Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Plus: Malicious Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Apr 15, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This week, we hope you’ll join us in welcoming Malicious to the Instant Game Collection! Download it for free starting with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

We’re smack dab in the middle of Spring Fever 2013 — this week, you can look forward to a launch week discount on Dragon Fantasy Book I, along with deals on a sweet lineup of titles from the Grand Theft Auto franchise; perfect to catch up on any missed entries in the series.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April 16th PlayStation Plus Update

Malicious

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Malicious
Take control of the Spirit Vessel and battle waves of brutal fighters and colossal enemies to rid the world of the evil force of Malicious. Gain new weapons, build your powers and perform devastating combo attacks as the final showdown between good and evil draws near. With a beautiful art style, Malicious is a treat to look at and will be coming to PS Plus later this month.

SPRING FEVER – Dragon Fantasy Book I (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Dragon Fantasy
Experience an all-new old adventure! Fight your way through hordes of monsters, explore the caves, castles, and dungeons of an ancient evil, and meet warriors, princes, pirates, zombies, and crazy old woodsmen in a huge world epic retro RPG adventure. Authentic 8-bit artwork and an original soundtrack by renowned 8-bit musician Crashfaster keeps the game true to its retro roots. Get this new release at a launch week 20% discount, only for PS Plus members.
SPRING FEVER – Grand Theft Auto Franchise Sale (PS3, PSP with PS Vita Support)

Up to 50% Discounts for PS Plus Members

Grand Theft Auto Sale
Excited for Grand Theft Auto V? Who isn’t! If you happened to miss any of the excellent entries in the series, this might be a great time to catch up before jumping back in the worlds that only Rockstar Games can create.
Game Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2 Classic) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV Digital (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV: THE ULTIMATE EDITION (PS3) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV – Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV – Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned (PS3) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 Classic) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 Classic) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/23)

Instant Game Collection

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (PSP; PS Vita Supported)

Discounts

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Zombie Driver HD
Zombie Driver HD + Soundtrack
Zombie Driver HD Soundtrack
Zombie Driver HD Apocalypse Pack

All these deals will go live when PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

What are you most excited for this week? What do you think could be better? Leave your comments below, or, if you want to get more involved, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news, find other topics to contribute to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 4-16-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 8

+ Xer0Signal on April 15th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

Nice! Looking forward to checking out Malicious.

Quick question, though. May be obvious, since it isn’t listed under “Last Chance” but, are the Borderlands sales continuing? I still need to pick up the DLC, but, don’t have the extra $$$ for a couple more days.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 15th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

Glad you’re excited for Malicious!

On the Borderlands sale, yeah those will be ending this week, as in tomorrow, Tuesday, 4/16 when the PS Store updates, so grab them while you can

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 15th, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

To All: Due to the maintenance today, many of you can’t log in to leave a comment. Bookmark this page though and don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback when the maintenance period is over.

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on April 15th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

Awesome, will definitely be trying out Malicious.

+ IAmLeb- on April 15th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Malicious actually looks interesting. When can we get a full fledged GTA title for the vita?

+ ossiecastro5 on April 15th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

I’m still stuck on Demon’s Souls. I may be late on these. : /

Question: It was mentioned that the last week in the Spring Fever Sales was a PSASBR Heritage sale features games from the heroes in the game. Will that include HD collections from them too?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 15th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

We’ll have more news on those discounts when that week rolls around, so stay tuned to the PS Blog for details when they’re set to announce.

+ dodgedoors on April 15th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Great deals on GTA for people who like the series.

I’m dying to see what The 30th All Stars sales brings us. As someone who has only played Golden Abyss in the Uncharted series I am hoping for some deep discounts on a 3 pack, also hoping for some MGS sales (revengance). I own all RE games save for Code Veronica so really between the sales for PSABR and Zombie Tycoon, the 30th can’t come soon enough.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on April 15th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Thanks for the update. Thanks for the GTA discounts, but since I have them all on disc already, I won’t be getting the digital versions unless they’re free.

Here are some games I’d love to see in the IGC:

God of War (any/all games in the series; digital versions of GOW3 & Ascension)
Grand Theft Auto (any/all games in the series)
Metal Gear Solid (any/all games in the series; digital version of MGS4)
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row 3
Uncharted (any/all games in the series)

+ akisuo on April 15th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Actually like the discounts for the GTA IV Ultimate Edition. Used to have it till I gave the regular game to my son, then he sold it. =) Now I can download it and I’m sure he’ll play it again. He loves it.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 15th, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

Yeah, it’s also a great time to revisit it with GTA V on the horizon.

