PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Plus: Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Apr 22, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This week, PS Plus members can download one of the most full-featured portable fighters in history: Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny. It’s also week 3 of Spring Fever, which means a new indie title — Thomas Was Alone (with a launch week discount for PS Plus members) and a Resident Evil franchise sale. Read on, and let us know what you think in the comments.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April 23rd PlayStation Plus Update

Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (PSP, Supported on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Soul Calibur Broken Destiny
Battle as one of many returning Soul Calibur favorites, each enhanced with tuned balancing, new moves and animations. Play the dedicated single player game mode: Trials, developed exclusively for this Soul Calibur outing and evolved versions of classic game modes like The Gauntlet and Versus. Blow away your competition using finely tuned and enhanced battle mechanics including critical finishes, Soul Crushes and equipment destruction and unleash devastating combos. And don’t forget, you can play as Kratos!

PlayStation Plus Update 4-23-2013

SPRING FEVER – Thomas Was Alone (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Thomas Was Alone
A unique puzzle platformer arrives this week with Thomas Was Alone. Perhaps a distant cousin to Sound Shapes; it may look fairly basic, but if you’ve ever wondered how a game could make you care about characters that are represented fairly simply (via shapes), but have an intriguing level of depth to them backed up with strong writing, great sound design, and personality out the ears, you need to check out Thomas Was Alone.
SPRING FEVER – Resident Evil Franchise Sale (PS3, PSP with PS Vita Support)

Up to 65% Discounts for PS Plus Members

Resident Evil Sale
This week’s Spring Fever franchise sale brings you a ton of titles from the Resident Evil series. Nearly all of the major entries in the series are here at a discounted price; with PS Plus members netting the best discount at up to 65% off the regular price. You’ll also find a number of Add-Ons as well. Check the PlayStation Store update tomorrow for the full list.

Discounts

Game Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Resident Evil 4 (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Resident Evil Director’s Cut (PS one Classic) $9.99 $4.99 $3.49
Resident Evil 2 (PS one Classic) $5.99 $2.99 $2.09
Resident Evil 6 (PS3) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS one Classic) $5.99 $2.99 $2.09
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (PS3) $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
RESIDENT EVIL THE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES (PS3) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
RESIDENT EVIL THE UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (PS3) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/30)

Instant Game Collection
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)

Discounts
Resident Evil 4 (PS3)
Resident Evil Director’s Cut (PS one Classic)
Resident Evil 2 (PS one Classic)
Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS one Classic)
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3)
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (PS3)
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (PS3)
RESIDENT EVIL THE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES (PS3)
RESIDENT EVIL THE UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (PS3)

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when PlayStation Store updates on April 23rd.

What are you most excited for this week? What do you think could be better? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 4-23-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 9

+ Mando44646 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

Nothing this week for Vita. It’d be nice to have something other than old PSP fighters on PS+. Looking forward to the All Stars franchise sales next week

+ BubbRubb17 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

An old psp game…..EU PS+ is getting Hitman Absolution next month…a game barely 6mo old and generally highly rated….US had better bring it or I am seriously done. This is getting old.

+ alfred7131 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Vita needs real indie horror games like amnesia

+ angealchaos on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

I have a question,i preordered Dragons Dogma from the PSN,am i going to be alble to download it at 12am or till the psn updates?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Not sure on this one, but I’ll see if we can get some sort of confirmation from @PlayStation on Twitter on this if it’s getting a midnight release. May not be possible to confirm though

+ chrisishizu on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Good Resident Evil sale, I´ll recommend it to my friends.
Unfortunatelly I already own all of these games.

+ Rockefellow on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

Releasing PSP games to satiate your Vita demographic is almost insulting. Never mind what Europe gets; it’s poor treatment for fans. I could only imagine if Sony only released PS2 Classics as Plus’s full game each month.

+ alfred7131 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

Would love to be on bed at night playing a horror game on my vita with my headphones on blast.

+ Reduced2ASH on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

39.99? Really?

+ kiikooo on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

A reply would be really appreciated.

1) My vita keeps saying battery low even though its fully charged. Then it dies and if i click the playstation button it turns normally back on. I have updated to latest version.

