live?

+ Metalsonic_69 on April 9th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

I’ve wanted to play that Dragon Fantasy game for a while now.

+ Scaramanga1983 on April 9th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

I wanted to see the Call of Duty World at War map pack bundle on sale. I want those 3 zombie maps, but can not pay 25 dollars for it, it’s just too expensive.

It’s nice to see a GTA and Resident Evil sale, but I bought GTA Liberty City Stories and Resident Evil 2 to play on my Vita just last month…

+ APrusky on April 9th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

When am I going to be able to download Guacamelee! on my Vita? I am actually really psyched for it… and I still cant find it in the store… grrrrr

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

Watch the PS Blog for the post on the PlayStation Store update. It can update anytime between 9a PT to 7pm PST; but usually tends to happen in the afternoon hours between 1 – 4p PST.

+ Alaann on April 9th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

is aliens colonial marines going to be on sale and will the ps2 gta games be going on sale also the ps2 hd versions of hitman the multipack,for people looking at the eu store sale set up an eu account,I have a eu and usa accounts you can play games bought on your second account on your main one

+ DonArmageddon on April 9th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

@Morgan: Easy peasy. Bioshock Infinite + extra year (and three months!) of Plus, ME2 Ultimate, and Rayman Origins. Played and loved P3/4 on PS2…but it’d be real awesome if Atlus would release P4: Golden on PS3!

+ Qatsmasher on April 9th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

I’m loving the indie focus Sony has taken recently. Definitely grabbing Guacamelee and the others, though I feel like I’m stealing from them at those prices.

Any word on Hotline Miami’s release date?

+ xenosaga200 on April 9th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

dragon fantasy book 1 will come for psvita too?

+ tankazz on April 9th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

^ “Additionally, each title features Cross-Buy functionality for PS3 and PS Vita”

+ agentCero on April 9th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Any price on Borderlands 2? I would like to know how much in psn cards I need while I’m out today. I hope there’s a plus discount on it :)

+ APrusky on April 9th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Thanks for the response Morgan. Can’t wait.

+ naDOOFUS on April 9th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

@86 rest of is day, haha.

+ sic2291 on April 9th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

In for Guacamelee and Dragon Fantasy. Not sure about Thomas Was Alone.

+ HeLLeVeN11 on April 9th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Not sure about ‘Thomas Was Alone’ yet but grabbing other 3, can’t wait for Guacamelee so early store update would be appreciatedededed :P