PS4 - Destiny

Soul Sacrifice: Demo Out Today, Saves Transfer to Full Game

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar + Posted by Kumi Yuasa on Apr 16, 2013 // Producer, SCEA

Soul Sacrifice on PS Vita

I hope you’re ready for Soul Sacrifice — the demo will be available this afternoon on PSN!

Your first reaction to the demo might be, “Holy moly, this is a LOT of demo!” …And you’d be right! The entire first chapter of the full game is included, all of which is playable with up to three other friends via online or ad-hoc multiplayer. Inafune-san made it a special point for the demo to be quite substantial, as you can read in his comments below:

“The number one reason for the Soul Sacrifice demo to have a lot of content was to show the users the full attraction of Soul Sacrifice. We knew that cutting out a small section of the game and saying, ‘Isn’t this part fun?’ would not show the users the full potential of the game. We figured that it wouldn’t make sense if the users could not have the ‘I want to play more’ feeling.

Soul Sacrifice on PS VitaSoul Sacrifice on PS Vita

“So, we decided we want to provide, ‘at the very least,’ this amount of the game for the users. That is why, if you compare it to a standard demo, this became such a substantial piece. But we are confident that this will not become something negative where the users will feel like, ‘We played enough.’ After we released the demo version in Japan we received many voices, saying ‘[I] want to play more’ and ‘I want to get more hooked on this game.’ That is why we believe making this demo with this amount of volume and detail was a success.”

Soul Sacrifice is a long adventure, with dozens of hours of gameplay. The demo is not only a great way to sample the full experience, but also to let you get a head start on that adventure before the game releases. To that end — this part is important, pay attention! — the save data will carry over to the full game! Not only that, if you do carry over demo save data to the full game, you will receive an exclusive bonus item: “Spirits’ Heart”! It summons a powerful stone golem that will fight for you!

Soul Sacrifice on PS Vita

Trying the demo and carrying over your save data is the ONLY way to get “Spirits’ Heart,” so why not give it a shot if you’re already interested in the game?

The Soul Sacrifice demo offers a single player mode AND a multi-player mode. Multi-player can be played via both ad-hoc and online, but please be aware that multi-player and all online features for the demo will be terminated and will no longer be available on April 30th, 2013. After this date, you will still be able to play the demo offline and ad-hoc. Of course, that’s not a problem, since you’ll all be picking up the full game when it launches on April 30th, right? *wink*

Don’t forget to pre-order! Not only do you get three exclusive Magic Offerings and two exclusive costumes, but you’ll also get the Japanese voice-over audio pack for free!

8,189 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 164

+ Jesszman on April 16th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Will PSN users get the option to pre-order?

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 17th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Hi all,

If you’ve been following @PlayStation on Twitter, you’ll know that we’ve had a delay in the PS Store publish due to maintenance. We’re aiming to get the update out today, Wed, 4/17. You can follow @PlayStation on Twitter for updates, or track this thread in the PlayStation Forums

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the delay. I know a lot of you guys are looking forward to the Soul Sacrifice demo, and other content. We know it’s frustrating (we feel it too!) and are working hard to get this out the door.

+ DaMann22 on April 16th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Wasn’t going to get this and just wait until the full digital release. But man I guess if it transfers over Im going to put persona 4 down for the moment.

+ ASC2175 on April 16th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

SAVES! ~(O.O)~

+ Anddo on April 16th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

This is how you do a demo folks!

I already have this on pre-order. I can’t wait for the store update.

+ Craiji on April 16th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

So exited for the Store update today! Any chance for the OST here?

+ su43berkut17 on April 16th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

I think we all want to know about the preorder bonuses for the digital version, why do you refuse to let us know? a simple yes or no will suffice

+ Gorvi on April 16th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Awesome! Now I can feel free to play the hell out of the demo and not feel like I’ll have to do it all over again.

