PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Spring Fever Hits PSN: Four New Titles, Day-One PS Plus Discounts

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Apr 09, 2013 // Director, Digital Distribution

PSN Spring Fever 2013

With winter finally coming to an end, it’s time to celebrate the changing of the seasons with our annual Spring Fever promotion on PlayStation Network!

We’re championing independent developers this year, with a new indie title coming each week. You may have noticed during GDC that we are focusing on bringing the best independent games to PSN, and we’re happy to reinforce our dedication to indie developers with this year’s Spring Fever. Each week during the month of April, we will bring a gaming experience from noteworthy independent developers, such as DrinkBox Studios and Frima Studio. Additionally, each title features Cross-Buy functionality for PS3 and PS Vita, and PlayStation Plus members get at least 20% off each title during launch week!

Spring Fever also offers sales on a number of games and add-ons from popular franchises each week, as well as some great deals on movies themed to each week’s sale, which you’ll learn more about in the PlayStation Store Update posts each Tuesday.

Spring Fever 2013

Date Game Title Normal Price PS Plus Price
4/9 Guacamelee! $14.99 $11.99
4/16 Dragon Fantasy Book I $9.99 $7.99
4/23 Thomas Was Alone $9.99 $7.99
4/30 Zombie Tycoon 2 $9.99 Free

Spring Fever Franchise Sale

• 4/9 – Borderlands
  • 4/16 – Grand Theft Auto
  • 4/23 – Resident Evil
  • 4/30 – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale – Includes PS All-Stars Game Sale and Game Sales for some of the big name characters in the game

Check back each Tuesday for more info about that week’s releases. Let us know which indie games you’ll be downloading in the comments, and enjoy this year’s Spring Fever!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ SpaceOddity87 on April 9th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

I already own Thomas Was Alone for PC, so I may pass on that until a few more dollars get shaved off, but I will definitely buy Guacamelee, and probably one or two GTAs and REs, if the price is right.

+ LasPlagas54 on April 9th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Incredibly excited for Guacamelee!

Can’t wait for the store to update.

+ WoundedUnderwear on April 9th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

Hey Morgan,

Thanks for replying to both of my question. One from the PS Plus update yesterday and here today.

I know I been complaining a lot, but hey without us complainer Sony would never made so much improvements. It’s good to see you folks at Sony are trying hard to please everyone, which is impossible.

I just want to say keep up the good work and keep improving things on PSN, PS STORE & PS PLUS.

But of course I’m still going to complain if I don’t see what I like :)~ .

My complain for now is will the NEW PS STORE ever going get fix. It’s still suffering with so much bugs and issues. It just get tiring after a while. And why do we have to go through so many steps just to check out one item as well?

Anyway Thanks again for all the hard work you folks at Sony been putting into to make the PSN the best it can be.

+ XeahuleXolic on April 9th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Im pumped this I can’t wait!! I hope there is going to be more DLC Characters for playstation allstars battle royal!! I am hosting another Tournament on this epic awesome game and having 2 more Characters would be awesome!!

+ saab01 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

I feel like this spring sale doesn’t seem like the best one as to previous years. Thomas was alone looks interesting but for some reason I see it coming free to Plus users in the coming months. So basically there is no point to buy it on sale when I can wait and get it free later. Guacamellee looks interesting but I would need to try a demo before making a purchase.

+ Satnamji on April 9th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

I just bought the Borderlands 1 DLC bundle last week, thinking it wouldn’t go on sale again (it went on sale last September). I got it to get another $10 back in the March promo, but had I known there was a chance it would go on sale again (this soon!), I would’ve put the $20 toward something else. Usually I have better luck than that. Oh well. I usually feel I’m getting away with murder on some of these deals, like the Deus Ex sale two weeks ago.

+ Elvick_ on April 9th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

@94: Yeah, it’s on Vita too.

+ SWITCH_00599 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Some people here are dumb its all I gotta say and not to mention impatient geez! Wait till the update later tonight whats the rush? Guacamelee is a Sure buy for me.