+ Mando44646 on April 15th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

…still waiting for new Vtia games on PS+. Not PSN games, not PSP games, but PS VITA games

+ four24twenty on April 15th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

Too busy with Guacamelle!

Finished the “Tree Tops” area and was quite proud of myself…currently on the disappearing platforms part. Old-schoolers will have their skills put to the test.

Dragon Fantasy Book 1 is awfully tempting though….

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 15th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

oh man, yeah Guacamelee definitely tests the best gamer reflexes at some parts but they struck a great balance with it being challenging, but not frustrating.

+ IIL0YDII on April 15th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Where is ninja gaiden sigma 2 plus?why it was removed from store?

+ firebert42 on April 15th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

GTA IV for $10?! That’s what I’m talkin’ about!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 15th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

get it!

+ IIL0YDII on April 15th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

Btw horrible update as usual.

+ TwinDad on April 15th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

Unless there is an unannounced sale for Spring Fever, nothing but Dragon book for me this week. I don’t like GTA, I would like to have seen you put random stuff on sale rather than a whole franchise.

+ four24twenty on April 15th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

Got it! 5/6 orbs.

+ BlueBl1zzard on April 15th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

I’ll check out malicious for sure. Hoping to see more vita sales too, especially for DJ Max Technicka Tune. Please!

+ shb23 on April 15th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

Malicious looks like Ragnarok Oddessy on the Vita, which is good and bad.
Nothing for me this week, but thanks anyways.

+ xFuzylilManPeach on April 15th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Great update, im diggin’ the various GTA discounts!!! :D ill probably get Vice City Stories for my Vita once im home.

Keep um coming Sony!

P.S.–Commenting via my Vita ;)

+ duke301 on April 15th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

I’ve been wanting to try out Malicious. Of course, now is the perfect opportunity. Also, I’m definitely jumping on Dragon Fantasy. However, I don’t think I’m going to pick up anything on the Grand Theft Auto sale, although I believe it is a great sale. I already have GTA III, IV Complete, and San Andreas (I’m also inevitably going to pick up V when it comes out). Those will keep me busy for a long time to come. I’m sure there will be plenty more in the Spring Fever Sale to spend my money on come next week and the week after.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 15th, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

Always good to budget your purchases =) Dragon Fantasy looks like a lot of fun and definitely something new. Nothing wrong with passing on the GTA stuff, and you can definitely look forward to more discounts as Spring Fever rolls along. There’s still Thomas Was Alone, and then Zombie Tycoon II (and Zombie Tycoon II will be coming free for Plus members on Day 1, so even better!)

+ four24twenty on April 15th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

El Savior!

+ AizawaYuuichi on April 15th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Only the Dragon Fantasy discount for me this week. Already have Malicious (and didn’t much care for it)(it’s basically Demon’s Souls, except only boss fights), and absolutely no interest in RockStar games. But hey, Dragon Fantasy!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 15th, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

Dragon Fantasy!

+ BANDICOOTKING on April 15th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

I’m rather disappointed, not because I own Malicious already, but because Malicious is an extremely weak title. Not only is it not fun to play, but the gameplay gets stale about ten minutes in. It looks nice though.

+ CrazyGuy62 on April 15th, 2013 at 1:30 pm said:

does anyone get the feeling don’t buy dragon fantasy yet, we’ll have on the IGC next month or is it just me?

+ dodgedoors on April 15th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

@22 I have the same feeling for Thomas was alone

+ dodgedoors on April 15th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

OT

Oh my god I’m glad I left boston right after the sox game was over. So damn scary.

+ TobiramaUchiha on April 15th, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

Hello Morgan Haro will shin megami tensei devil saga come to the US psn store?

+ ShariusTC on April 15th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

i wonder Dragon Fantasy have cross buy feature, then does it have double trophy list or just share 1 trophy list?

+ TriangleOffense on April 15th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

I don’t own the content, but nothing for me this week.

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 15th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Could we get some racing games in the IGC? Hard to complain about free games though, I think most people are forgetting they’re FREE!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 15th, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

@ShariusTC :

Cross-buy – Yes.

Shared trophy list – Yes.

