PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus: Malicious Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Apr 15, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This week, we hope you’ll join us in welcoming Malicious to the Instant Game Collection! Download it for free starting with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

We’re smack dab in the middle of Spring Fever 2013 — this week, you can look forward to a launch week discount on Dragon Fantasy Book I, along with deals on a sweet lineup of titles from the Grand Theft Auto franchise; perfect to catch up on any missed entries in the series.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April 16th PlayStation Plus Update

Malicious

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Malicious
Take control of the Spirit Vessel and battle waves of brutal fighters and colossal enemies to rid the world of the evil force of Malicious. Gain new weapons, build your powers and perform devastating combo attacks as the final showdown between good and evil draws near. With a beautiful art style, Malicious is a treat to look at and will be coming to PS Plus later this month.

SPRING FEVER – Dragon Fantasy Book I (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Dragon Fantasy
Experience an all-new old adventure! Fight your way through hordes of monsters, explore the caves, castles, and dungeons of an ancient evil, and meet warriors, princes, pirates, zombies, and crazy old woodsmen in a huge world epic retro RPG adventure. Authentic 8-bit artwork and an original soundtrack by renowned 8-bit musician Crashfaster keeps the game true to its retro roots. Get this new release at a launch week 20% discount, only for PS Plus members.
SPRING FEVER – Grand Theft Auto Franchise Sale (PS3, PSP with PS Vita Support)

Up to 50% Discounts for PS Plus Members

Grand Theft Auto Sale
Excited for Grand Theft Auto V? Who isn’t! If you happened to miss any of the excellent entries in the series, this might be a great time to catch up before jumping back in the worlds that only Rockstar Games can create.
Game Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2 Classic) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV Digital (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV: THE ULTIMATE EDITION (PS3) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV – Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV – Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned (PS3) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 Classic) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 Classic) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/23)

Instant Game Collection

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (PSP; PS Vita Supported)

Discounts

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Zombie Driver HD
Zombie Driver HD + Soundtrack
Zombie Driver HD Soundtrack
Zombie Driver HD Apocalypse Pack

All these deals will go live when PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

What are you most excited for this week? What do you think could be better? Leave your comments below, or, if you want to get more involved, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news, find other topics to contribute to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 4-16-2013

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8

+ ToFeY on April 17th, 2013 at 2:07 am said:

1 good thing came out with the store delay :D i’ve managed to buy borderlands bundle :) lucky me

+ michaelhite on April 17th, 2013 at 2:29 am said:

Borderlands is great…I took advantage of the bundle deal as well.

+ derb on April 17th, 2013 at 4:30 am said:

The store probably didn’t update because of the Maintenance Day which occurred not long ago.

I checked at 4am Pacific Time today & it’s still hasn’t updated.

Am in no rush as I’m having a blast with Bioshock second go round. Haven’t enjoyed a game quite like this since Fallout New Vegas.

+ that-acmilan-guy on April 17th, 2013 at 5:00 am said:

To morgran or anyone else at the blog: I thought PSN plus supposed to get you 2 retail PS3 games a month, why did we get just 1 retail game this month in the form of Demon’s Souls? Europe gets 2 PS3 retail games a month.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on April 17th, 2013 at 5:40 am said:

Yeah, would love to see any GTA even 1&2 up for free to keep me healthy waiting on GTAV….September seems… A long time away from now.

As for this update, last game I played like this was pokemon… not at all my style… Once you got 3D games – you never go back…. Not many 2D has really done anything for me…. This -doubt it will too.

I’ll be patient til May….

Til we meet again.

+ thespygentle on April 17th, 2013 at 5:41 am said:

Is Catherine comming to our Plus anytime soon? :(

+ DonkeyKongKilla on April 17th, 2013 at 5:42 am said:

@that-acmilan-guy – I don’t remember that being mentioned at all, they try to push out at least a game a week, last week for vita, and one full game a month to the best of my knowledge.

+ x_JoSplash_x on April 17th, 2013 at 6:31 am said:

So I get to have malicious a game that was rated 5.5 by IGN while the European ps + gets hit man absolution for free?! How is that even remotely a good idea? This is really dumb

+ BANDICOOTKING on April 17th, 2013 at 6:39 am said:

I agree JoSplash. We all do. It is what it is.

+ BANDICOOTKING on April 17th, 2013 at 6:40 am said:

Scratch that, that is for next month. We may get it too!

+ thespygentle on April 17th, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

@x_JoSplash_x
Totally agree with you, sir.
BUT, they’ll get their games on 1/05. We are getting Malicious already, so, we don’t know what more can come this month.
Let’s just wait and hope it’s good.