+ Mando44646 on April 9th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

“+ Morgan Haro on April 9th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

While I’ll always take any discount I can get on brand new release games (something I don’t think you see very often, if at all aside from on Plus), you’ll likely see some big discounts on big games within the franchise sales for the series listed.”

-Steam puts a launch discount on almost every new game they sell – both big and small. So such things happen quite often. Just sayin

+ Jack_Sparow on April 9th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

I really hope the Borderlands Sale includes the DLC for Borderlands 2, because if not, then why are you guys having another sale on Borderlands 1 and its DLC when there have been two within the past year? (Right before E3 2012 with the Ultimate collection that had the game and all its DLC, and around September it was given for free with the DLC on discount). Other then that, the sale isn’t too bad. Might get Guacamelee and if RE4 is on sale I might get that too

+ Bones00 on April 9th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Ugh I have to choose one first. Guacamelee or Dragon Fantasy Book I?

+ DarkOne_PR on April 9th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

I would Love to make that PS visa card mine… if…. SONY WOULD LET PUERTO RICO HAVE IT! sigh… im tired of this…

+ tusunami on April 9th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

This is why those that still don’t have PS Plus & for whatever reason better do something about it cause it’s better to be a PS Plus member!!!!!!!!!!!

+ marcrobviana on April 9th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale! Yeah \o/ Finally I will get this game! Maybe I’ll buy R.E 6 too…

+ LDemonicI on April 9th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Reduce price on memory cards so i can buy more games! Thats holding me back! GTA sale psp games?!?!

+ jonjon0890 on April 9th, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

Will it be the discount be similar to the 13 for 13 sale where it was 50 % to 75 % off on select titles?

+ Quique19_96 on April 9th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

Why not Crash Bandicoot? :D

+ supvic on April 9th, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

I’m so glad I have a EU PSN account, they’ve had some great deals lately, especially Tomb Raider going so cheap.

This sale is just insulting.. GTA, RE, Borderlands.. really? Old games that have already been on sale about 6 times before going on sale AGAIN justifies all this hype?

+ Kaddyshacks on April 9th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Man, some people can sure be whiny! I think these are some fine deals, and I don’t see what some are complaining about. Can’t please everyone I guess.

+ God-Of-Lyf on April 9th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

I just saved a bunch of money by avoiding the Spring Fever 2013 so called sale. Looking forward to what XBox brings me this year ;)

+ mjc0961 on April 9th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

You can tell that this is lackluster because I just had to agree with TriangleOffense of all people. Yawn indeed.

I’m going to go shower now until I finally scrub the dirtiness of what this lackluster sale just made me do.

+ PrimeroIncognito on April 9th, 2013 at 3:28 pm said:

Looks good to me!

+ ossiecastro5 on April 9th, 2013 at 3:30 pm said:

Hmmm, All Stars at the end of the month? I hope they’ll have a new dlc character or an announcement for a dlc character.

+ ICPosse8 on April 9th, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

I think all you guys complain just a little too much about what they put on here. Just because you may not be a fan or you already have the game recently put on sale doesn’t make it a bad sale. To you it may be a bad sale but get over yourself, your not the only Plus member. Everyone on here acts like the PS Plus is lame but they can just switch over to Xbox than or keep their PC’s because in MY opinion PS Plus is one of the best things Sony has ever done. Everyone on here that is complaining are lucky that Sony doesn’t just remove it entirely due to customer dissatisfaction. Grow a pair and wait till next week!

+ favian on April 9th, 2013 at 4:21 pm said:

It would be nice if there was a standard across the board 10% discount on all games as a plus member, with the occasional deeper discount during special sales..

It’s better than having to keep my fingers crossed for a game to go on sale, and holding off on a purchase indefinitely for a discount that may never come.

I believe Gamestop and Barnes and Noble do this with their membership cards. Automatic 10% discount on all items as a paid member.