2) Any news on changing my accounts region from USA to Canada. With PS4 atleast?

Thanks

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

For your first question, you may want to contact Customer Service to see what they may have for options for you.

+ Ace2540 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

@1, agreed, as much as I love fighting games, I’d like to see other genre of games for free, and like @2 said, EU’s PS+ is amazing, didn’t they get MGS Peace Walker a while ago? How come EU’s PS+ is so much better than ours, I saw that they also got Sleeping Dogs and Mass Effect 3 to name a few, what the heck America?

+ el_casual on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

Its a good news to everyone that DONT have a RE . like me. good.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

How come on the Resident Evil Sale it says:

(“PS3, PSP with PS Vita Support”) but on the list none em say PS Vita?

Can’t wait to try out Soul Calibur tomorrow.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Mainly the PS Vita support ones are for the PS one Classics.

+ remanutd5 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

ModNation Racers Road Trip, Resistance Burning Skies, Rayman, Unit 13??

+ AmericanNinja1 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

I will get RE6!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

do it!

+ Shadow_Prince on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

need to replace the old PS exclusive games like with others like resistance 3, killzone 3 and we already have enough fighting games on psn+ for the vita. most importantly the content we get needs to catch up with what europe is getting.

+ gokougtz on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

No discount on Resident Evil 6 DLC?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

There is also a lot of RE Add-Ons on sale; watch the PlayStation Store Update post tomorrow for the full list.

+ UncannySilk on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

People complaining about this month’s PS+ lineup are obviously upset with challenging games. :P

Anywho, RE6 is that low? Man that game must’ve bombed hard.

+ chrisishizu on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

I think SCE should make a POLL every month to get the types of games or tiltes their clients wants to get on PS+

+ RyugamiManta on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

Gahh…yet another older PSP game, nothing for me this update as I already have all the RE games from buying the RE 6 Anthology…!

+ Shadow_Prince on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

@17 ppl are actucally upset because Europe keeps getting better and newer games

+ MakejoD on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

I whant games like in EU PS+

+ DayofZer0 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

What is disappointing about this offering is that neither Tekken 6 (PSP) or Soul Calibur Broken Destiny have online multiplayer modes (essential feature for fighting games these days), especially when there is plenty of fighting games for the Vita ( Mortal Kombat, Street Figther X Tekken, DOA5 +, Playstation All-Stars, BlazBlue and UMVC3 ), It puzzles me that someone at the Plus team said to himself: I really need to secure these 2 games for the Vita IGC, and then he pat himself on the back.

At least the Soul Sacrifice demo is amazing :D (but that has nothing to do with Plus).
about Soul Scrifice I would like to know if there is going to be an option to pre-order the digital version, or if the preoder goodies will be inluded for those who buy it day 1.

+ UncannySilk on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

@20 Quality’s subjective, champ.

+ KwietStorm on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Has the well run that dry or is there a conscious effort for disparity between us and Europe? I know they have been very vocal in recent years about not getting treated the same as the US branch. Well, their PS Plus offerings have more than made up for that. They get games like Arkham City, Zeus Ex and HITMAN ABSOLUTION. We get a PSP game, and there hasn’t been anything big for a few months now. What’s goin on?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Spec Ops The Line and Demon’s Souls were definitely big games that hit Plus month to month in March and April, with a lot of content in between to support. You can definitely look forward to more big games like those in the coming months

+ Gorvi on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Nice. I can’t wait to grab Thomas Was Alone tomorrow, and I welcome another fighting game, at least one I can play on the VIta. I think that’s enough now, though, lets change it up next month with a different genre. I’d love to see When Vikings Attack or Earth Defense Force go on Plus for the Vita. Maybe Unit 13?

+ KwietStorm on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

And what’s so hard about getting a sign in invisible feature?

+ akisuo on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

Just might have to jump on the RE6 sale.

+ el_casual on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Agree with @26.

+ TJF588 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

How any not-new PSP title is still going for double-Jacksons is beyond me (and even new ones top out at thirty). Still, it’s good to see the PSP in on this. Wrangle Half-Minute Hero or Dead Head Fred, though, and things’d be tops.