+ dopeboy081991 on April 15th, 2013 at 2:52 pm said:

i was abl to log in on the website so any idea when the store will be up and running

@28 that is true it would be nice to see a good racing game not saying wipe out or wat ever its called is bad its jusf not my style of racing and im not complaining bc the games are free and i do truly appreciate that

+ BANDICOOTKING on April 15th, 2013 at 2:58 pm said:

@28.
Did you forget you are paying for this service?

+ rwlove on April 15th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

there needs to be a port for outland on ps vita

+ WoundedUnderwear on April 15th, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

Malicious & Dragon Fantasy Book I for me this week. Hate Rockstar games so this sale is useless to me. But at least I got Borderlands 2 for free, do to the $10 back for every $50 dollars spend promo.

+ SHAVEZ on April 15th, 2013 at 3:33 pm said:

4/15/13 and still no $10 credit from buying PS+ for 49.99 last month :( I hope it’s there once the maintenance is done. But they said around 4/12/13. It’s getting to the point of “not” around 4/12/13. Just sayin’…..

+ SHAVEZ on April 15th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

Btw, Malicious looks cool. Will give it a try perhaps.

+ SpaceOddity87 on April 15th, 2013 at 3:40 pm said:

Nice on the GTA sale. I already have all of these in one form or other, but I’m buying EfLC again, because the PC port runs so slow for me, and my system runs most games fine. May pick up Dragon Fantasy, too, depending on what else is on sale this week.

@31, if you notice, #28 isn’t a + account, so I don’t know why they’re even here. Troll, perhaps?

+ RigbyCL on April 15th, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

As usual, no love for the VITA, no discounts, no games whatsoever.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 16th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Dragon Fantasy launch week discount, along with a handful of the GTA games on sale, are playable on PS Vita

+ lisatsunami on April 15th, 2013 at 3:46 pm said:

@24, dodgedoors, wow, close shave. I’m watching some of the news coverage. One sad, senseless, wasteful tragedy after another.

+ diskdocx on April 15th, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

@35 My $20 discount arrived over the past weekend (Sat to be precise). Hope they didn’t screw you over a penny ;)

Still need to pick up Zombie HD from last week. Otherwise nothing for me this week.

Loving Guacamelee, finished my normal play through. Just a hard speed run left to go for the platinum.

Without doubt a great game, but as an old school gamer who cut his teeth on the classic platformers of the past, there are some positively evil sections. Those disappearing platforms almost killed me (and caused an untimely demise for a Vita….). Perhaps time has dulled my skills.

+ xFuzylilManPeach on April 15th, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

@37, did you not see that Dragon Fantasy is for Vita as well as PS3…

As well as discounts for GTA Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories for your Vita.

+ invalidts2 on April 15th, 2013 at 3:48 pm said:

what is with these dorky nerdy free games coming out on ps plus?….

+ SpaceOddity87 on April 15th, 2013 at 3:48 pm said:

@37. Dragon Fantasy and several GTA games have Vita support.

+ Big_John51 on April 15th, 2013 at 3:51 pm said:

Nice deals even though I got GTA , GTA 2, GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA IV, and GTA IV: Episodes from LIbert City on Steam for $12. Probably will pick up LCS or VCS for my Vita though.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 15th, 2013 at 3:51 pm said:

@38: Hi Lisa :)

@37:

Guacamelee last week? With a discount.

+ SHINOBI_3 on April 15th, 2013 at 3:52 pm said:

man, all these free ps+ games are either games i already bought a long time ago, or games i just dont want…same with discounts. Will Siren Blood Curse ever get a discount? Europe has the game cheap, while its stil $45 for all episodes AND its the censored version.

+ Sluvsj320 on April 15th, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

Suggestion: Please put Monster Hunter Portable 3rd in the store.

+ BlueBl1zzard on April 15th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

@ dodgedoors oh wow, consider yourself lucky…….it’s a shame what the world is coming to these days : \

+ RulitoCR on April 15th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

Well let´s try Malicious!!

+ lisatsunami on April 15th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

@44, Hi, Zage. I’m feeling depressed watching the news so I’m going to stop. Go kill beasties in Skyrim, that always makes me feel better.

I look forward to all the needed laughs I always get Tuesdays, reading all the gamer fights in every post.

+ ZaRnYtH on April 15th, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

Although there is nothing interesting on sale this week malicious looks.good
But on a side note @morgan tomorrow is my birthday does the playstaion network
Give anything to people for there birthdays?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 16th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

You get a nice big Happy Birthday from me; but no there aren’t any formal PSN gifts around your birthday =)

PAGE 1 2 3 8