Anyways, UK PSN always did relase better/bigger games.

+ torch73 on April 17th, 2013 at 6:54 am said:

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault PS VITA????????? WHERE IS IT WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASE YOU GIVING 3 DATES AND THE LAST ONE WAS APRIL 13 NOW WHAT THE HELL !

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 17th, 2013 at 7:01 am said:

@thespygentle:

The only games left for this month are:

-Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny (PSP, PS Vita supported)
-Zombie Tycoon 2 (PS3 & PS Vita)

+ thespygentle on April 17th, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

@ ZaGe-zAiKaNo
With “this month” I mean May.

+ death_by_wabbit on April 17th, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

Cool, at least I haven’t played Malicious already. One problem though, it’s the 17th and I’m still not seeing this weeks plus update posted to the store. Anyone else having this problem?

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 17th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

@death_by_wabbit :

PSN went under maintenance since yesterday, or even monday as i was seeing friends going offline constantly. Should be a notification on the Soul Sacrifice post.

+ jonjon0890 on April 17th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

Here is EU PS Plus May Update
May 1st: Hitman: Absolution
May 1st: Catherine
May 1st: Malicious
May 8th: Sine Mora
May 15th: Velocity Ultra HD

Leaving PS Plus in May:
1st May: Okami HD
1st May: F1 Race Stars
1st May: Quantum Conundrum
8th May: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
22nd May: Thomas Was Alone

FYI u can buy stuff @ EU PSN Store via Paypal assuming u have created an EU PSN Account

+ tone7888 on April 17th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Was anyone else able to see the updates? Malicious is still showing 9.99 and all GTA is still regular price.

+ dstith76 on April 17th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

when will we get an update to what is coming out in may the EU has some hella good games coming next mouth thinking about getting a EU ACC just to down load the games

+ klassymike on April 17th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

We won’t get our update here in the U.S. until the first week of May. Or that/s the way it’s been thus far. The EU always gets great titles for the most part. I just hope they come our way soon, but I don’t think we will get the same games as they get. The only ones I can think of, are Vanquish and Quantum Conundrum. There may have been others, but I don’t recall them.

+ dodgedoors on April 17th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

That will be the first month i am jealous of EU. Wold love hitman. Catherine I have been close to buying on several occasions, but I swore off buying any games until I am done with my gigantic backlog. (at least 20 games that I really want to play). These last 10 days or so I finished off Bioshock Infinite, GOW:A, Sly 4, Dead nation, and Dead space 3, So I am shrinking my backlog.

+ dodgedoors on April 17th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Any news on what really happened with the store? One whole day late is a real embarrassment. The new store has been nothing but problems since it launched.

+ lil_hand on April 17th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

Any chance of Mr. Morgan Haro taking a look at his blog post and maybe updating us and what’s going on with this update? Obviously life will go on without the update, but a common courtesy would be to make your customers aware of the situation. It’s completely acceptable for there to have been an issue in getting the update out, however ignoring the situation as if nothing were wrong makes it seem as if you don’t care. Again I’m well aware that in the grand scheme of things this is an insignificant issue, but I just wish Sony would at least communicate with us. I mean what’s the point of this blog if the authors only read the first page of comments?

+ rine63 on April 17th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

got my wallet out and everything… what gives sony?
some of you guys are getting off topic. :/

+ streetboys23 on April 17th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

was there a playstation store update yesterday because there wasn’t for my ps vita

+ JoeyGerms on April 17th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

The Playstation twitter posted this about 5 mins ago:

“UPDATE: The PSN team is working hard on the PS Store publish, happening later today. We’ll update here when live. Thanks for your patience.”

Also Morgan has tweeted 30 mins ago “working with the teams to get a new ETA to everyone as quickly as possible.”

So looks like another full day of waiting guys……yippee.

+ heedthevil on April 17th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

“Later today”

So in Sony Time that’s about 12 hours from now.

+ Brynngar on April 17th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

It will be done when it is done and not a moment sooner. So go find something to do rather than sitting here on the blog complaining.

+ klassymike on April 17th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Let’s hope this long delay will take care of the store’s problems, cause as we all know, there are some major problems with the store! Problems that should have been fixed before they even rolled out the new layout. So for now, we just wait…

+ rine63 on April 17th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

add okami hd to the free games. All will be forgiven :D

+ m4dDmUdD on April 17th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

another disappointment from US PS+

+ carlpain on April 17th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

For once, I’m happy that they didn’t update the store yesterday. After seeing the deals from this week, I chose to buy the Borderlands DLCs.

+ heedthevil on April 17th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

@278 – You talking to me? And what do you think you’re doing? I’ll answer: Being a hypocrite.

