LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Plus: Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Apr 22, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This week, PS Plus members can download one of the most full-featured portable fighters in history: Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny. It’s also week 3 of Spring Fever, which means a new indie title — Thomas Was Alone (with a launch week discount for PS Plus members) and a Resident Evil franchise sale. Read on, and let us know what you think in the comments.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April 23rd PlayStation Plus Update

Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (PSP, Supported on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Soul Calibur Broken Destiny
Battle as one of many returning Soul Calibur favorites, each enhanced with tuned balancing, new moves and animations. Play the dedicated single player game mode: Trials, developed exclusively for this Soul Calibur outing and evolved versions of classic game modes like The Gauntlet and Versus. Blow away your competition using finely tuned and enhanced battle mechanics including critical finishes, Soul Crushes and equipment destruction and unleash devastating combos. And don’t forget, you can play as Kratos!

PlayStation Plus Update 4-23-2013

SPRING FEVER – Thomas Was Alone (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Thomas Was Alone
A unique puzzle platformer arrives this week with Thomas Was Alone. Perhaps a distant cousin to Sound Shapes; it may look fairly basic, but if you’ve ever wondered how a game could make you care about characters that are represented fairly simply (via shapes), but have an intriguing level of depth to them backed up with strong writing, great sound design, and personality out the ears, you need to check out Thomas Was Alone.
SPRING FEVER – Resident Evil Franchise Sale (PS3, PSP with PS Vita Support)

Up to 65% Discounts for PS Plus Members

Resident Evil Sale
This week’s Spring Fever franchise sale brings you a ton of titles from the Resident Evil series. Nearly all of the major entries in the series are here at a discounted price; with PS Plus members netting the best discount at up to 65% off the regular price. You’ll also find a number of Add-Ons as well. Check the PlayStation Store update tomorrow for the full list.

Discounts

Game Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Resident Evil 4 (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Resident Evil Director’s Cut (PS one Classic) $9.99 $4.99 $3.49
Resident Evil 2 (PS one Classic) $5.99 $2.99 $2.09
Resident Evil 6 (PS3) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS one Classic) $5.99 $2.99 $2.09
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (PS3) $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
RESIDENT EVIL THE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES (PS3) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
RESIDENT EVIL THE UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (PS3) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/30)

Instant Game Collection
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)

Discounts
Resident Evil 4 (PS3)
Resident Evil Director’s Cut (PS one Classic)
Resident Evil 2 (PS one Classic)
Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS one Classic)
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3)
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (PS3)
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (PS3)
RESIDENT EVIL THE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES (PS3)
RESIDENT EVIL THE UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (PS3)

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when PlayStation Store updates on April 23rd.

What are you most excited for this week? What do you think could be better? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 4-23-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 9

+ LDemonicI on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

Another fighter game for the vita is disappointing. I could care less if its psp but another fighter is lame.

+ ThiagoArroadie on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

And then you realize that you bough the 1 year package of ps plus just to discover that you will get all these psp games that you already own.

+ Scaramanga1983 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

I think that you will only add fuel to the “Vita has no games” by giving PSP games as the free PS Plus game. Maybe would be better to give those Vita release games, like Little Deviants or Reality Fighters.

+ BeachNights on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

I’m moving to Oman for six months, will I still have access to US PS Plus updates? This might not be the right forum for that question but not sure where else to ask.

+ Madd_Hatter401 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Hey Morgan

Idk if you’ve ever played a game called Shenmue but its a freaking awesome game..Sony should go hard at saga about making an HD version for vita and or ps3 shenmue and shenmue 2 would be an amazing!! Addition to the psn library.. Also not a great ICG week but the RE sales are pretty sweet bro :)

+ zingakun on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

Wow, RE6 cheaper than Raccoon City? Is this some kind of sales tactic to sell more RE6? xD

+ humanflaw on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Woah…. wait a second…. you guys realize you posted the US one a day ahead of time and not EU right? I just want to make sure this is what the US is getting since we don’t often see it this early… *smirk*

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 22nd, 2013 at 3:29 pm said:

Not sure I understand the question, but yes, this is what US Plus members will be getting this week when the PlayStation Store updates on 4/23.