+ NARDCORE_805 on April 16th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Yeah I can’t wait for this game to come out! I’ve been looking forward to a demo and now that it can carry over it makes it even more worthwhile to play get it!

Thanks a lot for the info! I will definitely be playing this demo and then the game for a while!

+ Kedaro on April 16th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

OK now you got my attention, This game is definitely starting to sound ridiculously awesome.
If a fan of Demon’s Souls or Dark Souls might feel at home in Soul Sacrifice, Then all I have to ask is, When do I move in?

+ TwinDad on April 16th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Thank you. More demos are always needed. It helps me off the fence towards a purchase more often.

+ adoduknom on April 16th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

If only this were Monster Hunter… but Soul Sacrifice should satiate my craving for MH on the Vita.

+ Kedaro on April 16th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

The multi-play included in the demo is what I’m speaking of, and the fact that it carries over, impressive. I remember Patapon doing that to a lesser scale, they included a weapon if you played their demo, for the psp version of the game, I’m excited for Soul Sacrifice now… argh you guys are good…

+ SasoriJr on April 16th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

C’mon sony, I’m waiting for hours to get this demo. It’ll be full of awesomeness! *O*

+ Zionine on April 16th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Holy smokes. Thanks so much Inafune!
I’m looking forward to playing this til my fingers bleed. :) Just this single chapter… Hahaha.
AND the bonus! Wow. :) This is exciting!!! Why can’t it be 5 o’clock (EST) already…

+ KirAMinh on April 16th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Where is the demo. Should be out sooner …

+ TomatoDragon on April 16th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

One of my most anticipated games. Pre-ordered.

+ KazeEternal on April 16th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Been waiting for this game since it was announced. Thank you for bringing a new and original title to Vita that seems to be aiming for a triple A experience. I can’t wait to play it.

+ akisuo on April 16th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Awesome! Already plan to get the demo and buy the game, but this is even better now that my save file will carry over. With the save file carrying over from the demo to the full game, will it effect any of the trophies?

+ subadictos on April 16th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Will you give us the option for “pre order” the game today digitally?

A friend of mine pre ordered on EU Store for all those bonuses, why can’t we do the same here?

+ FLu-Phone on April 16th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Full version with Online Pass ?

Respawn , please .

+ Ryumoau on April 16th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

i’ll try the demo, but not that excited for it because of how disappointed i was with Ragnorak Odysessy. This game gives me vibes of the game from the gameplay vids i’ve seen. Hopefully this is much better.

+ afigueroa on April 16th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Why is no one saying anything about Day one preorder on the PSN for this game?? I don’t buy physical media for the vita but I want the preorder bonuses!!

+ Ryumoau on April 16th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Also, i appreciate you making the demo so substantial. Wish other game demos were this meaty.

+ RenderMonk on April 16th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Can you tell us how big the download file will be? Thanks. Great looking game, can’t wait to try it out!

+ reson8er on April 16th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Fantastic! Thanks to the team for this, it will make the wait for the game a lot more pleasant. I tried the Japanese Demo, but after starting decided to wait to play the NA version, as it seemed very detailed and interesting, and I didn’t want to miss anything.

+ bocahfooty on April 16th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Come on SCEA, give us a digital preorder too!

+ XtemmA2 on April 16th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

I’m with all of the above, and below on this.

+ Megrim23 on April 16th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

Well now I know what I’m going to be doing tonight! I’ve had this pre-ordered for a couple weeks now. Can’t wait to play it!

+ Nejithegreat on April 16th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

Such good news is all most unreal I think to day will be a good day knowing this.

+ Christian399 on April 16th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Holy Christ, how hard is it to answer a question about the DIGITAL VERSION PRE-ORDER BONUSES (WILL IT EVEN BE AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER) that fans have been asking about since the January announcement? Will we have one? Will it have the same bonuses as retail? This is a pretty basic question for a game that launches in two weeks that you would think its development/ marketing team or literally anyone who deals with the PS Blog would know.

+ Char_222 on April 16th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Cannot wait to try it!