Still chipping away at Dragon Fantasy, which is nostalgic of old sensibilities, but I keep tallying things that bring me down about it (movement input delay after screen transitions, no scaling, no sorting, no de-equip, no dialogue item transference confirmation (very minor niggle there), leftover iOS scrollbar, and music that 1) resets after exiting battle and 2) loops awkwardly, either from length (the Cove!) or a not-so-fluid pitch change or somesuch). I like it alright enough, and I still have three chapters untouched, but it’s definitely gonna fend some gamers off from a cumulation of yesteryear aspects.

Point being: I might hold out on Thomas Was Alone for now.

And I’ve already got most of the RE stuff, either through Plus or launch, and the Chronicles aren’t cheap enough for me to bite (RE’s not my bag).

+ tylerh1701 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Enough fighters.
Enough PSP games.

We’ve gotten I believe 6 fighters since the IGC started less than a year ago. That is not at all proportional to the amount of fighters on PSN compared to the amount of other games on PSN. I understand that fighters are a good option for PS+ because it gets their online community going again, but it is a pretty niche genre. I’ve had my fill.

As for PSP games, I personally don’t get any satisfaction from them. Comparing a full PS Vita game like Virtue’s Last Reward (which EU is getting) to a full PSP game isn’t even close in my book. I never bought a PSP because the library never really interested me. I did buy a Vita because the library is far more interesting to me. I would even take a small PS Vita game like Sunflowers and Puddle over PSP games.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

Thanks for your feedback on that note. I’m curious as to what people prefer overall; no PSP games at all?; or the current model which is more or less half PS Vita games and half PSP games.

You definitely have been getting a lot of value on the PS Vita side this month though since the games of Spring Fever are all cross buy and it offers a discount. But I see your point when it comes to PS Vita content in the IGC.

+ Ironlantern92 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Resident Evil 4 for less than $10? Do want.

+ Fardeenah on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

PART 1

this game is meh. when announced on the psp i was so excited, love soul calibur series but upon playing it it was a damn shame, graphics and gameplay was nice except that the game didnt even have a proper arcade mode only quick matches. it killed it for me. this is an overpriced psp game. hate to admit it.

@morgan i would very much like some better vita games. u have two psp fighting game two month in a row. please mix it up. i dont mind psp games but do give us some good psp games like god of war and metal gear peace walker.

kindly consider some content for vita only ps plus users. at least give is some good games. EU got metal gear solid collection. virtue last reward, mortal kombat, all retail games + a downloadable game.

on the other hand, i rather have vita games which include trophies as such.

u could give us a retail vita game and a psp game or a retail vita game and a downloadable native vita game , i would be happy with this combination.

please dont give us an old psp game as the main hightlight for ur vita ICG and a small download tittle.

+ moecage on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Maybe it’s just me,but when I try to vote it takes me to a page that says thanks for voting. I did nothing.

+ Fardeenah on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

PART 2
i would like games in the like of:
escape plan
rayman origins vita
sine mora
lbp vita
ac liberation
sound shapes
guacamelee

etc
also please mix up vita and ps3 ICG content , it sucks that vita users have to wait the last two weeks of the month for content, being a vita only subs for ps plus, i would rather have a game on the first week and another on the 3rd or 4th week. having something to play instead of waiting for last two weeks gets me less excited for ps plus or ps blog post.

+ el_casual on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

By the way …when PSN Mexico will be equal to PSN Usa in psp games? at least on Vita.

+ castonph on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Is it just me, or is the poll from last week?

Anyway, not interested in more of these fighers… I might pick up Thomas was Alone if I can finish Disgaea any time soon.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

hmm, poll seems to be working for me; anyone else having this issue?

+ TwinDad on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

I like getting PSP games. Let us be honest, there is a bigger selection and availability than there is for PS Vita titles. SO keep them comming.

Fighting games? Again? Could we consider a different genre for next month please.

I do realize we get a Vita native game later this month. For this week, nothing for me.