I’m surprised more people haven’t posted since Sony isn’t communicating beyond Twitter.

@280 – Yes!

+ Brynngar on April 17th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Actually I am only drifting in and out of the blog, to see if there have been any updates. I am actually playing Boarderlands 2 right now.

+ BANDICOOTKING on April 17th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

I was going to buy the borderlands combo, but I has bank issues due to thieves doing what thieves do best. I’m letting fate choose whether or not I buy it. If my bank gets things resolved first, I’ll consider this wait a good thing. If the store updates first, I’ll consider it as a sign I shouldn’t blow so much money.

+ UnKnouun_Creture on April 17th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

not sure if it’s maintenance issues or something i can’t comprehend but i was really excited to play malicious, looks like tons of fun and it probably is. was told you guys were going to put it on the playstation store (and free for psplus users) yesterday and it never happened. checked the ps store today and it was there but this time i was prompted to pay $10 even though i am a playstation plus subscriber. what’s up with that?

+ rine63 on April 17th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

wondering why gta 1 and 2 aren’t on psn at all. both were on psx. good way to add free to play game or a low priced bundle.

+ BANDICOOTKING on April 17th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

@unKnouun

The store has not yet updated.

Brace yourself, I hate to day it, but even as indies go, Malicious is bad.

+ klassymike on April 17th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

@UnKnouun_Creture

Due to maintenance issues, the store which usually updates on Tuesday’s hasn’t updated yet. If you wait on it to be fixed, you can download Malicious for free. There are also discounts for Grand Theft Auto titles as well.

+ ajmason312 on April 17th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Does anybody know if us ps2 titles would work on a UK PS3.I’ve googled it but some say yes others say no lol so its confusing.thanks for anybody that can help.

+ heedthevil on April 17th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

@284 – Well that was… a reasonable response Lol

Ditto, except I’m taking breaks from TF2. Never knew I could get get motion sick from a game until I played that one. Too bad it’s fun.

@288 – Malicious is worth the free download or you don’t think so?

+ klassymike on April 17th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

@ajmason312

That depends on a few things. Not all PS3′s are reverse compatible, so first of all you need to find out if yours is. I know some of the earlier models are, but the PS3 slim and newer models aren’t. Then you need to find out if the PS2 titles are region locked or if they are region free. Hope this helps.

+ DelMurice on April 17th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

LOL I’m starting to think Sony is ran out of a garage. :P

For a company that likes to think it sets the standards for the industry, it should be able to at least deliver on the dates they advertise.

+ ch8882002usnavy on April 17th, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

This thread was set up for this issue. They updated it this morning saying that maintenance is finally done and that they hope to get the update out today. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/4-16-PlayStation-Store-Delays/m-p/40161793/thread-id/32630

+ BANDICOOTKING on April 17th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

291. It looks nice enough, but the gameplay is comparable to a drunk turtle.

+ rine63 on April 17th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

@293 nah man sony still have the vast ps2 library and psone classics to peddle to us. which im okay with.

srs ppl stop hating on playstation plus. We’re not entitled to free AAA titles. I mean whats the alternative? xbox live? where you dont get free titles and have to pay the same price regardless of membership status? Have to use stupid Microsoft points? rage! I never heard such whining about something that they give away for “free”. Whole point of this is to make people try the games otherwise not even bother and if they like it they can buy it. (though sometimes it feels like it could have done better having a button for purchase and am another for download for free.)

god now im getting off topic too ><

+ lil_hand on April 17th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

@295 It’s not that I’m upset about not getting access to the games, it’s the lack of communication about the issue. Obviously it doesn’t matter that the update was delayed, but had it not been for 276 those of us not on Twitter would still be in the dark about the issue. It’s unprofessional for a company to advertise a release date and then not communicate with their customers when that has been delayed.

+ brifli on April 17th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

I agree completely with lil_hand. Sony must get better with updates with issues. Sure it’s not the end of the world that the PSN update was delayed… however, let us know on the PS3 that this is delayed. It is known that Tuesday evenings (4-7pm ET) the PSN store is updated so we all can give Sony our hard earned cash. The least Sony can do is let us know there is a delay or something is amiss. I feel more sorry for the developers that look forward to day 1 releases that people don’t know got changed.

+ ProdijusX on April 17th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

DAMN IT! i just KNEW Malicous would end up on PS+ but i just couldnt wait and bought it. got all the trophies too:(

all in all i still LOVE PS+ keep it up!

+ devil666-br on April 17th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

sorry,but i’m the only one who cant download malicious yet?
theres some problem here or whith the ps store?
this game isn show for me here.what a hell is happening??!!

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8