PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus: Malicious Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Apr 15, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This week, we hope you’ll join us in welcoming Malicious to the Instant Game Collection! Download it for free starting with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

We’re smack dab in the middle of Spring Fever 2013 — this week, you can look forward to a launch week discount on Dragon Fantasy Book I, along with deals on a sweet lineup of titles from the Grand Theft Auto franchise; perfect to catch up on any missed entries in the series.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April 16th PlayStation Plus Update

Malicious

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Malicious
Take control of the Spirit Vessel and battle waves of brutal fighters and colossal enemies to rid the world of the evil force of Malicious. Gain new weapons, build your powers and perform devastating combo attacks as the final showdown between good and evil draws near. With a beautiful art style, Malicious is a treat to look at and will be coming to PS Plus later this month.

SPRING FEVER – Dragon Fantasy Book I (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Dragon Fantasy
Experience an all-new old adventure! Fight your way through hordes of monsters, explore the caves, castles, and dungeons of an ancient evil, and meet warriors, princes, pirates, zombies, and crazy old woodsmen in a huge world epic retro RPG adventure. Authentic 8-bit artwork and an original soundtrack by renowned 8-bit musician Crashfaster keeps the game true to its retro roots. Get this new release at a launch week 20% discount, only for PS Plus members.
SPRING FEVER – Grand Theft Auto Franchise Sale (PS3, PSP with PS Vita Support)

Up to 50% Discounts for PS Plus Members

Grand Theft Auto Sale
Excited for Grand Theft Auto V? Who isn’t! If you happened to miss any of the excellent entries in the series, this might be a great time to catch up before jumping back in the worlds that only Rockstar Games can create.
Game Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2 Classic) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV Digital (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV: THE ULTIMATE EDITION (PS3) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV – Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV – Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned (PS3) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 Classic) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 Classic) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/23)

Instant Game Collection

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (PSP; PS Vita Supported)

Discounts

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Zombie Driver HD
Zombie Driver HD + Soundtrack
Zombie Driver HD Soundtrack
Zombie Driver HD Apocalypse Pack

All these deals will go live when PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

What are you most excited for this week? What do you think could be better? Leave your comments below, or, if you want to get more involved, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news, find other topics to contribute to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 4-16-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

+ TwinDad on April 16th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

I received and email saying thank you and here is your code for your $30 rebate. I do not believe it was added to the wallet.

Fake edit: Just checked the web store and yes it was not added I need to redeem the code for my rebate.

+ TwinDad on April 16th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

@Teflon02,

Are you charged sales tax on your PSN purchases? If you are then you didn’t spend $150 on items in the store, you spent less and paid your state sales tax. Nobody counts sales tax to the amount spent in store for a promotion.

+ TomatoDragon on April 16th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

I’ve had Malicious for a while now. Only been able to beat two bosses. Game is definitely difficult. Gotta get back on it

+ staticoverdub on April 16th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

I was originally looking forward to Malicious because of its apparent similarity to Nier, which is one of my favorite games. Was a little disappointed to here how underwhelming it really is…

+ Mr_Savage11 on April 16th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Horrible update as usual. You seriously need to step it up.

+ CaptainRadical on April 16th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

I doubt I will get an answer to this question, because you know that would imply that someone on this blog actually has to work… But here goes. While on the web version of the PSN I was thinking of possibly picking up a game or 2. Then I noticed an add for the PS+ Instant Game Collection. There’s a string of games one after another: Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Limbo, Little Big Planet 2, Infamous 2, Vanquish, and then Batman Arkham City. Now, I’m no detective but I can safely say Batman is NOT part of the North American PS+ Instant Game collection. Is this a case of you guys being that incompetent and just straight up false advertising? Or is someone just bad at their job and jumping the gun?

+ Teflon02 on April 16th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

@BANDICOOTKING
Don’t tell he how things work, I’m not dumb. First did I say it was all at once? No and matter a fact, Yes I am correct I just went into my transaction history. I put $50, the following week, then after that $50 I put another cause I wanted P4A and Fat Princess, then I put a next 50 cause I wanted a few episodes of Fairy Tail and some games, and if I put 50 3 different times, and had a previous balance of 40+cents and at the end have 13, how in the world is that NOT spending $150+. It doesn’t take a genius to figure that out.

+ Teflon02 on April 16th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

@TwinDad
Nope, lol. Toronto Canada doesn’t get taxed on PSN, funny thing is I went out of my way to make sure it was over 150 cause, they stated if your a penny off they’ll still give you, but they didn’t state that the penny from every purchase would be forgiven, so I made sure just to be safe. And STILL didn’t get what I’m suppose to smh,

+ Xenobits on April 16th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Do all of those GTA games work on PS Vita? “with PS Vita Support” is confusing. I am generally confused as to what works on Vita and what doesn’t work….