+ hyper-shadow-0 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

And I JUST re-bought a used copy of RE6 yesterday. How..ironic and coincidental. I might as well return it, get a ps network card and get it off of there since its on sale for 14.99

+ johnnyp70 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

I don’t usually complain, but this is lame. I really don’t think the Vita owners will continue to be satisfied with PSP fighters,especially, as someone has said, there are no online components.

And to #54, as long as you have access to the internet and your PS3 is online, you will be able to get the updates. If you’re asking if you’ll have access to this website in Oman, though? I can’t be sure.

+ gemuvan on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

It looks more like PS plus for PSP than PS plus for Vita =))))

+ xClayMeow on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

As I stated when the month’s content was first unveiled, I’d really like to know who thought it was smart to have Soul Calibur be the IGC after Tekken 6 was an IGC last month. Two PSP fighters in a row??! Soul Calibur is my favorite fighter franchise, but I still think this is totally stupid.

And then next week we’re getting Zombie Tycoon 2, so Vita owners are getting ZERO Vita-only titles in IGC this week.

I wish the poll was updated (it’s pointing to two week’s ago) so I can vote on how bad this is.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 22nd, 2013 at 3:29 pm said:

The poll should now be correct!

+ TwinDad on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

@humanflaw ,

What are you trying to be funny about? They have for the last few years always posted on Monday what we can expect for PS+ on Tuesday. The monthly outlook is new (again) since last month, but we knew this was coming before April1.

+ Kurusichiano on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

Loving the psn plus update, to much games for my 4gb on my vita cant handle them all >.<

If only you guys would price drop the 32gb for the vita, then that would be fantastic.

+ Doc_Tury on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

Getting RE6, it’s the only game that I don’t have from the Series! And Thomas Was Alone looks inteesting and for 7.99 its a good deal!
I only hope that a would be able to download Soulcalibur for the PSP in the Mexican Store! I’m still waiting for Tekken 6!
Oh well, see you FOR ANOTHER LATE STORE UPDATE ON THURSDAY!

+ JamesBlonde777 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

I agree with the rest of the senitments expressed here. We have plenty of fighting games now, please give us some variety. Also, instead of padding the IGC with old PSP games and calling it Vita content, Sony should look to expand the Vita library so it actually has real Vita games to offer the IGC. Love PS+ and brag on it whenever I can, but thought constructive feedback would be helpful. =)

+ gemuvan on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

@54…. Yes, you can have access to you account and PS plus from anywhere in the world.

+ soundandvision77 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

I agree with everyone else who complained that we are getting too many fighting games on PS Plus. I hope that there are enough comments about it this time that someone at Sony will get the picture. Also, I think if you are going to include PSP games as part of the Vita’s IGC, they have to be great games that people will really want. Not that Soul Caliber is a bad game, but I’d argue that most people who have an interest in Soul Caliber would have already bought it when it was released on PSP. If you have to give us fighting games, at least give us newer ones for the Vita like Mortal Kombat or Marvel vs. Capcom 3. These aren’t brand new anyone, but are new enough to interest people at least.

For PSP games, I’d prefer to see something like Syphon Filter, Resistance Retribution, The 3rd Birthday, Dante’s Inferno, or even some interesting RPGs to mix things up.

I hope to see a better month next time for Vita. No more fighting games. Take a year off from that.

+ MazdaJDB on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Some people may complain about this update. An old PSP game and some discounts. But I have wanted Res 6 for a while and I almost bought Broken Destiny just last weekend. And with my $10 for $50 credits I received from March, Resident Evil 6 is free too!!! Thanks Sony.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Nothing for me this week except i may pick up RE6 for $14, that’s pretty good.