+ Skyyplum on April 9th, 2013 at 6:14 pm said:

The Borderlands sale is amazing, was so sad that I went out and bought 2 for $39.99 today just so I could get the dlc on sale this week only find that 2 was on sale for $19.99. If anyone hasn’t played 1 or 2, 20.99 for both is a steal. I’ve played 2 on the the 360 but vault hunter mode was killing me so I traded it in after 50+ hours but still was one of my favorites from last year and I was really in the mood to play it again and try the dlc for the first time.

+ noblefenix on April 9th, 2013 at 8:14 pm said:

I wont personally be getting any of these as my hours are being cut back at work, but come on guys these are great discounts. You all are gamers right? As gamers we expect to pay for what we play. In my opinion any discount is a good discount. Not very many companies offer perks to its customers.

+ Shadow_Enz on April 10th, 2013 at 2:12 am said:

Here’s hoping the price will be right for RE: Code Veronica HD.

With CV on the Dreamcast, PS2, and Gamecube, I’ve held out on the non-retail digital download only, HD version of this game…

but if the price is right… I’ll be able to watch Leonardo DiCaprio tear up zombies with his SMGs (and later golden rugers).

I wish more PSN games had actual demos, especially these Minis and Indie titles.

+ RawrimaEetYu on April 10th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

What’s with all these “Yawns?” I’m absolutely STOKED to hear Borderlands and Borderlands 2 are on for such a FANTASTIC deal!! I’m most definitely picking up that bundle ASAP along with waiting on the edge of my seat to check out the other great deals coming up!

I KNEW this was gonna be a great year for Sony fans!

+ DALBERT79 on April 10th, 2013 at 2:50 pm said:

I have to say I am very disappointed with these sales. I, like many, spend a good amount in PSN. There is not anything remotely enticing. I was hoping for SOMETHING yet will get nothing.

Also, when are you guys going to address the problem with Plus entitlements? If we download a free game and then want to purchase it , we have to jump through continuous hurdles to actually PAY for something. I still cannot buy Shank 2 because customer service cannot figure out my problem. This is around the eighth time I’ve written about this, yet never a response.

+ MOCHIIIx on April 10th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

Waiting for that Soul Sacrifice demo. :C

+ FrederickAjex on April 10th, 2013 at 7:00 pm said:

Shut up and take all my money!!!!! Already bought the Borderlands Bundle….. And waiting 4 every tuesday

+ jeandeve on April 10th, 2013 at 10:28 pm said:

What they get in Europe:
Okami HD
Virtue’s last reward

What we get:
Labyrinth Legends

…………..meh…………… begining to think ps+ wasn’t worth it.

+ aldhiabi on April 11th, 2013 at 12:41 am said:

I can’t wait to the day my us ps plus subscription ends. I won’t renew it. All the good stuff goes to the EU store. They can get new games like the Mass Effect 3 and BatMan for free and we get Zombies Vs Planet. We know that you can’t wait for the E3 so you give us LB Kating game and 3 other arcade games. We need a real good games.

+ Ujn on April 11th, 2013 at 5:25 am said:

Really wish you’d let PS+ members choose to BUY the games you offer for “FREE”. Or at least let me put my PS+ subscription on “hold” so that I can. I wanted to buy Zombie Tycoon 2, but now I have to wait until my PS+ membership runs out before I can?! I don’t want the “FREE” rentals.

+ Zionine on April 11th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

I actually would enjoy a Resistance Burning Skies sale.. bring it down to like 15$ and I’d take that. :)

+ Zionine on April 11th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

And of course, that’d be part of the PSABR sale… ;) Please?

+ shayhane23 on April 11th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

Nice Promo, but you lie to us with the promo (Get $10 Back For Every $50 You Spend), still waiting for it, for the $10 back, and nothing.

+ tehjacon on April 16th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

i didn’t get the $10 credit from the March promo. i was under the impression that if i used a gift card for a year of PS+ that this would qualify me for the $10 credit back. is there someone i can get in contact with to find out why i haven’t received a code?

+ jv9ufxcy on April 27th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

Maybe the sale will get SSM to make new content for All-Stars,
along with fixing some bugs, but SSM hasn’t been well known for post-game support.
All I can do is hope.