PS4 - Destiny

The PlayStation Recap: What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Apr 14, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Hey guys, I finally finished PixelJunk Eden!

…guys?

Late to the party, I know, but I’m proud of that Trophy.

Speaking of Trophies, have you seen the newly updated Trophy page on PlayStation.com? Pretty slick, if I have anything to say about it. I’ve made certain my Facebook friends know I finished Eden.

I also landed the extra-shiny Platinum in new release Guacamelee! You should play this game. Like, right now.

This week, you got a look at the inner workings of Naughty Dog in their new behind-the-scenes vid for The Last of Us, we showed you some of the ludicrous new minigames coming to Frobisher Says! on Tuesday, Keiji Inafune shared some tidbits about his impending PS Vita epic Soul Sacrifice, PS.Blog Editor’s Choice pick Dishonored got some new single-player content in The Knife of Dunwall, and plenty more.

What are you playing this weekend?

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on April 14th, 2013 at 1:56 pm said:

I have also yet to finish Pixeljunk Eden. I bought it when most of the Pixeljunk games were a dollar last year.

Playing: BS1 for Platinum, MW3.
Watching: True Grit and other for class.
Listening: Sly 4 soundtrack and podcasts.

+ Thiagots85 on April 14th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

I’m playing:

Guacamelee! (seriously… this game is awesome! I’m putting a lot of Screenshots at my facebook page of some easter eggs of the game)
Black ops 2(double-xp weekend)
And trying to get the platinum in tomb raider… only two more trophies to go and then I can get rid of that game…. I can’t look at it anymore…

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on April 14th, 2013 at 7:37 pm said:

Oh man, isn’t one of those Trophies maxing out your level in multiplayer? Mad props if you manage that one.

+ MakoSOLIDER on April 14th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

Hey Justin! Going to do this every recap till you do it. Code Geass & Steins;Gate. Start one already! I’m sure ur busy though.

I’m playing: Nothing. Trying to revive my Vita from a fall in water……
I’m watching: Code Geass (Rewatching with a friend)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on April 14th, 2013 at 7:36 pm said:

Keep bugging me about it! I promise, I’m going to watch Code Geass soon. :) A friend loaned me Metropolis, Redline and Summer Wars too. Have you watched any of those?

+ FJ1100_rider on April 14th, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

I too have yet to finish pixeljunk eden , got it a long time ago for the $1 sale price bt I’m busy enjoying my psvita lately and ignoring ps3 games.
I’m playing hot shots world invitational, p4g , nun attack and trying to platinum pVz vita
watching new seasons of game of thrones and the awesome series the following
reading fall of giants by Ken Follett

+ Alastor424 on April 14th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

You guys are going to add Gauacalmelee’s Juan into PlayStation All-Stars, right? ;)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on April 14th, 2013 at 7:37 pm said:

Oh man, he would be great!

+ remanutd5 on April 14th, 2013 at 2:59 pm said:

Juan needs to be on Playstation All Stars like right now.

+ KosmoCrisis on April 14th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

Love all the Guacamelee reviews, especially that first one!

+ Thiagots85 on April 14th, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

just finished guacamelee… is short, but is awesome

+ NYPUNK88 on April 14th, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

not a fan of guacamelee’s gameplay, I wish I could get my money back. awful game, save your money.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on April 14th, 2013 at 7:38 pm said:

Aw, what don’t you like about it? I couldn’t get enough, personally.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 14th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

I’m playing: Borderlands 2, Street Fighter X Tekken & hanging out on PlaystationHome.
I’m watching: P4 The Animation.
I’m listening to: Moonlight Sonata Remix.
I’m waiting on: Sacred Citadel & Divekick.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on April 14th, 2013 at 7:39 pm said:

Are you running through BL2 on Ultimate Vault Hunter mode? I was holding off on all the DLC until they raised the level cap. Now that they have, I suppose it’s time to head back to Pandora…

+ BlueBl1zzard on April 14th, 2013 at 7:40 pm said:

I’m playing: Demon’s Souls and just got the platinum (finally!), Dead Space 2, Dead or Alive 5+, Skullgirls
I’m watching: Toonami, and random shows on tv
I’m listening to: Playstation Blogcast ep. 69 (He’s only Shuman lol)
I’m waiting for: Soul Sacrifice of course!

+ ChrisHighwind on April 14th, 2013 at 8:04 pm said:

I’m playing: Guacamelee, Valhalla Knights
I’m watching: Old Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes
I’m listening to: Persona 4 Soundtrack, Bentley Jones’ “UPGRADE 1.0″
I’m waiting for: The day I can actually keep up with new releases in terms of purchasing them. I’ve waited 22 years, I can wait another several years.

+ X_O-Big_Boss on April 14th, 2013 at 8:12 pm said:

I’m playing Arkham City,Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe,and the Injustice demo.
and I’m watching a bunch of Injustice trailers.
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE!*faints*

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 14th, 2013 at 8:20 pm said:

@Justin:

Still on my first run, since i just bought BL2 off the amazing sale it got. Though i just checked this ‘Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode’ & it definitely looks like something i’d throw myself into. Loving it!

Were you able to keep playing Bioshock Infinite on 1999 mode still?

+ Zoryu_of_Setsuna on April 14th, 2013 at 9:04 pm said:

I’m playing: Black Ops 2 double exp weekend
I’m watching: Fringe, and will be watching Defiance tomorrow on SyFy.
I’m listening to: Killswitch Engage, new album “Disarm The Descent” (Special Edition).

+ SeanStrange on April 15th, 2013 at 4:18 am said:

I’m playing: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Warriors Orochi 3 and Dead Space 3

I’m watching: Uta no Prince-Sama Maji Love 2000% and My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute Season 2

I’m listening to: Dynasty Warriors 6-7 Soundtrack

I’m waiting for: Dynasty Warriors 8s North American release in July!!

+ Archaga on April 15th, 2013 at 5:42 am said:

Playing: Persona 3 Golden, Guacamelee (kinda stuck on Jaguar), Disgaea 3, and some heavy hunting on MH:FU.
Watching: Random stuff on Netflix.
Listening: Imagine Dragons, heard their songs before but didn’t know who they were.
Waiting for: A Goddamn Monster Hunter for the Vita that’s never going to happen! Oh and Soul Sacrifice. Maybe Muramasa (didn’t finish the Wii version even though it was very fun and addicting, but not sure a side-scrolling game port is worth $40).

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on April 15th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Jaguar’s tough… here’s a trick I picked up while fighting him: You can cancel out of your moves with a roll. So jump > body slam > immediately hit L2 to roll out of the body slam animation and get out of the way. Works with uppercuts and dash punches too.

+ ImmortalSpiral on April 15th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

Playing: Dark Souls, Dynasty warriors 7: empires (when i get off of work thats is.)

Listening: A day to remember

Watching: Oda Nobuna no yabou

+ TwinDad on April 15th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Playing: Guacamelee, FF4 Complete, Luigi’s Mansion2

Watching: Top Gear UK series 18

Listening: CagCast, Blogcast

Waiting for: Summer Weather

+ DocEggman on April 16th, 2013 at 12:38 am said:

Dude, you HAVE to watch Code Geass. I am not big on anime and stuff, but that show is incredible. You will genuinely be glad when you’ve seen the end of the second season, and you will be thinking about it for years to come.