+ DesertPunkDwarf on April 16th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

How about GTA made for Vita.Waiting for more PS+ Vita games.
Sent with my Vita.

+ Satnamji on April 16th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

GTA isn’t really my cup of tea, but you totally got me on the Borderlands sale. $20.99 for both games was sick, though I had just bought all the Borderlands 1 DLC the week before to get me up to another $10 credit. lol

Looking forward to Zombie Tycoon II.

+ labam88 on April 16th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

I’m looking forward to trying out Dragon Fantasy Book I.

Morgan, I have a couple of suggestions. First, when there are promotions or messages that are sent through the PS3 XMB, those messages should also be sent to the Vita somehow. I didn’t have access to my PS3 for several days when the $10 for $50 promo code was sent out but I did have my vita with me. This would be invaluable to the people who only have a Vita.

Secondly, I know it’s not up to you but it would be great if the Playstation store was updated at the same time every Tuesday. It would be great to not have to check several times every Tuesday to check if the update has been posted yet.

As always, great job on the blog Morgan and I look forward to great things in the future for Plus and Playstation.

+ Airwalkinman17 on April 16th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

I love PS PLUS!!!
Its like Christmas every tuesday!

:D

This years Spring Fever is off to a rockin’ start btw.
Guacamelee is AWESOME!!! Going for Platinum.
Can’t wait for Dragon Fantasy, Thomas was Alone, and Zombie Tycoon.
Too much Goodness!

+ Para-182 on April 16th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

Glad to have joined plus… will pick up gta 4 :)

+ computing9 on April 16th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

@Morgan Haro, do you know what time today it will be available? I’ve been checking the store and don’t see anything there so far. Does anyone else see this game available for free yet?

+ zingakun on April 16th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

Morgan, can we expect a discount on Ni No Kuni and other titles from Namco Bandai during this Spring Fever sales?? Do you know where can I officially reach Namco Bandai to make this type of request?

Tks!

+ DarKLeGenD21 on April 16th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

Great release this week. I love the games that have been coming out!, Maybe do you guys think you would ever give playstation plus subscribers terraria? Malicious looks amazing @morgan haro

+ Michzadood on April 16th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

man i was hoping for some PS Vita games in this update, well next week it is, i just hoping to see something that worth for PS Vita next month.

+ razsam on April 16th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

For my this a portable game I mean A Vita game a game that I loved to play when I am not in my home, not a PS3 game!!!!

+ D_Zcorpion on April 16th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

Any hope of us getting Okami HD on the Plus discounts? Getting it for free as our European comrades would be awesome, but I’d even settle for a good discount.

+ Aeryn_James on April 16th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

There may be some confusion due to the blog format.*

April 16th PlayStation Plus Update*
Malicious

PSN Price: $9.99, Free* for PS Plus members
Malicious
Take control of the Spirit Vessel and battle waves of brutal fighters and colossal enemies to rid the world of the evil force of Malicious. Gain new weapons, build your powers and perform devastating combo attacks as the final showdown between good and evil draws near. With a beautiful art style, Malicious is a treat to look at and will be *coming to PS Plus later this month.

+ Wdog-999 on April 16th, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

Well, looks like those years of waiting for GTA IV’s Ultimate Edition to plummet in price have paid off. I’ll be getting Dragon Fantasy and Malicious as well.

+ klassymike on April 16th, 2013 at 2:29 pm said:

It looks like another later than usual store update…Are XBL and Nintendo that much more advanced than you are Sony?!?! Every Tuesday it’s a guessing game as to when the store will update. You really need to work on that and at least TRY to get it done around the same time EVERY week, instead of haphazardly doing it. I’m sure others agree, that this gets very annoying!!

+ Gamescook on April 16th, 2013 at 2:52 pm said:

Had to double-check and make sure Malicious was coming out today instead of later in April due to a misleading typo in this blog entry: “Malicious is a treat to look at and will be coming to PS Plus later this month.” Found it in the game’s description, right under the “April 16th PlayStation Plus Update” title.

Please fix for future visitors to the blog? Thanks again for the great deals!

+ HuynhR on April 16th, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

I wonder what time do this ps+ update go on effect in the psn store? I know obviously on tuesday but I notice the updates doesn’t go into effect into late afternoon.

+ Slackerdude33 on April 16th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

Five pm (Central Time) on 4/16/2013 and my PSN store still has not updated, altho I’m tempted to go ahead and bite on some of last weeks deals.

+ legendkiller08 on April 16th, 2013 at 3:18 pm said:

I bought Malicious last year on PSN when it first came out. Good game, just watch out for the lock on and camera (really was a pain). But being that’s free, I would say people should check it out.

P.S. Heard some rumors of a Vita version last year, I’m guessing it was just “talk?”