+ Squiggle55 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

The poll needs to be updated for this week.
I am going to vote for “nothing for me this week”. I am pretty burned out on getting fighting games, especially old ones with single player only — absolutely no redeeming characteristics. If nothing else, I would be able to enjoy Mortal Kombat or DoA because of trophies and online.

+ Souledge94 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

people sure like complaining. Its not like its been a good while since we got good stuff.

+ Shadow_Kamui on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

I love that you are giving Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny because I have the game on PSP and in my opinion is the greatest last soul calibur that was release and I really wanted to played on vita ^.^

+ toology01 on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Yayyyy another fighting game for PS plus (sarcasm)

Next month will probably =
mortal kombat
mortal kombat vs. dc universe
some obscure 2D fighting game,
and 20% off injustice.

Please no more fighting games. or 3-4 year old retail title that can be gotten for $5 or less off craigslist. When in doubt, look to what the EU PS Plus team does…

+ eliseobeltran_us on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

meh. I didn’t but a vita and subscribe to ps+ just to play old psp game.

+ dewadonuts on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

1) Poll needs update

2) Gotta agree that the constant stream of PSP stuff for Vita and fighters in general is a bit off putting, actually, a lot off putting. There are only so many fighters I “actually” want to get better at, much less ones with a strong community.

3) It would be really nice to see another poll on what types of genres we want to see from ps plus in the next month. Not just some random poll, but one taken seriously by whoever is negotiating the games offered to the NA region. If possible, put a cap on how old the title is or the user star rating is (4 and above or 5 star rating). I’m not going to suggest titles because I’ve seen some crazy stupid requests in the comments based off of what EU is getting.

4) Agreed that PSN is expensive in general for no reason. Even though I’m working at a better job now, I find myself turning away from buying older games (5+ years) new because they are still being listed as $20-25 titles. Devs/Publishers, I want to support, but I don’t see why I should pay the premium for it. Idk if this applies to more obscure titles but I’ll start leaning to the lesser known titles if they are cheaper (and fun)

+ humanflaw on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

@TwinDad

Just what I said. So far this is the earliest in the day I have seen it updated. Also, after the recent delay (due to the holiday probably) I was surprised to see it up this early.

Just pointing out that EU get’s the update on what they will get way before we know, up to you how you translate it though.

+ ajgbcool on April 22nd, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

If you want to a most of people pay for an another year of subscription, you’re will see the EU PS+ and compare, I will prefer pay an account in EU for these games…

+ YorlecmNwahs on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

+ Kchow23 on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

I think we have had more than enough fighting games on IGC for a little while, specially if we are starting to get old PSP versions instead of native PS Vita content. Really interested in the RE sale, though some nice discounts :P

+ Moofboy on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

Awesome franchise sale this week. Picking up both RE chronicles for that price. I am tempted for RE4 and RE6, but am limited on hard drive space (despite aggressively deleting Malicious and Labyrinth Legends among other games). What are the sizes of those? RE4 isn’t on disc, so that may sway me. Also, what was up with the camera on Malicious? Absolutely horrid. Anyway, great job on the sale!

+ trustyourpilot on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

Hey Morgan,

Do you know if any of the Day 1 Digital titles are going to be on the PSN at midnight?

Thanks!

+ noondaydemon on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Time to take a break from PS+.

+ passivefamiliar on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Nothing for me this week. But I’m sure plenty of people will be excited. Its a good drop, but you can’t please everyone. Ever.

all these children should be thankful and not complain every time they dont get what they think should be free.

I would consider getting an EU plus account, but I’m backlogged anyway with all the amazing free stuff as it is.

Just…update before 7pm eh? I know, timezones but its still frustrating

+ favian on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

I don’t mind PSP games on plus, what’s the big deal? Not everything on Plus has to be tailored to YOUR tastes. There are people out there that want PSP games especially if they are compatible with Vita. Maybe you don’t want it, but others do. Deal with it

+ Christian399 on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Morgan,

Soul Sacrifice launches in ONE WEEK. And still we have had no info since January on a digital pre-order OR bonus incentive, which the EU already has. Seriously, this needs to be addressed. It was even the first post on the PSN Blog massive we-haven’t-got-the-damn-servers-up page last week. You answered the post, but ignored the question.