+ jonjon0890 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Here is europe ps plus in may:

1st May: Hitman Absolution
1st May: Catherine
1st May: Malicious
8th May: Sine Mora
15th May: Velocity Ultra HD

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Thanks for the update, unfortunately there’s nothing for me this week. It’s ridiculous how much better the EU PS+ selection is.

Here are some games I’d love to see in the IGC:

God of War (any/all games in the series; digital versions of GOW3 & Ascension)
Grand Theft Auto (any/all games in the series)
Metal Gear Solid (any/all games in the series; digital version of MGS4)
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row 3
Uncharted (any/all games in the series)

+ Gorvi on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

The poll needs to be updated, it’s still the same one from last week.

+ TwinDad on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

@Morgan,

Was there a mistake on the Pol?. The link takes me to the content from last week with Dragon Book Fantasy and the GTA discounts. I would have thought we are polling about the content for this week the fighter and the RE series sale.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

Oh i see it; yeah I just asked for this to be updated.

Proper poll link is here: http://poll.fm/471oc

Will ask the blog crew to update the link

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

By the way, the survey link is the one from last week. For the record: I was planning on voting for “Nothing for me this week.”

+ TJF588 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

@6 Rockefellow – UGH, I’d love to see Classics return to Plus’s offerings. Used to be we’d see a PSN game, a mini, and a PSone Classic. The current rotation sets are great, but if we could work some of those in once in a while. Felt good, getting the chance at Wild Arms (not Plus, but not exclusively Vita; again, thanks, Sony, for getting PSP players in on that).

+ aelurio1980 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Hitman in psn euro… what will be the game of the next month of psn +? snake or tetris? =/

+ CrashSpyro on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

Are there really no deals on the RE4/6/ORC DLC or the bundles of 4/CVX and the Chronicles games? Or are we going to see that there are deals on them in tomorrow’s update that were not listed here for no reason?

+ four24twenty on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

April really didn’t do it for me. I thought Labyrinth Legends was going to be better. Fingers crossed for May. May Day….May Day!

+ Despair-Amit on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

weak month for PS+, it hurts even more considering what EU PS+ gets (gotta stop checking the EU Blog), still lets hope May is better, c’mon guys you’re letting the EU guys get the better deals? Also since when is a PSP game considered part of the vita collection? My criteria for vita collection(or any game for the IGC) is that it must have trophies :)

+ aznxchunky on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

I don’t mind that psp games are the free games, but fighting games on psp are the free games are imo a poor choice

+ BigBacon87 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

I would prefer nothing at all to a PSP fighter. The Vita has a terrific lineup of fighting games why would I want to waste my time with an old Vita one? I didn’t buy a Vita for PSP games and I certainly don’t pay into Plus hoping to get my hands on them. There are lot’s of weeks where I am not interested in whatever the freebie might be but I’d be willing to bet that less than 20% and more likely less than 10% of Plus subscribers will not even bother with Soul Caliber PSP or they will dl it play it for 5 minutes and realize they could be playing much better fighters which were actually made for the Vita. I really feel like the NA Plus needs new leadership to take it in a good direction. The people running things now really, really, really don’t get it. Try hiring an actual gamer to pick the games. It’s not as silly as it may sound.

+ CaptainRadical on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

What I think of this update, well I doubt I can truly express it without my comment being deleted again.
Anyways, what the hell is up with the insane obsession with Fighting games over there? Seriously. First it seemed like non stop fighting game on the PS3, now more fighting games on Vita. Wow! Thanks. Does know one over there understand the word variety?

I would invite you to check out the IGN article about the incredibly poor quality of everything PSN. And how even after all these years no one over there has figured out how to do anything right. Despite just about every other online retailer being able to offer the same service on a scheduled time. And like the article says, it’s like there’s any communication as to why after all this time we have to put up with it. Because no one over there says anything other than regular dribble that is past down from Sony Corporate.

Please explain to me what the point of buying day 1 digital is, when I can only get it almost a full 12 hours AFTER I can get it somewhere else. Not really a compelling argument you’re putting up.

And I’m not even getting in to the fact everything on the PSN is incredibly overpriced, even for Sony first party games.

PAGE 1 2 3 9