+ usumaki-12-3 on April 16th, 2013 at 3:59 pm said:

What about malicious rebirth for de vita?

+ ugonefealme on April 16th, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

Went to work at 8:30am come home at 7:00 tired ready to open gifts and there are none what gives.

+ TheInfamousE on April 16th, 2013 at 4:27 pm said:

The GTA sale is great and everything, but they need to announce a true GTA for Vita! We all know its coming, they just need to give up the goods because I can’t wait!

+ rainfault on April 16th, 2013 at 4:37 pm said:

When is the update going… up?

+ JoeyGerms on April 16th, 2013 at 4:59 pm said:

Been waiting patiently all day for the update. You guys really need to get that together and have a set time. It would be most appreciated by all of us. Just want San Andreas and GTA4. Probably will get Malicious. Not sure yet though.

+ klassymike on April 16th, 2013 at 5:30 pm said:

I think they’re having some major issues. I keep getting an error when trying to access the store. It won’t even let me sign out…..Always something with this new store. they need to trash it, and go back to the way it was…..Motto: Don’t fix it, if it isn’t broke!

+ klassymike on April 16th, 2013 at 5:38 pm said:

I give up! I’ll just save my money, since they can’t fix the damn store!

+ dinkin-flicka on April 16th, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

“Download it for free starting with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.”

I guess they moved it to Wednesday’s now?

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on April 16th, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

cmon sony its already 6pm pst and still no update

+ Last_Windbender on April 16th, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

There’s a typo in your article: its not the April 16th Playstation Update, it’s more like the April 17th Playstation Update because I won’t get to play Injustice until April 17th! Is there honestly no way to update the PSN earlier in the day?

+ ScroteLuvr on April 16th, 2013 at 5:59 pm said:

Store still hasn’t updated at 6pm PST? Really? I feel bad for those on the east coast that were hoping to get anything today…

+ rainfault on April 16th, 2013 at 6:01 pm said:

Wish Sony would at least respond.

+ Brock51174 on April 16th, 2013 at 6:06 pm said:

Any day now it seems like i have waited forever

+ Last_Windbender on April 16th, 2013 at 6:15 pm said:

I owned a 360 earlier this gen but got a PS3 after too many 360 breakdowns. I have been in love with Sony ever since the switch, the ONLY negative experience I’ve had is waiting for PSN updates that seem to always happen at the very last possible moment of the day lol. It’s not an April 16th update if it updates at 10pm EST and no one gets to play anything new on April 16th. Please address this problem so that I can finally become a true Sony fanboy, Cheers!

+ Thiagots85 on April 16th, 2013 at 6:22 pm said:

still waiting for store to update…

C’mon guys…. I wanna new games =D

+ BANDICOOTKING on April 16th, 2013 at 6:28 pm said:

And at 8:30, I’m still sitting here playing arkham city and waiting. But hey, replaying arkham city totally worth the wait. I

+ Crunch1500 on April 16th, 2013 at 6:30 pm said:

Cool… now can we have Borderlands 1 on the instant game collection… please

+ PrimeroIncognito on April 16th, 2013 at 6:36 pm said:

@ four24twenty

I don’t know if you’ll see this message now, but I understand.

Yes, the disappearing platform level was actually easy for me. I breezed right through it, but I think that’s from all the time I spent playing Mega Man and other classic platformers that also featured disappearing and re-appearing platforms. So, my skills were already fine-tuned ahead of time. It’s all about rhythm.

However, yes, the Tree Tops area did prove to be a little challenging, but not all the way through. It was easy until that little strip in the middle with the spikes on either side that you have to keep switching dimensions and landing on the opposite side so perfectly. That took about 10-15 tries before I got it right, and after that, the part with the red gears killed me a couple times until I just decided to be patient… I sat there and just looked at it for a little bit… and just by studying it for a minute, I realized how to do it properly, and then got through easily. Looking back now, I realize how easy it actually was. It only required a little patience and focus, which isn’t that hard to do.

+ BANDICOOTKING on April 16th, 2013 at 6:48 pm said:

@crunch, we already did. Sorry, you missed it.

Server is undergoing maintenance.

+ Edzo04ps on April 16th, 2013 at 6:53 pm said:

so it looks like liberty city stories and vice city stories were both pulled from the store. at least on my vita they are no longer listed.

+ etcee1 on April 16th, 2013 at 7:06 pm said:

Store is back up yet again. And yet it’s still Borderlands sale. No gta mention or discounts are live as of 10pm est/ 7pm pst

+ Einhand on April 16th, 2013 at 7:16 pm said:

How come we haven’t seen any PS1 games lately?

I really want to play Einhander!

+ rainfault on April 16th, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

I have been waiting for Soul Sacrifice all day. Sigh.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8