+ Mando44646 on April 16th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

This is awesome, thanks! Its cool that you made the save carry over to the full game, I was gonna ask about that before I saw it in the article!

+ Mando44646 on April 16th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Although I would like to know if the digital version comes with all the same content the retail version does. I hope you do not show the retail copy favoritism in this regard as I much prefer digital media on my Vita. :D

+ GoogleNexus on April 16th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Can’t it be out already I been itchy to play!!!! :-) what time will it be available?

+ SKeRJ on April 16th, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

I have never wanted the store to update so much as I do right now.

+ Fardeenah on April 16th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

now thats what i call a demo :D hope the size is resonable enough

+ Akuma_Ryuu_69 on April 16th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

Is there gonna be a pre-order/Buy on the the PS Store for Vita? because im not a fan of the cartriges nor anything physical because of problems. and i DO want the pre-order bonus stuff that comes from it! specially the japanese voice over. Any chance we will? and not A DAY before the actual game comes out.

+ jasonlin101 on April 16th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

anyone like me, wait update from 00:00 am?

+ ReaperWolf68 on April 16th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Well I was so thirsty for this game I went jap to play the demo, went nuts on it for nearly two months and now the english comes out! dope!!!! Now I can read whats going on :D and for the guy saying stuff about Ragnarok, stop. This game is a lot better than Ragnarok. and no its not MH because it doesnt need to be MH it is its own game and a damn good one! now thats theres data transfer, Im gona go green eggs and ham on this demo…. again…. Looking forward to it!

+ Qmoney88 on April 16th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

If this game isn’t up for preorder on the store or at least has all preorder content available with the digital version then I may just have to pass on this as I will not continue to support the inequality between the European and American ps store content. We are just as loyal over here yet Europe gets to preorder far more titles, their playstation plus offering vs are much greater and it jus seems that they are more favored then we are. All I want is some equality and the ability to access he same content that they do. The European blog seems to keep their fans much more involved and informed about upcoming content. This is seriously dampening my enthusiasm about Sony as a whole. I am an avid gamer, have spent literally thousands in the ps store, had been splits member and pa3 owner since day 1, as well as vita an am truly starting to feel betrayed. Answer more of our importan questions and stop ignoring us!! Every time we ask about day 1 digital Nothing is said, this is getting so ridiculous because I feel that I need to either move to Europe or run multiple accounts jus so I can enjoy the treatment they receive over there. We deserve more answers Sony

+ PhoenixDowny on April 16th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

I love you Sony! I am gearing up to download this and Pre-Order the game! Soul Sacrifice is the PS Vita blockbuster we’ve been awaiting!

+ Qmoney88 on April 16th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

I mean to say I’ve been a ps plus member, and ps3/vita owner since day one

+ Qmoney88 on April 16th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

I also hate to sound like a whiny brat but at the same time I feel as though we all should be voicing our concerns as often as possible otherwise nothing will ever change. Please do something about the inequality Sony, you know it’s there yet you do nothing about it

+ Zionine on April 16th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Qmoney88: There definitely will be a digital version, because that’s a Vita promise. If it’s on retail, there will be a digital version. It’s the pre-order that is seeming fishy. But if they promised it earlier this year, patience will be needed for this confirmation.

+ Evil_Vladimyr on April 16th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

What size is the demo?? I have to clear space on my Vita, and I’m curious how much I need to clear.

+ jasonlin101 on April 16th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Can’t get pre-order in Canada.
I am sure will get it at first release day in retail store.
pre-order have to wait.

It is not fair. It should set a time, like active full game before May 15th, or May 30th.

+ PMurphy1978 on April 16th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Will NA and EU players be able to play together? It may seem like a stupid question but nice to know.

+ infamousXX87XX on April 16th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

I can’t wait

+ Gmafz7 on April 16th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

*Drooooooooooool*

+ Toadamus on April 16th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

This has to be the best demo in the world

PAGE 1 2 3 164