How does SCEA not know the release schedule for digital content and incentives for 1st party software releasing NEXT WEEK? Or is the level of incompetence really that great?

+ ChaseHammerJ on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Sad that all Vita gets out of PS+ is old PSP games :P

+ XtemmA2 on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

EU PS+ is better beacause they have larger members than NA PS+.
Asia PS+ content was the worst, but they got better too since merged with JP PS+.

We can’t know for sure the numbers, it is a rough guess.

+ MushThePainter on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Poll not working, nothing for me this week..

+ dewadonuts on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

@84
I agree, I’m one of those people for the most part. BUT, I think the main problem here is that in a majority of updates since Plus was introduced for Vita, we are seeing PSP games rather than Vita specific titles. If you buy a newer product, you would expect newer stuff right? Constantly falling back to the PSP library is just asking trouble in my opinion, and I can’t say that Vita owners feeling upset are in the wrong either. If I am asked if someone should get Plus solely for the Vita, I can’t honestly recommend it at this time without saying “hopefully it will get better after E3″. I hate having to qualify things like that.

+ shuaDove on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

Looks like I’m going to be 3/3 for the Spring Fever Sale. Really excited about Thomas Was Alone for the Vita. It just adds to a very busy week for my Vita: Guilty Gear XX, Draw Slasher and finishing maxing out my character’s stats on the Soul Sacrifice Demo plus playing catch-up on all the great retail games available… Good update PS+ Team.

+ onuosfan on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

Another PSP game…. I can’t even come up with words to respond to that.

+ Nazotchi on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

This is just sad. The Vita’s been out for over a year and you’re trying to pass off an old PSP fighter as something of value. So glad I cancelled my PS+ subscription when I did.

+ KentBlake on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Please, stop with the fighting games and old PSP games. I think we already got one fighting game of each and every big franchise in existence. That’s enough, seriously.

+ kyoshinhen2 on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

It was a great month, gta iv works great for less than 15 bucks…

+ Nemesishunter420 on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

well last time I sub for plus, sick of all these vita games being offered. and most of the games offered for ps3 are garbage

+ vanwinkle on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

So, this month had good PS3-only content: Demon’s Souls, Labyrinth Legends, and Malicious, plus Zombie Tycoon 2 which is PS3 and Vita. The Vita gets NO Vita-only content, but rather the second PSP fighting game in two months and a PS3/Vita PSN game. I would say “Well, maybe there’s just not enough good Vita games out there,” but, no, SCEE has a fairly consistent rate of good Vita games coming to Plus. It just seems so odd to me how SCEA is so bad when it comes to some of this digital stuff.

+ GeorgeDubbya on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

i like the US ps+ games because when i look at the europe lineup i already bought most of them so even if europe gets the better games i already bought them

also why does anyone complain about the free games at all considering ps+ is 49.99 and you get 5 free games a month (60 per year) FREE so you get your moneys worth many times over who cares which ps+ gets the better deal if youre that concerned about it go signup for europe ps+ and run 2 subs it will be 100$ a year but youll get double the games think that one over

+ SoulSlayer79 on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Why dont you give PSVITA GAMES for vita and not games from psp sony?

+ Dragonslayer_023 on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

I actually want more PSP games on PS+, but please no more fighting games.

+ vanwinkle on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

@95, Nemesishunter420, are you joking? Please, for the love of all that is holy tell me you are joking. The only Vita game this month that isn’t on PS3 is A PSP FIGHTING GAME that came out almost half a decade ago. Are you seriously sick of the one PALTRY week that us Vita owners get something just for us? Regardless of the fact that it’s not just for us since PSP-only owners can download it just as easily.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 9